Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 3,739 Words
  • 3,911 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 113. Week Seventeen Monday, December 22, 2014: Needy

If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there

 

Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll

 

 

***

 

 

Twoey stood in front of me, but I was facing his back. Come closer, he told me, although I could hear no voice. I did, and my erection rode into his butt-crack. It’s how I realized we were naked. Startled, I pushed him away, then turned. Soon our bodies were touching again, this time he was pressing into my rear. It’s when I heard his voice. The voice I used to hear when we communicated without talking, when he was almost dead. The voice was pleading. Don’t abandon me. Don’t leave me for the other boy.

I awoke, and was upset. It was an upsetting dream. I knew why. I’m not stupid. I knew what my subconscious was telling me. Did I have a choice to make? Should I throw Donny away, after all he’d done for me? I can’t be angry at Twoey for not being there for me. He was caught in Erik’s web, unable to get free. But Donny was there for me. It’s entirely possible I wouldn’t even be alive today if it weren’t for him. This was all too difficult for a Monday morning, especially this one.

I took a shower, removing my boot for the last time to do so, I hoped. I began to jack-off with no fantasy in mind. But it wasn’t long before I was fucking a boy in my mind. It wasn’t Twoey or Donny, but he was very muscular and seemed to be enjoying it. I fucked him harder until I spewed into his body – now the shower wall – just as he turned to reveal his face. It was David. I had fucked myself.

That was even more unsettling than the dream. Shit! I needed to rest following that little episode. After drying off, I selected a simple tee and old jeans to wear for the day. I wasn’t in a special mood, not after those two visions.

It was after nine by the time I made it downstairs for breakfast, so I had missed him. Aunt Sarah told me he’d be back from work in about an hour to take me to my appointment. I wasn’t quite sure why I was smiling so much this morning. Was it that Twoey had been extricated from Erik, that my boot was going to be getting the boot, or that I avoided eating breakfast with him? They were all good reasons to smile.

Surprisingly, Tommy wandered in.

“Whoah! Why up so early?”

“Don’t know. Maybe I’m just getting ready for the vacation.”

“Getting ready?”

He looked around, satisfied Aunt Sarah had left the kitchen. He leaned over to whisper.

“You know, being on our own and all. I’m definitely making plans.”

I was about to question what he meant, but a text arrived. It was a text from Donny, so I read it right away.

“Ready to be free?”

“Like you can’t believe.”

“There’s a place near the hospital where we can celebrate after your appointment. Let’s meet there.”

“Sounds great. Where?”

“My house.”

“O?”

“I promise I won’t attack you. My mother’s home anyway. It’s just to get together. I haven’t seen you since way last Saturday.”

“It’s only Monday morning.”

“Yeah, I’m needy.”

“So we just sit and talk?”

“Can’t rule out a random kiss. Told you I was needy.”

“OK. See you there.”

“YAY!”

I checked the clock. Dammit! There wasn’t much time and now I had a boner.

I told Tommy I’d see him later and scooted upstairs as I heard him chuckle and call after me.

“Take care of that thing before you see the doctor!”

Fucker wasn’t funny! Hehe ...yes he was. Anyway, my lateness killed the boner. I hurriedly changed all my clothes to something more ...fitting for Donny to see. I got back downstairs just as he returned from work to drive me to the hospital. One final set of X-rays and the doctor declared me healed ...mostly.

“Just don’t put much strain on the finger or leg. Don't start running again for at least another month, and never if it’s icy out. Same thing with your workouts. Stick with core stuff for about a month. By February you should be pretty bullet-proof.” He laughed as he patted my shoulder.

OMG everything felt so good. I had full use of both hands and now I could wear matching shoes too. I did just that, because I had the foresight to bring the left one along in my backpack. Tommy’s father was smiling too. I told him that he didn’t need to drive me home because I was going to spend a little time with some friends. Naturally, he didn’t bother asking who. So, naturally, I didn’t have to lie to him.

The leg felt surprisingly good on my walk to Donny’s house. I could feel it was a little weaker, but I was sure it was from babying it so much. I was confident the muscles would come back as strong as ever. Now that I had a future, I should probably walk a little more. I was so glad Ginny and I had that little discussion yesterday. I can’t believe I thought the Syracuse clinic, where they were going to help me regain my memories, was some kind of asylum.

Donny was sitting on his front steps. I sat down next to him. He gave me a quick kiss, then blushed.

I scolded him. “Not very much self-control.”

“Needy.”

