Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 3,498 Words
  • 4,956 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 121. Week Eighteen Tuesday Dec 30, 2014: Our Day

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

 

Stranger in a Strange Land - Robert Heinlein

 

 

***

 

 

“Today is our day.”

Those were the first words out of my mouth when Twoey opened his eyes. That is, right after my kiss.

“What should we do?”

“After I make you come this morning? Well, I expect we’ll take a shower. Then I’ll make us breakfast. We should probably call your mom again to check in with her. Maybe she’ll give me a chance to say a few words this time. I need to visit the Verizon store and replace my phone. I thought we might have lunch at Kory’s. That’s all the stuff I can think of. Unless you have some to-do items, I figured we would come back, maybe watch a movie and sort of stay in each other’s arms the rest of the day and night.”

Twoey smiled. “That sounds perfect to me. Don’t you want to call your father and fill him in on all the news?”

“Not a chance!”

“Angel? Is this where I have to stop coddling you? You have to tell them before they come home. They’ll find out anyway.”

“As soon as my new phone is activated I’ll call my Grampa. He can tell them. I hope our mom is ready for me. It’ll probably take ten years of her intensive therapy to make me understand my old family and accept them back.”

Twoey kissed me. “You’ll make it work.”

“For you, I’ll make it work. I love you, Peaches. We are forever.”

That thought always filled me with tears of happiness. Then I began thinking about last night. I realized my second-ever attempt at sex probably fell far short of what Twoey was used to. I tried to fight the thought. Hell, this was just going back to all that internal over-thinking that got me so screwed up in the first place. I needed to live life as it came along.

He must have sensed my mood change. “What’s wrong?”

“I was hoping you would understand the need to be patient with me about sex. I’m sure I disappointed you last night. But I’ll get better, I promise.”

“Are you nuts? That was the most wonderful lovemaking I’ve ever experienced.”

“C’mon. You can’t convince me Erik wasn’t better and lots more polished than me. But I’ll learn.”

“Angel, Erik fucked me. You made love to me. You even made me come while you were making love to me. That never happened with Erik. I thought I was having wonderful sex with him, but only one night with you changed all that. And stop all your damned thinking! I don’t want you thinking anymore. If you have a concern, discuss it with me. That’s what I’m here for. Don’t do all that introspection crap. I’m gonna be open and honest with you and you have to be the same with me. That’s what’ll make our love grow. We need to be each other’s strength!”

I had noticed we seemed to be totally in tune last night. One thing intrigued me though. Twoey had clearly enjoyed me being in him; I could sense it. And Donny seemed to enjoyed himself too when I was in him. It made me want Twoey to be in me. I determined I would ask him tonight. I needed to feel whatever it was he was feeling. A nibble on my ear and a sly smile made me stop all that ‘damned thinking.’ I returned the smile with one of my own, and then a hug, and then a squeeze and then a little giggle-filled wrestling match on the bed. Eventually, we did get up, showered and I made us breakfast. Um, yeah – we did something in the shower. Look, I’m not gonna tell you guys everything!

So live with it.

We ate, dressed and then it was off to Verizon. Luckily, my bank account was still fat, and after the nice salesgirl downloaded all my contacts from the cloud, I was back in business. We headed to Timmy’s where, over Café Mocha, I called Ginny.

“Good morning! It’s David. I just activated my new phone and thought we’d check in.”

“Thank you, Honey. You’re so considerate! Is my inconsiderate son nearby?”

“Aw, go easy on him Mom. He’s been through a lot lately.”

“Mom?”

“You don’t mind, do you? I figured you needed a second son.” I could hear her laughing.

“I have a feeling I gained a second son whether I wanted him or not.”

“I’m afraid you’re stuck with me.”

“David –Son – I’ve been thinking. If you really want me to help you with therapy, I believe we should cancel the Syracuse clinic for a while. I’d like to work with you first. We can always reschedule the clinic if we find it necessary. What do you think?”

“I think you just made this happy day even happier.”

“Good. Is my other son there?”

“Of course …hehe. You didn’t think I’d let him get out of reach, did you? We’re in Tim Horton’s right now.”

“Alright, I won’t intrude on your little coffee date. just tell him I’ll be home Friday.”

