Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 1,658 Words
  • 4,003 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 75. Week Eleven Friday, November 14, 2014: Getting Sloppy

Men are men, they needs must err.

- Euripides

 

***

 

Gary

I got a call from Alan Belknap last night. He's the dude I really hit it off with in Syracuse when we went to see Twoey's friend Mike.

“Gary, Mike are I are going to be in your town Saturday. We really want to meet up with you. Is that possible?”

“For sure Alan. But David has been acting a little weird lately and I can’t promise he’ll be there. I’ll try to call him though.”

“No. Please don’t tell David we’re coming down. We need to talk to you. It’s about David.”

“Oh? Well, I guess so. When will you be here?”

“The bus should be in about 10 AM. Can you meet us at the station?”

“Sure. I’ll be there. Should I tell Twoey? I’m not sure he’s allowed out yet.”

“No. Please don’t tell Twoey either. I know this sounds strange, but you and I sort of connected a bit when you were up here and Mike thought maybe just the three of us could come up with some ideas. You gotta know your buddy is acting strange and it’s affecting Twoey bad.”

“Alan, it’s affecting everyone bad. I’ll see you Saturday. I hope we can figure this shit out.”

“We do too. Seeya then.”

Wow! Guys coming down from Syracuse to help clean up our sloppy mess. I feel worthless. Anyway, I mentioned it to Sam and Nels on our walk to school this morning. They both said they’d be home and to call if we needed them. So I guess there’ll be quite a group ready for action.

I don’t know what you’re up to David, but I’ve got a feeling we’ll figure it out tomorrow.

 

Alex

Randy's giving me shit. I got sloppy and mentioned what happened this morning.

I accidentally ran into David at his locker this morning. I was just walking down the hall on the floor where his locker happened to be, when I saw him. I had to go over and say, “Hi!” didn't I? I mean, we're friends. But when Randy found out, he made me suffer through a lunch-hour from hell. Randy can be so evil sometimes.

OK, in all honesty, I was waiting at the corner of his hall for him to get into school. I'll admit it (but not to Randy). I told you I am in stalking mode. It's a good thing I got there early though. He arrives at school way early.

Today he was all in black which accented his blond hair and blue eyes. OMG I’m falling for him so hard. You’ve got to realize I never do stuff like this. Stuff like falling hard for a guy and actually stalking him! Never, never, never.

Anyway, he seemed happy to see me and we began talking. Well he was talking, I was mostly tongue tied. Jesus I’ve got it bad! But I did manage to touch him a couple times.

OK, I touched him a lot. I was hinting around about the Thanksgiving Dance. OK, that’s the real reason I was stalking him and talking to him and touching him and ...oh shit! I must sound like a screaming fan near a rock star or something. Really I’m not like that at all. AT ALL. But ...shit! I got it bad. Anyway, while we were talking and I was touching and I was hinting, is when I discovered he's taking Deena Hart.

DEENA HART!!

I can't fucking believe it! The cutest guy in the whole damn school is taking Deena Hart? I mean, she's not ugly or anything, but she's a Valkyrie for fuck's sake. They so do not belong together. She could injure him or something. She's going to be my adversary starting right now! Deena Hart, you are the enemy!

I’ve got to get her out of the picture!

 

Randy

This shit with Alex and David is getting to be really entertaining! Now she's stalking him. When I was putting her through shit at lunch, I almost let it slip. I'll have to be much more careful. The last thing I'd want to do is out another dude. I think I'll just treat this as a funny MTV show. She can't get too hurt unless he tries to string her along, but I don't see that happening. I don't think he'd do that.

During social he acted his normal self in our group. Megan did most of the talking today. David strengthened her case with a few great suggestions. Alex was a worthless pile of goo. I was having too much fun, but tried to hide it.

I got sloppy though. At one point I think David noticed me smirking at something stupid Alex did.

He shot me a quick but severe back off look. So I did.

I told you he didn’t like me.

Now I made it worse.

 

David2

I got sloppy today.

I hope I didn't put the Goliath Project in jeopardy …but more about that later.

Alex met me at my locker this morning. I knew she was crushing on me. She's really a cute girl, and smart ...I did tell you how smart she is. After I do my good deed connecting Deena and Sam, I think I'll actually try to get into a relationship with Alex. I mean it won't be difficult; she's certainly into me. We're like made for each other on so many levels. I think she may be just the thing I need to break the spell Twoey has over me.

After school I biked over to my spot across from Johnson's place and rested against the tree again. I had a chance to read a little of Catcher in the Rye for English because Enos didn't come out until 4:20. I was just about to leave, thinking it was getting to be too late for a tryst. In fact, even seeing him drive away, I didn't really think he was going to do anything this afternoon. It was even starting to get a little dark. The sun sets pretty fucking early in November. I figured he was only going to the store or something. But I followed him until I determined that if he was actually going to meet someone, it would have to be with Mrs. Dennison. By the time I realized that, it was too late to beat him there. I shadowed him, staying on the sidewalk most of the way. This time the house was on my side of the street and he parked in front. I had to veer off the sidewalk and tried to line up behind some trees. I wasn't completely hidden when he did his furtive glancing. He looked right my way, almost right at me. I was all in black with my hoodie up so I didn't think he took any notice.

