• Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow.

Mikiesboy
  • 81 Words
  • 225 Views

tim's Bits and Pieces - 72. Soulmate

Soulmate

Your gentleness called to me

Made me peek from between my fingers.

The laughter in your eyes

Brought the smile to my lips.

The love you show and share

Swells my heart.

You bring me closer to my own self

And to you.

So close, I am sewn to you, skin to skin

With the threads of silken love, we made

And make.

Soulmates grown from a love well-tended,

not from the first bloom.

***

Thanks for reading and for your likes and comments. I hope you all stay safe and well.

Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 37 members · Last active

A fan club for Mikiesboy to chat about his stories as well as home to the Drop In Centre Chat Topic

what a wonderful tribute to your very special love

Edited by mollyhousemouse

This is a wonderful poem, Tim! You have captured and put into words that joy of being one with another person! Reader1810 is spot on! "Mad skills our Tim has!" Ask Michael to give you a hug from me. Thanks.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, headtransplant said:

This imagery of being sewn together speaks to me so much.

Absolutely beautiful poem.

Thanks for taking the time to read and to comment.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:49 PM, Reader1810 said:

tim, that was absolutely wonderful! :D
I see the imagery of your words in mind’s eye as clear as day and they make me smile.
A lovely and unexpected treat you’ve given us tonight.
As always well done.

I’m still smiling... :)

Thank you, Reader. i'm glad it made you smile xo

On 4/17/2021 at 9:52 PM, Parker Owens said:

This is a poem so beautiful, it made me my heart beat faster; it made me smile and tear. Each line, each image, unfolded like a new flower. Thank you.

Thank you, Parker.   i appreciate your support.

On 4/17/2021 at 10:55 PM, MichaelS36 said:

you are my soulmate.  There is no simpler truth than that.  And I agree, we are so much closer now than at the first bloom of our relationship.  Beautiful. xo

xo thank You, Michael

On 4/17/2021 at 11:07 PM, kbois said:

You've officially turned me into a fan of poetry.

This is absolutely wonderful tim. You and Michael are so fortunate to have each other.

Thanks for sharing. You made my heart sing.

Aw, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I'm glad you're giving poetry a chance. i don't like every poem i read or every poet.  But it's nice when you find one or two that speak to you. xo

On 4/18/2021 at 3:18 AM, chris191070 said:

Another beautiful poem tim x

Thank you, chris.  xoxo

On 4/18/2021 at 10:59 AM, dughlas said:

Lovely, little brother.

Thanks very much, dugh xo

23 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

I love the whole thing, but the last two lines most of all. Interest in another person often happens instinctively, but maintaining and building love really takes effort. It's apparent, you believe that is effort well-spent.

Great poem, tim. 🙂

Thank you, Wayne.  It is worth the effort and time.

23 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

what a wonderful tribute to your very special love

Thank you, molly.  He is special to me (so are you :D  )

23 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

Aw, thanks very much, Jeffrey.  I'm glad it spoke to you.   He did give me a big hug, thank you oxxo

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks very much, dugh xo

Mum sends you her love.

View Guidelines

• Newsletter

You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

• Create New...