Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 179 Words
  • 1,799 Views
  • 25 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Bits and Pieces - 51. There Are Men I Love

i think the title says it all ...

1.

How many times will my heart break before it’s irreparable?

I cannot count the tears I’ve shed over you

You’re like our child

I know you hurt

I know that’s why you hurt me, over and over

And it’s why I let you

Because you don’t mean to

Because you need someone to hear you

And I do

I hear you

My heart and door are always open

You do not have to be alone

 

 

 

2.

Hearts are broken by soul destroying words

Leaving us bereft, alone; filled with hopelessness

Shells of ourselves wander through the sameness of days

Breathing automatons who do the right things so ...

the normal among us leave them alone

So heavy is their pain they no longer see

the bright beads of happiness

... scattered ...

here and there

 

 

 

3.

there are men I love

not destined to be lovers

they are friends, collaborators, soulmates

what I feel for them surprises me daily

the depth of this love

… an ocean.

 

   ***

Thank you. If these touched you at all, please leave a 'like' or a comment.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 20
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

5 minutes ago, Kapucinski said:

Thank you so much for sharing, you are so talented with words. You really are a true poet.

thank you very kindly ... i appreciate your kind words, thank you. xo

  • Love 5
Link to comment

All three of these poems are beautiful and wonderful tim. I'll need more time to reflect on them, but I feel the emotions in these. That first one, I've experienced more times than I want to admit.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..