Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,569 Words
  • 4,249 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 98. Week Fourteen Sunday, December 7, 2014: Shimmering Reflections

in the glittery glare of the ice coated tree

did my soul now despair

for the ken of my love, be it she be it he

was now mine to declare

 

- David

 

 

***

 

I couldn’t find any time to meditate! I knew I needed to get back to Danny and see how Randy figures into all of this. But this morning, right after Tommy showered me, I barely had gotten dried off and into my boxers when Alex walked in. Tommy was still in his Speedo, so it was cute seeing him turn crimson and scoot off to his room.

“You realize he’ll be in therapy for the next ten years, right?”

That made Alex laugh pretty hard.

“Not that I’m complaining, but why are you here so early?”

“Ricky needed to leave early for college because of the storm.”

“What storm?”

“Haven’t you looked outside yet?”

“No, I just got up.”

We went to my window and raised the blinds. It was like a fairyland twinkling before us. There must have been an ice storm last night and the rising sun shone through the trees outside my room making them appear to be encased in jewels!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:13321]

It was so peaceful and pleasant standing there, her arm around my waist. A small pressure-like pain fleetingly went through my head at the exact moment I had a rogue thought about this same scene, but with Twoey holding me from behind. My mind even asked the question of whom I would prefer to share the beauty before me. I internally sighed and pushed that thought right out of my naughty mind. I knew I dared not feed it the fuel to tear me apart inside any more than it already was.

Minerva, please grant Randy the wisdom to help me!

My evil mind allowed me to return to the present.

“Wow, that’s so beautiful! But it means I won’t be able to go out for a walk today.”

“Sure you will, it’s almost at freezing already and the forecast is for it to warm up. Everything will be melted in another hour.”

“So, why did Ricky – that’s your brother, right? – leave early?”

“He had to drive south into Pennsylvania and there are lots of hills. Things might not get melted there, so he’ll probably have to take it easy.”

We sat on the bed and held hands while talking about Ricky, school next week and other things. That’s when I said, “I had an interesting conversation with Randy yesterday.”

“Really? What did you talk about?”

“You.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, he told me all sorts of interesting stories about growing up with you as a friend.”

She leveled a steely look at me as I tried everything in my power to prevent a smile from forming.

“The book I’m reading has mentioned the necessity to embrace darkness along with light and evil along with goodness, because they are parts of God’s creation.”

Now she really narrowed her eyes at me.

“So you would have done harm to an innocent puppy dog?” I couldn’t hold it any longer and completely broke out laughing and then she did too, jumping on my right side and pretending to pound me.

“I can’t believe you were a 6 year old extortionist!”

“Just think how much more capable I can be at 15!” Then she attacked me again, and we were both laughing really hard as a now-dressed Tommy stuck his head in the door and told us breakfast was ready.

All throughout breakfast I was worried Alex would want sex when the family was at church, and I absolutely knew I was not ready yet. It wasn’t going to happen. When they did leave, she suggested we take a walk. I realized my scary smart girlfriend could read my mind. So I rewarded her with a hug, which slipped into our most passionate kiss to date. When we broke it, I was short of breath but just gasped.

“We should leave now before we do something I’m not quite ready for.” I simply had to tell her.

This time we walked in the opposite direction, around Twoey’s block. The sidewalks were wet and everything was dripping. The little fairyland had been claimed by the warming winter sun. When we got near his house, there was Erik’s Mustang in the driveway. I said, “Well, the ice didn’t keep him away. I’ll bet he’s sampling Ginny’s breakfast cooking.”

Alex looked at me. “Let’s stop in.”

And so we went up and knocked on the door. As soon as Twoey answered, a big smile spread over his face. He invited us in and into the kitchen. I crutched my way over to kiss Ginny and introduce her to Alex, because I couldn’t remember if they had met at the hospital. She invited us to join them for breakfast. I could see Erik tense up. He actually balled his fists which were near his lap. I think I was the only one who noticed that happen.

“Oh, no. We just ate, but we’ll sit here for a couple of minutes. Alex is helping with my exercise by walking me around the block. I’m not supposed to walk alone.”

