Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,914 Words
  • 5,217 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 4. Week One Thursday, September 4, 2014: The Proposition

The day began so hot and sauna-like. After our run I definitely knew that I wasn't gonna be dressing up--Sorry Gary. So after my shower I just threw on basketball shorts and a light beige cotton tee that said: ADMIT IT I'M HOT! Haha ...and I knew I was gonna be ...All Day! Depending on the weather or humidity my hair can be quite a mess. It even changes color a bit. It’s less blond and more light brown streaky--really mousy! Ugh! My mother always hints I should have it cut, but that ain’t never gonna happen. Today was one of those days.

I was finishing my usual bowl of a little whole-grain cereal and lots of fruit when my sister Liz came to the kitchen table and sat down.

What? Hold on!

Normally by now she's been long out the door, having been picked up by her boyfriend Greg Barton. Tommy walked into the kitchen stopped in his tracks and raised his eyebrows. “Greg sick today? You wear him out last night?”

“Very funny Tommy. Do you want me to tell him you said that?”

Just at that moment there was a knock on the door. Tommy went over, opened the door and squeaked, “Greg!”

Greg Barton is a big fullback on the football team and he and Liz have been dating for ...hmm... forever, I guess. He’s all muscles and about 6'1" and has always had a brown brush-cut. Handsome in the bulky kind of way, but Greg seems nice. Actually I only knew this from observation because I don't think Greg has ever even noticed that I happen to live in the same house with his girlfriend and, no doubt, future wife.

“Hi Tommy, I just came by to get Liz.”

Now this was strange because he never comes into the house in the morning. Walking over, he kissed Liz on the cheek but looked right at ME and said, “Hi David, how ya doin' today? I see you're dressed for the weather.” These were more words than he had ever spoken to me, I think, in total.

“Um...”--trying to swallow my last bite--“Hey Greg! Yeah ...gonna be super hot today. This is when I wished I had my hair cut short like yours ...ya know?”

“Yeah, well, ...uh, David ...you're not going with anybody right now, are you?”

WHAT THE FUCK? Was he in league with my gossipy mother too???

“No...?”

“Well, do you know my sister Kathy?” My mind started to swirl ...where was this going?

“I know a couple of Kathys, but I don't know any Kathy Barton.”

“Oh sure, I'm sorry ...let me get a picture.” He found one on his phone and showed it to me. I did recognize her.

“Oh yeah I know her, she's nice. I didn't know she was your sister, Greg. But her name is Kathy Bailey.

“Yeah that's confusing; she's my half-sister. I was less than a year old when my mom got married again, but I have my real father's last name.”

Well, that cleared up half of my puzzlement. I sorta knew her. She seemed like a nice girl. I knew that I helped her with some math in study hall last year.

“OK, well what about her? Wait ...I think Kathy's in my math class this year.”

“Yeah ...well, um ...David, I uh ...already knew that. Um ...this is sorta hard for me, but she's going through a little rough time right now. Seems her asshole boyfriend was cheating on her and she's feeling really depressed and sorta needs a friend, if ya know what I mean. I really love her a lot, David, and I'm worried about her. She was crying last night and I was trying to console her when she mentioned that there was a new kid in her Math class who sat next to...” I interrupted him.

“Oh sure, Twoey! I know him! You want me to introduce them? That's no problem.”

“No, uh ...no that's not it. Um ...that wasn't the ...um ...whole thing. She said there was a new kid who sat next to a boy she really liked because he seemed so nice. She mentioned you, David”

Oh wow! This was seriously not what I thought was going to happen in this conversation, but some new patterns began to race through my brain. This might work to my advantage. It could add a new dimension to THE PLAN!

“What are you suggesting, Greg?” I had to be perfectly clear about this. I had to get it right.

“Well, that's why I made sure you weren't going with anyone. This is really awkward. I'm not trying to hook you up, but since she thinks you're a nice guy, maybe if you could just talk to her and be a friend to her, I think she really needs one right now. I don't expect you to go out with her or anything, unless you want to, of course, I didn't mean for you NOT to ...but I didn't mean I WANT you to go out with her ...Jeez David, can you even follow what I'm trying to say?”

I chuckled. “Hehe ...yeah I get it. No, don't worry. I really think she's nice; I'll talk to her and try to lift her spirits a bit. Maybe it'll be good for me too cuz I've been sort of irritable these last couple of days, myself.”

Greg came right over and gave me a big bear hug--You have not been hugged unless you've been hugged by a fullback! "Thanks David, this means so much to me! I owe you big time.” By then my sister, who had said NOTHING throughout this entire exchange, stood up and ...they left!

Just standing there like an idiot, I looked at Tommy. Tommy smirked and looked right back at me. There was a pregnant moment of total silence. Then he grinned. “You know you've been set up, right?”

I returned his smirk. “There’s not a doubt in my mind! My only question is: was it by Liz, by Greg, by Kathy or by your mother?”

Tommy recoiled in shock. “MY mother?”

