Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,299 Words
  • 4,046 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 51. Week Eight Tuesday, October 21, 2014: Jeter Retired (again)

“Relationships based on obligation lack dignity.”

-Wayne Dyer

***

“I can run tomorrow, but don't bother picking me up for school. I have a doctor’s appointment in the morning. And I haven’t made it official yet, breaking up with Kathy. I’ll have it all figured out in a few days at the most.”

“What’s the holdup?”

“Greg. I’ve got to talk with him first.”

Gary merely nodded, like it was old news. Mel and Kathy probably spent all day Sunday gossiping about me.

Twoey called after my shower and he was so happy his dick was working again ...hehe. “Sorry Twoey, but you’re gonna have to get someone else to sext you, cuz no way is my naked ass getting out there in cyberspace!”

“Aw you’re no fun! I guess I’ll need to use my imagination.”

On the walk to school, Nels gave me a look, but I shook my head no. Gary gave me a look, too.

Sam, ever observant Sam, Sam who reads my mind, Sam the little fucker goes, “So have you made your freedom official?”

Goddam it!

I think I lost my usual cool because I yelled, “OK! Everybody just shut the fuck up about Kathy and David for a while! I’ll tell you when it happens, so no more words!!!!”

They got the message and we continued to school with Gary talking about something else, but I don't remember what, because the adrenalin pump was shorting out my brain.

In second period biology Martin said he saw Kathy and Cal talking with each other before homeroom. I just shrugged.

After second period, there was no Kathy waiting to walk me to math and also no Kathy waiting outside the math room door. When I went in, she was in her seat. I decided to walk back and asked how her day was going. She said it was OK, but nothing else. So I said, “Well, seeya later,” and went to my seat with Terri giving me a raised eyebrow look. Jeez, gimme a break.

I decided to hang back from lunch and call Twoey before I went into the cafeteria. While I was in the hall talking with him, I noticed Kathy talking to Cal Jacobs outside the music room. Then he went in and she left for her fourth period class, I guess. Sooo ...maybe this puts things in a slightly different light.

In lunch, Matty was in a sociable mood again. “I know you’re not gonna go out for wrestling, but are you going for any winter sport?”

“No, I usually take the winter off.”

“Do you think you’ll watch any wrestling matches?” I could tell he was hoping I’d say yes. It’s not really a bad idea, it would get me out of my house.

“Of course. I wouldn’t want to miss your matches Matty!” That put a smile on his face.

“Maybe we could hang out after a few, y’know, hit Kory’s for a bite.” That’s even a better idea for the same reason.

“Sure, sounds great. The only problem would be if any of the early matches are right after school because I’ll be tutoring Twoey to help him get caught up. I can’t see it lasting any longer than Thanksgiving though.”

Matty really got a happy face and we had a great conversation going. He promised to get me a schedule for the winter sports. I’ll probably even catch a few of Gary’s swim meets.

My weight room work is getting to be more fun and it certainly beats study hall. As a bonus, I get to talk with Biggy. I'm gonna see if maybe Mr. Elcher will give me a permanent pass to be there after XCountry season is over this week so I can bulk up for baseball. I mean ...it makes sense, doesn't it?? He’s my JV baseball coach, so I think I can persuade him.

We were introduced to Parallel Bars in gym. I think ...not so much fun as the horse. Maybe I’ll warm up to them with more practice. I don’t think Matty was very fond of them either. I don’t know if it was the new equipment or if I’m losing concentration because of all this other shit, but I slipped a hand off one of those fucking bars. I dropped straight down until the fucking thing drove into my armpit. Fuck! Did that smart! Matty was on me like a shot, making sure I wasn’t hurt. I told him it was only my pride. He laughed, threw his arm over my shoulders, and told me not to take it seriously.

“It’s alright David, it’s only gym class, not like it’s your sport or anything.” Matty’s quite a guy, but the little pep talk did lift my spirits.

Coach Basuba gave me some one-on-one work today, but the practice was tough. The last race is Friday and the other team is pretty evenly matched with us, so he's pushing very hard. I think this race might mean a lot to him for some reason. That very thought made me work even harder!

I was walking through the kitchen to grab some water before I showered after practice, and Tommy's mother never turned around to look at me. I'm on my way out of this family ...I can feel it. She's gonna kick me out. I’ll be on the street pretty soon.

I retired Derek Jeter today. No sense having him spend all his free time with Twoey, cuz he's certainly recovering fast now. Joseph Heller, on the other hand, told me something amazing. He said there was no connection between me and Kathy and there never was one. What?