Twoey broke in.

“Hey, David, if you ever need a walker, just ask me. I’d be happy to walk with you.”

Now Erik was really getting rigid. Asshole!

Hehe ...nah, thank God the casts come off tomorrow. They’re going to give me some kind of boot and I’ll be able to manage with one crutch or maybe even none. But I’ll be able to walk alone anyway, that is, if I can find something to distract her.” As I said that, I pointed to Alex and she bopped me on the head.

We decided to only stay about ten minutes and then much to the relief of Alex, me and Erik, we left. As soon as we got outside Alex hissed.

“Did you see that Erik? What’s his problem? Doesn’t he want Twoey to see any of his friends?”

I looked at her, suddenly seeing the pattern, and smiled. Scary smart!

“Unfortunately, I think that’s exactly what he wants. Twoey doesn’t walk to school with the gang anymore and doesn’t even eat lunch with them. Erik has him off campus eating lunch. He’s isolating him.”

She stared at me with her mouth open. Then she put a determined look on her face.

“Well, what are you going to do about it?”

“Sam says I can’t do anything. So I’ll try to see him as much as Erik will allow, just to show Twoey he still has a friend.”

“To think, I used to be so jealous of him, and now I feel so sorry for him! David, simply watching this happen to your friend is not enough!”

“Hey ...I’m not going to do nothing! When I get a little more mobile, you and I are going to take a bus ride to Syracuse. There’s a guy there who just might be able to help. We need to do some Christmas shopping anyway.”

“OK, David. You better believe I’m going to hold you to that. You can not abandon your friend!”

The rest of the day went as usual. Alex and I worked on Adv. Prep together and then our other homework separately, since she had brought hers along. Dad and Tommy watched football. Alex stayed for supper and we all sat around and chatted until the adults’ TV shows came on. At that point, Alex’s ride arrived and Tommy and I disappeared upstairs to his room, where we played a rare video game together. Naturally, he demolished me. You simply can’t race cars with one hand in a cast! But I wasn’t going to pass up any bonding with Tommy, when I got the chance. Of course, all this meant no time to read Demian or meditate. Tomorrow is my appointment to get rid of these casts and Tuesday I’ll be in school. I knew I’d have to try fitting in some time for meditation tomorrow, if at all possible.

Danny must be getting real impatient!

 

Randy

I spent the morning in our breakfast nook because one side is all glassed in and has a sliding door which leads out onto the stone patio my parents are so proud of. But today I was here for the spectacular view of all the shimmering ice and also for some serious thinking.

I’ve got admit, I was totally confused. I think I mentioned before how certain I was that David was gay. At first, I wasn’t sure, but after I saw him with Twoey, there was no question at all in my mind. I was a little concerned because I could see Alex falling for him. I figured he’d either tell her or, if he wasn’t prepared to be ‘out,’ at least he’d figure a way to brush her off. When that wasn’t happening, I was worried she was going to be hurt really bad. You have no idea how close I came to outing the dude to Alex, just so she could get over him. I knew his secret wouldn’t go any further than her because she’s smart and, of course, she has a gay brother.

Just before I took that misguided step, they were suddenly boyfriend/girlfriend! That’s when I was rocked back on my heels. I couldn’t believe I had been so wrong. So my new conjecture was, he would be one of those dudes who went through life with a wife and kids and remained in denial. That is, until some scandal broke up everything, including their marriage. I’m smart enough to realize nothing I could say to Alex would stop it from happening, if she were, in fact, that poor wife-to-be. It’s just one of those things. You read about it all the time.

That was until yesterday. During our little walk, after I accidently outed myself to David, he subtly changed his demeanor. Now he wants to talk to me about personal issues. I could clearly sense how serious he was. And now I know. I know David is on the verge of being not-in-denial anymore.

