Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,273 Words
  • 4,260 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 35. Week Five Sunday, October 5, 2014: Mike’s Dollar

A force keeps us connected all the time.

I woke up with a smile on my face, I'm not sure why. Maybe it was the dance. Everything was perfect.

Gary and I talked about it, how nice it was, on our morning run.

“Mel and I are getting real close, David! I think this is it! She's the one! You know, we left during the dance, and snuck into the Swim Team supply room...”

I interrupted him, placing my hands over my ears, shouting, “LALALALALALALA! Too much information! I SO do NOT want to hear this!!!” We had a good laugh as the run ended.

I also didn’t want to kill his mood with my intention to possibly end this so-called relationship with Kathy. Although, I’m not sure what I want to do yet. I could keep treading water with her, I guess. I mean, I have nowhere else to go. She’ll probably get bored with me soon anyway. These things usually don’t last too long in 10th grade. She’s a nice enough girl. Aside from the fact I have no feelings for her and she’s not too sharp and I don’t get any vibes back from her, it’s no big deal to remain together for a bit. It’s like a marriage of convenience.

Holy Fuck! Did I use the word marriage in the same thought with Kathy? (shudder ) I’ve gotta control my wandering brain a little better.

Speaking of Kathy, I got a weird text from Martin this morning.

< watch your gf >

The only reason I ever get texts from Martin is for team meetings or schedules. I don’t even understand this one. I’ll have to ask him in bio Monday.

As much as I didn't want to, I forced myself to actually eat at this morning's 'family breakfast.' Thank Zeus it was normal bacon and eggs and waffles. The waffles were suspect though, since they came from a frozen package and were nuked. I gagged them down but didn't put any of her junk syrup on, using butter and jelly instead. Why can't we buy real maple syrup? Jeez, they make it all around us! We fucking live in maple syrup country!

Everybody went to church today. This time I decided to meditate. I would have preferred to cross my legs on the pew, but it woulda been too obvious, I guess, especially if I was naked ...hehe. I'm getting much better at the ability to quickly lower my brainwaves to a meditative state, and before very long I was completely alone in my center of being.

After a while I felt Twoey again, but he was happy. It made me happy. Our beings smiled on one another for such a long time. After this serene period, He 'told' me he was going to leave for a while to visit his mom. He 'told' me he was pleased I would be with him every day when he came home, and was going to hurry and get well enough to leave Intensive Care so I could come visit him. He 'told' me his mom would give me half a dollar. He faded away. I didn't understand why he thought I needed 50 cents, but I continued to enjoy myself in this happy place until I felt pain in my arm! The same pain repeated!

I was being pinched as I awakened in church. It was Tommy's mother. She hissed, “Wake up! Service is over!” I slipped out of the pew but only to find Pastor Enos Johnson waiting for me! The snake slithered along beside me as I walked down the aisle to leave this shitty place.

“You know David, the ONLY way to have your problems CUR-ED is to pray to our SAV-I-OR, Jesus Christ, for his FOR-GEE-VI-NESS! No mere man can cure a sickness of the mind! Only by begging HIS FOR-GEE-VI-NESS can you be freed from your DE-A-MONS!”

I felt myself tensing and clenching my fists.

I was right.

The fucking bitch told him I wanted to see a psychiatrist! I narrowed my eyes, giving him a good look over, sizing him up. He’s not very much of a man. I could beat the shit out of him right here and now. Put the fear of David in him ...end this crap forever.

Of course, reality took hold. Probably in the nick of time. You don’t know how close you came to the hospital you pig-fucking freak!

Tuning him out completely, I forced myself to center and slowly began to relax. I probably shouldn’t have bothered, but I needed to jab back. As I left the church I smiled and turned to him. “Do they teach you to speak with a phony Oklahoma accent in pastor school?” I calmly walked to the car and got in, waiting for the inevitable fallout. I tried to think up ways to answer Tommy’s mother without having to speak with her.

When we were all in and buckled, she swiveled around, her eyes flashed red. She started in on my disrespect and her embarrassment. As she was getting more and more wound up, I turned to Tommy and spoke in a loudish voice. “See Tommy, this is what happens when grown-ups gossip about you. Strangers, who know nothing about what's really going on, suddenly think they can get into your business. If your mother hadn't gossiped about our father's other son, none of this would have happened.” Liz squeezed her eyes shut.

