• Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow.

Mikiesboy
  • 320 Words
  • 1,859 Views

tim's Bits and Pieces - 15. Morning Dreams and Autumn

Okay so one is dark, the other isn't ... before each i gave a bit of what i was thinking or why i wrote what i did. Honestly, i am doing fine .. no need to worry.

A word about this first one, before you read it. I'd had a great night's sleep, i woke and deciding it was too early lay back down. In that short sleep i had an awful dream. So awful i didn't think i'd live much longer and i wanted to immediately e-mail all my chapters for my next story to my editor. i felt certain i wouldn't be around to post them. I wrote this because sometimes we write to forget things, or to just deal with them in the best way we can. I don't really think i am the devil ... i mess up sometimes and get after myself harshly, but i know i'm not evil.

Writing them down, stops them lingering in the brain and making a mess of the joint!

In my early morning dreams, Death wanders freely

I watch us from above, talking like old friends at breakfast

My tongue grows forked, yet I notice this not

It’s clear as Death models me, as I morph into him

Liar, the devil’s tongue, monster.

I awaken from this dream

Pretending it’s not the truth,

Or my tomorrow,

But there is no mistake; this is a dream of my making

It is the punishment for my folly, you say

I know it is the truth

With your trust, i have paid

i thought about this one while i was standing at the bus stop. i thought, there is no poetry here on this road or in these trees ... meh, i've been wrong before ...

Has Nature taken a step to the left?

There is no poetry in these plain trees

Green is the colour in which they are dressed

No tinge of red, or sliver of gold

They seem not in a hurry to change

But the weather’s been cooler—

Autumn is riding in on the breeze

______

Thanks for reading.

Thanks AC for looking at the first one xo

Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 47 members · Last active

A fan club for Mikiesboy to chat about his stories as well as home to the Drop In Centre Chat Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

tim, my friend. These were well-crafted, thoughtful, and powerful in my opinion. Your explanations, did salve what worry I would have had, without them.

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

thanks A. don't worry ... but, i appreciate that you do... xo

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i am doing okay. Love to Mum and you xo.  darkness is just part of my life...i dont think anyone can experience abuse or such hard times and not have darkness as part of them. that is simply just a part of me now. Mostly these days i am good.  i found something that helps me sleep, it stops the voices in my head - negative self-talk i mean, not a demon or anything. it helps me with my anxiety...i just feel calm most of the time without feeling numb.

You bear your scars with dignity.

Of that, I am glad. :)

Not that I think the joint that is you is messy, mind you.... ;)
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Of that, I am glad. :)

Not that I think the joint that is you is messy, mind you.... ;)

Thanks Reader.  Sometimes i'm a hot mess ... but right now i'm good.

7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

thanks A. don't worry ... but, i appreciate that you do... xo

It's what family is for, Bro. We worry, we love, and the occasional disagreement, but a true family has your back.

1 minute ago, BHopper2 said:

yeah i suppose you're right ... i'm glad we can always talk... xo  i worry about you guys too xoxo

So damn, that was some dream. I’m glad you’re able to exorcise these in your writing.

Before you blink, the trees will have given you plenty to write about too. It’s just starting here, barely.

17 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

thanks Def xo  it was a weird dream.. for sure

On 12/18/2018 at 3:17 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Ashi, i always want hugs from you! :hug:💖

Awww.... :hug:

View Guidelines

• Newsletter

You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

• Create New...

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..