This, of course, presented me with two huge problems, and they were what I was thinking about this morning. The first was, how can I help him? His earlier life has been so different from mine. While I’m not openly ‘out’ in this hick town, most of the gay guys know each other. We’re out to each other. I’ve hooked up and had sex. Not as much as Cory, who I wish would settle down a little. I think Cory and I would make a good couple, but he can’t seem to stay away from Matty’s little club. I’ve tried to hook up with a few others. Buddy from Dennis Center was my latest, but I keep being drawn back to Cory, and he seems to be drawn back to me, except I guess he’s got a scratch I can’t itch. And no, I do not want to get involved with Matty. I’m mostly a bottom anyway and that wouldn’t work. So my question was, how could I help David? I couldn’t even begin to understand how his mind works about his orientation. I mean, for me, there it was; I was gay. There wasn’t any denying it. So how does a brain block what should be so obvious? I like David a lot and I don’t want to be responsible for fucking him up.

The second problem was Alex. There was now zero doubt in my mind that David is gay. Alex is my best friend. I’m sure you can see my difficulty. While I conduct that personal little talk, exploring David’s gayness with him, there would sit Alex, thinking she had a future with him. And what will happen when she discovers that I knew and didn’t tell her? Let me just clarify something. You do not ever want to be on the dark side of Alex! So do I tell her and betray David or do I go along with David and betray Alex?

This was not an enviable spot to be in. That was what framed my thinking, while drinking in the beauty of the glistening view this morning. Did I come to a conclusion?

Yes.

I’ll remain ignorant until David and I have that personal discussion. Then I’ll give him an ultimatum. Tell her or I will. It’s really the only fair thing to do for both of them. She’s got to know and he’s got to tell her. The sooner the better, although I had the suspicion it was already too late to protect Alex from a world of hurt.

 

 

Twoey

Mom and I were transfixed early this morning with the view out the living room bay window. The sun, filtered through the ice on our front trees, formed a wonderland of sparkle. Mom came up behind me and gently enveloped my shoulders. I had a surprising, but pleasant, thought of David holding me as we looked at that same scene. I knew it was the kind of thing he would appreciate. While we were watching, a black Mustang appeared, carefully picking its way down the icy street to our house.

After I let Erik in, I brought him to the widow to share the scene with me.

“Look, isn’t it magnificent?”

“Are you crazy? I almost got killed trying to get here in that ice. I don’t even want to look at it.”

While that disappointed me, I could see his point. Although I couldn’t understand why he didn’t simply wait an hour for things to melt before he came. We went into the kitchen and talked with Mom as she began the preparation of a nice Sunday breakfast for us. It was probably an hour or so later, when we were beginning to dig in, that there was a knock on the door. I was pleasantly surprised to see David and Alex. Wow! How weird, I was just thinking of him.

David introduced Alex to Mom and we invited them to stay for breakfast, but they had already eaten and only stayed about 10 minutes. Gosh, it was really great seeing him. I really do miss my angel. After they left, Erik and I went to my room for a little making out before I changed. Then we spent the entire day with Mom watching football on TV. She needed a few things for supper, so Eric and I volunteered to shoot to the supermarket and pick them up. It was nice being really alone with him for 20 minutes or so.

When we returned, my boyfriend stayed for dinner, of course. Then we watched some shows with Mom, but he always kept me in his arms. He left late, before I went to bed. Naturally, he made his goodnight call. Reminding me to turn off my phone, he blew me a kiss. I almost disobeyed him to call David, just because it was so good seeing him, just to wish him goodnight. But I decided not to. Starting that all up again could lead to hard feelings down the line. I want this relationship with Erik to be long and smooth.

I really needed some stability in my life right now.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 2
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm impressed at the way you portray the unhealthy relationship of Twoey and Eric, so subtle it's completely believable that Twoey falls under his spell. It's fucking scary but somehow fascinating too. Like standing in front of a rattle snake poised to strike. I'm hoping Alex will goad David into gathering his friends and make a plan to save Twoey. It's so sweet of Randy to worry about her, but I think she's too clever and cool to be hurt for long once David comes out (if he does).