There was now a deathly stillness in the car. Thankfully, it remained until we got home.

I realized my outburst only added another checkmark to the “crazy” column of her Let’s-fuck-David-list. But you know, every once in a while, a guy has to assert himself. I even felt a little healthier afterwards.

I went to my room and listened to music only emerging with some unfinished homework in time for my father's football games. When they were over I went back to my room until Tommy called me for dinner. I declined, hoping Twoey's mom would share some of her supper with me tonight. I can't wait until she teaches me to cook. At about 8:30 I told my father I had to visit someone in the neighborhood and would be home by 10 or 10:30. I think Tommy's mother was still gossiping on the phone, no doubt about me. It has now been a full week since I last spoke a single word directly to her.

At least Ginny was happy to see me. She had a lovely roast, beautifully rare with a béchamel sauce and fluffy rice with perfectly cooked asparagus spears, tender but firm to the bite. She told me Twoey seemed to be less tense today and she watched him dreaming this morning with a big smile on his face. She said he woke up yesterday afternoon with one too.

I said, “The pain killer must be giving him pleasant dreams. I guess it's better than giving him nightmares!”

We chuckled and she added, “His subconscious must be working overtime because he wrote the strangest thing on his new pad today.”

I was intrigued. “What did he write?”

“Well I asked him why he suddenly seemed to be happy and always woke up smiling. And he wrote: ‘David said’ on his pad.”

I gasped. “David said??”

“Yes, I asked him what he meant. He erased the pad and wrote: ‘watching over me’ and smiled.”

I sat there bewildered! No! ...more than bewildered, but I could see she was carefully watching me. I quickly said, “Oh Gosh, such an interesting thing to say. Maybe his dream?”

But I wasn't fooling her. Twoey said she was a witch and he could never get away with anything. She asked me what was wrong.

I shifted into my innocent voice. “Wrong?”

“David, STOP IT! You got a scared look on your face and I'll bet your hands are clammy.” She grabbed my hand and said, “See. Now spill!”

OMG she is a witch!

I spoke. “Alright, this is really creepy. But I sorta had a dream where I met Twoey and said something sorta similar. Can two people have the same dream?”

She interrupted me with “Oh by the way, he asked me to do him a favor.”

“Really?” I chuckled. “What, give me fifty cents? ”

She paused, got an funny look on her face, and said, “Yes, in fact, he wanted me to give you this half dollar.”

WHAT?

I was stunned as Ginny produced a torn dollar bill, not a fifty cent coin. “This was the other half of a dollar he and his best friend Mike tore when they were seven years old. They were each to keep one half forever to show they were always friends. If one returned it, they were no longer friends but the other would at least have a dollar. Mike returned it the day before we moved. It sent Michael into a fit of depression, but he kept it and now wants you to have it. How did you know?”

“I dreamed it too.” I stared at her. This was impossible!

She continued. “His mood changed for the better right after he woke up Friday morning.”

I realized it would have been right after my morning meditation. I was aware of his happiness today and he 'told' me about the half dollar before I had any idea what it even was.

“I'm sure your friendship is, in some way, helping give him a reason to live. I'm very grateful David! The doctors are happy with his improvement, except for his head pains, and once they go away he should be out of Intensive Care.”

Her gaze on me was, for lack of a better term, focused.

I smiled but remembered yesterday I told him I loved him! She must have picked up the change in my mood.

“David, what's wrong now?”

Shit, she’s good!

“Please promise me you will not tell Twoey anything at all about my similar dream. Please! you have to promise!!”

She looked a bit confused but gave me her promise.

I went home happy, with a full belly, with half a torn dollar bill and a little freaked out.

If it wasn’t a dream, maybe I’m not as crazy as I thought. Unfortunately, it might be worse than being crazy. Don’t forget, I told him I loved him.

While I was talking with Kathy tonight, she mentioned my little confrontation with the pig-fucker this morning. “What was that all about?”

“How did you even hear about it?”

“Terri told me.”

Terri's boyfriend is Ron Grady and his sister Rachel and her mother go to our church... HEY haven't you been paying attention? Anyway, I guess Tommy's mother isn't the only gossip around. This whole fucking town is a gossip wire!

“Oh it's no big deal. I fell asleep during his service and he was giving me shit about having demons or something.” I'm definitely not telling her about the psychiatrist.