“Bye, Mom”

Twoey yelled, “Bye, Mom!”

“Goodbye, you brats.”

Disconnecting, I turned to Twoey. “That went well. I’ve got a new mother and a new therapist and she’s cancelling the Syracuse clinic!”

“Are you going to live with us?”

“I don’t know. I’d love to, but I have a feeling it won’t be possible.”

“It’ll be lonely sleeping without your arms around me.”

“I know. Do you think we did too much, too fast?”

“Do you mean spoil ourselves?”

“Yeah, something like that.”

“Maybe. What would you have changed?”

“Nothing.”

“Me either.”

“Good. We’ll survive whatever we have to do.”

“Absolutely.” And then my Peaches gave me the smile which always melted my heart.

For the next five minutes, we sipped a little, smiled a little and giggled a little. Then Twoey squeezed in next to me and lifted his phone.

“Smile!” But I kissed his cheek instead, as he snapped the selfie. “I’m sending it to Mom and Mike.”

With that, I gathered that we were now a public item. Then I got a guilty feeling.

“I need to make another call.”

“Your family?”

“Sort of.” I found his icon and punched it.

“David?”

“Yeah, Tommy. I got a new phone. Where are you?”

“At Barbara’s. Where are you?”

“I’m at Timmy’s with Twoey. We’re boyfriends now, I thought you should know.”

“Are you happy?”

“The happiest.”

“Then I’m happy.”

“You don’t mind having a gay brother?”

“I have a brother, who I love, who happens to be gay. Does that answer your question?”

“I love you too.”

“Stay right there.”

“Why?”

“Barbara and I will be right over.”

“OK. See you soon.” I disconnected and turned back to Twoey.

“We’re going to have company. Tommy and his girlfriend, Barbara.”

“That’s Donny’s sister?”

“Yep.”

“Did she know about you and Donny?”

“No, just that we were friends.”

While we were waiting, it was my turn to take a selfie – ten, in fact. No, I wasn’t being weird! I was only hoping one would capture his eyes perfectly.

Soon Tommy and Barbara came in and sat opposite us. Twoey took their order and went to the counter. He couldn’t fool me though; he was giving Tommy and me a little bonding space. My boyfriend amazes me more every minute!

“So, are you and Barbara official?”

Tommy blushed. “Yeah, show him.”

Barbara held out her arm and I could see a delicately thin silver bracelet gracing her wrist. Tommy beamed with pride.

“That’s beautiful, Barbara. If you have any trouble with my brother, just let me know, I’ll straighten him out.”

“Hey! I’m straighter than you!”

That was the moment Twoey rejoined us carrying a tray with four mugs of cocoa.

Tommy was quick to add, “I’m really happy for you David. I think you and Twoey were sort of made for each other. I always had that little inkling.”

Then Barbara surprised me. “Isn’t it interesting how we each have a gay brother?”

I couldn’t resist. “Pauley’s gay?”

She studied me for a minute trying to figure out if I really didn’t know. I think a hint of a smile gave me away.

“Oh, you’re bad, David. How long have you known Donny was gay?”

“About a couple of weeks.”

“Well, he came out to the family over dinner last night. Although I’m pretty sure Mom and Dad already knew. I think he just did it that way for Pauley and me.”

I looked at my brother. “Were you there?”

“Oh, yes. It was no surprise to me though.”

“No?”

“Nah. I saw the way he looked at you in church.” He turned toward my boyfriend. “You don’t have to worry though, Twoey.”

“Oh? Sounds like I do.” But Twoey had that peachy smile.

“Nope. Donny has a boyfriend too.”

That caught me by surprise. But all of a sudden things started to connect in my mind and I began hoping beyond hope. “Do you know his name?”

“Yeah, some kid from outside town by the lake. I think his name is Chuck.”

Barbara added that Chuck came over yesterday evening and stayed the night. Then his mother picked them both up this morning and Donny was spending all of today there. Then tomorrow Donny and Chuck were returning here to take in the New Year’s Eve festivities by the lake.

Twoey looked a little blank. “There are New Year’s Eve festivities by the lake?”

