Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,280 Words
  • 4,056 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 37. Week Six Tuesday October 7, 2014: Straight Things

“David, what's going on with you and Kathy?”

“Not much. Things have been quiet.”

“Have you had a fight?”

“No ...nothing like that. I'm still trying to cope with losing Danny. I'll make an effort to talk to her more now.”

“I’ve heard some things David. This is not the time to ignore her.”

“I’m not going to ignore her.”

He nodded. I know it bothers him too. It's something which isn’t ever supposed to happen in a little town like ours. And to Danny of all guys!! Everybody loved Danny.

Although ...it suddenly hit me! I even began to get a little pissed! Because we didn’t have a phone call last night, she complained to Mel, who complained to Gary! I hope Kathy doesn’t become manipulative.

I made sure to talk with her before math. I apologized and told her I was beat last night and simply had to go to sleep. I think she understood, although she looked frowny. She was hinting for a movie date on Saturday. Terri looked sad too. And there was the empty seat staring at me all period long.

My friend in the hospital, two mopey girls and a pissy-assed little kid sitting straight behind me. To think, math used to be my favorite class!

Erik seemed lost without Twoey or Danny to talk with during lunch. Why doesn’t the fucker go sit at another table. I’m sure the wrestlers would love to have him back ...or maybe not. I tried to ignored him, which was easy, because Matty keeps my attention on him. In the past, I had used Erik as a distraction from Matty. Today, I guess, it was straight Matty ...hehe. I glanced over and caught Sam giving me a look and I don't even know why.

Things were calm in social. Mr. Burch ignored me, except for the sneer which is always on his face if he's near my desk. I never get called on anymore, so I never volunteer. I do all the homework in twice the detail he expects from anyone else, and never, ever make a single error on any quiz or test. Ever.

It's sort of a truce. He doesn't fuck with me and I don't expose his ignorance to the rest of the class ...hehe. I still think I should practice those ‘crazy’ looks though. A little straight fear of Postal-David is healthy for a dickhead like Burch.

Matty and I wrestled for the entire PhysEd period. I think Matty’s growing on me. He’s fun, interesting and always upbeat. His mood is infectious. After being with him, I always have a little buzz. Maybe it’s time to visit Sam and take him up on his standing offer ...hehe.

Varsity practice is a whole new thing. Coach Basuba gave me a printout of my Regimen. It was specially made for me. It had recommendations for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had told him I ran each morning and now I had goals, with times!! And he wanted me in the weight room instead of my study hall each day, with specific exercises and goals!! He gave me a pass out of study hall for the rest of the season. Then he divided the XCountry race into 5 segments, with specific paces. Today I was to work on the first fifth and do so each day until he said I could move to the second fifth. WOW! I was impressed. He must have worked on this thing all night, delivering it straight to me. To think, he got all this info from running with me for only a quarter hour. I know I can handle everything except the meals. How could I ever convince Tommy's mother to feed me actual food? I’ll have to rely on Ginny.

During my after-school meditation, I felt Twoey again. He ‘told’ me the shooting head-pains were making him call for pain killers pretty often today. I ‘told’ him not to worry, they were going to stop pretty soon. I simply knew. His ‘being’ seemed happy to hear the news. I ‘thanked’ him for entrusting me with the dollar. His ‘being’ warmed.

I stayed in my room doing homework, reading and listening to music until 8:30. I didn’t bother with dinner. I did not want to give her another straight shot at trying to get me alone with Uncle Enos. No fucking way will I ever allow that to happen.

He’d probably try to exorcize me or something!

Later at Twoey's house, I was joking about my regimen with Ginny. She said to bring the list along when I come over tomorrow. She wants to help me out with my nutrition. What a mom!

“I talked with Twoey's doctor today and asked specifically about those head pains. He said they weren’t sure. They couldn’t find a causal relationship to anything yet. I made certain he knew I wasn’t happy about it ...I had to put my foot down. He brought in a specialist”

I guess the result was they found a problem. Now they’ve fitted him with a special harness or something to readjust his neck and head a bit. I guess making Twoey straight. As soon as they aligned it, Twoey smiled ...his shooting pains stopped. I was both happy and sad. Happy knowing his pains stopped, he would soon be in a room where I could visit him and his recovery could begin. A little sad I wouldn't be visiting him in the special place the pain killers had sent him to meet me.

He’s not going to be there anymore.