Before bed, I framed Twoey’s torn dollar in an old empty CD jewel box and placed it on my desk.

Can Twoey read my mind? Is he some kind of wizard? I’m almost afraid to meditate anymore.

Twoey

I actually woke up early this morning. According to the nurse it was 8 o'clock and Mom wasn't here yet. I feel better after meeting David in my drug induced trance, or wherever it is I go. Of course he was probably a figment of my imagination, but I think if I continue to believe it actually is David, I'll heal faster, whatever's wrong with me. Then the shooting pain! I pushed the button and soon it eased and I was floating away...

I was alone again, but floating. After a while I could sense David with me. We didn't communicate, only enjoyed each other's happiness. And I knew. I absolutely knew. Danny's prediction. David was my other half. We would be together for life. I also felt something else. There would be some kind of test for both of us. In fact, it was going to be a horrible test! I would be required to fight for both of us so we could pass it. I had the feeling it was going to be completely up to me. If I got us through it, we would never be apart again, as Danny promised. This was an enveloping awareness with no beginning and no end, it simply was.

OMG ...My Other Half!! Immediately I knew what I had to do and I had to see Mom in order to get it done. I 'told' David I was leaving to see Mom, who would give him the half dollar of eternal friendship. The Other Half.

I woke up (how did I do that?) and Mom was at my side, holding my hand. “You're smiling again, pleasant dreams?”

I picked up the pad and wrote: “David said” and I couldn't think of any way to end the sentence.

Mom looked at me and asked, “What did he say?”

I wrote: “watching over me.”

She smiled and gently shook her head and said as long as it's what's making me happy she'll agree with me. I remembered the promise and quickly wrote: “give David Mike's half $” She looked a little surprised, but said she would. She told me he'll probably come over tonight. I got more shooting pains and pressed the button. I was between pain and floating for the rest of the day.

Why do I have these head pains?

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

No way. First again?
Twoey and David's connection seems to be strengthening. And the half dollar? Well, if that doesn't freak David out, what will? David's stomach may not be able to handle the rich food Ginny made. Roast with béchamel sauce? If David doesn't start eating more, she's going to have leftovers for a couple of weeks. Am wary of the last sentence - Twoey doesn't know what the pain in his head means? He's in for a huge shock; that, or there are more injuries the surgeons couldn't fix or didn't see. Either way, Twoey is in for a world of hurt.
Great chapter. Please post more soon! (insert puppy dog sad-face here).

  • Like 1
Link to comment

This chapter wasn't really sad but it made me teary. The pain in Twoey's head won't go away and it's worse. That can't be good. Are those the same pains David is experiencing? Maybe through the connection he will find out what's wrong? I wonder how long it will take David to try and reach Twoey again, now that he's freaked about the I love you..
I really can't stand Tommy's mother. So consumed by her faith, and I use that loosely, she can't see past her nose. I'm glad David has Twoey's mom, but as indifferent as David is trying to be, or being, there really is no substitute. Because of that, I hurt for him too.

 

If Kathy is playing the field and looking to trade in David, she will be doing him a favor, though he won't probably see it that way.

 

Great stuff SkinnyD, I'm ready for more..

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So Kathy is wanting to roam--good, let the tramp go. She cares more about herself than anyone else, and if David believes in anything beyond meditation, he should be able to see what she's really like. Now she's listening to the dick pastor--she can go screw the other jocks, leave David out of your web of deceit.
David, it's actually pretty simple: Twoey loves you, you don't have to label yourself as gay, just love him back as much as you can...you may find it a lot easier building the spiritual bond first, then the physical. Like the old Beatles' song says, Love is all you need.
I'm betting Twoey's pains are due to the memories of what happened at Danny's house trying to resurface...he's fighting it right now so he can heal and be stronger when the time comes.
One last thought, David--if you continue to deny your feelings, you are letting the dick-pastor and Tommy's mom win. We know you don't want that!
More please, skinny!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/12/2015 01:18 AM, Parker Owens said:

No way. First again?

Twoey and David's connection seems to be strengthening. And the half dollar? Well, if that doesn't freak David out, what will? David's stomach may not be able to handle the rich food Ginny made. Roast with béchamel sauce? If David doesn't start eating more, she's going to have leftovers for a couple of weeks. Am wary of the last sentence - Twoey doesn't know what the pain in his head means? He's in for a huge shock; that, or there are more injuries the surgeons couldn't fix or didn't see. Either way, Twoey is in for a world of hurt.