“Yeah Tommy, this is the last straw. I'm giving you all my shares in Mother.Inc” I was finished with that witch, once and forever!!

And I did visit Kathy in math. I’ll take her to Timmy’s tomorrow after school. See ...I am a nice guy!

After school today was a swim-fest at the lake. It felt so fine down there that there were times I actually forgot all about the shit that seemed to be closing in on me lately. We needed a few more hot days like this cuz swimming seems to be therapeutic for me. It was a good thing I had a decent lunch because we were at the lake till it got dark. I wasn’t even hungry when I got home.

Not that I could have eaten any of Tommy’s mother’s crap anyway.

Twoey

It was hot today. He was hot today. And so, Blondie wore hardly ANY clothes! My eyes and brain tried to soak him up and save him for later tonight, and tomorrow morning too, no doubt. I guess because it was pretty humid, his hair looked mangled--poor guy.

David ignored me again during the morning run, the walk to school, and really for most of the day. At least Danny kept me busy on the way to school. I still get that little ping off Danny. Shit! I need to control my hormoverload.

Before math even began, and without ever looking at me, he walked right past and went to the back corner to sit down next to a cute little brunette and talked to her until just before class started. She was actually looking pretty sad, but after a few moments started to shyly smile at him. When he came back I heard the redhead ask him, “Kathy your new girlfriend David?” He blushed and said no, that she just needed a little cheering up. The redhead said, “I know, that fucking bastard Cal!”

David said, “Cal Jacobs?”

“Yes, that son of a bitch!”

“Jesus Terri, I didn't know he was the guy she was going with! He's on my Cross Country team.”

Later at lunch David filled everyone in on the cheating and said he was going to take the brunette, Kathy, to Tim Horton's Friday after school for ice-caps or something to make her feel a little better.

When he mentioned that, I noticed Sam tense up. Gary dropped his sandwich. I know Danny’s eyes got bigger for just a moment. There’s some shit going on with this gang that I never realized before. I think I’m gonna have to start paying closer attention to all these little non-verbal clues.

Lockers got assigned in gym today. Mine is right above David’s. That’s not really such a coincidence ...they were assigned alphabetically. Now the only thing I have to discover is a way to not look at him when we change. OMG what am I going to do when we take a shower?

Memo to Twoey: Needed--one memory compartment filled with cock-shriveling images.

But the BIG news was that to celebrate the extreme and unusual heat today, the gang decided to meet at the lake after school to swim! It'll be snowing pretty soon, so we have to take advantage of these little bonus days. I’m from Syracuse; I know all about snow. The only decision for me, as I stood in my bedroom, was Speedo or board shorts? I decided board shorts would be safer for my inevitable boner around Blondie.

When I got to the lake everyone was in board shorts--good call, Twoey. Starting with some Frisbee to loosen us up, we progressed to swinging from a rope into the water and then to swimming and acting like idiots for hours, until the sun was about to set.

During that time I witnessed an astonishing thing. It stunned me, but made me warm inside, sorta. There were more than a few stretches when a happy and carefree David peeked out from behind the cautious and guarded guy I’d been observing since I got to Daleville. Laughter and smiles bubbled out of him--playful and almost childlike. It was sorta like watching a 9 year old kid frolic and cavort. That must have been the real David--which tells me a great deal. It was simply screaming at me. Something was seriously bothering him, badly eating at him. The real David was truly heart-stopping--at least my heart.

I want that guy to be my guy! .........I know, I know ...but Jesus!

OK, changing the subject a bit, a few items to note:

1) Gary swims like a fish,

2) David is hot and has a perfect body without big muscles,

3) Danny has a perfect body with muscles,

4) Danny touches David a lot,

4 again) Danny. Touches. David. a lot,

5) I couldn't find a tattoo on Sam, but then I didn't have the pleasure of checking under his shorts ...yet. Also, for a guy who's into no sport except Frisbee, Sam has a pretty nice physique, and

6) Danny still pings.

 

I should say a prayer of thanksgiving tonight that I fell into a pile of eye-candy here in Daleville.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I liked this chapter too, SD. I sort of wondered before, but I'm thinking now that Danny has a thing for David...maybe Twoey should think about him rather than the repressed David?
More please, my friend!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I agree with CG; it sounds like Danny likes David as more than friends. I wonder if David ever noticed that Danny touches him so much.

 

David was so nice doing his good deed for the day. Greg was cute when he got all flustered in asking David. Now why did Sam tense up when David explained about Kathy and how he was going to take her to that Tim's place. Does Sam like Kathy?

 

Terrific chapter (again!), SkinnyD! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/16/2015 12:58 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I liked this chapter too, SD. I sort of wondered before, but I'm thinking now that Danny has a thing for David...maybe Twoey should think about him rather than the repressed David?

More please, my friend!

Thanks CG!

You've sussed more than you can even imagine: One of the four crossroads of David's journey! Stay tuned, as my father used to say :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/16/2015 01:15 PM, Lisa said:

I agree with CG; it sounds like Danny likes David as more than friends. I wonder if David ever noticed that Danny touches him so much.

