Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,922 Words
  • 3,924 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 103. Week Fifteen Friday, December 12, 2014: Sigmund Seagull

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

 

- Albert Einstein

 

 

***

 

Randy

I woke up as confused as I was when I fell asleep. What the hell happened with David last night? I mean, after all the talk and plans about Twoey’s problem relationship, he completely opened up to me about actually falling in love with Twoey. There was no other way I could interpret it. Then he made out with me! Not that I’m complaining – he’s been my wet-dream since I first met him.

I felt cheap somehow. I felt like I betrayed someone. But who? Did I betray Alex? Can a boy cheat on a girl by kissing another boy? I didn’t even know if there were rules for this. Did I betray Twoey? But Twoey was not in a relationship with David, he was Erik’s boyfriend. And David was not in a relationship with Twoey, he only loved him. I could not even begin to fathom all that!

Where did that put me? What was I? Was I just a test kiss for David to see if he was gay? Is he even gay? The kiss certainly felt intense enough! Now this was beginning to drive me totally crazy. One thing was certain. I had to come out to Alex today.

I’m not a morning person, but whenever I did get out of the house early, I’d walk to school with Alex. So I was at her house, leaning against the front gate when she came down the porch steps.

“Look who’s up early today!”

“Yeah. I have to tell you something before we get to Marcia’s house.”

“OK.”

“I ...I’m gay Alex.”

She stopped, turned and gave me a sweet little kiss. “I’m glad you finally told me.”

“I know – stupid, huh? I knew you already had it figured out, and I knew it wouldn’t matter to you, but I just had a hard time saying it.”

“Because it’s the first time you said it ...right?”

“Well, yeah. The first time I actually said the words, but I accidentally told David I like boys. Incidentally, that made this easier for me. That, and the fact he threatened to beat me up if I didn’t tell you.”

She looked shocked. “He did?”

Hehe ...no, of course not. But he did encourage me to come out to you.”

“Yeah, I can see him doing that.”

“Also, all three of us have to meet on Monday, if possible, for a couple hours of serious talk.”

Alex’s eyebrows shot up, then she said, “This is about that Twoey problem, right?”

“Some of it. There’s more complexity though. He doesn’t want to go into it without all three of us together. Try to clear up some time Monday after school, OK?”

“Definitely.”

Alex looked worried. She looked even more worried when David didn’t show up for class today.

 

Chuck

Another Friday! This is becoming my favorite night of the week. This and a very promising Saturday with my new boyfriend – um, my first boyfriend ...hehe. So, a strange thing happened this morning. Ever since David picked me up off the floor that day, my life has completely turned around. That Jack kid, who used to bully us smaller freshmen, has actually become our friend and even protects us in a way. I say ‘in a way’ because he doesn’t like get in between us and a troublemaker, he just talks to the guy and walks him away from us. He’s done it several times now. Then the bully seems to calm down and get on with his own life. Maybe it’s because Jack is so big and strong. He also seems to be getting tons of bigger muscles. He’s almost becoming jack-off material ...OMG.

Well, what’s happened is the freshman floor has become much more pleasant. With the added confidence David and his gang and, of course Matty, have given me, I’m actually making friends up there. This morning, I was talking to this one new friend about the amazing sophomore who picked me up off the floor and made me eat lunch with him, when I decided they had to meet. So, when he closed his locker, I grabbed Donny’s arm and dragged him downstairs with me to David’s locker. David must have just arrived there himself, because he was trying to balance on his good foot against the neighboring locker while fishing stuff out of his backpack.

I helped prop him up to make it easier while greeting him. Any chance I ever get to touch him is like a little bonus, anyway. He quickly smiled at me and went back to sorting his stuff. When he was finally finished, he swung the backpack on his shoulder as I told him I wanted him to meet a new friend. When I stepped aside, Donny finally looked up from where his eyes were bashfully staring at his shoes and I could see a startled look on both their faces.

David said, “Hey ...didn’t Gary introduce us at the swim meet?”

“Yeah, I remember you David. I’m Donny. You probably don’t remember my name.”

“Oh, I remember you Donny Nelson. You’re a pretty good swimmer.”

“Thanks. I’m amazed you even remembered me.”