He said it was time to talk to Greg. I had to make sure Greg knew I had given it my best shot. Greg would understand if I told him that way. So tomorrow I'm gonna check his schedule to see when he has a study hall or something. After-school time is too busy for me and I certainly don't want to have this discussion at his house or talk to him here, with Liz lurking. I'll work something out. I don't want him to be sore at me. First, I've really gotten to like him ...and second, of course, he's gonna be my frickin' brother-in-law!

This time I remembered to turn my phone back on and called Twoey before my evening run. I decided to go out the back door. No sense giving her a chance to snub me when I can avoid it.

At the end of the run, returning to my street, I saw him in front of my house again! He’s taller than me, but I’m certainly tougher. This time I ran right up to him before he had a chance to escape or anything.

“What the fuck are you doing Josiah?”

He seemed startled I would actually confront him. “It’s a public sidewalk.”

“I asked you a question! What the fuck are you doing staring at my house?”

“I don’t have to answer your questions.”

I pushed my finger into his chest. “You’ve got ten fucking seconds to change your fucking mind! If you don’t fucking want to go home in a fucking ambulance, you better decide to fucking answer!”

I could see fear and panic on his face. What a pussy. He meekly said, “I was praying for you.”

What?” I couldn’t decide whether to laugh or smash his ugly, pimply face.

“You’re going to Hell David, unless you change your ways.” He actually spoke this insanity as though it were the most normal and rational thing to say.

He triggered my curiosity. “Exactly which ‘ways’ to I have to change?”

“It’s your constant friendship with that boy in the hospital. You know they both should have been sent to Hell that night. The only reason he didn’t die too is because the demon is still alive and strong within him. Now that same demon is tempting you.”

I poked his chest again. “The only thing that’ll send me to Hell is murdering you with my bare hands. It’s exactly what I’ll do if I ever see you stalking my house again. In fact, I never even want to see you on Cherry Street again! Now get the fuck out of here Josiah, before I decide to kill you anyway!!” He fled like the coward I knew he was. Fucking idiot!

I returned to my house through the backdoor, showered, called Twoey again, not mentioning Josiah Fucking Coulton, and then left for his house the same way. I didn't even bother to tell my father ...they know where I am.

The short walk calmed me down.

Today I got to make the Mac 'n Cheese with only a few reminders from Ginny. I think I can safely add this to my kitchen repertoire now. It gave me a great idea! I'll make a little cookbook in a three ring folder and add a recipe each time I have it mastered. I just need a title ...David's Dinners ...David's Diner ...A Daily Dose of David ...OK, I need work on the title a little more.

“My appointment is tomorrow morning and I can't wait! But things aren't going too well at my house. Twoey can't come home too soon so I can spend more time here, especially with after-school sports finishing up this week. I've got a feeling my mother might try to kick me out soon.”

Ginny tried to convince me it was only in my head. She couldn't believe my mother would do it or my father would ever allow her. She made a good argument. But I live there ...and I know what I know.

Anyway, I didn't pursue it. Back home tonight I called Kathy and we had a nice, cold conversation for like three minutes. And that did it. It was the final link to snap, I think. Thank goodness Liz was in her room, so I gently rapped on her door. She was a little surprised to see it was me, I could tell. Even though we are brother and sister and, at least for now, live in the same house, we are usually like ships that pass in the night.

“When does Greg have a study hall?”

“Third period.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Then I left.

Now I need to find a way to spring him tomorrow when I get back from the doctor.

I even told Twoey tonight about my mother starting to isolate me. I also decided to tell him about Coulton. I didn’t tell him the asshole said he should be dead or I should stay away from him. Twoey doesn’t need to know that yet, maybe never. He tried to lift my spirits. He and I joked and talked until he was warned again by his nurse. Thankfully, I'll never have to meet that particular nurse. She must hate me ...ha! The good news is he's home Saturday sometime, so I'll be able to visit him Sunday by just walking over. I wonder if Tommy's mother is gonna insist I go to church anymore. Why would they want a demon in their church anyway? But if she lets me off the hook, when I have no legitimate excuse, what's to keep Liz or Tommy from deciding not to go?

This is a power struggle and not a religious thing with her. I'm beginning to see it more clearly.

I wonder what those ignorant bitches in the mother's club are putting in her head now. I don't think she has any kind of a brain herself. She always needs Pastor Pig-Fucker or the Church Mothers to tell her what to do. And I know they're telling her for me to stay away from Twoey ...and it’s not gonna happen! On top of everything, now I’ve got Josiah Fucking Coulton suddenly intruding into my life!