Then we both laughed.

“Yesterday, I talked to my friend’s mother, who’s some kind of psychologist. She told me that place Keating was sending me isn’t a crazy farm.”

“You didn’t really think that, did you?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Ouch! No wonder you seemed so depressed Friday night.”

“Is that the reason you blew me?”

“No. I did that because I wanted to. I wanted the taste of you on my lips.”

We smiled at each other.

“Can’t we go inside? It’s a little chilly.”

“Oh, sure. But it feels good in the sun, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, it’s not so cold as other winters. I wonder if the whole winter will be like this.”

“Like the weather, or like us, together?” He smiled again, as we got up. Once inside, we removed our jackets and he brushed his hand over my shirt.

“Nice shirt, I like it.”

“Um, that’s not my shirt.” Donny had dropped his hand onto my getting-erect tool.

“I like your pants too.”

That’s when I brushed his hand away, adjusted myself, and went into the family room to greet his mother. I heard him whisper, “Needy” as I tried to hold it together.

“Oh look, David, you’re all free of that stuff clinging to you.” With Herculean effort, I maintained a steady smile on my face.

“Yes, I just got a release in the hospital.” Donny snickered, behind me.

“Well, you boys go off and play or something, but please stay for lunch.”

“Sure. Thank you.”

Donny broke us away, smiling at his mother. “Just call us whenever it’s ready. David and I will go play now.”

I giggled all the way to his room.

I looked at him and asked, “Should we play baseball or football?” Donny answered with a kiss, which he escalated as his tongue invaded my mouth.

He pulled out just long enough to say, “Hockey.” We were back at it until I broke the kiss, and then tried to calm us down.

“I don’t think we should get so out of control right now. You promised!”

Donny smiled at me and shrugged in agreement, I think. Anyway, we sat on his bed, but our legs were touching.

“What are your plans for the vacation?” He looked hopeful.

“Tomorrow, I need to shop for the silly gifts.”

“Silly gifts?”

“Yes, silly gifts. It’s a tradition in our gang. We try to buy the most outlandish gifts for each other. I usually visit each guy’s house and we exchange them. Sometimes they get together, but if they can’t, I become the Santa Claus, because I visit everyone. So anyway, I’ll buy them tomorrow in some of the little junk shops downtown.”

“That sounds like fun! Can I come with you?”

“Sure! We seem to have fun shopping; at least we did in Syracuse.”

That earned me another kiss and a hand rubbing my crotch. At exactly that moment, his mother called us to lunch. Donny chuckled as I had to adjust myself before we went into the kitchen. Pauley was there but not Barbara. I thought, if she’s with Tommy, I hope he’s careful. Donny sat next to me, with Pauley opposite. Donny was the Devil throughout lunch. Eating his food with sexy gestures and rubbing his leg against mine, he assured I had a raging boner by the time we finished. He was disappointed when I said I had to leave after lunch. He tried to get me to stay and play some more, but I needed to make one serious stop after his house, and so I got myself to the door after some strategic readjusting.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to take care of things for you? It’ll only take a few minutes in my room.”

“No! I really need to go.”

“Will you text me tomorrow before you go shopping? We can meet at Timmy’s or something.”

“I promise.”

That didn’t stop Donny from blocking me when I went in the closet for my coat. I guess the price to get out was another kiss. I paid, of course.

My destination was Twoey’s house. Yesterday at Sam’s was not enough. There was stuff we two had to talk about. Thankfully, all vestiges of my Donny-inspired boner were gone by the time I arrived. It felt good to be walking normally again.

“Oh yes! It’s you.” That was how Twoey greeted me when he opened the door.

“Hi, to you too.”

I entered and met Ginny coming out of her office. She had a bright smile and greeted me with a hug that was more than a hug of greeting. It was one of reassurance. I did a little fake tap dance with my unencumbered foot.

“I’m free!”

“How does it feel?”

“Great. I just came from the hospital. Well, I had lunch first.”

Twoey grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the stairs. “We’re going to my room for a while, Mom.”

I looked at Ginny. “I think Twoey and I need to have a talk.”

He shut the door as I sat on his bed. He sat next to me. I spoke first.

“Before we talk about things, can we talk about Erik? I’ll understand if you’re not ready, but I’m so puzzled over so many things.”

“Yes. I can talk with you about it. You’re probably the only one I can discuss this with though. There’s stuff I can’t even tell Mom yet.”

“Did he ever hit you or hurt you, aside from that slap?”

