Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 54 Words
  • 882 Views
  • 28 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Bits and Pieces - 66. Crayons

C R A Y O N S

 

You are my brother, no matter our colour

I want not to believe the wrongs

Plotted and carried out by those who hate

But the proof offers no escape

You are my brother and all in this box,

no matter our colour,

are crayons.

Thank you for reading.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 20
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



You continue to amaze me Tim!  A PERFECT analogy! 

May I email a copy to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue??

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I like this analogy.

It speaks of innocence and better times. When things were just as they are without a need to look beyond what simply is.

As always, nicely done, tim, nicely done. 

 

Thanks Reader, it's a simple view but with few simple solutions. xo

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
23 hours ago, kbois said:

Sooooo many people need to read this and learn from it. Nice work tim.

Thank you. I wish people would learn from it. There's just so much hatred.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

 you tell us what you see happening in the world and I know the pain that these wrongs bring you.

Never stop telling us what you see and what you feel.  However, be gentle with yourself.

Thank you, Michael xo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
22 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

what a wonderful analogy
a simple way to make the point
well done
xoxo

Thank you, molly xo

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

This poem connected to me immediately. Every student of mine will read it, because it’s going on my classroom door.

Thanks, Parker. i hope the kids like it. xo

  • Like 5
Link to comment
8 hours ago, dughlas said:

Thank you tim. If just one of those colors is missing the box is incomplete. Thanks for reminding us that each is necessary. 

Thanks, dugh. It's nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Thank you tim. A simple analogy to make a great point.

Cheer, chris. i'm glad it worked for you xo

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

A wonderful poem, it is especially relevant in our current social climate. Great writing, as usual Tim. Thanks.

hi, Jeffrey, i hope you are doing well. yes, will it's written because our world as it is .. it's very sad. xo

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, KayDeeMac said:

You continue to amaze me Tim!  A PERFECT analogy! 

May I email a copy to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue??

Aw, thanks David.  i hope you are well. Thanks for reading nd you comments.

If you think it would help.. you can mail it wherever.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4
Link to comment

tim this is a wonderful poem. The amazing thing about a box of crayons is that it takes all of them to make the world colorful. missing any one of them is a shame. Each crayon is special how dull would things be with out them. 
thanks again for you wonderful thoughts.

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, rickproehl said:

tim this is a wonderful poem. The amazing thing about a box of crayons is that it takes all of them to make the world colorful. missing any one of them is a shame. Each crayon is special how dull would things be with them. 
thanks again for you wonderful thoughts.

Thank you for reading and sharing, rick. xo

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks, dugh. It's nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Both Mum and I are well thanks. As always Mum sends her love.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 9/1/2020 at 9:13 AM, dughlas said:

Both Mum and I are well thanks. As always Mum sends her love.

Thank you.. i'm glad to hear you are both okay. xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..