HA! Wait till the fact Twoey’s gay penetrates their bozone layer!

Twoey

Two things affected me today. Good news and not so good news.

First the good news. It's official. Saturday is “H” day. The day I go Home. The doctors said my healing is becoming lightning fast and they're quite astonished. It must be my good genes. Anyway, I feel stronger every day, walking farther and more often, getting to know nurses in the stations all over my floor. I've put a backward baseball cap on my IV guy, so he's cool. My voice is almost 100% and I hardly ever need to rest it. I don't know if it sounds like the old me yet, I'll hafta ask David when I see him in person. I don't trust Mom anymore with answers to some things, sorry to say.

Now for the not so good news. My love is becoming a basket case. He's got so much shit going on in his life, I can't wait to be able to physically hold and comfort him. I think he needs it ...really!! First, he's got the issue with his love for me, which is a big enough problem to put him in fucking therapy! But then he's got his mother who is starting to make him feel unwelcome in his own home ...Jesus! On top of that ...his skank girlfriend is starting to pull away from him. This is the girl who was so depressed her brother begged David to become her boyfriend when she was cheated on ...and according to David, she's talking to that bastard again. He even told me some creepy religious kid is stalking his house now!

I tried to distract him ...but he needs a hug!!

Not from my mother!

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Honestly, this was a fun chapter. Poor Josiah, completely out of his depth and experience. Prayer twisted into a twisted kind of cosmic strong arm tactic - ugh. Hope the kid gets a wake up call when he goes to a non- bible college. David doesn't see this, of course. All he sees is a threat. Matty all over David again...if Matty gets his way, both David and Twoey will be heartbroken as a result. David's heart is much too fragile to play the way Marty wants. Lots of different directions for the story to take, and plenty of time for imagination! Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ha! "No sense giving her a chance to snub me when I can avoid it." At least David is retaining a sense of humor! I really hope that Pastor Johnson and his accomplices don't try an intervention because if they do, they'll have Derek Jeter AND Joseph Heller to contend with! Interesting times ahead! Can't wait for the next chapter! Thanks, SkinnyD!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 02:04 AM, Parker Owens said:

Honestly, this was a fun chapter. Poor Josiah, completely out of his depth and experience. Prayer twisted into a twisted kind of cosmic strong arm tactic - ugh. Hope the kid gets a wake up call when he goes to a non- bible college. David doesn't see this, of course. All he sees is a threat. Matty all over David again...if Matty gets his way, both David and Twoey will be heartbroken as a result. David's heart is much too fragile to play the way Marty wants. Lots of different directions for the story to take, and plenty of time for imagination! Thank you!

Thanks for your usual great comments Parker!

 

David DOES seem a bit more upbeat, and you seem to have caught some of the 'fun' sprinkled around. I mean, I wonder if Jeter realizes he retired twice ;)

 

About the sect. If Josiah was acting on his own, it's probably as you supposed. If he wasn't, then we may have a problem closer to David's suspicions. We'll have to keep a watch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 09:04 AM, jess30519 said:

Ha! "No sense giving her a chance to snub me when I can avoid it." At least David is retaining a sense of humor! I really hope that Pastor Johnson and his accomplices don't try an intervention because if they do, they'll have Derek Jeter AND Joseph Heller to contend with! Interesting times ahead! Can't wait for the next chapter! Thanks, SkinnyD!

Thanks for your reviews jess!

 

I think David is beginning to feel more in control, which he seems to need. :)

 

Josiah is a little bit of a wild card though. Is he alone in this or is it a chess move? We'll have to wait and see.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

One of the things David got right when it comes to his perception of the relationship, is the emotional disconnect between him and his mother. I lack colorless language to describe her. For all his bravado, David must be aching inside. At least he's thinking he has places to go if he does indeed get kicked out. I think the sinister plan is worse than that, but we'll see. Josiah does need his face rearranged. Luckily, I'm not a violent person.. It was nice to see Liz btw.

 

Matty is working David and I love it! I can't wait for David to get a clue. And Twoey needs to give his love a hug, he needs it too..

 

Great chapter SkinnyD, feels like trouble is waiting round the corner..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/03/2016 05:22 PM, Defiance19 said:

One of the things David got right when it comes to his perception of the relationship, is the emotional disconnect between him and his mother. I lack colorless language to describe her. For all his bravado, David must be aching inside. At least he's thinking he has places to go if he does indeed get kicked out. I think the sinister plan is worse than that, but we'll see. Josiah does need his face rearranged. Luckily, I'm not a violent person.. It was nice to see Liz btw.