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Seems a little short, SD...is that my imagination, or lack of sleep?
No real new things here...just more glimpses into how sick Twoey and Eric's relationship is, and how leech-like Alex is (shudder). The only positive thing I feel about her, and that is faint, is that she appears concerned about Twoey. Waiting for her to latch onto someone else.
We're running out of weeks, my friend! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I kinda feel like reiterating some of my concerns from last chapter. From a writing standpoint, this was written just as well as other chapters, however, much like ColumbusGuy said, there wasn't really anything new here. Or in other words, to me it felt more like a filler chapter than anything. Nothing happened to move the story forward. I still personally believe that the story would sometimes be better served by having your characters actually doing things more, and not spend so much time talking about doing it.

 

The one thing I can say happened was that Alex noticed Erik's creepy behavior, and encouraged David to take some kind of action. So they made plans (again) to go to Syracuse (again). Also, yes she's a freaking leach. I also wonder about the parents of these kids that allow their kids to spend all their free time in the home of somebody else, including EVERY day after school. Are both Alex's and Erik's parents/family just never around at all? Or they just don't care? I mean that girl is getting creepy obsessed, David can't even get dressed and she's already in his house? It's just weird that everybody's parents are as equally inattentive as David's (still) useless father.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you skinnyd!

 

Interesting that Alex will push David toward Twoey. Randy has made a decision to force David to be honest with her, or take it upon himself. It's all set up!

 

As an aside, I love icy mornings like that. I have not seen one since returning to the Texas gulf coast almost ten years ago. The photo ALMOST made me miss real winter :) .

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Randy may have a good plan, a discreet plan, a workable plan. The problem is that David is utterly unlikely to fully reveal himself to Randy. He can barely be honest with himself. That said, I can envision a scenario that would dissipate the Alex problem easily, though the stars would have to align just so. Erik's control problem is becoming more open, although that may be a function of our familiarity with him. Note to Twoey: call David.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another interesting chapter SkinnyD ...
Sometimes I wonder about David and how he allows Alex to control him so much. He knows he has to meditate and talk with Danny, but he refuses to tell Alex to give him an hour of personal time. Hopefully, Randy will be able to help him in whatever it is that David really wants.
It was good to hear from Twoey, but kind of bad too considering he's looking for stability in his life and not seeing what Erik is doing to control him. It was good that Alex saw what a creep Erik is, but will she be able to convince David to do anything about it? In reality, the only thing David can do is profess his love to Twoey, but that would mean admitting to himself that he can have those kinds of feelings for his friend. Now, if the two boys will only call each other!
Nice of Randy to decide to force David to make the choice and tell Alex of his true feelings. It's nice that there's at least one sane person in this story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

There's so many unhealthy relationships here. But I think that's normal. The characters are young, and for many of them this is their first real relationships. It's interesting to me how David and Alex can see how bad the relationship is between Erik and Twoey, but David can't see how toxic and controlling his own relationship is. Maybe because Alex isn't being as fundamentally blunt about it, and she's not trying to be exclusionary towards anyone.

 

And let's make no mistake here, that relationship between Erik and Twoey IS toxic. This is more than just being protective of bae, this is downright exclusionary and it's a sign of abuse. I work with kids in situations like these, and I know what happens to them. This is not something that's going to be fun for most of us to read, I don't think. I'm hoping for the best for Twoey, but I'm expecting the worst... hopefully David figures himself out before then and can save the day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I have to echo Hunter's thoughts on David and Alex vs. Twoey and Erik. I love how you are using the relationships as a reflection of one another - both David and Twoey are using a simulacrum for the relationship they really want because Twoey couldn't wait for David to finish his recovery to talk to him about what happened and David is once again allowing himself to be swept along by other people's plans and desires because of what he thinks he wants or should want. That, of course, is slowly cracking. And Twoey's relationship, too.
Now the real question in my mind is this: although Erik has some good reason to be jealous of David, where does this need to control and isolate come from? Is there some sort of information about his past that we may become privy to down the road, something that will explain his behaviour (though definitely not justify it)?
Good stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Shimmering but imperfect reflections - David and Twoey are both trapped in kind of mirror-image relationships that they think they want, but are wrong for them. Wrong in different ways, yet they are both oblivious to the walls closing in on them. Or they were! We're seeing some cracks in those walls now, and that's good. Sam and Randy really ought to form a relationship consulting company; they are the only two teenagers in that town who seem to see the whole picture.