It's a good thing I had done all my reconnaissance because I knew exactly where to go in the backyard to be hidden from the neighbors. I got there not a minute too soon, because a light went on in what appeared to be a bedroom. It was really starting to get dark, so I tried to get the camera out and ready. I fumbled and almost dropped the damn thing! I took a deep breath to calm down, and then turned it on and zoomed-in, focusing on the lighted room. There were no blinds, but there was a curtain. I could tell Mrs. Dennison was on her way to the window to shut the curtain and in about 20 seconds I would be screwed out of any pictures. I could see he was still dressed too. Luckily for me (or unluckily, as it turned out) he grabbed a kiss before she got to the window. I was so elated to get anything today I pressed the shutter and then ...CHAOS!

The fucking flash went off! I had forgotten to go through the menu and disable it. Right away they looked out the window as I tried to melt behind the barren shrubbery. Then they both turned to run out of the room. I tore off out of there, but had to go right down the side of the house past the same side door he used! I got to my bike and flew the other way down the street. Hopefully he couldn't figure out who it was when he looked out the window. I mean, it WAS getting dark and he was looking out of a well lit room. Even if he saw me when he finally came out of the house, I was down the street pretty fast and around the corner. He only would have seen a Ninja blur! But my heart was pounding about 1000 beats per second!

I snuck into the house and went up to download and evaluate the picture. It turned out to be really pretty good and clear. You could easily identify each of them kissing. I saved it as Dennison1 in the goodstuff folder, transferred it to the other memory card and then erased it from the card in the camera. If anyone comes across the camera, I don't want anything incriminating on it. The only things on that card are the few pictures I took in the halls of the high school while I was learning how to use the camera. My adrenalin was still pounding through me, so I took a soothing shower, threw on some crap clothes and snuck out to Timmy's for coffee and a bagel. Thankfully, I didn't see anyone I knew.

Later, after finishing my homework, I remembered to make certain my phone was off and collapsed onto my inviting bed. I had to get to bed early because I had a special plan for tomorrow.

I was asleep in like five seconds.

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, David2! Let's hope you weren't spotted! Let's hope the nasty pastor doesn't hand you a surprise of his own. Let's hope Alex doesn't find a way to break Twoey's, Deena's and maybe Randy's hearts, too. What deep end are you sinking into, David? Not sure the gang can talk any sense to you any more...it's getting scary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Certainly a sloppy chapter. David2 certainly wasn't up to ninja form by forgetting to disable the flash. Hopefully, he can remember that the next time. What's with David and Alex. Can he really be that much of an A/H and dump Twoey for Alex? This kid has some definite issues and he certainly needs to get back to Dr. Keating before it's too late. All this focus on fixing his family situation is going to destroy him if he isn't more careful.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thanks skinny,

 

Ooooooo ... the plot thickens. Valkerie vs Alex ... Mike conspiring with Gary ... D2 being a dufus (like that was a surprise :) ) ... and did ppf recognize him? ... and where is Vladimir, Crimean vacation?

 

I'll stay tuned to the dragon channel!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Finally David's friends are getting organized! Even if it does take two guys from out of town to initiate some action. Not sure what they can do, at this juncture, though. For one thing, any action will ease Gary's conscience; he's been beating himself up for not doing anything, but that's his own fault, really.

 

D2 definitely got sloppy in forgetting about the flash. Tsk, tsk, what would ex-KGB Putin say? Here's hoping that D2 doesn't make any more mistakes; they could lead to disaster. Well, I'm guessing that they probably will! Can't wait for the next episode now! Thanks, Skinny!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/12/2016 02:01 PM, Parker Owens said:

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy, David2! Let's hope you weren't spotted! Let's hope the nasty pastor doesn't hand you a surprise of his own. Let's hope Alex doesn't find a way to break Twoey's, Deena's and maybe Randy's hearts, too. What deep end are you sinking into, David? Not sure the gang can talk any sense to you any more...it's getting scary.

Thanks Parker!

 

If D2 was spotted, he's in trouble.

 

Alex is a little smitten right now. (ya think?) So she's ready to take on the world ...haha. Maybe she'll calm down.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2016 02:35 PM, CarlHoliday said:

Certainly a sloppy chapter. David2 certainly wasn't up to ninja form by forgetting to disable the flash. Hopefully, he can remember that the next time. What's with David and Alex. Can he really be that much of an A/H and dump Twoey for Alex? This kid has some definite issues and he certainly needs to get back to Dr. Keating before it's too late. All this focus on fixing his family situation is going to destroy him if he isn't more careful.

Thanks Carl for the review and comments!

 

Yep. Our little ninja seriously f**ked up today. Could be trouble.