When I got home I made sure to call Kathy and she talked at me for about an hour (yawn).

Twoey

The head pains were more aggressive today. I used the button a lot. Once, while I was awake, a doctor came in and Mom took him out into the hall. I could hear they were talking a little loudly out there. The next time I was awake, the doctor said he was taking me up for a another scan to see if they could determine what was causing my headaches.

Right at that moment I got a blinding pain and pushed the button on reflex right while he was still talking to me! When I was in my floating place, I felt David there. He ‘thanked’ me for the Mike’s dollar and promised me my headaches were going to go away. Then he ‘told’ me something weird. He said if I didn't start feeling better soon, Derek Jeter was going to hear about it!

When I woke up I had this harness like thing around by neck and upper body and some guy in white was adjusting rods and straps. I immediately felt the pressure stop. I knew my headaches were over. Just like David promised. And now I know he is watching over me.

Derek Jeter??

Matty

I don’t want to be jumping to conclusions or anything, but I’m getting the idea David and I are moving past the ‘another guy I know from school’ phase.

Also, today in gym, he seemed looser and happier and really pressed his body against mine a lot. Well, OK that last one was more in my mind. But the other two were true!

I don’t think he’s gonna join wrestling though, but I hope we can stay close. We’ll still be in gym, but I sorta like the extra dose of David I get at lunch.

OK, back to my lube so I can jack-off again. It’s starting to get sore tonight. You-know-who does that to me all the time!

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Cool chapter SD! A lot of good things here, Twoey's pain has stopped thanks to David and Ginny's insistence on more tests, then we have Ginny helping him with his nutrition.
I'm really hoping that the 'meetings' Twoey and David have weren't just due to the pain medications, and will continue as David meditates--maybe he can teach Twoey how to do it? Maybe Matty should try it if he's starting to think David is getting romantic with him...and David may be wising up about Kathy, at last.
More please!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Much is happening, and it's hard to keep track of it all. Twoey actually might begin some real recovery. David moving up on Cross Country. And a hint that Matty might make good on his assertion to Twoey about David, after all. At least, in Matty's mind, he's thinking about it. Almost sad David and Twoey will miss their spirit connection. Questions about Sam remain - what does Sam know, and why the mystery about it? And how does Sam know it? All will be revealed someday, but allow the reader a bit of good natured impatience. More soon, please (insert puppy-dog eyes here)?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 08:58 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Cool chapter SD! A lot of good things here, Twoey's pain has stopped thanks to David and Ginny's insistence on more tests, then we have Ginny helping him with his nutrition.

I'm really hoping that the 'meetings' Twoey and David have weren't just due to the pain medications, and will continue as David meditates--maybe he can teach Twoey how to do it? Maybe Matty should try it if he's starting to think David is getting romantic with him...and David may be wising up about Kathy, at last.

More please!

Thanks CG!

I guess we'll have to wait until David meets Twoey face-to-face for some answers. It's coming up soon! And it's seismic for David, as we would expect.

I'm getting the vibe that the David/Kathy un-romance is nearing its end too. Sad ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Matty is soldiering on. I wonder how far he will dare to push... and David, there's a reason you feel buzzed from all the contact. Nothing gets past Sam it seems. Kathy is that girl who needs to be the center of her guy's world huh!

 

Is it bad that I don't want Twoey to remember the meetings right away, and then only slowly in bits and pieces. I'm just scared that maybe it will hold such an expectation and David is not quite there yet. With Ginny now promising to feed David, they will be spending tons of time together. That's better right? I'm trying to stop thinking ahead but I can't help it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 11:49 PM, Parker Owens said:

Much is happening, and it's hard to keep track of it all. Twoey actually might begin some real recovery. David moving up on Cross Country. And a hint that Matty might make good on his assertion to Twoey about David, after all. At least, in Matty's mind, he's thinking about it. Almost sad David and Twoey will miss their spirit connection. Questions about Sam remain - what does Sam know, and why the mystery about it? And how does Sam know it? All will be revealed someday, but allow the reader a bit of good natured impatience. More soon, please (insert puppy-dog eyes here)?

Thanks Parker!

Hard to keep everything 'straight' isn't it. :) The biggest surprise to me is Matty beginning to enter the orbit. He may not be the bit player we had thought.