Well this certainly made me happy. My friends sorta knew each other, and they seem to like each other. I mean, what’s not to like about David? But it was super he seemed to like Donny too, and a freshman to boot. So I said, “Hey ...we guys ought to get together sometime. How about tomorrow afternoon?”

David frowned. “Sorry Chuck, I’m in Syracuse tomorrow.”

I looked at Donny and said, “Ironic. David was coming back from Syracuse the day he met me at the bus station and changed my life, by showing me I could spend time away from my hick home.” Anyway, we agreed to meet up some other time.

I was a little surprised David wasn’t in math this morning. And then he didn’t show up at lunch either. No one seemed to know why, or where he was. But my attention at lunch turned to Matty ...hehe. I began to devote all my time to anticipating a weekend romp with Matty and Mark and, most especially, with my boyfriend Curt.

Curt! My dick began leaking, just thinking about him!

 

David

I was amazed that I could even look at Donny without blushing when Chuck gave me that little surprise this morning. But I think I was chill. It was difficult because the morning wank started with a vision of Alex morphing into Twoey morphing into Randy and finally morphing into Donny who, naked again, pushed his cock into mine as I blasted onto the shower wall.

If I thought my conscious mind was confused, I guess that proved my fantasy mind was too!!

Except for seeing Donny in the flesh, if you’ll pardon the expression, I thought the morning was going well. It’s always a pleasant surprise to see Chuck before school and nothing upsetting happened on my walk to school, although I’ll admit I was still a little preoccupied about my talk with Randy last night. I kept thinking about him commenting on my ‘I can’t be gay’ statement. Then these dreams lately have involved Donny. Was I somehow drawn to Donny? I mean, I certainly took note of him when Gary introduced us. Although, it was nothing like the powerful effect Twoey had on me when we first met back in September.

But then I saw him again this morning and he did impress me. At least I got a chance to hear his voice when he talked a little. Again, all these thoughts were swirling around me during the short homeroom period. That’s when it began. It started with a little tremor, almost like a chill. The bell rang to end homeroom, which in our school is like a buzzer. With the buzzing and tremor I began to feel a pressure behind my eyes. I rose from my desk to leave homeroom, but a blinding pain forced me to fall right back down into my seat. For a moment, I was in a fog. I didn’t know where I was. Thankfully, that feeling passed almost immediately. I got up again and headed out into the hall. I could see the front doors of the school and experienced a desperate need to get outside. I hurried to my locker, or as fast as I could with my gimpy leg, and put on my coat. Most of my books were already in my backpack, so I threw it over my shoulder and left the building right away. I couldn’t stay in there for another minute.

I took a deep breath and felt a little better, as the cool, crisp air filled my lungs. I didn’t want to go home and inside again, so I headed for the lake, my lake. It was cool, but the sun felt good on my skin. I don’t know if it was because the walk took more work, with my bum leg, but I even worked up a little sweat. I walked down to the little pavilion area where people picnic, band concerts are given and both Fourth of July and New Year’s Eve fireworks are staged. I wondered if I would still be around to see those fireworks this year. I almost wasn’t because of Burch, and now there was Danny’s ‘time is running out’ warning.

I noticed a gull perched atop one of the light standards at the shore. No one was around, so I decided to speak to him. He was looking at me anyway, probably wondering why I was there and not in school this morning.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:13444]

“I’m David. Do you have a name?”

He didn’t answer, but turned his head to look the other way. He probably thought by ignoring me – his little problem – I’d go away.

“Surprise, Mr. Gull! I’m still here. Your issues don’t go away by ignoring them. I hope you’re a good listener because this little issue of yours has a long story to tell you. I’m not sure you gulls give yourselves names, so I’ll give you one. Sigmund. Your name is Sigmund Seagull and you are my new therapist. You know, Sigmund, I’m starting quite a collection of therapists. First there was Ginny, who helped me realize I was in love with her son. She also showed me how to cook. She made me understand you didn’t need to follow a strict set of rules; that it was sometimes necessary to improvise. I guess that applies to life too. And then there was Dr. Snowbridge, who turned out to be Ginny in disguise. She taught me that you shouldn’t be too close to a problem if you want to solve it, and so she gave me away to Dr. Keating.