 

Interesting that David plans to bring in the Syracuse guys to help extract Twoey from Erik's clutches. I'm assuming he means Mike and Alan... but I don't quite see how they can help. It's going to be hard waiting for the next instalment! Thanks, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 02:25 PM, Timothy M. said:

I'm impressed at the way you portray the unhealthy relationship of Twoey and Eric, so subtle it's completely believable that Twoey falls under his spell. It's fucking scary but somehow fascinating too. Like standing in front of a rattle snake poised to strike. I'm hoping Alex will goad David into gathering his friends and make a plan to save Twoey. It's so sweet of Randy to worry about her, but I think she's too clever and cool to be hurt for long once David comes out (if he does).

Thanks Tim,

 

Erik/Twoey is not becoming pleasant to think about. I liked your rattlesnake analogy.

 

I'm glad you grasped Alex's depth. Too many seem to be underestimating her and what she can do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 08:04 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Seems a little short, SD...is that my imagination, or lack of sleep?

No real new things here...just more glimpses into how sick Twoey and Eric's relationship is, and how leech-like Alex is (shudder). The only positive thing I feel about her, and that is faint, is that she appears concerned about Twoey. Waiting for her to latch onto someone else.

We're running out of weeks, my friend! :)

Thanks CG!

 

It must be lack of sleep getting the latest Jay & Miles to us. This was about average length for a "Twoey" chapter.

 

Sundays are usually non-action days in this story. It's the time the characters try to make sense of what has happened to them and/or plan out their next actions. A day for introspection.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 09:31 PM, spikey582 said:

I kinda feel like reiterating some of my concerns from last chapter. From a writing standpoint, this was written just as well as other chapters, however, much like ColumbusGuy said, there wasn't really anything new here. Or in other words, to me it felt more like a filler chapter than anything. Nothing happened to move the story forward. I still personally believe that the story would sometimes be better served by having your characters actually doing things more, and not spend so much time talking about doing it.

 

The one thing I can say happened was that Alex noticed Erik's creepy behavior, and encouraged David to take some kind of action. So they made plans (again) to go to Syracuse (again). Also, yes she's a freaking leach. I also wonder about the parents of these kids that allow their kids to spend all their free time in the home of somebody else, including EVERY day after school. Are both Alex's and Erik's parents/family just never around at all? Or they just don't care? I mean that girl is getting creepy obsessed, David can't even get dressed and she's already in his house? It's just weird that everybody's parents are as equally inattentive as David's (still) useless father.

Thanks spikey!

 

Parents in small towns, not related to cities, are much different from the helicopter parents of the affluenza society. Kids leave in the morning and come back at night, usually only interrupted by a family dinner. Even when home, they don't feel the need to constantly interact with the adults.

 

Maybe the suburban sprawl, with it's requirement that parents taxi kids everywhere, has created this relatively curious and unfortunate symbiotic relationship.

 

It's not so much inattention, as considering children to be capable of learning and growing without the need for a buddy-parent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 09:50 PM, said:

Thank you skinnyd!

 

Interesting that Alex will push David toward Twoey. Randy has made a decision to force David to be honest with her, or take it upon himself. It's all set up!

 

As an aside, I love icy mornings like that. I have not seen one since returning to the Texas gulf coast almost ten years ago. The photo ALMOST made me miss real winter :) .

Thanks oxala!

 

"Interesting that Alex will push David toward Twoey." Yes it is and I'm glad you've picked up on that instead of the usual pitchfork ...hehe.

 

I'm happy the photo I took gave you a good memory. Ice encrusted trees are certainly a highlight of winter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/24/2016 10:04 PM, Parker Owens said:

Randy may have a good plan, a discreet plan, a workable plan. The problem is that David is utterly unlikely to fully reveal himself to Randy. He can barely be honest with himself. That said, I can envision a scenario that would dissipate the Alex problem easily, though the stars would have to align just so. Erik's control problem is becoming more open, although that may be a function of our familiarity with him. Note to Twoey: call David.