Sam. Well Sam's insight and connections are a mystery to all the guys. He seems to be tuned into David, in particular, doesn't he. Only time will tell, I guess.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/17/2015 01:10 PM, Defiance19 said:

Matty is soldiering on. I wonder how far he will dare to push... and David, there's a reason you feel buzzed from all the contact. Nothing gets past Sam it seems. Kathy is that girl who needs to be the center of her guy's world huh!

 

Is it bad that I don't want Twoey to remember the meetings right away, and then only slowly in bits and pieces. I'm just scared that maybe it will hold such an expectation and David is not quite there yet. With Ginny now promising to feed David, they will be spending tons of time together. That's better right? I'm trying to stop thinking ahead but I can't help it!

Thanks Defiance. You bring up a couple of good questions. I'll try not to answer them ;)

1. Matty. We tend to sell him short.

2. David. Yes.

3. Twoey/David. Twoey has proved to be a bit impetuous. David has proved to be overly cautious. It's not gonna be pretty to watch or for either boy to endure, I think. :(

But it might be a good catalyst nonetheless.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ah! I'm so relieved Twoey's head pains were only from the positioning of his head and neck! That was an easy fix, thank God! :)

 

So happy Ginny wants to see David's food requirements. Maybe she'll start teaching him how to cook them. :)

 

Matty was a surprise! lol He thinks David's warming up to him? hehe Poor, poor Matty. And Sam certainly knows everything, doesn't he? lol

 

What was with the cryptic thing Gary said about Kathy? He said something like this isn't the time to ignore her to David. Why? What would she do if David ignored her?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/24/2015 01:14 PM, Lisa said:

Ah! I'm so relieved Twoey's head pains were only from the positioning of his head and neck! That was an easy fix, thank God! :)

 

So happy Ginny wants to see David's food requirements. Maybe she'll start teaching him how to cook them. :)

 

Matty was a surprise! lol He thinks David's warming up to him? hehe Poor, poor Matty. And Sam certainly knows everything, doesn't he? lol

 

What was with the cryptic thing Gary said about Kathy? He said something like this isn't the time to ignore her to David. Why? What would she do if David ignored her?

Thanks for the comments Lisa!

 

Yes, Twoey is on the mend and David will soon be able to visit. That should be eye-opening!

 

I think Gary is also aware of what Martin said. He probably witnessed the dance with Cal, but realizes his bff's fragile state and wants to approach it obliquely. As I recall, they boys never confront one another, but let time work things out. Gary likes to push it a little though. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

On your "stories" page, the synopsis mentions a New Years deadline. I may have missed something important (probably!), but I don't think we know anything about this deadline yet. Many more revelations to come, I think! Thanks for writing and sharing, SkinnyD!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/07/2015 01:43 PM, jess30519 said:

On your "stories" page, the synopsis mentions a New Years deadline. I may have missed something important (probably!), but I don't think we know anything about this deadline yet. Many more revelations to come, I think! Thanks for writing and sharing, SkinnyD!

Thanks for soldiering along jess!! (and for sprinkling in some comments).

 

You haven't missed anything about the deadline. It hasn't been issued yet ...we will be surprised by whom!

 

Let's see: 122 - 37 = yep, lots to go :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Then he ‘told’ me something weird. He said if I didn't start feeling better soon, Derek Jeter was going to hear about it!
...
I knew my headaches were over. Just like David promised. And now I know he is watching over me.
Derek Jeter??

FYI Twoey, David is a little queer. The boy has strange ideas. Blame Sam and/or Tommy's mother. Better yet, don't worry about it. Whether David, Derrick, Danny, Asclepius, Oxala, or the Virgin of Guadalupe, someone's got your back, er neck :) .

 

Sorry, I just can't see the words "Derek Jeter" without laughing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/10/2016 08:25 AM, said:

Then he ‘told’ me something weird. He said if I didn't start feeling better soon, Derek Jeter was going to hear about it!

...

I knew my headaches were over. Just like David promised. And now I know he is watching over me.

Derek Jeter??

FYI Twoey, David is a little queer. The boy has strange ideas. Blame Sam and/or Tommy's mother. Better yet, don't worry about it. Whether David, Derrick, Danny, Asclepius, Oxala, or the Virgin of Guadalupe, someone's got your back, er neck :) .

 

Sorry, I just can't see the words "Derek Jeter" without laughing.

lol. Great oxala!

 

If seeing "Derek Jeter" brings a laugh, then I succeeded!

 

"David is a little queer" Your probably right, even if he doesn't admit it yet ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..