“No. He did start pushing me, you know, to leave a place if he wanted to go.”

“You let him do that?”

“Well, if I complained, he would apologize and tell me he was in a rush to get in some make-out time, or something. He always seemed to have a reward at the end, and made it sound like he was eager, and that I should be too.”

“So most of the time he was nice to you?”

“Yes. Way back in the beginning, I had told him I had a rough coming-out in Syracuse. I never gave him any particulars back then. After that, any time I wanted us to do something that involved friends, he tried to convince me they would treat me in the same way that I was in Syracuse, if they knew I was gay.”

“But you two already came out to Alex and me. Did we treat you badly?”

“No, of course not. Erik tried to convince both Mom and me that you and Alex were staying away from us because we were a gay couple.”

“Twoey, it was Erik who was keeping you away from us, and all your friends.”

“I know that now. He knew my weakness was my bad experience in Syracuse, and he used it to manipulate me. I had a long talk with Mom, and she explained quite a bit about abusive relationships. He wasn’t quite there yet, but probably in another month, he would have had me trapped. My angel saved me again.” Twoey planted a kiss on my lips.

I smiled but backed away a little. I honestly did not know how to handle Twoey at that moment. I was confused. I also remembered my dream, which didn’t help. So I continued.

“Well, it was more than only me who noticed. Are you still going through with the party on the twenty-seventh?”

“No. That is, not on that day. Mom won’t be leaving until the afternoon, and there is no way we can get everything ready without her noticing. So I’ve moved it to the next day, Sunday the twenty-eighth. I’ve talked to Sam, and he can get a DJ. It’s going to be a great party. From the few people I’ve contacted so far, I guess everyone was just itching for a party, so it’ll be epic. Deena and I are still working out the details.”

“I can’t believe Erik convinced you no one cared about you.”

“He never convinced me, but he was always probing for something else he could defend me from. Every time he could defend me was another thing I had to rely on him for. Mom explained that very well to me. I understand a lot about it now. I never told Mom, but I think it all began with my sexual naïveté. As my sexual guru, he immediately gained creds in my eyes, and he went from there.”

All this made me think of Donny. Was he my sexual guru? Whether he was or wasn’t, I didn’t think control was on his agenda. The poor kid had so little himself. He was needy. I tried very hard to keep a straight face as our little chat continued.

“So, David, you mentioned therapy sessions. Can you talk about them? Would it help? I’ll understand if you don’t want to. It is private, after all.”

“I was sexually abused.”

“What?! When? Who did it?”

“As far as we can determine, it was probably Burch and it was when I was six or seven.”

“You knew Burch?”

“Yes and no. Apparently I knew him then, but I had repressed all my childhood memories. I didn’t know that I had known him when he became my teacher. But I always hated him. I’m thinking my subconscious mind didn’t forget who he was and tried to protect me from him.”

“But he would have known who you were.”

“I’m sure he did. He must have realized I didn’t remember him.”

“What did he do to you?”

“We’re not completely sure, because I have no memory. From dreams and flashbacks, we think he rubbed me to erection. Anything else is unknown so far. Dr. Keating is sending me to a clinic after New Years, one that specializes in revealing repressed memories. I’m honestly not sure how I’m going to handle it when I do remember.”

Twoey hugged me but, after a minute, I broke away and continued.

“It all came out because I had negative reactions to certain intimate actions. I even pushed Alex away when she was my girlfriend. I guess things were starting to break out of their sealed compartments in my head. I got headaches from it too. I even collapsed at Sam’s.”

“Yeah, I remember you called me. I even told Mom.”

“And then she told Keating and I almost stopped seeing him because I thought people were talking about me behind my back. To be honest, I have no recollection of calling you about that. It’s how bad I was.”

“But you never had that reaction when you kissed me.”

“You forgot my hospital coffee runs?”

“Is that what they were all about?”

“I think so, now that I put it all in perspective.”

“And the hello and goodbye kisses?”

“They were non-emotional kisses.”

Twoey became quiet and looked at me for a long time. His eyes started to fill up.

“They were emotional kisses to me. Everything I do with you is emotional to me”

“I didn’t word that right. They were not sexually threatening to me. I enjoyed the kisses as well, Twoey. They did mean something to me. You mean something to me.”

“What do I mean to you?”

“What do you want to mean to me?”

“David, that’s not the same thing, and you know it.”

We sat there, side by side, within a kiss of each other. Would Twoey kiss me? Would I kiss him?

“I guess I should be going now.”