 

Unfortunately, he still views Twoey as a problem even though he knows he loves him, which is the problem (to him). Serious Dr. time is needed to clear this up and he's getting zero right now. All bad stuff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2016 02:51 PM, Lux Apollo said:

Wow, short chapter...

Hey lux!

 

Yeah sorry about that. It's a get ready for Saturday chapter ...hehe.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/12/2016 03:51 PM, said:

Thanks skinny,

 

Ooooooo ... the plot thickens. Valkerie vs Alex ... Mike conspiring with Gary ... D2 being a dufus (like that was a surprise :) ) ... and did ppf recognize him? ... and where is Vladimir, Crimean vacation?

 

I'll stay tuned to the dragon channel!

Hey oxala! Thanks for dropping into the thickening plot. ;)

 

Mike and Gary, how was that for an unexpected coupling ...hehe.

 

Alex needs a cold shower.

 

If PPF recognized D2, he's in trouble. Will the bff cavalry arrive in time to save him? Stay tuned...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/13/2016 12:45 PM, jess30519 said:

Finally David's friends are getting organized! Even if it does take two guys from out of town to initiate some action. Not sure what they can do, at this juncture, though. For one thing, any action will ease Gary's conscience; he's been beating himself up for not doing anything, but that's his own fault, really.

 

D2 definitely got sloppy in forgetting about the flash. Tsk, tsk, what would ex-KGB Putin say? Here's hoping that D2 doesn't make any more mistakes; they could lead to disaster. Well, I'm guessing that they probably will! Can't wait for the next episode now! Thanks, Skinny!

Thanks jess!

 

Yeah disaster lurks.

 

Putin probably won't give D2 a job now.

 

Yep, the Syracuse pair seem to be the only ones not paralyzed into inaction! Maybe they can bring things to a head, if they're not too late.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

D2 effed up royally.. This could be such big trouble. Ugh.. Not going to think about it..

 

I'm glad, but how sad is it that the boys from Syracuse are taking lead in what's going on with David. Gary should feel badly. This is the one time he should know that giving David space won't cut it..

 

Not even going to touch the Alex/David/Twoey/Randy sorta quadrangle that's wanting to form until D2/David are in a better place and thinking clearly. Well, you know...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2016 02:37 AM, Defiance19 said:

D2 effed up royally.. This could be such big trouble. Ugh.. Not going to think about it..

 

I'm glad, but how sad is it that the boys from Syracuse are taking lead in what's going on with David. Gary should feel badly. This is the one time he should know that giving David space won't cut it..

 

Not even going to touch the Alex/David/Twoey/Randy sorta quadrangle that's wanting to form until D2/David are in a better place and thinking clearly. Well, you know...

Thanks Def!

 

Yeah, D2 is in trouble.

 

Well, sad or not, at least the out-of-towners are going to force something.

 

Quadrangle huh? You realize three sides are boys. David sure gets himself into interesting geometry!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Busy, busy things happened in Skinnyland in this chapter!

 

I can SO related to Alex!!! :P I remember stalking this boy in high school. Oh man, I used to walk by his locker, well, many times during the day, and when I got to WALK WITH HIM on our way to class and actually TALK TO HIM, that was the highlight of my day! :lol: So yeah, Alex, I feel for you, girl.

 

D2 really fucked up. My stomach was in knots when I read about the flash going off. Shit, I really hope PPF didn't recognize D2. If he did, things are definitely going to take the wrong turn for our Putin protegee.

 

I thought it was way cool that Alan called Gary. Hopefully the Syracuse team and the Dayville (sorry! I forgot the name of the town!!!) team can figure something out. The thing is, Sam knows everything, right? Is he going to feel bound by loyalty to D1 to keep quiet?

 

On to the next chapter! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/18/2016 01:43 PM, Lisa said:

Busy, busy things happened in Skinnyland in this chapter!

 

I can SO related to Alex!!! :P I remember stalking this boy in high school. Oh man, I used to walk by his locker, well, many times during the day, and when I got to WALK WITH HIM on our way to class and actually TALK TO HIM, that was the highlight of my day! :lol: So yeah, Alex, I feel for you, girl.

 

D2 really fucked up. My stomach was in knots when I read about the flash going off. Shit, I really hope PPF didn't recognize D2. If he did, things are definitely going to take the wrong turn for our Putin protegee.

 

I thought it was way cool that Alan called Gary. Hopefully the Syracuse team and the Dayville (sorry! I forgot the name of the town!!!) team can figure something out. The thing is, Sam knows everything, right? Is he going to feel bound by loyalty to D1 to keep quiet?

 

On to the next chapter! :)

Thanks Lisa!

 

Writing Alex's little stream of consciousness was fun. I only had to envision a particular cousin of mine and it all came spewing out. :)

 

Well, as you know by now D2 got into trouble with the flash.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

David almost messed up BIG there, luckily he atleast got a good photo of them kissing so he has something which he could use in the future.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..