“Dr. Keating showed me that if you confess your sins, you can feel better. I did a lot of emotional vomiting on his rug. I did feel better at the time, but it didn’t last. I guess, with his kind of therapy, you need to visit regularly. And so next week, I’m back in his web. I guess I’ll need to be there for the rest of my life if I want to feel better. Then I found Randy. Randy was a new kind of therapist. First, he was gay. Second, he told me what to do. None of my other therapists ever told me what to do. But Randy also made understand why. Third, he kisses really well. I guess that makes him a little unique in the therapy department. Of course, he only gave me two kisses. Something tells me I’m going to get more of them though.

“And that brings me to you, Sigmund.”

At this point, Sigmund swiveled his head back toward me. I guess he recognized his name.

“You’re a really good listener. I guess it comes with your religion of therapism, or something. Randy pointed out that I always say ‘I can’t be gay.’ Do you know why I say that? Could that other religion, the so-called religion I was exposed to, have had anything to do with it? I know they were full of shit, but is it possible to be indoctrinated, even if you know what they’re feeding you isn’t true? When doing my religiosity research, I stumbled across some article that actually said something like that. That if you keep teaching children something, they will forever believe it, even if only subconsciously. I guess that’s why they like church-school for kids. It seems a long time ago, Catholics couldn’t eat meat on Fridays. It was a big sin or something. So anyway, this article said that even though they can today, that these old people, who were children when they were indoctrinated, still feel guilty if they do it. Many still never eat met on Friday. Is that what happened to me? Is that why I have this barrier, this wall, this road-sign that says, ‘do not trespass – you can’t be gay?’ If that’s the case, how can I ever live with myself? Ever. Am I now defective? Am I a ruined person? Is it time to crumple me up and throw me away? Is that what Danny is telling me? In the end, does Enos Johnson actually win?”

At that point, Sigmund squawked and flew away.

He probably thought I might be gay and decided to stay clear of me. I turned and walked back toward home. Deciding to take the route up Peach Street, I stopped at Danny’s empty house. I wondered why Clotho chose this house to be Josiah Coulton’s base of operations. Will her sister, Lachesis, be the one to determine my fate? I said a quiet prayer for Danny’s troubled soul. Yes, I prayed. I prayed that he be released from the clutches of Thanatos and delivered into the arms of Hypnos so that he could achieve rest and stop haunting me. I walked up and touched the railing of his porch.

Continuing down Peach, I touched the railing of Sam’s house, then walked a few doors down to touch the railing of Nels’s house. On my street, I touched Gary’s railing. I had symbolically united the gang. Would it be for the last time? I didn’t know. What I did realize was my future was now subtly out of my control.

Aunt Sarah wasn’t home so I didn’t need to explain about getting a headache and fleeing from school. I was surprised to see it was nearly noon. I thought about making a sandwich, but decided I needed a warming shower instead. I stood under the hot water for a long time, growing increasingly sad. Sad my life was about to change again. I wondered how many times a life could change before it wasn’t your life anymore. Sad I would probably lose some friends; maybe some close ones. I wondered how a person went about making new friends when he was as old as I was, at fifteen. Sad my family would no longer look at me in the same way. I wondered how foreign I would feel around my brother if he only pretended to like me. Next week, the ship, David, would be sailing into the territorial waters of Terra Incognita.

After the shower, I went to my room and took a long nap. When I woke up, it was 3:00 and found me ready for Demian, chapter 6. I was right, I had to skim through chapter 5 again first, it had been so long.

Well, it took me over an hour and a half to finish chapter 6, only because I needed to re-read sections and think about them. I had to keep from trying to place myself into the novel. I mean, this was written 100 years ago. It couldn’t be about me, except as an example of ideas for me to consider.

It was a little freaky when Sinclair’s painting kept morphing in a way similar to my wanking fantasy this morning. But the real thrust of the chapter, I think, was that Sinclair had outgrown his mentor. He was now further along in his quest for finding who he was, but not far enough to help others. That poor student, Knauer, wanted Sinclair to be his mentor, but Sinclair wasn’t ready for that role, even though he saved Knauer from committing suicide. So, by the end of the chapter, Sinclair had no mentor, was afraid to contact Demian and was truly alone.

