• Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow.

Mikiesboy
  • 60 Words
  • 153 Views

tim's Bits and Pieces - 82. Real Friends

We sometimes forget there are real people writing words online. Words can heal or hurt. People can be cruel. It's easy to turn off others you've decided are not real or worthy.

Real Friends

Friends come and go

Like mists at dawn

Burned away by the heat of the sun

It’s too much not to really know them

If I cannot see you

You are not real

Yet, I am writing this and I know

It is enough for my soul

To simply know of yours

***

Thanks for reading and for your comments and thoughts.

Copyright © 2018 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 42 members · Last active

A fan club for Mikiesboy to chat about his stories as well as home to the Drop In Centre Chat Topic

I think without friends we can't really know who we are.

Every friendship, no matter how deep, affects us in different ways.

I truly believe that friends are the family that you choose.

Thanks for sharing tim.

I hear you little brother. I've oft said it's too easy to pretend that others aren't real people when separated by the ether or when we are wrapped inside a vehicle on the highway.

Thank you for your words.

10 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Reminds me of an old saying about people coming into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

Thanks, C. i've never heard that.  xo

11 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

I read this and thought of you. Even though I’ve never heard your voice, I still listen to you. This is excellent.

You're sweet, Parker. Thank you. i hope you are doing okay. xo

10 hours ago, kbois said:

I think without friends we can't really know who we are.

Every friendship, no matter how deep, affects us in different ways.

I truly believe that friends are the family that you choose.

Thanks for sharing tim.

never had friends really .. but i think you're right.  Thanks k.

9 hours ago, dughlas said:

Thank you for your words.

hi dugh, thanks for reading. i hope you and mom are doing okay. xo

9 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Thanks for sharing tim x

thank you for reading, chris.  i hope you and your man are okay. xo

8 hours ago, Lux Apollo said:

This was really touching. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Thank you, Lux. hope all is good with you.

8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

hi dugh, thanks for reading. i hope you and mom are doing okay. xo

We are, thanks. Mum sends her love.

10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

thank you for reading, chris.  i hope you and your man are okay. xo

We're both fine. Thanks for asking tim, hope you and Mike are okay x

Wonderful. The internet is both good and evil. It's given us much and has a lot to answer for. Well said, tim.

You may not have a physical form here, but with a few words you are seen by so many. As always, beautifully done.

"Real" is an interesting concept now-a-days.

We experience the world through physical means, but more and more through electronic mediums. Does that make our relationships or friendships here less? We allow these electronic friends power over us by emotionally connecting with them. We let them in. We invest in one another's lives and spend emotional currency on them.

You've hit upon a truth, I think. Friends we make here are people we have entrusted with a part of our hearts.

Great poem, friend.

View Guidelines

• Newsletter

You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

• Create New...