Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,303 Words
  • 8,592 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 1. Week One Monday September 1, 2014: Labor Day

The tale you are about to read is true. Completely, Except some of the names were changed to protect the guilty; And the venue was changed to help obscure the identities of those involved; And the time period was shifted forward a few years also; Indeed, some characters were even added to help fill out the cast; Clearly, particular incidents were made-up and some were altered to help the dramatic flow; Certainly any allusions to abnormal intuition or accomplishments are obviously invented. In other words, this is a work of fiction, Completely.

First, there are a couple things to address. On occasion there may be some sex between teenage boys, or worse. The author does not condone or promote any activities these boys get into ...after all they're only 15 years old, or worse. Boys get into all kinds of shit. If you shouldn't read this, live in a very repressive country or Mississippi, or if you don't like this stuff, then stop here.

Actually, anybody should be able to predict the ending of this thing even after the very first chapter ...but it's the journey that I hope is interesting. If you're still with me, this story will take you through every day in the lives of these kids from 9/01/14 to 12/31/14. Exactly as I remember it. Eighteen weeks of the weirdest shit I ever eye-witnessed. I welcome any comments, reviews or PMs.

I do hope you enjoy the story.

- Skinny

**********************************************

"Shit Gary ...I'm a hurting puppy! We shoulda been doing this all summer."

"I never want to say you're right, but..." He was gasping for breath too as we got to Plum street ...just one more to go. We had resumed our morning run today, before school starts on Wednesday and Cross-Country begins next week.

The end of summer drowned me in regret. Friends had rearranged my priorities. It was just too beautiful a summer ...so I went to the lake almost every day to swim. Hey! I'm 15 ...give me a break! I'll be back in shape soon, I'm sure of that. Baseball is my real passion anyway. Cross-Country just keeps me in shape in the fall.

"Holy Shit! The Turner house is sold." Mr. Turner was transferred to Chicago, so the house’s been for sale for two months, although they only moved a few weeks ago. They had a son and daughter, who were young, like 5 and 8. Gary continued, “Gee, I wonder who bought the house? I wonder if they have kids our age? I wonder if they have a cute daughter?” Did I tell you Gary talks non-stop? Well, he does.

"Jeez ...did you burn through every girl in the freshman class?" Last year Gary had a new gf every other day. I was wondering if he'd settle down a bit more in our upcoming sophomore year ...but I could see that look in his eyes ...hehe. Anyway, we approached the moving van and Gary ran right up to the cab.

He asked the driver: who was moving in? and did they have any kids? and how old were they? and could it please be a girl? (Even I gasped at that string of words!) The van driver chuckled. “Sorry kid, me and Art here just picked up the trailer at the terminal. I’m supposed to meet a Mrs. Messer this morning. That’s all I know except we're making double time for working today. I guess she's in a hurry.”

Gary turned to me. “Well, at least we know their name is Messer. If the van guy’s waiting for them, then we’ll probably find out the rest soon.”

"Hey Gary, I'm gonna go home to shower and I'll see you at your house later." I chuckled. “Maybe the Messers will be moved in this afternoon and you can have that new girl all broken in by the time we get back to school.” That got me a friendly punch in the shoulder. “Later dude!”

Both our families always get together for a Labor Day picnic. We only live 3 doors apart on Cherry St. Today it was going to be in the Galli’s back yard. My brother Tommy, Gary and I will probably spend the afternoon in the pool and our parents will solve the problems of the world or the NFL or whatever crap they like to talk about. My sister Liz always goes over to the Heven house cuz Suzie is her best friend and is also the sister of Nels who is one of our gang. Unfortunately, he has to stay there today, because they have other relatives coming who have kids - you know how that shit goes.

So after a few hours, the grill was fired up and we were all together but not in the pool yet. We were eating hot dogs and other crap first. Well they were eating crap. I don't eat crap. While we were eating is when my mother and his mother started talking about their high school boyfriends and that’s when I started to get uncomfortable, because they always end that frickin' conversation asking me when I’m gonna get a girlfriend! Talk about major awkward!

This is all worse because Gary was like The Romeo of 9th grade. As I already explained, he must’ve dated every freshman girl in the whole damn school. And even my little brother Tommy had a few girlfriends in 7th grade. My sister Liz has been dating the same guy since she was like 8. So what’s wrong with me? Nothing! I just haven’t been hit with the urge yet. I don’t know why. I like girls. Lots of them seem to like me for some strange reason--I’m mousy looking--but I just don’t get all hormoned-up like Gary. Maybe this year’s gonna be different. I mean I’m starting to worry too, but my mother keeps looking at me like I’m some kind of frickin' freak whenever the talk of girlfriends comes up. And it’s coming up TOO DAMNED MUCH!