All this, of course, got me thinking. I was also sort of on a quest to discover my true self – the self who was hiding behind those walls Danny mentioned. Like Sinclair, did I have to be truly alone to find out who I really was? Danny told me how important that would be for me. Finding out who I was, that is, not being alone. After this Syracuse trip, I knew I would need to visit Danny again. Hopefully, on Sunday.

What would it take for me to become truly alone? Did I need to free myself from my friends? From my family? From my life? Is that why all this was happening to me?

Was that the only way to find out who you really were?

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Forward, ho! Well, we can be happy Randy finally told Alex and glad that he had the decency to at least contemplate the morality of kissing David. David is so confused that the possibility that it was cheating on Alex was completely off his radar - he was so focused on his own intent. Today we see David getting more and more caught up in his inner world. The teenage years are a difficult time and those internal crises that we tend to avoid sharing are truly troublesome. That feeling of needing to run away, to be alone and just change everything can be strong - and to the point of suicide in some people. The act of sharing his feelings with an animal that cannot talk back is common, and for better or worse tends to only reinforce the thought pattern of the contemplated. The Alex-Twoey-Randy-Donny thing is interesting since he seems to be on the verge of coming to terms with that facet of himself. What will happens when he opens the safe box with the fish I wonder? I am finding it a bit curious that David's friends really aren't keeping better tabs on him considering the recovery time he just got back from and is still proceeding with. Gary? Sam? Bueller?

 

Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens in Syracuse. Alex is the one I'm curious about, since she may finally be catching on to something. Whatever happens with Mike, it is going to be an interesting ride.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What I found really interesting about the chapter was how David was monologuing with his new seagull therapist. David seems to understand what he has to do, or at least he can tell a bird what he's supposed to do. It'll be interesting for me to see if he actually follows through with any of what he said to the seagull.
I can appreciate where David is coming from. His life has been completely flipped around so many times over the last fifteen weeks, I can see where he'd start to feel like things are totally out of his control. This isn't healthy though. He seems like he's on the verge of a total mental collapse. His friends should have thought to ask what was going on when David didn't show up for class, that's a huge red flag for someone who enjoys being there so much, but it doesn't look like anyone bothered to check in on him. That's worrying.
Looking forward to Syracuse, road trips are always a fun time! Also, always lots of excitement and drama.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm glad that David isn't neglecting his morning shower activity, even though the object of his fantasy is morphing from one person to another, female to male. But skipping that morning ritual would be a serious omission and an indication of a mind more troubled than even David's is right now. Unfortunately, he is resorting to trying to work this thing out on his own when he should be sharing his thoughts with others, especially Randy, Alex, Ginny and, of course, Dr. Keating. Perhaps the seagull's short absence was to go and let someone know where David wound up. He certainly needs help right now.

 

We don't know how his friends at school reacted to his absence - we haven't heard from most of them yet; we do know that Alex is worried, and I'm sure that Randy is too.

 

Will Donny figure in more than David's dreams and morning showers? Have to wait and see! Things are moving along quickly now, but in which direction??! Thanks for another good chapter, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This made me cry: "I wondered how foreign I would feel around my brother if he only pretended to like me." Brilliant insightful writing, as always.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

David begins to interview himself, through Sigmund the Seagull. A very good monologue it was, too. Of course, there are plenty of unanswered questions. Reading Demian can't put them right, either. How sad he is that Tommy wouldn't really love him, yet so many people have this fear. The real fear I have is that there is still a malevolence out there waiting for him, waiting to hurt him.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Seemed a little short, but maybe that was due to no real bits with Alex? :) The next chapter will be very long, at least subjectively since she'll be all over it.
So David thinks there'll be more kissing with Randy? He seems to be at least looking at the prospect of being gay, rather than denying it...but it's going to take a big meltdown for him to break through the mental blocks he put up to get Burch out of his head--I think it's memories of that pedophile rather than religious indoctrination at fault here. The recurring fishes seem to indicate the worst trauma may have happened in the bath, a pool or the lake.
I liked him naming the gull Sigmund--shows his perverse humor is still intact--perhaps a touch of Johnathan Livingston Seagull hear?
I don't think David's friends noticed his absence yet, ism't it just past school ending now? Sam at least ought to be inquiring. I would have dismissed David's worries about Timmy not liking him if he's gay...but Tommy has shown he is far more accepting of the straight David over the potential gay one. He's slipped in my eyes since that revelation some chapters back. I hope it's only appearance rather than fact, since Tommy has been the only real family David has on an emotional level.
If there's anyway to keep Alex' parts in Syracuse short, go for it, my friend! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Does David purposely procrastinate his meditation? It seemed like even after his "interview" he had plenty of time to do just that since he skipped school, but instead just slept and read. I, like lux, wonder why his friends aren't more concerned about the disappearing act. To my reasoning, the last time he did that, something awful ended up happening from which he's still recovering. You'd think at least Gary would call or send a text to check on him. Also why does Donny suddenly keep popping up? Is he significant, or just a pretty face for David to enjoy?