I slowly walked to his door and began to open it. Twoey remained on his bed. I turned to look at him and saw that his beautiful green eyes were ready to overflow with tears.

Walking back across to him, I held is head in my hands and sat down beside him again. I touched each eyelid with a kiss. Twoey was in my arms, crying into my shoulder.

“Don’t ever think you don’t mean anything to me. I will always love you, Twoey.” He squeezed me tighter.

After everything he’d been through, I realized Twoey needed some stability right now. I needed to walk a fine line. I knew I needed to not build his hopes for something I may not be able to give him. My problem was that I simply did not know how to do it. I was winging it, and this boy in my arms needed someone with a plan. For once in my life, I had no plan.

I stood and held his hand, pulling him up. We went back downstairs and to the front door. I called goodbye to Ginny who answered from her office. Then I softly kissed Twoey goodbye. I tried not to put too much into the kiss. I’m not sure how successful I was, or could ever hope to be, walking this fine line. I had a somber walk home, trying to think of any way at all to resolve all this.

Aunt Sarah greeted me when I got home. I tried to put on a happy face, showing off my freed limbs. I went up to my room and sat on my bed, staring off into space for, I don’t know how long. Tommy snapped me out of it by telling me it was time to go downstairs to eat.

Dinner was a little strange. I think Aunt Sarah and Tommy’s father wanted to ask about Alex, since she used to be around and ate with us so often, and today there was no school. Tommy knew, of course, but seemed nervous about it too for some reason. I figured what the hell! So I unloaded.

“Alex and I broke up, but we’re still friends. In fact, I think she might stop by on Christmas day.” OK ...I got that out of the way.

They were like still staring at me. Shit!

“Look, I know you had the wedding all planned out, but we knew it wasn’t right, both of us. It was a very friendly breakup. We’re both fine …Really! We love each other; we’re just not in love with each other. Stop being so concerned.”

Finally, the conversation got back to normal and I discovered a few things. I guess I’d been out every night and eating at Kory’s too much, because I missed out on a lot of news and plans. It seemed Liz will be gone, from this Friday, for a week-long trip to NYC with Greg! I immediately wondered if they would come back married. It was really very possible. Liz didn’t go in for things like big weddings. The more I thought about it, while quietly chewing my food, the more I was sure that’s what was gonna happen! I was happy. I always knew Greg was going to be my brother-in-law and I actually couldn’t wait. I wondered where they would live.

Then the shocker! Tommy’s father and Aunt Sarah will be away for the same week, visiting Grampa. I guess they decided to drive down behind Liz. I was to be responsible for keeping an eye on Tommy, but they said they really trusted us both. They’d leave us enough money to have pizza delivered or eat out, if we didn’t mooch off friends. Of course, if there were a problem with the house we couldn’t handle, Mr. Galli is only two doors away, and I was sure he would be keeping his eye on us!

The shocker wasn’t that they’d leave us alone. Tommy and I weren’t gonna throw any wild parties or do drugs or any of that shit. The shocker was the fact the dates coincide with Liz’s trip and they were all going to be in New York. Haha ...Wedding FOR SURE! I was a little miffed that they didn’t think to invite me to the wedding, but the more I thought about it, the more I understood.

I only needed to do one more thing to make absolutely certain. I texted Nels to ask what he and his family were gonna be doing over the break. He said that he and Lauri were doing Christmas Eve at his house, and he expected me over to exchange our ‘valuable’ presents. Then he said Suzie and her boyfriend Todd were going to spend from Sunday through New Years in NYC. Now I was positive. Liz would never get married without her best friend there.

Later that night, I called Donny. Thoughts of Donny were tugging at me. It was soothing to talk to him.

Before sleep hit me, I was surprised to get a call from Twoey. He wished me goodnight. So I wished him goodnight, but I kept as much emotion as I could out of it.

More guilt, I've seriously got to sort this all out.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

God, what a mess you are in now David. Disavowing your father? Fuck. For a long time I felt like David's mother was a step-mom or something because of the disconnect, but it turns out he just takes people who hurt him and chucks them into a disassociated box. Sigh. So now we have Donny putting the pressure on David to deepen their relationship, and David is hesitant because of guilt but hormones. I'm glad he had some resistance today, but that isn't going to last very long against an assault like that. Looks like Donny or Twoey or both are in for some major hurting now. David can tell Twoey that he will always love him, but it isn't enough. Twoey is trying to reach out to him now, and David is reluctant to grasp at it because he knows that if he chooses wrong then it's going to wreak even more havoc.