Turning, I explained. “That’s right, you wouldn’t know! Probably half the town gathers in the park and there are some random little fireworks from time to time. But at midnight, they really set off a huge display that looks really cool reflected in the lake. It’s pretty nice. They have a little portable PA system installed to play music. The mayor usually does the countdown to midnight. It’s neat. We have to go!”

“Of course we’re going!”

I let Twoey make that plan …hehe.

We stayed for another half-hour or so and then went our separate ways, promising to look for each other tomorrow night.

I turned back to my boyfriend. “Lunch at Kory’s?”

“Absolutely. It’ll be the perfect time to call your Grandfather.”

“Peaches, are you going to turn into a nag?”

“You bet your sweet ass I am. I’m even going to call Alex to get the best badgering advice.”

“Oh Frigg! What have you gotten me into?”

“Who’s Frigg?”

I chuckled. “The Goddess who has it in for me.”

Thank Forseti, by then we were at Kory’s. As we entered, I was twice blest. Sam and Deena waved us over to their table. Twoey gave me a steely gaze. “Don’t think I’m going to forget. You’ll call him from my house.”

Poor Twoey didn’t realize how much work he had cut out for himself …hehe.

It was Deena’s turn to say we were the perfect couple. But I answered. “Don’t sell yourselves short. I think you and Sam fit perfectly.” I could see Sam nodding in agreement. We all had lunch together. Deena and Sam pigged out on burgers, fries and Cherry Dr. Pepper while Twoey and I had chicken sandwiches and water. Deena kept smirking.

Finally I couldn’t take it any longer. “What?”

“You two are SO perfect.” I simply moved my eyes between them and their identical meals. Deena blushed. I didn’t need to say a word.

Anyway, it was a fun detour from “our day” but we were soon heading for Twoey’s house.

After arriving, I was on the sofa fiddling with my phone but I could feel his eyes on me. I raised my hand. “I’m gonna do it. I just wanted to find the best picture of the bunch I took. I’ll send it to him and then explain.” I continued to flip back and forth until I found the one that best featured the green glint of his eyes and also where I didn’t look too bad. I began typing and sent it off to New York City.

< Grampa! This is me and my boyfriend Michael—whose nickname is Twoey. Isn’t he handsome? Yes I’m gay! Isn’t that great? Maybe you can tell my family. Love, David! >

“There! Mission accomplished.” I showed the screen to Twoey.

“Handsome, huh?”

I guess that was what earned me the kiss that followed. I ended it, but only temporarily. “Let’s get comfortable.”

We went into the bedroom and shed our clothes, returning in those basketball shorts. Twoey got a fire going in the fireplace as I dug around for a movie to watch. Soon we were lying, spooned on the sofa, with my arms around the boy I loved. I nuzzled into the back of his neck and thanked all the Gods that I was here with him and not sitting on Danny’s lap. I thanked them for my friends and especially for Alex and Ricky. That was the last thought I had before he distracted me by wiggling that cute butt, awakening and then entrapping my now-alert body part.

Spinning around in my arms to face me, I discovered I wasn’t the only one aroused. Before long and before I could even put a coherent thought into my head – the one that sits on my shoulders – he was riding me. His hands were squeezing my nipples, then his lips were on mine. After that, I only have the memory of seeing Twoey lean back, arching his body, a look of total ecstasy on his face, his hands on my chest as he continued to slowly rise and fall atop me. I’m not certain how long that went on. I only know that I erupted when a splat his delicious peach nectar hit my face. That was followed by his body and then his lips against mine. Only the crackling of the fire told me I was still on Earth. During all that time, not a word was spoken.

It was in the ensuing shower that he proposed we get tested so we could make love without anything between us. It was during that same shower that I asked him to make love to me tonight.

“Angel, are you sure? It will hurt at first.”

I gently brushed a kiss over those lips I loved so much. “I’ve never been more certain of anything in my life. When I remember the look on your face, I know our love will grow even deeper.”

We returned to the living room, stoked the fire and restarted the movie, which was by that time rolling its final credits. This time we were good. Not that the other wasn’t good – superior, actually – but you know what I mean. By the time the movie was over, actually having been watched this time, it was about six and dark out.

I asked him. “Should we dress again and go to Applebee’s for something to eat?”

“Can’t you rustle-up something for us? I don’t feel like getting dressed.”

