Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,773 Words
  • 4,509 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 16. Week Three Tuesday September 16, 2014: Crime and Punishment

We have to be prepared to conquer fate.

 

I read the whole first half of Crime and Punishment today. Fitting, I guess. Anyway, I had to keep a list of all those big Russian names and who they were in the story. I mean, I can keep Raskolnikov and Sonya Marmeladov straight. But then Svidrigailov, Petrovich, Lebezyatnikov? Well, you get what I mean. Maybe if you're Russian. Anyway, I started giving them nicknames like 'Sid' and 'Pete' and 'Lee' only to keep them in my head better, and I hated fucking nicknames!! Jeesh!

Anyway, I was taking notes. You never know when you might need stuff in the next couple of years. It could save me a lot of time as a junior or senior. I always did this with important books. Like a good little Boy Scout, David was always prepared ...haha!

I also spent a lot of time trying to physically work out. I wasn't allowed to run and I’d get feeble lying around all week. Every hour I did a few sets of push-ups and sit-ups. I tried some isometric stuff cuz I couldn’t find anything in my room as a substitute for weights. Running in place was boring. At least I built up a little appetite, so I ate the tuna sandwich she delivered, even if it was made on chemical bread.

Finally XCountry practice must have ended cuz I heard Gary downstairs, showing up with my assignments. Tommy’s mother wouldn't let us talk because--I'm on total grounding or something! She delivered them to me up here in my cell. Anyway, as I was looking over these stapled sheets of my assignments, one was simply a big note to me from Gary. I guess he knew we wouldn't be able to talk. He sent the News of the Day, as he titled it. Gary's super cool!

News of The Day

1. Twoey is OK. He’ll live. He only got a split lip. You can go back to hating him. HAHA!

2. Biggy only has a few bruises and the football guys say he’s OK too.

3. The football guys have been texting Biggy telling him he was being an ass. According to Larry Lewis, they’re trying to clean up their image and Biggy is setting the program back. Not from your fight but from the bullying they say he did to cause the fight.

4. You seem to have a friend in Larry Lewis.

5. Kathy is proud of you standing up for your friend Twoey.

6. Greg told Kathy she has a real special boyfriend who isn't afraid of anything when honor is at stake.

7. Kathy can’t wait for Saturday night and your next date at the movies.

8. Nels said this time he and Lauri will double date with you guys.

9. They’re all hoping you can spend the whole day doing stuff, and end up at the movies. I guess a lot will depend on when you get un-grounded.

10. So don’t do anything to piss off your mother!

11. Mr. Burch wouldn’t give me your assignments. He said you wouldn’t really be punished if you could sit home and do your work. I guess you’ll get them all at once from him when you’re back.

 

BOYFRIEND???

I was starting to feel sick. Without being able to be there to end this non-relationship or even say anything, it was going to be created for me. This wasn't really very good. Not good at all! It was horrible--out of control! I was certainly out of communication with everyone. Well, I’ll have no choice but to deal with this shit as soon I return to civilization. I fully intend to deal with it. No more worrying about anyone’s hurt feelings!

I was glad Biggy only had a few bruises. I never had any problems with him in the past. I even felt a little guilty. He probably hated me now too.

Larry Lewis is the quarterback and captain of the team. I have a friend in Larry Lewis?

Fuck Burch. I know how to read and prepare. I suppose it would make for a lot of writing when I get back. He’ll probably give me like only one night to get it all finished too. Don't worry fucker, you'll get yours. I can make you look like the idiot you are.

Well, so much for today's News of the Day. Back to Dostoyevsky. Nah, I think I'll give him a rest until tomorrow. I'll do my assignments instead. But first lots more push-ups and sit-ups. Now I had a ton of aggression to work off. Gary’s news had me way too worked up to read anyway. Fuck! Fuckfuckfuck!!

I was sitting on the floor, wiping my sweaty head with my shirt when Tommy stuck his head in the door.

“Hey brother, sucks to be total-grounded! I don’t think you ever been plain grounded before!”

And the little fucker laughed before he said, “It’s OK, I been total-grounded lots ...you’ll recover. Hey, you’ll be glad to know the fight is bouncing all over middle school! My friends say my brother is badass. I’m proud of ya!”

OMG what kind of a reputation was I getting?

Of course, one of the worst things about being grounded was not being able to go to Kory’s for real food. She didn’t even care when she came up to retrieve my virtually untouched plate. After my near brush with dinner, Dad came in and had a private little talk with me about the fight. He also explained to me a bit about adrenaline and what it does to your body. Now I think I get why it was hard for me to remember the details of what happened. At least he sort of understood, although I never could understand the guy much. I mean how he thinks.

 

Twoey

“The plan’s already in motion!” He was crowing during our morning run.

“Gary, you’ve gotta be careful! What if David doesn’t want a relationship with Kathy. Did you ever think of that?”

“Don’t be stupid! Of course he does. He’s been complaining to me about not having a girlfriend for a month now. Kathy’s pretty, he likes her, she obviously likes him, this is only natural. We’re simply pushing him along a little. You know how he is. He’ll over-think this thing to death before he even gives her a first kiss. Nah, he wants this, but he’s plainly too shy to even get out of the gate.”