 

Oh look, the adults are all disappearing again! Even more of them! And it seems to be for absentee sister Liz who David suspects is getting married and she can't even bother to tell him let alone invite her siblings to her goddamned wedding!? Despite the coincidence there, that seems pretty far fetched. Would Liz honestly be that much of a bitch? Shouldn't she already feel guilty enough about everything with her brother? Sigh. David's dad only seems like a bigger moron than ever - if his son is a suicide risk, and Keating definitely should have warned dear old daddy that this was the case, why the hell would he be leaving his son alone with only Tommy around for a goddamned week? I know Ginny is there for the first couple days, but dude...

 

To be honest, that's a hella 'convenient' setup for whatever disaster (maybe? probably?) we are heading towards. Well... onwards and upwards, I guess. Nice stuff skinny.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I picked up on the "Tommy's father" comment as well. Same as "Tommy's mother". Is there no room for redemption in David's life? It seems that once someone does something wrong to him, he never forgives them. Granted, no one attempts to make amends, but surely at some point he can forgive?

 

It seems like the community has a lot of latchkey kids, in that there's not much parental supervision. More than that though, it seems like no one's trying to teach these kids how to be good people. Maybe it's a matter of not having enough time to do so, and the adults themselves do seem to be having things a bit rough. Actually... I just noticed that there are very few complete nuclear families in Twoey. I wonder if that has anything to do with how the kids are acting, and what we can glean from that knowledge.

 

Twoey obviously still loves David. David still loves Twoey. They're acting like teenagers. I'm obviously on team Twoey, but they're acting like little fools because no one's taught them how to handle their emotions. I wish they'd talked longer. There's obviously a lot that's been left unsaid, that they really need to get out into the open if they want to have any kind of normal relationship with each other.

 

Another good chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything concludes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Nice to see David and Twoey spending time alone together, even if it's hard for them. David doesn't appear to be able to be what either Twoey or Donny need right now. He himself is the one who is most needy.

 

Adults disappearing? Note to David's Dad...no! You have an emotionally fragile son processing painful and serious issues. You have to be present to him. Period.

 

That David's fault lines should be showing now is understandable. Crack and fractures in his mind appear everywhere, as the seismic stress on his psyche must be tremendous...Donny, Twoey, Burch, church, Danny, parental loss, self revelations...if David holds it together, it would be a miracle. And Dad wants to leave David in charge of Tommy? Criminal.

 

And so I wonder if David's father isn't merely clueless....sorry. I promised to stop speculating. I swear.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ok your characters are pissing me off again SD, so mission accomplished! :lol:

 

Not so much David and Twoey for once, though I do wonder how they're going to to screw things up on their own when all the parents go out of town. Is this party Twoey has planned going to end in some kind of disaster, or will it be a big David/Twoey moment. Will Erik get involved somehow or is he really taken care of? It's clear that Twoey's flame for David really is burning just as bright as ever. Obviously things are a mess between them. And getting Donny into the mix is making me sad now. I've joked about Team Donny and all that, but he really seems to be falling for David and he's going to get hurt. He's a really sweet guy and he'd make someone a great boyfriend. It's just sad he got involved with emotionally damaged David. However he's known David's issues all along, so it's kind of his own fault. At least David is keeping some distance from Twoey at the moment.

 

David's father... Not my favorite character as you well know, but seriously what the hell is wrong with that man. The thing is, he's not like his wife was at all. David had good reason to disown that woman, the whole family did. But his father isn't malicious like that. I think he does care about David, he was happy when he got the boot off, but it's like the man is incapable of being there for his family. A trip to New York right now? Really? If Liz really is getting married that's seriously fucked up. Though I have this inkling that David may have a misconception here. Anyway, is it just me or has Dad still not even talked to David about the treatment center. I personally don't believe that the man is beyond redemption; this family needs to start communicating with each other. Instead of David shutting out his Dad for the obvious mistakes, there should be a confrontation and resolution. But why oh why, after all that had gone on in this family, would they just go off and leave David and Tommy alone during the holidays? There's a lot of disfunction here.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Needy? Donny says that he is needy, but he's not the only one! David needs some adult guidance but all the adults are skipping town! Twoey needs someone to fill the void after Erik's much applauded departure, and he's hoping that David will be the one, but David is still trying to find a solid base to latch onto while he recovers. He seems to question whether Donny is that base, even though he admits that Donny did help him to uncover some of the deeply repressed feelings inside him.