That was rewarded with another little kiss. “Let’s go see what we can find.”

Checking the refrigerator, nothing inspired me. I looked in the freezer and found chicken breasts, but put them in the fridge for tomorrow night. That’s when Twoey asked, “Do you remember how to make pesto?” He pointed to a large basil plant his mother had growing near the window.

“I think so. It wasn’t too complicated, and it’ll be perfect. A little pasta will hit the spot.”

I dug out the marble mortar, pinched off some basil, found a clove of garlic and then, from the fridge, grabbed a handful of pine nuts. That, some olive oil, cheese and butter and I was good to go. I directed Twoey to put up a pan of water and find whatever type of pasta he wanted while I began pounding everything into a paste. Within a half-hour we were eating Pesto Genovese on fettuccine. I had remembered! And just like the first time I ate this, way back when Ginny taught me how to make it, I had the vision of that Christopher ColumbusGuy enjoying it in his hometown of Genoa, all those centuries ago.

The rest of the evening we watched TV, always remaining in contact with each other. I realized there would come the day, probably next week, when we would not be able to somehow physically feel each other all the time. But I had pushed the thought away into the same place as the realization that someday the sun will die out too.

I even discovered Twoey had the NHL channel! We found the Canadiens playing the Panthers in Florida just as the second period was beginning. There was no score yet, so we watched the rest of a pretty good game. I could tell Twoey was a Montreal fan by the way his body tightened and reacted to the plays on the screen. When Brendan Gallagher scored for The Habs at near the end of the second period, I thought Twoey was going to pull me up will him as he jumped into the air! Later when, near the end of the third period, Nick Bjugstad scored for the Panthers, Twoey began yelling at the refs. I had never before seen this side of my boyfriend. He was totally engrossed in the game. The overtime produced no score and the game went to a shootout. Wow! Talk about tension! He was a bundle of nerves. Finally, on the fifth shot someone scored. Thank the Gods it was the old veteran, Parenteau who scored against Luongo of Florida to keep my boy happy. I quickly ducked out of his way when Tokarski made the save on Florida’s next shooter. Montreal had won.

At least I got a kiss out of it. If he was that much into a TV hockey game, I couldn’t wait to watch Twoey’s intensity on the soccer field this spring. I was hoping there wouldn’t be too many conflicts with my baseball games. I simply had to see him play! After the game, we decided to go to bed.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

I answered with a kiss.

“Well, I’ll need to prepare you a bit. It’ll be uncomfortable, but I’ll try not to hurt you too much. If it gets to be too much, let me know. I’ll stop. We can try this another time if you still want to.” And so he began to ‘prepare’ me. I could feel his love for me in how gentle he tried to be. I didn’t realize how long the preparing was going to take. It even started with a little enema in the bathroom. Later, on the bed, I could see Twoey trying to calm me and loosen me, as he put it. I’ll simply say that the entire ‘preparing’ operation was uncomfortable, but probably more because it felt so strange having someone working around in that part of my body than having any sharp pains. The pain came when he first entered me, but I think my Twoey must have done his preparation pretty well because that was the last time I felt really uncomfortable. Throughout the rest of our lovemaking, I fell even more under the spell of my boyfriend. Toward the end, he made me ride him like he did me earlier. This was the first time I actually had pleasant feelings from having him in me. Maybe it was because I could move my body to feel him hit that good spot I discovered inside me. When he started to jack me off, I realized he must have been close. He continued to piston up and down a little more after I came until he finally did too. After that, I realized a couple of things. First, I could feel us even closer now. The second thing was the realization that each time he’s in me in the future, I’m going to enjoy it even more. I also realized nothing could be better than that last thought.

We drifted off in each other’s arms but I woke up about an hour later. I never thought you could have a dream when you first fell asleep, but I had one. It was a dream of Danny. It was a simple dream, nothing like that complex thing with the eighteenth century clothes and duel at dawn that I had on Christmas morning. Danny was standing, surrounded by light. He spoke, but his voice sounded gentler and softer.

“Enjoy your love, David. You needed to suffer in order to discover yourself. But never forget, it was love that ultimately saved you. My love is now on you both and I’ll show it to you tomorrow.”