By the way, our moms are old-fashioned “housewives” so they’re always home and gossiping about us kids. Our dads work in the same little manufacturing plant. They’re engineers or something. I don’t really keep track; it’s got nothing to do with me. As long as they don’t bug me, I don’t care if they manufacture Soylent Green! ...Yeah, I read books. Sorry.

I’m glad the Dads don’t seem to be concerned about me. They’re more upset with Syracuse football, since they both went to college there.

We live in Daleville, a little town in Central New York State on a Finger Lake; actually, not far from Syracuse. It's so small that you can walk everywhere. That’s great when you’re 15 and can’t drive yet. The lake isn’t far from our neighborhood. We live on Cherry and the rest of the gang lives one street over on Peach. BTW Plum is one street over the other way. We walked down to the lake nearly every day in the summer to swim. There’s also a falls nearby we can hike to. The rest of the area beyond Daleville is just farms, some lake cottages and lots of grapes. Wineries everywhere, which means NOTHING to me. I don’t like wine. Yuck!

Well, I just turned my back on the moms and jumped in the pool. I was SO not in the mood for their snide comments today! Hell, it's a holiday. Can't they give it a rest? Soon Gary and Tommy were with me and we horsed around the rest of the afternoon, only getting out for drinks and shit. So that was Labor Day for David: about as plain and boring as I am.

Nothing ever happens to me.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

'So that was Labor Day for David: about as plain and boring as I am.' David is far from boring - IMO.

 

What a terrific first chapter, David!! :) I agree with Coastguard; it's well written and it sounds like it's going to be fun to read. The chapter itself was pretty funny - especially the Author's Note at the beginning. I'm so confused; I don't know if the story is true or not. lol :D

 

Looking forward to the second chapter. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 08/09/2015 05:38 AM, Coastguard said:

I like this...a well written chapter that hints of a good story. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the encouragement Coastguard; I hope you'll continue to enjoy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 08/09/2015 10:55 AM, Lisa said:

'So that was Labor Day for David: about as plain and boring as I am.' David is far from boring - IMO.

 

What a terrific first chapter, David!! :) I agree with Coastguard; it's well written and it sounds like it's going to be fun to read. The chapter itself was pretty funny - especially the Author's Note at the beginning. I'm so confused; I don't know if the story is true or not. lol :D

 

Looking forward to the second chapter. :)

Aw ...thanks Lisa! I'll try not to disappoint.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Oh Wow!!! This chapter has already got me excited for the next chapter!!! :)
PS: A chapter for each day from Sept 1 to Dec 31? That is like 120 chapters... :great: This may turn out to be one of the longest stories on GA then :thumbup:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/06/2015 12:52 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Oh Wow!!! This chapter has already got me excited for the next chapter!!! :)

PS: A chapter for each day from Sept 1 to Dec 31? That is like 120 chapters... :great: This may turn out to be one of the longest stories on GA then :thumbup:

Hey Drew thanks for the cool comments ...I'm glad you discovered the story ...I'll try not to let it get tedious. I know that's a lot of chapters!! Posting about 2 a week, it'll take until ...hmmm let's see, 2024 to finish ...wait you're the math guy, I'll leave it to you ;)

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Cool first chapter. Looking forward to reading more. Happy there are a lot of chapters so I can do some binge reading :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/12/2015 02:28 PM, WolfM said:

Cool first chapter. Looking forward to reading more. Happy there are a lot of chapters so I can do some binge reading :)

Thanks for finding this Wolfman!

I hope you enjoy it.

 

Caution! Pace yourself. This story will have 122 chapters! (gasp)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/22/2015 02:41 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Interesting.. 122 chapters.. ok my friend... but it better be good!! The first one was...

 

tim

Thanks for finding it Tim!

 

I know it's a lot of chapters. I hope it keeps your interest!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Very interesting start, Skinny. 122 chapters... that sounds like an ordeal... no time to sleep... I find that Garys do talk a lot... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/26/2015 06:05 PM, Headstall said:

Very interesting start, Skinny. 122 chapters... that sounds like an ordeal... no time to sleep... I find that Garys do talk a lot... cheers... Gary...

Hey Gary, thanks for finding the story. It's a lot of chapters but at least it has a fixed end. I try to make it interesting and surprising (at times). But if you do stick with it, remember everything isn't always what it seems. ;)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..