 

And those of us on Team Twoey are needy! We need to see a clear path to D & T getting together permanently, as the sun sinks slowly in the west and the credits roll!! But nothing is that straightforward in Skinnyland, it seems! Looking at the other reviews it's pretty clear that the characters in this story have come to life in your readers' minds! Well done, Skinny, and, as always, thank you for sharing it with us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Okay, this is just so typical: everyone seems surprised that David's father is leaving town at a crucial time. It didn't come as a shock to me, nor the way David has reacted to things in his life throughout the story: no one in that family confronts any issue head on, let alone talk about it to anyone who might help. David has no examples of involved and listening adults to set an example. His grandfather has offered support, but note it's always by phone and mostly involves throwing money at it.
Once again David is hiding from the choices he must make in his life, Donny or Twoey. He is letting (unsurprisingly) events dictate his actions, like a good little maze-rat. Far be it for him to be proactive. He is a creature of the moment, a chameleon who is a reflection of those around him...until too many forces pull him apart.
We know the stronger bond is with Twoey, but that is also the one he feels most threatened by--it is a much too revealing choice for his inner self. Donny is the safe one who is content to see only what David shows him.
It may not be a rubber room awaiting at the clinic in Syracuse, but it's going to be one very soon. David fucking himself is entirely the right metaphor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Tommy's father huh! Well, he deserves it. Maybe it's a learned condition within the family where there is awareness but no action. That has trickled down into the family unit. I can't even fathom the dad's decision to leave David, who the doctor suggested may be mentally unstable. And to leave him in charge of his brother when he's battling his own demons. His persistent absence from his family literally and figuratively is so frustrating for me.

 

Donny and David, Twoey and David... I feel badly for Donny when David chooses Twoey. But, needy as he is, it's what David needs now. It sucks to be the person who makes you better for someone else.. Maybe Donny knows on some level that David will be gone soon, so he's trying to get his reward at least..?

 


So what now SkinnyD.... Waiting for the drop..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2016 03:07 PM, Timothy M. said:

Tommy's father. So many interesting unsaid things hidden in those two words. :o

Thanks, Tim!

 

Yes, there are.

 

And we have experience in knowing where it eventually leads.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2016 03:35 PM, Lux Apollo said:

God, what a mess you are in now David. Disavowing your father? Fuck. For a long time I felt like David's mother was a step-mom or something because of the disconnect, but it turns out he just takes people who hurt him and chucks them into a disassociated box. Sigh. So now we have Donny putting the pressure on David to deepen their relationship, and David is hesitant because of guilt but hormones. I'm glad he had some resistance today, but that isn't going to last very long against an assault like that. Looks like Donny or Twoey or both are in for some major hurting now. David can tell Twoey that he will always love him, but it isn't enough. Twoey is trying to reach out to him now, and David is reluctant to grasp at it because he knows that if he chooses wrong then it's going to wreak even more havoc.

 

Oh look, the adults are all disappearing again! Even more of them! And it seems to be for absentee sister Liz who David suspects is getting married and she can't even bother to tell him let alone invite her siblings to her goddamned wedding!? Despite the coincidence there, that seems pretty far fetched. Would Liz honestly be that much of a bitch? Shouldn't she already feel guilty enough about everything with her brother? Sigh. David's dad only seems like a bigger moron than ever - if his son is a suicide risk, and Keating definitely should have warned dear old daddy that this was the case, why the hell would he be leaving his son alone with only Tommy around for a goddamned week? I know Ginny is there for the first couple days, but dude...

 

To be honest, that's a hella 'convenient' setup for whatever disaster (maybe? probably?) we are heading towards. Well... onwards and upwards, I guess. Nice stuff skinny.

Thanks, lux!

 

I guess you can't walk out on David and expect him to love you ...EVER AGAIN.

 

That could bode ill for Twoey if David sees him in that way.

(I guess that would be a +1 for Team Donny.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2016 04:07 PM, Hunter Thomson said:

I picked up on the "Tommy's father" comment as well. Same as "Tommy's mother". Is there no room for redemption in David's life? It seems that once someone does something wrong to him, he never forgives them. Granted, no one attempts to make amends, but surely at some point he can forgive?

 

It seems like the community has a lot of latchkey kids, in that there's not much parental supervision. More than that though, it seems like no one's trying to teach these kids how to be good people. Maybe it's a matter of not having enough time to do so, and the adults themselves do seem to be having things a bit rough. Actually... I just noticed that there are very few complete nuclear families in Twoey. I wonder if that has anything to do with how the kids are acting, and what we can glean from that knowledge.