Thanks Parker!

 

You are probably correct that David isn't ready to fully reveal himself. But like most everything else with him, it will likely work itself out in stages. Let's hope Randy will be a good guide for him.

 

If not, there's always Matty :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 03:58 AM, CarlHoliday said:

Another interesting chapter SkinnyD ...

Sometimes I wonder about David and how he allows Alex to control him so much. He knows he has to meditate and talk with Danny, but he refuses to tell Alex to give him an hour of personal time. Hopefully, Randy will be able to help him in whatever it is that David really wants.

It was good to hear from Twoey, but kind of bad too considering he's looking for stability in his life and not seeing what Erik is doing to control him. It was good that Alex saw what a creep Erik is, but will she be able to convince David to do anything about it? In reality, the only thing David can do is profess his love to Twoey, but that would mean admitting to himself that he can have those kinds of feelings for his friend. Now, if the two boys will only call each other!

Nice of Randy to decide to force David to make the choice and tell Alex of his true feelings. It's nice that there's at least one sane person in this story.

Thanks Carl!

 

You made an interesting observation about Twoey and the stability he seeks. It could be one of the reasons he's allowing Erik to control more of his life.

He hasn't recognized what he perceives as a warm, attentive relationship is, in reality, a straightjacket being slowly tied around him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 05:14 AM, Hunter Thomson said:

There's so many unhealthy relationships here. But I think that's normal. The characters are young, and for many of them this is their first real relationships. It's interesting to me how David and Alex can see how bad the relationship is between Erik and Twoey, but David can't see how toxic and controlling his own relationship is. Maybe because Alex isn't being as fundamentally blunt about it, and she's not trying to be exclusionary towards anyone.

 

And let's make no mistake here, that relationship between Erik and Twoey IS toxic. This is more than just being protective of bae, this is downright exclusionary and it's a sign of abuse. I work with kids in situations like these, and I know what happens to them. This is not something that's going to be fun for most of us to read, I don't think. I'm hoping for the best for Twoey, but I'm expecting the worst... hopefully David figures himself out before then and can save the day.

Thanks so much Hunter!

 

You're right, unhealthy as the relationship with Alex is, there is no comparison to Twoey and Erik.

We can be easily upset with the take-charge girl and a gay boy in denial. But the way Erik is spinning his web, cocooning Twoey, is the one to be concerned about.

 

David/Alex is not frightening. Twoey/Erik is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 05:27 AM, Lux Apollo said:

I have to echo Hunter's thoughts on David and Alex vs. Twoey and Erik. I love how you are using the relationships as a reflection of one another - both David and Twoey are using a simulacrum for the relationship they really want because Twoey couldn't wait for David to finish his recovery to talk to him about what happened and David is once again allowing himself to be swept along by other people's plans and desires because of what he thinks he wants or should want. That, of course, is slowly cracking. And Twoey's relationship, too.

Now the real question in my mind is this: although Erik has some good reason to be jealous of David, where does this need to control and isolate come from? Is there some sort of information about his past that we may become privy to down the road, something that will explain his behaviour (though definitely not justify it)?

Good stuff.

Thank you lux!

 

Your entire first paragraph made me smile in gratitude.

 

The concept you propose in the second paragraph is interesting and, if I'm not mistaken, you've raised it before -- I'd need to check back through old reviews to confirm this -- and it is well worth considering.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/25/2016 07:39 AM, jess30519 said:

Shimmering but imperfect reflections - David and Twoey are both trapped in kind of mirror-image relationships that they think they want, but are wrong for them. Wrong in different ways, yet they are both oblivious to the walls closing in on them. Or they were! We're seeing some cracks in those walls now, and that's good. Sam and Randy really ought to form a relationship consulting company; they are the only two teenagers in that town who seem to see the whole picture.

