Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 128 Words
  • 1,068 Views
  • 11 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

tim's Bits and Pieces - 76. Killer on the Road

On Sunday June 6, 2021 .. a young man killed a Muslim family, mom, dad, grandmother and daughter out for their evening walk together. The son is alive in hospital.

See the family lying dead on the ground

Their crime that night going out for a walk

Was religion the reason for your displeasure?

Ironic your sin was not cause for a balk

 

Can we let him, among us walk;

the one who chose that day to kill?

Did his God send him, to take his measure?

Mowing them with a truck took no skill

 

Can such a wrong be righted?

Will an eye for an eye pay the cost?

Can he now repent in leisure?

Not words nor jewels will replace the lost.

 

Your ghosts will forever haunt us

Tears for the lost have been shed

Stolen from you the greatest treasure

From you was taken a life unled

**** RIP

Thank you for reading. Discussion is welcome ... hatred is not.
Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Sad 17
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 6/10/2021 at 11:02 AM, Reader1810 said:

Sad and angry I am. I despair where some minds live. 

 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:11 AM, chris191070 said:

A sad and poignant piece of writing in rememberence of lives sadly taken.

Gosh this is so late, but back then.. i don't think i could reply.  Thank you for reading and your comments on this sad topic xo

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 6/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, Parker Owens said:

Your response to this terrible event in the news spoke for me. I couldn’t even get words near the paper. It should haunt us all. 

 

On 6/10/2021 at 12:15 PM, spyke said:

I don't understand the world anymore. Thank you for writing this tim. 

 

On 6/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, dughlas said:

I cannot comprehend the thought process that drives such an act. Thank you for providing words to express my despair. 

So, late. I'm sorry but thank you for your comments and reading this.

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 6/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, mollyhousemouse said:

i really have no words
i just don't
 

 

On 6/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, MichaelS36 said:

I am saddened by this, and by the joy this so-called person expressed over his deed.  I am most terribly saddened over the poor little boy who lost all his closest family that evening.  At nine to lose them all. 

I won't continue, because I'm sure it would become political. 

 

 

On 6/10/2021 at 2:26 PM, kbois said:

Powerful words to express one of the most powerful sets of emotions. 

Rage, anger, despair, sadness. 

Senseless killings. For what? 

Thanks for expressing your thoughts tim. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and comments. This was a horrific act.  xo

  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..