 

Twoey obviously still loves David. David still loves Twoey. They're acting like teenagers. I'm obviously on team Twoey, but they're acting like little fools because no one's taught them how to handle their emotions. I wish they'd talked longer. There's obviously a lot that's been left unsaid, that they really need to get out into the open if they want to have any kind of normal relationship with each other.

 

Another good chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything concludes.

Thanks, Hunter!

 

A person like David can express forgiveness only if he feels safe. (remember his no-hate campaign?) --which might explain how unsafe he feels right now.

 

Twoey and David do need to talk more, ad in #114 Twoey will realize that also. Hopefully (for Team Twoey) it's not already too late. It is almost New Year's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/22/2016 10:08 PM, Parker Owens said:

Nice to see David and Twoey spending time alone together, even if it's hard for them. David doesn't appear to be able to be what either Twoey or Donny need right now. He himself is the one who is most needy.

 

Adults disappearing? Note to David's Dad...no! You have an emotionally fragile son processing painful and serious issues. You have to be present to him. Period.

 

That David's fault lines should be showing now is understandable. Crack and fractures in his mind appear everywhere, as the seismic stress on his psyche must be tremendous...Donny, Twoey, Burch, church, Danny, parental loss, self revelations...if David holds it together, it would be a miracle. And Dad wants to leave David in charge of Tommy? Criminal.

 

And so I wonder if David's father isn't merely clueless....sorry. I promised to stop speculating. I swear.

Thanks, Parker!

 

Yep! The exactly wrong moment to abandon his son. And clearly David has been feeling this coming on. He's already moved his Dad to 'Tommy's father.' We know where that ends up, too.

 

David is beyond spiraling--he's in free fall.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/23/2016 12:39 AM, spikey582 said:

Ok your characters are pissing me off again SD, so mission accomplished! :lol:

 

Not so much David and Twoey for once, though I do wonder how they're going to to screw things up on their own when all the parents go out of town. Is this party Twoey has planned going to end in some kind of disaster, or will it be a big David/Twoey moment. Will Erik get involved somehow or is he really taken care of? It's clear that Twoey's flame for David really is burning just as bright as ever. Obviously things are a mess between them. And getting Donny into the mix is making me sad now. I've joked about Team Donny and all that, but he really seems to be falling for David and he's going to get hurt. He's a really sweet guy and he'd make someone a great boyfriend. It's just sad he got involved with emotionally damaged David. However he's known David's issues all along, so it's kind of his own fault. At least David is keeping some distance from Twoey at the moment.

 

David's father... Not my favorite character as you well know, but seriously what the hell is wrong with that man. The thing is, he's not like his wife was at all. David had good reason to disown that woman, the whole family did. But his father isn't malicious like that. I think he does care about David, he was happy when he got the boot off, but it's like the man is incapable of being there for his family. A trip to New York right now? Really? If Liz really is getting married that's seriously fucked up. Though I have this inkling that David may have a misconception here. Anyway, is it just me or has Dad still not even talked to David about the treatment center. I personally don't think that the man is beyond redemption, I just think this family needs to start communicating with each other. Instead of David shutting out his Dad for the obvious mistakes, there should be a confrontation and resolution. But why oh why after all that had gone on in this family would they just go off and leave David and Tommy alone during the holidays. There's a lot of dosfunction here.

Thanks, Spikey!

 

Well, the family IS going to hang around for Christmas.

They're leaving Dec. 26. And right, we only know what David surmises (about it being a wedding).

 

I agree that Donny is falling for David. Now how does David feel? I have a sneaking suspicion we're close to finding out.

I think he has a history of not handling internal conflict very well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/23/2016 07:23 AM, jess30519 said:

Needy? Donny says that he is needy, but he's not the only one! David needs some adult guidance but all the adults are skipping town! Twoey needs someone to fill the void after Erik's much applauded departure, and he's hoping that David will be the one, but David is still trying to find a solid base to latch onto while he recovers. He seems to question whether Donny is that base, even though he admits that Donny did help him to uncover some of the deeply repressed feelings inside him.

 

And those of us on Team Twoey are needy! We need to see a clear path to D & T getting together permanently, as the sun sinks slowly in the west and the credits roll!! But nothing is that straightforward in Skinnyland, it seems! Looking at the other reviews it's pretty clear that the characters in this story have come to life in your readers' minds! Well done, Skinny, and, as always, thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks for the kind comments, jess!

