Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,184 Words
  • 3,642 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 30. Week Five Tuesday September 30, 2014: A Faint Day

If outside forces trump you, fold your hand.

Gary and I went for our lonely morning run. Again, we didn't say much.

Later, I was picking at a banana when Tommy answered the door. Greg came in and walked right over to me. As I stood up, I received another giant fullback hug! He didn't say anything. He didn't have to. Actually I think he might have choked up if he said anything. He looked very emotional.

I simply said, “Thanks Greg, that means a lot.”

Liz came in and they left.

The minute I got picked up for school Sam began. “I told you guys some stuff yesterday from an EMT, through some friends of mine. Has any one of you passed anything on to anybody at all ...parents, girlfriend, anybody?” Sam sounded almost panicky.

“No!” We said, nearly in unison ...hehe.

Sam looked visibly relieved. “Guys, you gotta promise me you won’t tell it to anyone! You gotta promise!” He looked at me extra hard. I guess it was cuz he told me other stuff too.

We agreed, of course, but Gary asked why.

“You aren’t gonna believe this, but the base is quashing the whole thing. They don’t want the media to get hold of this. They’re making up some asswipe story about an accident for release. Danny’s father was a fucking Brigadier General! If you guys say even one word you’re probably gonna have black helicopters over your houses!”

Whoah!

“The EMT could be fired and my friends could be in a shitload of trouble! So just forget everything! I guess it doesn’t matter anyway. Nothing will bring Danny back. I don’t know what they plan to do if Twoey decides to live. That ought to be real interesting.” Sam certainly had my attention.

There were now only four of us walking into school. Sympathetic looks fell upon us from the kids we saw before we even entered the building. There were always five of us, and this year six, always – every day! Biggy met me at my locker and gave a little man-hug, saying how sorry he was.

In math I got a hug and kiss on the cheek from both Kathy and Terri and it felt weird sitting next to the empty chair. Even Mr. Elcher didn't give me shit about missing XCountry practice yesterday. I’ll be missing Thursday’s too. It’s a good thing there’s no race this Homecoming weekend, or I’d be off the team for sure.

The lunch table was busy with kids coming up, asking if we knew what happened. We explained we were as clueless as everyone else. Apparently an announcement was made yesterday. There were grief counselors in the guidance office if anyone needed them. Matty and Erik ate with us and they were seriously bummed too. Actually I didn't eat, only a little part of an apple. I'm never hungry anymore.

It soon caught up with me though.

In PhysEd we were doing loosening up calisthenics before our wrestling lessons, when I fainted. At least it's what I’m told. Matty said I simply keeled over onto my face. And it did hurt when I woke up. It’s a good thing we were on a mat! Naturally, I was in the nurse's office right away.

She told me to get on the scales and she looked shocked. She moved the little weight thingy over and over like there was something wrong with it. Staring at it, she asked, “David, what did you eat today?”

“Some of a banana for breakfast and some of an apple for lunch.”

“What did you eat yesterday?”

“Some of a banana at breakfast and part of a sandwich, I think. Or maybe it was part of an apple. I can’t remember.”

“That's all?”

“Yes, ma'am. I'm not very hungry lately. You know, with everything going on.”

“Well I can understand, but David, you've lost almost 20 pounds since the beginning of the school year! This much weight loss didn't happen over the weekend!”

Now I was shocked. Twenty pounds? I've been eating ...haven't I? Reflecting a bit, I did remember my pants seeming big and Deena scowling at me Friday and all the supper tables I've left in a huff and wasn't hungry afterward. Even Tommy was trying to smuggle me sandwiches. I guess ...I guess I haven't been eating.

“You can't be in such an exerting sport as Cross Country and not eat! You're making yourself sick!” She was yelling at me, and then escorted me down to the cafeteria! She talked to some lunch ladies and soon I had a pile food in front of me.

“I can't eat all this!”

“Eat as much as you can, and I'm going to sit right here and watch you!” I worked my way through some meatloaf and mashed potatoes from today's lunch menu. I attempted some jell-o and part of an orange and said, “Enough! my stomach hurts!”

The nurse told me to eat at least as much every lunch from now on. She wants to weigh me next Monday, and every Monday until I have all my weight back! Talk about a food Nazi!

But I don't think it did me much good because I puked it all up during XCountry practice. I guess I can't eat heavy so close to running!

I tried to eat at dinner, but it was this disgusting beef liver and Brussels sprouts and I knew I'd puke it up too, big time. I picked at some carrots Tommy’s mother thankfully included and had an extra glass of milk. Maybe I'll actually eat cereal with my banana tomorrow. I thought of a plan. I'm gonna weigh myself every morning and keep a little chart. At least it'll be a small distraction from all the hurt I feel.

I did my homework and talked with Kathy for a while on the phone.

I asked, “Kathy, can you do me a favor and try to talk with Lanni a little? I think she needs another friend right now. Nels told me she is really upset.”

“Aw David, you're such a thoughtful guy! I'll do it. I should have thought of it first. I'm embarrassed!”

I went to bed, but couldn't fall asleep. Sam said they were naked.

Were they having sex?

Was Danny gay?

Is Twoey gay???

Were they straight boys fooling around? Jacking each other off? This was hard for me to wrap my brain around. There must be some other reason, although I couldn’t think of anything where they’d both be naked. Now if Twoey is gay ...our connection ...my feelings ...Nah! None of this makes any sense.

I guess only time will answer these questions ...or unless Twoey dies.

Then it won't matter anymore.

It won’t matter at all.

Twoey

I don't see Danny anymore. I want to see those freckles and his smile and get those kisses. Where's my Danny? I need to go where Danny is.

Please God, let me go where Danny is!