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Chonny! Tombra! Seena! Twovid! So much love. Very warm and romantic chapter, and I am glad that Twoey is showing that he will call David out on his shit, and Ginny's suggestion that they take some time for her to better understand David's state of mind, memories, worldview etc. before sending get him off to the clinic. It's maybe the most rational move the psych peogle in David's life have made since Ginny sent David away to Dr. Keating for ethical/attachment concerns. Too bad Keating wasn’t very helpful, but this story wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if David hadn't skipped out on seeing him early on. Looking forward to the next day, as always.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm so very intrigued by what Danny's cryptic little dream response was. The last will and testament of one Danny McCane?
Everything comes to an end soon. I'm glad that I stuck through this story, it was entirely worth it. So was this chapter, which was another bout of cavity-inducing sweetness.
Interesting that both boys are becoming more versatile. I like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm relieved at this chapter's events, SD. David has not regretted anything so far, and doesn't seem likely to, but I confess to having a stressful time when Twoey made love to David on their second night--I feared it might trigger some flashback to events with the horrible Mr. Birch.
I was a bit surprised that David's grandfather didn't call back after getting that picture, but perhaps David didn't add any explanatory text? The old man didn't strike me as someone who wouldn't react, so it's a 'puzzlement'. I hope he accepts David's gayness.
The final scene with Danny is soothingly sweet, but I admit I'm eager to see what those final words meant. :)

 

Awesome chapter my friend!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I too am surprised we didn't hear from David's grandfather at least before they went to bed (well to sleep I mean hehehe). I also agree that this chapter made all the other worth the roller coaster that you've put us on lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So basically, they could've been blissful like this the whole time if David had just gotten out of his own head sooner. But this story probably would have been much shorter were this the case. Though a lot of the circumstances against them have been removed now but were certainly there before. Well either way they've earned this, and now that they have the real thing I doubt anything else will much compare.

 

Anyway this chapter was great, and they're great together. You've also given me hope for what Twoey will do in the furure as far as fighting for David is concerned. This whole time, Twoey more so than anyone else has seemed to get what David does when he retreats into himself. Twoey just never seemed to act on this knowledge. But, that seems to have changed now. He's staying on top of David and not letting him do that. I liked that, and I think he'll handle David one if he can keep that up.

 

David isn't the only one who doesn't understand his family, outside of Tommy they might as well all be 3rd cousins. David comes out via text message and hears nothing from any of them. Not even his sister. He might as well go live with Twoey. Why wouldn't it be possible? I don't see David's family even caring. Would they have even cared if he'd committed suicide? Seriously I could see Tommy having massive trauma from that and then just being the next kid whose problems they ignore.

 

Anyway great chapter overall, David and Twoey together is wonderful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A warm and lovely chapter, full of the romance that should have been David and Twoey's from the start. You paint their loving vividly, but not in such lurid detail that either would be embarrassed. Well done, I say. Further well done is the slowly clearing outlook for David. You make it clear that he understands his road ahead will be rocky and long, which is real. But it is a path he can live with, as long as Twoey is there with him.

 

I agree with earlier comments about David's family. With the exception of Tommy, the Absent Family really could have packed up and moved to Beverly Hills and not made the slightest difference. Donny and Chuck together? That could be um...enthusiastic. David is lucky to have a team of good friends.

 

It is bittersweet to see this tale wind down, but David has been put through the wringer enough. At least the sun will set happily on Twoey and David, two boys very much in love. Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

If Twoey takes nagging lessons from Alex then he will have no problem keeping David from thinking too much and internalizing things. Although, he seems very capable of doing so all by himself. Of course, once they're back at school or if David doesn't wind up moving into Ginny's house, there will be times when David will be on his own and he will need to learn to share his thoughts and concerns with Twoey (and Ginny). He does appear to be aware of his worst tendencies, though, so there's hope.

 

Such a good thing that all of their circle of friends are supportive. That will be a big help at school, even if half the student population seems to be gay - there is still the other half to worry about. We can only imagine how things will work out with the baseball team next spring. Unless, of course, there will be a sequel... ;-)

 

Thanks for this lovely, warm and loving chapter, Skinny. Oh, and Yay Montreal! Go Canadiens! ;-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Aww Skinny, I forgive you for most of the past 18 weeks.. Because this, this is what we hoped for.