 

David was so nice doing his good deed for the day. Greg was cute when he got all flustered in asking David. Now why did Sam tense up when David explained about Kathy and how he was going to take her to that Tim's place. Does Sam like Kathy?

 

Terrific chapter (again!), SkinnyD! :)

Aw thanks Lisa!

I'm sorry this posted so soon after the last chapter. Judging from how long they "reviewed" my first 3 chapters, I thought it would post Monday, but it got up in about an hour!! I'll try to slow them down a bit.

The next chapter will be the first 'meaty' part.

So pay attention ...haha ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sam likes Kathy...I think, and Danny. Touches. David. A lot! Twoey's POV is awesome.
I love this story. (will come back with the likes) I just read all 4 chapters. It's wonderfully fun and very well written.
Waiting for these to to be on the same page, or not is going to be an interesting time. I look forward to more.

 

Well done SkinnyD

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/16/2015 04:35 PM, Defiance19 said:

Sam likes Kathy...I think, and Danny. Touches. David. A lot! Twoey's POV is awesome.

I love this story. (will come back with the likes) I just read all 4 chapters. It's wonderfully fun and very well written.

Waiting for these to to be on the same page, or not is going to be an interesting time. I look forward to more.

 

Well done SkinnyD

Hey Thanks Defiance!

I'm glad you found the story and gladder that you like it!!

:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This is a great chapter. Complications, and more splendid complications can come from this. I really feel for poor Twoey - wanting the unhappy David, but maybe ready to settle for someone else? Is he too scarred to fight for someone he really wants? Nice plot ideas in chapter 4.
Does it now go without saying that I want to see more? soon?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/17/2015 11:49 PM, Parker Owens said:

This is a great chapter. Complications, and more splendid complications can come from this. I really feel for poor Twoey - wanting the unhappy David, but maybe ready to settle for someone else? Is he too scarred to fight for someone he really wants? Nice plot ideas in chapter 4.

Does it now go without saying that I want to see more? soon?

Thank You Parker, for all four reviews!

Yes, David is being tossed around by emotional and physical waves. Twoey is ready to explore his sexuality. Smells like trouble ahead. Lots of days to go until New Year's Eve.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

There is definitely more to this group of friends than meets the eye.

 

I'm gonna be honest, the whole "Sam likes Kathy" thing flew over my head :facepalm: I thought he got upset over the fact that Kathy was treated horribly by her ex.
Danny... he's shaping out to being a very interesting character. I wonder why David hasn't picked up on how often Danny touches him. I mean, he's so worried about being branded as gay that he's implemented a plan to keep Twoey at bay on such a fear.

 

As for Twoey, at least we know he's in gay teen heaven, what with all the eye-candy :gikkle: Overall, I'm just happy he's seen David with his guard let down.

 

Now, I keep forgetting to include this, so here goes: I really like how you write a chapter for each day. Not many stories do that. For many, a chapter may skip a few days. Main reason being that not much really happened on those days, or at least anything relevant to the story. So I really appreciate how you are writing every single day between the beginning and ending of 18 Weeks.

 

Thank you Skinny for another amazing chapter! :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/07/2016 02:27 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

There is definitely more to this group of friends than meets the eye.

 

I'm gonna be honest, the whole "Sam likes Kathy" thing flew over my head :facepalm: I thought he got upset over the fact that Kathy was treated horribly by her ex.

Danny... he's shaping out to being a very interesting character. I wonder why David hasn't picked up on how often Danny touches him. I mean, he's so worried about being branded as gay that he's implemented a plan to keep Twoey at bay on such a fear.

 

As for Twoey, at least we know he's in gay teen heaven, what with all the eye-candy :gikkle: Overall, I'm just happy he's seen David with his guard let down.

 

Now, I keep forgetting to include this, so here goes: I really like how you write a chapter for each day. Not many stories do that. For many, a chapter may skip a few days. Main reason being that not much really happened on those days, or at least anything relevant to the story. So I really appreciate how you are writing every single day between the beginning and ending of 18 Weeks.

 

Thank you Skinny for another amazing chapter! :hug:

Hey Drew thanks for the great comments!

 

I think the fact Danny and David grew up together makes David accept all the 'touches' as simply how Danny is with him. Twoey, the outsider, sees it quite differently, naturally.

 

I thought quite a bit about the wisdom of the daily story. I decided, as in real life, events which don't seem to directly influence a situation do, in fact, have some bearing on it. Thinking back to high school, every single thing affected me and thus contributed to how I reacted to events.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I just started reading this wonderful story, Skinnydragon, and I'm completely hooked! You've created a delightful cast of characters. Definitely reading more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/08/2016 06:32 AM, Ronyx said:

I just started reading this wonderful story, Skinnydragon, and I'm completely hooked! You've created a delightful cast of characters. Definitely reading more.

Thanks Ron!

 

I'm glad you are enjoying it! It isn't all light and fluffy though--just a warning ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..