 

Interesting that David plans to bring in the Syracuse guys to help extract Twoey from Erik's clutches. I'm assuming he means Mike and Alan... but I don't quite see how they can help. It's going to be hard waiting for the next instalment! Thanks, Skinny!

Hey jess! Thanks for your comments.

 

YAY for your first sentence! I'm so happy I didn't waste my time writing all that!

 

About the Syracuse guys ...maybe David wants Alan to lean on Erik? Alan was Mike's bodyguard, and now David has been exposed to Grampa, Uncle John's & Co. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm sorry I don't have anything more creative or insightful to say - but I still wanted to reiterate how much I absolutely love this story. It makes me so happy every time you post a new chapter. Michael

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/26/2016 05:46 AM, mg777 said:

I'm sorry I don't have anything more creative or insightful to say - but I still wanted to reiterate how much I absolutely love this story. It makes me so happy every time you post a new chapter. Michael

Thank you so much, Michael!!

 

Simply your continue support is all the encouragement I need.

 

Thank You again!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The title of this chapter put me in the mind of something my mum says, though I don't know that's the context you meant... 'Six of one, half a dozen of the other'.. That's Alex and David and Twoey and Erik... But, it looks like one way or the other they will be figuring it out soon, or at least they'll be forced to. Alex is good so far for the one thing right now. Her insistence that David not ignore Twoey's situation is great, in spite of what that will mean for her eventually.. I think I see what you're doing Mr. Dragon..
Randy's decision is the best he can do...

 

Great chapter as always SkinnyD!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 06:01 AM, Defiance19 said:

The title of this chapter put me in the mind of something my mum says, though I don't know that's the context you meant... 'Six of one, half a dozen of the other'.. That's Alex and David and Twoey and Erik... But, it looks like one way or the other they will be figuring it out soon, or at least they'll be forced to. Alex is good so far for the one thing right now. Her insistence that David not ignore Twoey's situation is great, in spite of what that will mean for her eventually.. I think I see what you're doing Mr. Dragon..

Randy's decision is the best he can do...

 

Great chapter as always SkinnyD!

Thank you Def!

 

Also thanks for commenting on the title. I really sweated over it and changed that sucker at least 10 times! :P

 

I think it's all pretty transparent by now (Mr. Dragon isn't so clever). The only thing to worry about is how will Alex react? Hopefully not in her dark mode, which could be pretty scary. :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Jeez, I haven't r&r'd since May! :(

 

It is ironic that Alex can see how controlling Erik is toward Twoey, but she can't see how manipulative she is with David. Or can she...She is very smart, after all.

 

I think eventually she might be the one to figure everything out and fill David in on his true feelings. The signs have got to be there (as Randy thought), and Alex has a gay brother, so she knows what to look for. I think she's too close, that's the problem. If she steps back some and gives David some breathing room, she might see similarities between David and her brother. Watch, she'll be the smart one who'll help David come to terms with this.

 

I'm really looking forward to David mediating and seeing Danny again. Hopefully he'll be able to help David. :)

 

This was another awesome chapter, Skinny! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 02:05 PM, Lisa said:

Jeez, I haven't r&r'd since May! :(

 

It is ironic that Alex can see how controlling Erik is toward Twoey, but she can't see how manipulative she is with David. Or can she...She is very smart, after all.

 

I think eventually she might be the one to figure everything out and fill David in on his true feelings. The signs have got to be there (as Randy thought), and Alex has a gay brother, so she knows what to look for. I think she's too close, that's the problem. If she steps back some and gives David some breathing room, she might see similarities between David and her brother. Watch, she'll be the smart one who'll help David come to terms with this.

 

I'm really looking forward to David mediating and seeing Danny again. Hopefully he'll be able to help David. :)

 

This was another awesome chapter, Skinny! :)

Thanks, Lisa!

 

Your absence has been noted by David, and now he's spinning out of control. It's all your fault! :P

 

Actually you're correct that Alex is in the perfect position to help David.

But will David let her?

That's the real question! :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Eric really isn't the one for Twoey  and I think he's the only one who doesn't realise that!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..