 

I like this Twoey. Protective, sure, and so good for our David. I love seeing David not afraid of himself and confident in his love for Twoey. I know they can handle the future. They have a great support system of mostly friends. And Ginny/Mom. Also glad that Donny has Chuck!
If David moves in with Ginny I hope there's room for Tommy. He can't be left to ruin..
I was surprised too, that Granpa didn't call right away.. What's up with that. Is he going to show up instead?

 

Danny was ever cryptic, but I'm only thinking good things..

 

Wonderful chapter SkinnyD...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/29/2016 01:55 PM, Lux Apollo said:

Chonny! Tombra! Seena! Twovid! So much love. Very warm and romantic chapter, and I am glad that Twoey is showing that he will call David out on his shit, and Ginny's suggestion that they take some time for her to better understand David's state of mind, memories, worldview etc. before sending get him off to the clinic. It's maybe the most rational move the psych peogle in David's life have made since Ginny sent David away to Dr. Keating for ethical/attachment concerns. Too bad Keating wasn’t very helpful, but this story wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if David hadn't skipped out on seeing him early on. Looking forward to the next day, as always.

Thanks, lux!

 

Haha--maybe I should have named the chapter, "Couples."

 

I agree that Ginny is starting off on the right foot. I think David was always a little scared of being sent away, although his father wasn't. ;)

 

Twoey's gonna be tough, no question about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/29/2016 02:00 PM, Hunter Thomson said:

I'm so very intrigued by what Danny's cryptic little dream response was. The last will and testament of one Danny McCane?

Everything comes to an end soon. I'm glad that I stuck through this story, it was entirely worth it. So was this chapter, which was another bout of cavity-inducing sweetness.

Interesting that both boys are becoming more versatile. I like that.

Thanks, Hunter!

 

Actually, everything comes to an end in the next chapter! And thanks for sticking with it. I realize it was a grind at times. That's a hell of a lot of chapters for a story. Maybe the next one I write will have like 2 chapters. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/29/2016 02:51 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I'm relieved at this chapter's events, SD. David has not regretted anything so far, and doesn't seem likely to, but I confess to having a stressful time when Twoey made love to David on their second night--I feared it might trigger some flashback to events with the horrible Mr. Birch.

I was a bit surprised that David's grandfather didn't call back after getting that picture, but perhaps David didn't add any explanatory text? The old man didn't strike me as someone who wouldn't react, so it's a 'puzzlement'. I hope he accepts David's gayness.

The final scene with Danny is soothingly sweet, but I admit I'm eager to see what those final words meant. :)

 

Awesome chapter my friend!

Thank you, CG!

 

Unfortunately, you were one of the first readers--before I discovered David's text, accompanying the picture, did not print. I know it might be difficult for your reader-software to find the exact spot, so I'll reproduce it here:

Grampa! This is me and my boyfriend Michael—whose nickname is Twoey. Isn’t he handsome? Yes I’m gay! Isn’t that great? Maybe you can tell my family. Love, David!

 

What I didn't realize, but know now, was that if you enclose text in certain symbols, it gets ignored by the editor. I guess it's used for authors to leave themselves notes. So I edited and changed the symbols, but you had already read the chapter. Sorry about that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/29/2016 06:57 PM, JayT said:

I too am surprised we didn't hear from David's grandfather at least before they went to bed (well to sleep I mean hehehe). I also agree that this chapter made all the other worth the roller coaster that you've put us on lol.

Thanks, jt!

 

I'm glad you thought it was all worth it. It WAS an awfully long and convoluted story. Just one final chapter left. Maybe we'll discover the "no call back" reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/29/2016 09:49 PM, spikey582 said:

So basically, they could've been blissful like this the whole time if David had just gotten out of his own head sooner. But this story probably would have been much shorter were this the case. Though a lot of the circumstances against them have been removed now but were certainly there before. Well either way they've earned this, and now that they have the real thing I doubt anything else will much compare.

 

Anyway this chapter was great, and they're great together. You've also given me hope for what Twoey will do in the furure as far as fighting for David is concerned. This whole time, Twoey more so than anyone else has seemed to get what David does when he retreats into himself. Twoey just never seemed to act on this knowledge. But, that seems to have changed now. He's staying on top of David and not letting him do that. I liked that, and I think he'll handle David one if he can keep that up.