 

Lots of stuff is yet to be resolved and our hero stinks at finding the correct resolution. :P

 

I WAS going to stretch the last chapters out so we would have resolution on the States' Nov. 8th election day resolution. Sort of a twofer for Twoey. But that would be just cruel.

 

The story began on August 7, 2015 and will end on September 7, 2016--unless I drown while sailing off Maine.

 

If that happens, Spikey promised to finish the story. :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/23/2016 09:53 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Okay, this is just so typical: everyone seems surprised that David's father is leaving town at a crucial time. It didn't come as a shock to me, nor the way David has reacted to things in his life throughout the story: no one in that family confronts any issue head on, let alone talk about it to anyone who might help. David has no examples of involved and listening adults to set an example. His grandfather has offered support, but note it's always by phone and mostly involves throwing money at it.

Once again David is hiding from the choices he must make in his life, Donny or Twoey. He is letting (unsurprisingly) events dictate his actions, like a good little maze-rat. Far be it for him to be proactive. He is a creature of the moment, a chameleon who is a reflection of those around him...until too many forces pull him apart.

We know the stronger bond is with Twoey, but that is also the one he feels most threatened by--it is a much too revealing choice for his inner self. Donny is the safe one who is content to see only what David shows him.

It may not be a rubber room awaiting at the clinic in Syracuse, but it's going to be one very soon. David fucking himself is entirely the right metaphor.

Thanks, CG!

 

Hey, are you reading ahead?

 

A maze-rat. What a wonderful concept. I wish I had put that phrase into David's mouth when he came to the same conclusion you did!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/26/2016 05:32 AM, Defiance19 said:

Tommy's father huh! Well, he deserves it. Maybe it's a learned condition within the family where there is awareness but no action. That has trickled down into the family unit. I can't even fathom the dad's decision to leave David, who the doctor suggested may be mentally unstable. And to leave him in charge of his brother when he's battling his own demons. His persistent absence from his family literally and figuratively is so frustrating for me.

 

Donny and David, Twoey and David... I feel badly for Donny when David chooses Twoey. But, needy as he is, it's what David needs now. It sucks to be the person who makes you better for someone else.. Maybe Donny knows on some level that David will be gone soon, so he's trying to get his reward at least..?

 

 

So what now SkinnyD.... Waiting for the drop..

Thanks, Def!

 

Haha--He probably should have left Tommy in charge of David. :)

 

Donny's reward. Wonder what that will do to David's being-in-control of his life. :o

 

Well, whatever happens, it's approaching fast. Faster than David can dodge the bullets. I think everyone sort of realizes that by now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yep, I caught on to the 'Tommy's father' bit too. Soon he might become TMWSFRN. No, David needs to confront him. I agree with all your readers: His father is absolutely INSANE to take off and leave DAVID in charge of TOMMY!! Aunt Sarah's insane also! Don't tell me Tommy's father hasn't said a word about David's sexual abuse to her. Keating spoke with Tommy's father -- how the HELL can he take off and leave his sons alone?

 

And if LIz is truly getting married -- who the HELL is going to want that? Did she get knocked up? Isn't she only a year or two older than David? It's preposterous! The only married senior in the school. Ridiculous. Why couldn't the rest of the family (David and Tommy) be there? So David won't have any adult to talk to if he needs it? Wonderful.

 

Ok, next chapter...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/14/2016 11:57 AM, Lisa said:

Yep, I caught on to the 'Tommy's father' bit too. Soon he might become TMWSFRN. No, David needs to confront him. I agree with all your readers: His father is absolutely INSANE to take off and leave DAVID in charge of TOMMY!! Aunt Sarah's insane also! Don't tell me Tommy's father hasn't said a word about David's sexual abuse to her. Keating spoke with Tommy's father -- how the HELL can he take off and leave his sons alone?

 

And if LIz is truly getting married -- who the HELL is going to want that? Did she get knocked up? Isn't she only a year or two older than David? It's preposterous! The only married senior in the school. Ridiculous. Why couldn't the rest of the family (David and Tommy) be there? So David won't have any adult to talk to if he needs it? Wonderful.

 

Ok, next chapter...

Thanks, Lisa!

 

Haha--you sounded exactly like a spikey rant!

 

That's what you get for binge reading chapters of Twoey!

 

Now take my advice. The next several chapters are even MORE emotionally challenging and intense, so take your time reading them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..