 

Matty is working David and I love it! I can't wait for David to get a clue. And Twoey needs to give his love a hug, he needs it too..

 

Great chapter SkinnyD, feels like trouble is waiting round the corner..

Hey Def, thanks for your review and comments!

 

You might be right about the sinister plan - and that corner trouble is waiting around might be closer than we think. :(

 

 

yes that was a long, loving sibling moment, wasn't it ;)

 

Oh well, buckle up Def!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Omg, the "conversation" (read: threats) between David and Josiah fucking Coulton was laugh-out-loud hysterical, Skinny! I kept picturing David saying the f word with so much infliction in his voice it sent Josiah running for the hills! :rofl: I do feel bad for Josiah because he obviously doesn't have a fucking CLUE what he's talking about! Pig-Fucker and Tommy's mother are on him too, I see. :devil:

 

Tommy's mother is so horrible -- not to even ACKNOWLEDGE your son is in the same room as you is just downright rude and obnoxious. I wish David's dad would just DO something already!!!! Take a fucking STAND! Grow a pair, goddammit!!! Grrrrrr

 

So wth is going on with that skank Kathy? She's back together with Cal? Great, but she doesn't have the balls to tell her CURRENT boyfriend this? I wonder if Greg already knows.

 

Terrific chapter, Skinny! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/18/2016 05:57 AM, Lisa said:

Omg, the "conversation" (read: threats) between David and Josiah fucking Coulton was laugh-out-loud hysterical, Skinny! I kept picturing David saying the f word with so much infliction in his voice it sent Josiah running for the hills! :rofl: I do feel bad for Josiah because he obviously doesn't have a fucking CLUE what he's talking about! Pig-Fucker and Tommy's mother are on him too, I see. :devil:

 

Tommy's mother is so horrible -- not to even ACKNOWLEDGE your son is in the same room as you is just downright rude and obnoxious. I wish David's dad would just DO something already!!!! Take a fucking STAND! Grow a pair, goddammit!!! Grrrrrr

 

So wth is going on with that skank Kathy? She's back together with Cal? Great, but she doesn't have the balls to tell her CURRENT boyfriend this? I wonder if Greg already knows.

 

Terrific chapter, Skinny! :)

Hey Lisa! Thanks for your comments!

 

I think the confrontation surprised both boys, especially with its viciousness. That part was probably David's paranoia poking out.

 

The Kathy thing will be resolved soon enough. ;)

 

Tommy's mother is another thing completely. We can all see it's not moving toward any kind of a reasonable resolution. :(

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Josiah Fucking Coulton

 

Josiah Fucking Coulton + PPF + Tommy's Mom + PPF's Harem = "Danger Will Robinson"

 

David, in all, seriousness, don't kill him yourself. Jail sucks; it's worse than church. Get a guard dog. Not any dog, no Lassie look alike or Scooby-Doo, not even a Hooch. It should make Cujo cower. Ask Joe if Kerberos ever had puppies ... :)

 

Twoey, I told you he's a little queer, so don't be surprised if he introduces you to Joe.

 

Late comment on chapter 49: I think Tommy knows almost precisely what troubles David. Interesting how closely his words mirrored those of Grandpa ... hmmmm

 

Loving this story more and more skinnydragon. Even with ominous forbodings, each chapter garners a few good laughs :) .

 

Thank you skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/11/2016 06:25 AM, said:

Josiah Fucking Coulton

 

Josiah Fucking Coulton + PPF + Tommy's Mom + PPF's Harem = "Danger Will Robinson"

 

David, in all, seriousness, don't kill him yourself. Jail sucks; it's worse than church. Get a guard dog. Not any dog, no Lassie look alike or Scooby-Doo, not even a Hooch. It should make Cujo cower. Ask Joe if Kerberos ever had puppies ... :)

 

Twoey, I told you he's a little queer, so don't be surprised if he introduces you to Joe.

 

Late comment on chapter 49: I think Tommy knows almost precisely what troubles David. Interesting how closely his words mirrored those of Grandpa ... hmmmm

 

Loving this story more and more skinnydragon. Even with ominous forbodings, each chapter garners a few good laughs :) .

 

Thank you skinny!

Hey thanks oxala!

 

Yes JFC indeed!

At this point we aren't sure if he's a tool, an acolyte or a serious danger. But the combination you mention is seriously menacing.

Even David, usually oblivious to even the most obvious, is aware.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..