 

David isn't the only one who doesn't understand his family, outside of Tommy they might as well all be 3rd cousins. David comes out via text message and hears nothing from any of them. Not even his sister. He might as well go live with Twoey. Why wouldn't it be possible? I don't see David's family even caring. Would they have even cared if he'd committed suicide? Seriously I could see Tommy having massive trauma from that and then just being the next kid whose problems they ignore.

 

Anyway great chapter overall, David and Twoey together is wonderful.

Thanks, spikey!

 

Yeah, three chapters of peaches and cream and then, "The End" would have been a boring story. :P

 

You're right in that Twoey always seemed to know about David's "thinking" episodes, even back to the time Twoey was in the hospital. The realization he has to sort of prevent it in the future is pretty insightful for Twoey and gives us hope for the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/29/2016 10:26 PM, Parker Owens said:

A warm and lovely chapter, full of the romance that should have been David and Twoey's from the start. You paint their loving vividly, but not in such lurid detail that either would be embarrassed. Well done, I say. Further well done is the slowly clearing outlook for David. You make it clear that he understands his road ahead will be rocky and long, which is real. But it is a path he can live with, as long as Twoey is there with him.

 

I agree with earlier comments about David's family. With the exception of Tommy, the Absent Family really could have packed up and moved to Beverly Hills and not made the slightest difference. Donny and Chuck together? That could be um...enthusiastic. David is lucky to have a team of good friends.

 

It is bittersweet to see this tale wind down, but David has been put through the wringer enough. At least the sun will set happily on Twoey and David, two boys very much in love. Thank you.

Thank you, Parker!

 

Thanks for your comment on their loving.

Like David said, "Look,I'm not gonna tell you everything!"

 

Donny and Chuck ALREADY seem to be enthusiastic!

 

One last chapter. Instead of a sunset, we get a fireworks display.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/30/2016 07:55 AM, jess30519 said:

If Twoey takes nagging lessons from Alex then he will have no problem keeping David from thinking too much and internalizing things. Although, he seems very capable of doing so all by himself. Of course, once they're back at school or if David doesn't wind up moving into Ginny's house, there will be times when David will be on his own and he will need to learn to share his thoughts and concerns with Twoey (and Ginny). He does appear to be aware of his worst tendencies, though, so there's hope.

 

Such a good thing that all of their circle of friends are supportive. That will be a big help at school, even if half the student population seems to be gay - there is still the other half to worry about. We can only imagine how things will work out with the baseball team next spring. Unless, of course, there will be a sequel... ;-)

 

Thanks for this lovely, warm and loving chapter, Skinny. Oh, and Yay Montreal! Go Canadiens! ;-)

Thanks, jess!

 

I think David's in trouble now that Twoey has himself zeroed in on David's "damned thinking."

Aw- come on, now. There have only been 10 gay kids, and that includes Danny. If the high school population were as small as 200, it would be normal. I'm sure the high school is much larger than that. But it doesn't really matter, it's only fiction. :)

 

No sequel!! Do you really hate me that much?!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/30/2016 10:31 AM, Defiance19 said:

Aww Skinny, I forgive you for most of the past 18 weeks.. Because this, this is what we hoped for.

 

I like this Twoey. Protective, sure, and so good for our David. I love seeing David not afraid of himself and confident in his love for Twoey. I know they can handle the future. They have a great support system of mostly friends. And Ginny/Mom. Also glad that Donny has Chuck!

If David moves in with Ginny I hope there's room for Tommy. He can't be left to ruin..

I was surprised too, that Granpa didn't call right away.. What's up with that. Is he going to show up instead?

 

Danny was ever cryptic, but I'm only thinking good things..

 

Wonderful chapter SkinnyD...

Thanks, Def!

 

And David thanks you for never giving up on him.

 

This new Twoey suddenly realizes he needs to be half of this romance, and he seems to be enjoying it as much as--peaches and cream!

 

Only one chapter left to endure. All the questions will be answered and all the plot strands revealed, just as Agatha Christie would have done--NOT!! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..