No way was I going to be able to change his mind.

A terrible thing happened as I walked into math today. Terri entered right behind me. She mentioned the fight and checked out my injury, but I didn't think that's what she was doing at all. She was hitting on me. Her hands were all over my body as she examined my face. She even told me I should find someone to kiss, to make my lips all better! Oh God! All I needed was another football player to be mad at me! Especially a junior! Sitting down, I put my head right into the math book and started to read. I didn’t even dare look at her! Maybe without the distraction of David next to me I'd be able to do better in math, but I didn’t need the distraction of Terri!

It was rather hollow in school today without David. I could see now how much of the vibe of the lunchroom revolved around him. You know, just when he was opening up to me and even invited me to his room and really talked to me, suddenly he’s grounded and on ice for a whole week. We’ll probably be back to square one when he returns next week. And speaking of ice, Danny is definitely playing it cool with me, almost cold. Maybe he got some of the hate out of his system Saturday and doesn't need me anymore. Whatever. I didn't know if my body could take too much Danny anyway. He was too strong! But I couldn't help the feeling I was falling for the little redhead. No, who am I kidding? It’s not a feeling ...I was!

Erik reminded me tomorrow was Wednesday. I think I've recovered enough to have a little 'Erik time.' In a way, I sort of missed him. The groping in gym didn't count. We could only go so far in there. Poor Matty was like a dog who lost his toy. I tried to talk to him a bit more at lunch. Danny looked pissed off with everyone at lunch.

I wondered if Danny was pissed off at me because I didn’t come out as clearly against Gary and Nels as he had. He’s gotta realize I have no influence, being the outsider. Look how much luck I had with Gary this morning! Maybe it would be different if it was next year or something, but I’ve only been here like two weeks! I didn’t really get to vote on stuff. But I knew they’re wrong and might even hurt David in some way. I was briefly tempted to find a way to interfere with their dangerous little plot, without them knowing. Ungh--bad idea; it even gave me the chills. It could become even more dangerous. I could cause endless problems between me and these guys if I tried and something backfired. No, the more I thought about it, the more convinced I was I’d have to be a sad witness to a slow-motion train wreck. It depressed me.

In gym, Matty had no partner. Mr. Cyrnn teamed him up with Erik in helping teach me the wrestling unit for the week. I can’t tell you how much more enjoyable this unit was now. I wished Matty would give up on David and maybe devote a little of his attention to me. I think I’d like to get to know him a little better. No, I’m certain I wanted to get to know him a little better. It would give me three boys to play with every week. I bet I’d get a lot of needed practice then!

I sat in the stands to watch XCountry practice, and got a lot of homework done. No David to ogle and Erik had to go right home after school. I simply did homework and quietly walked home with Gary. Maybe I should have asked Matty to join me in the stands. I wonder if he knew about the secret place?

I have a filthy mind. Was I becoming a slut?

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Neat chapter SD. Gotta wonder what's up with Danny--I think it's more than the fact that Twoey didn't back him up--I think he's mad that everybody is taking David's control of his own life away from him...and I bet he wishes David were available for himself.
I can see Twoey's concerns, he's too new to the gang to really offer a differing opinion from the others...they'll just ignore it or rag on him. I hope he can figure Danny out before something happens.
I'll lay odds that David WON'T say anything to Kathy...he's way too concerned with image to stand up to his friends, even if they are dicks. Besides, he's not gay, as he tells us all the time, so it's Kathy or nothing since he hasn't ot the gumption to approach Lanni.
Train wreck coming up? Hell no, it's gonna be a freakin' disaster movie!
More please!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Answer to Twoey: yes, possibly. For some kids, the answer to the question is irrelevant; it's what they want. But most care. How does Twoey feel about this? Glad he's asking the question - how he answers will be important for the way he lives his life way after the story ends. That the reader can get attached to this degree with these characters is a good way of saying how engagingly written and compelling this story is. Kudos to SD for this - and taking a bow could be in order. Agree with ColumbusGuy again - Danny's kind of enigmatic. Not sure how to approach him as a reader. David continues to float along on a tide of Kathy, Kathy, Kathy, which could wind up stranded someplace where he really doesn't want to be. At least he recognizes that in some way. Still wondering how he can get out of that, gracefully. How's the next chapter coming?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

As I'm getting to the end of David's POV, all I'm thinking is CG is going to go apeshit on David again! David doesn't help himself though, I just want to shake that boy!

 

Twoey's got boys on the brain. It's all new, so far harmless, and he's gone all in. If he has to ask the question though, maybe it's a sign to slow it down, or ask himself what his mother would say....or not.

