Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 91 Words
  • 607 Views
  • 18 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Bits and Pieces - 64. Facade

In the distance there, I see myself

Only it is a version of me I do not know

Brave and strong, he is unafraid

Not crippled by clotted uncertainty

 

The vision is the self I dream of

There are times I can draw near

But he smiles and steps away

Leaving me again in his wake

 

He strides away sporting confidence

A coat of many colours I yearn to wear

And I wonder, not for the first time

It is me who is the facade?

             _-_

Thanks for reading. Your time is appreciated.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 16
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Really really excellent Tim!  You have captured the essence of the permanent elements of being!! 

David

Edited by KayDeeMac
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

i'm often rendered speechless by what you write, in a good way
i find it hard to put what your words make me feel into a coherent thought 
this is one of those times
xoxo

  • Love 5
Link to comment
On 8/12/2020 at 10:53 AM, Wayne Gray said:

This is a great piece, tim. It paints a picture of longing - not for something external, but rather for the peace born from confidence.

Warning: Incoming philosophy and maybe psychology from a guy who's an expert in neither.

Maybe you're dreaming of what could be. It may feel cruel, to see this version of you that you "can't have," but ... you seem closer now than you've ever been. To me that doesn't mean you're tortured by apparitions of what will never be, but rather you're glimpsing what is possible now where before it wasn't.

Maybe you're right. We will see what happens. Thanks, Wayne.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 8/12/2020 at 12:19 PM, MichaelS36 said:

I agree with Wayne.  I think you are catching up with yourself, soon there will only be one vision ... you. 

Thanks, Michael. xo

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 8/12/2020 at 12:23 PM, chris191070 said:

An awesome piece, great words.

Aw, thanks so much, chris!

  • Love 3
Link to comment
23 hours ago, kbois said:

Wow, this is beautiful tim. I think we all have a vision of ourselves that we strive to be. I think Wayne is right. The possibilities are there, it's figuring out how to get there that is the hard part. You're on the right track though. 

Thank you very much! I appreciate you reading this one.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
20 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

There is the reality of who we are, and the ideal of who we want to be. That is the message I get from this poem. It seems to me that the reality and the ideal are like two strings that weave back and forth. Some days you reach your ideal; many other days you don't. I guess the trick is to keep trying. This is another one of your poems that really spoke to me. Thanks, Tim. 

Yes, you're right, Jeffrey. We do have an ideal to which we hold ourselves, but don't always meet. I appreciate your comments! xo

  • Love 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, KayDeeMac said:

Really really excellent Tim!  You have captured the essence of the permanent elements of being!! 

David

Thanks very much, David. I appreciate it.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I love this beautiful, enigmatic poem. I’m drawn to the images, clotted uncertainty and confidence as a coat of many colours. My heart wants to follow the vision with you. 

You're welcome to walk with me anytime, Parker.  xo

  • Love 4
Link to comment
13 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm often rendered speechless by what you write, in a good way
i find it hard to put what your words make me feel into a coherent thought 
this is one of those times
xoxo

You're so sweet to me. i'm glad you liked this one. xo

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

this is a wonderful tim 

i don’t have the words to express how i feel. just breathless.

well done.

Thanks very much, rick. I appreciate your reading and your comments.  Breathe!!!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..