 

I will say that his inner musings have me worried, that was very nearly a suicidal thought he had at the end. Would Tommy's feelings change if he found out David is gay? David is near a breakthrough, but also a breakdown as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/12/2016 07:01 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Forward, ho! Well, we can be happy Randy finally told Alex and glad that he had the decency to at least contemplate the morality of kissing David. David is so confused that the possibility that it was cheating on Alex was completely off his radar - he was so focused on his own intent. Today we see David getting more and more caught up in his inner world. The teenage years are a difficult time and those internal crises that we tend to avoid sharing are truly troublesome. That feeling of needing to run away, to be alone and just change everything can be strong - and to the point of suicide in some people. The act of sharing his feelings with an animal that cannot talk back is common, and for better or worse tends to only reinforce the thought pattern of the contemplated. The Alex-Twoey-Randy-Donny thing is interesting since he seems to be on the verge of coming to terms with that facet of himself. What will happens when he opens the safe box with the fish I wonder? I am finding it a bit curious that David's friends really aren't keeping better tabs on him considering the recovery time he just got back from and is still proceeding with. Gary? Sam? Bueller?

 

Great chapter, can't wait to see what happens in Syracuse. Alex is the one I'm curious about, since she may finally be catching on to something. Whatever happens with Mike, it is going to be an interesting ride.

Thanks lux!

 

I waited to reply to the reviews of this chapter until 104 was posted. As you can see, his friends DID, in fact, contact David, to his utter annoyance--again, as you noted, reinforcing his leaning toward isolation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/12/2016 08:22 AM, Hunter Thomson said:

What I found really interesting about the chapter was how David was monologuing with his new seagull therapist. David seems to understand what he has to do, or at least he can tell a bird what he's supposed to do. It'll be interesting for me to see if he actually follows through with any of what he said to the seagull.

I can appreciate where David is coming from. His life has been completely flipped around so many times over the last fifteen weeks, I can see where he'd start to feel like things are totally out of his control. This isn't healthy though. He seems like he's on the verge of a total mental collapse. His friends should have thought to ask what was going on when David didn't show up for class, that's a huge red flag for someone who enjoys being there so much, but it doesn't look like anyone bothered to check in on him. That's worrying.

Looking forward to Syracuse, road trips are always a fun time! Also, always lots of excitement and drama.

Thanks Hunter,

 

Probably the only thing keeping David from reality, right now, is that little hidden nugget involving Burch and the young David. Much as he understands what he has to do, that is acting as a distorting lens for his entire outlook.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/12/2016 08:55 AM, jess30519 said:

I'm glad that David isn't neglecting his morning shower activity, even though the object of his fantasy is morphing from one person to another, female to male. But skipping that morning ritual would be a serious omission and an indication of a mind more troubled than even David's is right now. Unfortunately, he is resorting to trying to work this thing out on his own when he should be sharing his thoughts with others, especially Randy, Alex, Ginny and, of course, Dr. Keating. Perhaps the seagull's short absence was to go and let someone know where David wound up. He certainly needs help right now.

 

We don't know how his friends at school reacted to his absence - we haven't heard from most of them yet; we do know that Alex is worried, and I'm sure that Randy is too.

 

Will Donny figure in more than David's dreams and morning showers? Have to wait and see! Things are moving along quickly now, but in which direction??! Thanks for another good chapter, Skinny!

Thanks jess!

 

Of course David resorts to working it out on his own, did you expect any different? ;)

 

By now you know how his friends reacted and it pissed him off big time.