 

I think the fact that Danny is sort of in love with David plays into his reaction. I think more so, he is sympathetic because he relates to it. His own father imposes his will on Danny, and he's feeling trapped. Watching the guys do the same to David compounds those feelings. He probably expected Twoey of all people to get that, and take his side and when he didn't, maybe felt Twoey didn't get him. Now he's acting cold.. I could be so wrong about the guys, but this would go down so differently if it were a bunch of girls....just sayin'. -_-

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/23/2015 11:16 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Neat chapter SD. Gotta wonder what's up with Danny--I think it's more than the fact that Twoey didn't back him up--I think he's mad that everybody is taking David's control of his own life away from him...and I bet he wishes David were available for himself.

I can see Twoey's concerns, he's too new to the gang to really offer a differing opinion from the others...they'll just ignore it or rag on him. I hope he can figure Danny out before something happens.

I'll lay odds that David WON'T say anything to Kathy...he's way too concerned with image to stand up to his friends, even if they are dicks. Besides, he's not gay, as he tells us all the time, so it's Kathy or nothing since he hasn't ot the gumption to approach Lanni.

Train wreck coming up? Hell no, it's gonna be a freakin' disaster movie!

More please!!

Thanks for the review CG!

Yes, Danny has a few things going on right now. It'll get clearer in a few days, but the symptoms are there and you certainly sussed that out.

In is defense, David's sort of helpless right now, although he did manage to get himself here! ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/24/2015 12:02 AM, Parker Owens said:

Answer to Twoey: yes, possibly. For some kids, the answer to the question is irrelevant; it's what they want. But most care. How does Twoey feel about this? Glad he's asking the question - how he answers will be important for the way he lives his life way after the story ends. That the reader can get attached to this degree with these characters is a good way of saying how engagingly written and compelling this story is. Kudos to SD for this - and taking a bow could be in order. Agree with ColumbusGuy again - Danny's kind of enigmatic. Not sure how to approach him as a reader. David continues to float along on a tide of Kathy, Kathy, Kathy, which could wind up stranded someplace where he really doesn't want to be. At least he recognizes that in some way. Still wondering how he can get out of that, gracefully. How's the next chapter coming?

Thanks for the nice comments Parker!

If you don't mind I'll save my bow for the final curtain, and dodge the tomatoes :)

Did you ever get on the wrong bus because you weren't paying attention, :( but when you realized it, you knew whatever action you took was going to cause more trouble and delay? Sorta like David right now.

Next chapter is ready to go Sat. morn.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/24/2015 10:46 AM, Defiance19 said:

As I'm getting to the end of David's POV, all I'm thinking is CG is going to go apeshit on David again! David doesn't help himself though, I just want to shake that boy!

 

Twoey's got boys on the brain. It's all new, so far harmless, and he's gone all in. If he has to ask the question though, maybe it's a sign to slow it down, or ask himself what his mother would say....or not.

 

I think the fact that Danny is sort of in love with David plays into his reaction. I think more so, he is sympathetic because he relates to it. His own father imposes his will on Danny, and he's feeling trapped. Watching the guys do the same to David compounds those feelings. He probably expected Twoey of all people to get that, and take his side and when he didn't, maybe felt Twoey didn't get him. Now he's acting cold.. I could be so wrong about the guys, but this would go down so differently if it were a bunch of girls....just sayin'. -_-

Thanks for the review Defiance!

I think you're pretty close to understanding Danny's feelings, except he's got one more that'll come out soon.

David has mis-handled the Kathy 'favor' for sure. Now he's starting to pay the price. But I have to cut him some slack. He's only 15 and not street smart and is fighting some demons that we're not paying attention to. So I'm gonna keep my eye on him.

You're so right about the bunch of girls scenario :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I tried copying and pasting that last line, but it didn't work. Omg, I was :lmao: and :rofl: with that one! Twoey's so funny! hehe He's not a slut; he's just a teenage boy. :lol:

 

Ok, so Danny's pissed at everyone b/c they're meddling in David's life and he has the hots for David. Is that why he's pissed at Twoey? Ah, I just read Defiance's review and it makes total sense, comparing Danny's asshole sperm donor to the gang ganging up on David and pushing he and Kathy to be more than friends.

 

Well, we'll see what happens when David comes back to school.

 

Great chapter, as usual, Skinny! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/26/2015 12:48 PM, Lisa said:

I tried copying and pasting that last line, but it didn't work. Omg, I was :lmao: and :rofl: with that one! Twoey's so funny! hehe He's not a slut; he's just a teenage boy. :lol:

 

Ok, so Danny's pissed at everyone b/c they're meddling in David's life and he has the hots for David. Is that why he's pissed at Twoey? Ah, I just read Defiance's review and it makes total sense, comparing Danny's asshole sperm donor to the gang ganging up on David and pushing he and Kathy to be more than friends.

 

Well, we'll see what happens when David comes back to school.

 

Great chapter, as usual, Skinny! :D

Thanks Lisa! Great fun with Twoey!

Poor Twoey can't keep up with all the potential sex! haha

Maybe when David comes back to school things will be so far advanced he's helpless? :( Yikes!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Okay I'll be honest if I was in David's position I'd be seriously ticked off, you just don't do what Gary did to him. Out of order in my opinion, however my question is : How will David respond? I can't wait to read more.

Edited by Higster
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..