• Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow.

Mikiesboy
  • 102 Words
  • 259 Views

tim's Bits and Pieces - 75. Wandering

WARNING: dark poetry ahead

I am lost

Wandering

Heavy is the grief in my heart

For I seek what is lost

Reach for what is not there

All I want is to lay down this pain

Yet

It is the yoke I carry

And it chains me to this earth

Though I want to flee

Leave it forever

For the peace the darkness offers

But the bright in your eyes haunts me

Holds me

For a moment, until the anguish returns

And I dream of clawing at my chest

To pull out my beating heart

To watch it until it is no more

thank you all ... stay safe

Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 37 members · Last active

A fan club for Mikiesboy to chat about his stories as well as home to the Drop In Centre Chat Topic

If there is a light

You can't always see

And there is a world

We can't always be

If there is a dark

Now we shouldn't doubt

And there is a light

Don't let it go out

-U2 "Song for Someone"

These lyrics have spoken to me loudly, ever since my son revealed his struggles with his own darkness.

There is always light, even when we can't see. It's there, hiding behind the shadows we've created for ourselves.

Your words are moving. They're powerful. They're the tinder that will ignight your light when you're ready tim.

I know embraces cannot heal pain and anguish. Virtual ones drift by in the wind.

5 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

Would that I could carry your burden with you, even for just a few paces.

Thank you, Parker.

3 hours ago, kbois said:

There is always light, even when we can't see

1 hour ago, mayday said:

Thank you, mayday.

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

When you can't look on the bright side, i will sit with you in the dark.

Alice In Wonderland

14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thank you, mayday.

I'll still be with you

1 hour ago, mayday said:

I'll still be with you

xo  thank you

53 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

I hope that you know there are many of us who would take on some of the dark if we could. Further, I hope knowing that you mean something to others helps.

thanks.. i appreciate it and all of you

Reader1810

Posted (edited)

First: I see the amazing skill you have being able to take thoughts and ideas and turning them into words on a page, and make the reader feel what you’re saying. Bravo to you, tim. :)

Second: Your words/thoughts are sorrowful, but I am glad you are sharing them with us rather than keeping them bottled up. While I may not be with you physically, you always have my support, because I will always look out for you. You are a true gem which darkness cannot hide.

I’m adding my voice to those before me, I’d be there in the darkness with you if I could, but if you think about it, see me with your mind’s eye and I - and we all - are by your side crowding out the darkness.

xoxo

Edited by Reader1810
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

xoxo

thank you Reader .. i know you mean that xoxo    i think writing this helps me cope... i think if i didnt let it out, well things could be different.

View Guidelines

• Newsletter

You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

• Create New...