Great chapter. Please post more soon! (insert puppy dog sad-face here).

Thanks Parker!

You're right. Twoey's head pain somehow doesn't seem connected to the bullet wound.

Mike's dollar isn't done with the boys yet ...hehe.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/12/2015 04:31 AM, Defiance19 said:

This chapter wasn't really sad but it made me teary. The pain in Twoey's head won't go away and it's worse. That can't be good. Are those the same pains David is experiencing? Maybe through the connection he will find out what's wrong? I wonder how long it will take David to try and reach Twoey again, now that he's freaked about the I love you..

I really can't stand Tommy's mother. So consumed by her faith, and I use that loosely, she can't see past her nose. I'm glad David has Twoey's mom, but as indifferent as David is trying to be, or being, there really is no substitute. Because of that, I hurt for him too.

 

If Kathy is playing the field and looking to trade in David, she will be doing him a favor, though he won't probably see it that way.

 

Great stuff SkinnyD, I'm ready for more..

Thanks Defiance!

I guess we'll have to wait to see what Martin tells David face-to-face about Kathy.

Tommy's mother. We're all gonna dislike her even more!

The head pains are interesting, aren't they?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/12/2015 08:41 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

So Kathy is wanting to roam--good, let the tramp go. She cares more about herself than anyone else, and if David believes in anything beyond meditation, he should be able to see what she's really like. Now she's listening to the dick pastor--she can go screw the other jocks, leave David out of your web of deceit.

David, it's actually pretty simple: Twoey loves you, you don't have to label yourself as gay, just love him back as much as you can...you may find it a lot easier building the spiritual bond first, then the physical. Like the old Beatles' song says, Love is all you need.

I'm betting Twoey's pains are due to the memories of what happened at Danny's house trying to resurface...he's fighting it right now so he can heal and be stronger when the time comes.

One last thought, David--if you continue to deny your feelings, you are letting the dick-pastor and Tommy's mom win. We know you don't want that!

More please, skinny!!

Thanks for that CG!...although Kathy probably doesn't thank you :)

 

You know, you've sorta nailed it with your advice to David. But despite his desire NOT to be labelled (we'll see that even more later), he thinks admitting his feelings for Twoey will make him gay i.e.he gives himself a label! Ironic. He needs to get past that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I thought that was so special when Twoey wanted David to have Mike's half of the dollar. He should feel honored.

 

Why didn't David text Martin back? I'm dyin' to know what he meant. Kathy was probably flirting with him when they were dancing, maybe even making lewd suggestions! :lol: Maybe she's really a ho! :D

 

Tommy's mother (why isn't she Tommy AND Liz's mother?? lol), is despicable! She and Enos the Pastor should run away together. lol David's dad can do so much better!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/21/2015 09:24 AM, Lisa said:

I thought that was so special when Twoey wanted David to have Mike's half of the dollar. He should feel honored.

 

Why didn't David text Martin back? I'm dyin' to know what he meant. Kathy was probably flirting with him when they were dancing, maybe even making lewd suggestions! :lol: Maybe she's really a ho! :D

 

Tommy's mother (why isn't she Tommy AND Liz's mother?? lol), is despicable! She and Enos the Pastor should run away together. lol David's dad can do so much better!

Thanks for the review Lisa.

 

Twoey thinks he has everything mapped out between David and himself. The only snag, of course, is David.

What will it take to move him? Maybe somebody else, who is not as much of an emotional problem to him as is Twoey?

 

Martin will tell David Monday what he meant in the text, and it is mind boggling (sort of). ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I've liked too many chapters and ran out! :,(
Good chapter, but Twoey's premonitions. (Or, was it Danny who said it first?) Obviously, there's something coming that will test Twoey and David's foreverness. A horrible test? What could be so horrible as to be outed to an entire high school? Unfortunately, that's about as horrible as I can come up with. Will have to wait and see.
It's nice to see David stand up to Pastor Enos, but a good thing he didn't hit him, though it certainly might have helped see there was something troubling the boy.
Kathy? Well, since David is planning on dumping her, why should he worry if she's trying to get back in Cal's pants? :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

i'm thoroughly enjoying this, the little parts which are Twoey's perspective are really well done.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..