 

Donny graces us, and David, in 105--literally and figuratively. :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/12/2016 08:56 AM, mg777 said:

This made me cry: "I wondered how foreign I would feel around my brother if he only pretended to like me." Brilliant insightful writing, as always.

Thanks mg!

 

David's concern about his brother does, in fact, affect critical moments of the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/12/2016 01:43 PM, Parker Owens said:

David begins to interview himself, through Sigmund the Seagull. A very good monologue it was, too. Of course, there are plenty of unanswered questions. Reading Demian can't put them right, either. How sad he is that Tommy wouldn't really love him, yet so many people have this fear. The real fear I have is that there is still a malevolence out there waiting for him, waiting to hurt him.

Thanks Parker!

 

Yes, David seems adept at expressing himself to non-humans. Birds, lakes and those citizens of Meditania. :)

 

Tommy is never far from his thoughts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/12/2016 02:56 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Seemed a little short, but maybe that was due to no real bits with Alex? :) The next chapter will be very long, at least subjectively since she'll be all over it.

So David thinks there'll be more kissing with Randy? He seems to be at least looking at the prospect of being gay, rather than denying it...but it's going to take a big meltdown for him to break through the mental blocks he put up to get Burch out of his head--I think it's memories of that pedophile rather than religious indoctrination at fault here. The recurring fishes seem to indicate the worst trauma may have happened in the bath, a pool or the lake.

I liked him naming the gull Sigmund--shows his perverse humor is still intact--perhaps a touch of Johnathan Livingston Seagull hear?

I don't think David's friends noticed his absence yet, ism't it just past school ending now? Sam at least ought to be inquiring. I would have dismissed David's worries about Timmy not liking him if he's gay...but Tommy has shown he is far more accepting of the straight David over the potential gay one. He's slipped in my eyes since that revelation some chapters back. I hope it's only appearance rather than fact, since Tommy has been the only real family David has on an emotional level.

If there's anyway to keep Alex' parts in Syracuse short, go for it, my friend! :)

Thanks CG!

 

It was about the normal length for "18 Weeks."

 

You're right about the real cause being Burch and not indoctrination, but David doesn't consciously know this yet. And you're right again that it will jolt him to his core when that happens. It is trying to break out though, hence the head pains.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/13/2016 09:35 PM, spikey582 said:

Does David purposely procrastinate his meditation? It seemed like even after his "interview" he had plenty of time to do just that since he skipped school, but instead just slept and read. I, like lux, wonder why his friends aren't more concerned about the disappearing act. To my reasoning, the last time he did that, something awful ended up happening from which he's still recovering. You'd think at least Gary would call or send a text to check on him. Also why does Donny suddenly keep popping up? Is he significant, or just a pretty face for David to enjoy?

 

I will say that his inner musings have me worried, that was very nearly a suicidal thought he had at the end. Would Tommy's feelings change if he found out David is gay? David is near a breakthrough, but also a breakdown as well.

Thanks spikey!

 

Yes. David (unconsciously) delays anything related to coming to grips with his underlying issue. He's pretty good at that. :)

 

By now you know his friends did reach out to him, and it made him angry they did. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad.

 

Donny will finally appear in the flesh, if you'll pardon the expression, in chapter 105.

 

I agree that David's musings are growing darker.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I feel so incredibly sad for David.. I hope he realises that he really doesn't have to be alone..
Only David would name the seagull Sigmund.. I mean really.. The 'talk' though, lets us see that David on some level gets what's going on. He knows who he is and what he has to do. Sometimes the distance between knowing and doing is so very wide. Plus there's the Burch mental block to overcome. Hopefully David finds his way before it's too late..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/20/2016 04:08 AM, Defiance19 said:

I feel so incredibly sad for David.. I hope he realises that he really doesn't have to be alone..

Only David would name the seagull Sigmund.. I mean really.. The 'talk' though, lets us see that David on some level gets what's going on. He knows who he is and what he has to do. Sometimes the distance between knowing and doing is so very wide. Plus there's the Burch mental block to overcome. Hopefully David finds his way before it's too late..

Thanks Def!

 

No, David is far from dumb. The cluelessness we've been joking about seems to be intrinsically tied to Burch trauma.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..