Now I felt the pain.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you for the chapter, SD. I don't really know what else to say with the way everyone is feeling right now.
David might be acknowledging that he had stirrings over Twoey when they first met? I want to say it's some sort of epiphany for him, but I won't hold my breath.
I'm not fond of Kathy, never have been, but she is even more self-absorbed, not giving any thought to others at this trying time...she's welcome to David, they are well-suited to one another.
A bittersweet end to this one: bitter as Twoey can't see Danny anymore in his dreams, and sweet in the fact that he is beginning to feel pain. Not the best anchor to life, but it shows us that he's starting to got a better chance of it now.
More please.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh, dear. A coverup? Maybe it will all come out eventually, when there is more space between even the event and everyone's pain. But won't Twoey be in danger? A quick hospital death would be in the interests of those who need the truth smothered in its bed. David may really really need serious psych help if he's just not eating. And what about Twoey himself? Or his mom, who must be frantic? Wondering if she'll encounter David, Matty or Eric, and go off the rails herself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/31/2015 08:50 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Thank you for the chapter, SD. I don't really know what else to say with the way everyone is feeling right now.

David might be acknowledging that he had stirrings over Twoey when they first met? I want to say it's some sort of epiphany for him, but I won't hold my breath.

I'm not fond of Kathy, never have been, but she is even more self-absorbed, not giving any thought to others at this trying time...she's welcome to David, they are well-suited to one another.

A bittersweet end to this one: bitter as Twoey can't see Danny anymore in his dreams, and sweet in the fact that he is beginning to feel pain. Not the best anchor to life, but it shows us that he's starting to got a better chance of it now.

More please.

Thanks for the review and thoughts CG!

Yes, it might me early to come to conclusions, Things need to shake out and settle down a bit. This was a major happening.

I'm beginning to get a funny feeling about Kathy too.

Maybe David's acknowledgment re: feelings for Twoey, are repressed thoughts now breaking through bit by bit? Not sure yet, but a possibility.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/31/2015 09:45 PM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, dear. A coverup? Maybe it will all come out eventually, when there is more space between even the event and everyone's pain. But won't Twoey be in danger? A quick hospital death would be in the interests of those who need the truth smothered in its bed. David may really really need serious psych help if he's just not eating. And what about Twoey himself? Or his mom, who must be frantic? Wondering if she'll encounter David, Matty or Eric, and go off the rails herself.

Thanks Parker for the review and probing questions!

Twoey's in danger, but more from his desire to not live than from black helicopters ...so far.

David needs help ...for sure, and not from his church.

Twoeys mom, good question. She might be too analytical to blame those 3 boys ...as long as Twoey lives.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

David hasn't even been paying attention to the fact that he's not eating. We know Tommy's mom is a horrible cook, but jeez, she's still his mother too -- doesn't she notice that he doesn't like her cooking and he barely eats? Can't she make some kind of an effort to learn to cook?

 

Of course not eating is also a sign of depression.Could this whole Kathy mess be affecting him that much? He always acts so happy, but maybe deep down, he's depressed. Of course now with Danny's death and Twoey near death, this could very well increase his depression tenfold.

 

Shit. I just realized there are no new chapters!!! :(:(:(:no::no::no:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/02/2015 11:56 AM, Lisa said:

David hasn't even been paying attention to the fact that he's not eating. We know Tommy's mom is a horrible cook, but jeez, she's still his mother too -- doesn't she notice that he doesn't like her cooking and he barely eats? Can't she make some kind of an effort to learn to cook?

 

Of course not eating is also a sign of depression.Could this whole Kathy mess be affecting him that much? He always acts so happy, but maybe deep down, he's depressed. Of course now with Danny's death and Twoey near death, this could very well increase his depression tenfold.

 

Shit. I just realized there are no new chapters!!! :(:(:(:no::no::no:

Thanks for reviewing Lisa!

Next chapter coming right up! :)

The more we discover, the less stable David seems. Sad.

I don't get the feeling Kathy is his issue anymore. But he better find out what his issue is. Therapy would help.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It makes me so mad that the truth behind Danny's murder may never come to light, and it's mainly to protect a homophobic dad's image. Unless Twoey wakes up and blow the top off their cover up.

 

Twoey, you are not allowed to go with Danny, sorry.

 

David is suffering so badly. He lost 20 lbs without notice? Where is Tommy's mother. David is the classic subject for a teen suffering through depression or some other mental trauma. The signs are there if you are paying attention, but he manages his outward appearance and internalizes his feelings well enough that no one pays attention. I'm willing to bet that Tommy's mother suspects he might be gay, much in the way Sam sees it, hence her collaboration with the pastor from hell. I'm scared for David too. His own implosion is coming.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/06/2015 05:10 AM, Defiance19 said:

It makes me so mad that the truth behind Danny's murder may never come to light, and it's mainly to protect a homophobic dad's image. Unless Twoey wakes up and blow the top off their cover up.

 

Twoey, you are not allowed to go with Danny, sorry.

 

David is suffering so badly. He lost 20 lbs without notice? Where is Tommy's mother. David is the classic subject for a teen suffering through depression or some other mental trauma. The signs are there if you are paying attention, but he manages his outward appearance and internalizes his feelings well enough that no one pays attention. I'm willing to bet that Tommy's mother suspects he might be gay, much in the way Sam sees it, hence her collaboration with the pastor from hell. I'm scared for David too. His own implosion is coming.

Thanks Defiance!

 

Twoey was truly ready to go with Danny.

 

I think maybe David's implosion will happen in a few stages, and as usual he will surprise us at times, and, sadly, as usual at times he will not.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

That bit at the end made me feel very very sad for Twoey, losing his first love like that... what a tragedy...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..