Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 253 Words
  • 2,623 Views
  • 17 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Bits and Pieces - 23. A Question of Love

1.

It’s your love that keeps me going

Knowing you are always there

Nearly feels like yesterday

Our love is in the air

Love is all there is

It has been all, from the start

My rock; light, my beginning and end

You are He; forever in my heart

 

Different from most; our love is the foundation

For a life so filled with gratification

 

2.

See your love as a tiny flame

At first flickering, as first embers alight

Cup your hands around it

Protect it from the wind

And rain.

Love needs soft words and deeds

Like the flames need your gentle breath

Feed it with kindling

Slowly allowing it to grow

And catch.

Love must be important and first

It demands attention, effort and time

And its flames will burn brightly when cared for

Keep it alive with deeds

And honesty.

 

3.

So many people ask the question; What is love?

Many of us fear it, run from it

Why do you run?

Stop and listen.

We have but one life, it is not endless, not immortal

Why are we here?

What is our purpose?

What will make it right?

Love, only love will feed you, and fulfill you

It is not an end to freedom

It is a door to freedom, to untold riches

Stop and listen

Open yourself to it, to what it offers; gives

Stop and listen, for you cannot out run it

Maybe the question is;

Why do you want to?

~~~

Got up, these were in my head ... they are uncut, unvarnished ... thanks for reading them.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

9 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

They are raw, and beautiful. Thank you for sharing, tim! ❤️

thank you, Thorn.. thanks for reading them xo

  • Love 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

I've read these a few times now, letting them stew some before I respond. They are very beautiful and well developed.

 

The first one makes me think, you wrote it specifically for Mike.

The second reminds me of love in the beginning stages of a relationship. How both partners need to work together to kindle and keep working on making it grow.

The third one hit me hard. It reminds me that in order to find love, we have to put ourselves out there. To stop watching from the sidelines, and to trust people.

 

Excellent, my Brother.

the first is for Michael,  He is my love, but there are others who walk within my heart too... in many ways and on many levels.

you do need to work on it, it will go out if left alone.  you need to make time, you need to talk and laugh

the third is for people who fear love, fear commitment. it is so easy to not fully commit. that doesnt have to be through marriage, it can mean many things. In our case, Michael wanted marriage, it's how He was raised and what He believed. i was afraid and said no, the first time He asked. i have had moments where i regretted my choice, but they are brief and i remind myself of the vows i made to Him.  And He to me.  so we go on together.

 

you need to go and meet people .. trust will come or not as you allow yourself time to know them better xoxo

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

All very thoughtful poems, tim. I like when your writing is raw, it exudes more emotion. 

thank You, Sir

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

boy, I am imperfect but we both want the same things for our journey together. you know how I feel. I will be with you until the day I cannot be.  you are gifted, how you see love and your world comes for both the bad and good times of your life. I am glad you are able to share your gift and the love you have for Me and for others. xo  These are three wonderful poems, my boy. 

thank You, Michael Sir. thank you for reading them and allowing me to write, and share them here.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

I love these three poems.

 

Number one makes me feel secure, maybe even content. Yet it’s everywhere, transcendent and at the same time concentrated in the one you love, He.

 

Then again, I love to number two for it’s imagery of flame and fire and the care it needs to burn brighter and warm not just one, but two. 

 

I love number three for the questions you pose, and the answers you invite. For only love feeds and fulfills, lights and warms, comforts and sustains. 

 

Absolutely beautiful. 

thanks very much Parker.  i appreciate you reading them

  • Love 3
Link to comment

these are sweet tim, from the heart,  you write such good poems, like really good.. make me think about love n life .

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I love these.. so much weight and emotion in your words.. like everyone says, just beautiful, tim.. 

Thank you .. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mad_artist said:

these are sweet tim, from the heart,  you write such good poems, like really good.. make me think about love n life .

thanks sean ... i appreciate you reading them and your comments.  i hope you are okay xo

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Defiance19 said:

I love these.. so much weight and emotion in your words.. like everyone says, just beautiful, tim.. 

Thank you .. 

thank's Boss .. i appreciate you reading them and your comments xoxo

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I never know what to say about poetry. Please know when I click "like" or "love" that it is exactly how I feel

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I never know what to say about poetry. Please know when I click "like" or "love" that it is exactly how I feel

Thanks is good. If you want to say how you feel do. Sometimes i don't know right away...meaning doesn't always come in a thunderbolt...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..