Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

300 Letters - 27. Letter 26 (Rossopomodorro)

11.11.2015

 

Dear C,

How I wish I knew how you really are.

All I am getting here is my mum’s feedback and I am sure she wouldn’t tell me if something was wrong – not to worry me. I spoke to her on the phone today and she told me she haven’t heard from you in a week, so obviously I got worried. I just hope you are ok.

Maybe you don’t want to keep in touch with her anymore…? I don’t know.

You know, today during the exercise time (that’s how they call the time when we are let out from our blocks to walk around the prison yard) I spoke to Geoff. He is an American guy, who came here with me from the previous prison. He is very pleasant, well-educated guy. He is trying to keep his relationship on with his boyfriend called Robert. He told me a bit about it. Robert comes to visit him frequently, which is nice.

I then thought to myself how much I would love to sit with you and talk. To be given the chance to look into your eyes and just talk.

But I have a feeling it might never happen.

I was looking at the birthday card that my mum bought and sent to me – the card meant for you. I asked her to do so a few weeks ago.

But I wonder if you’d even acknowledge this or rather put it straight in the rubbish bin… You birthday is in 13 days.

I bet you will have a great time with your loved ones and I am thrilled for you baby.

Do you remember your last birthday? You thought I forgot about it! But how could I? My mum was visiting us and even she got you lots of your favourite chocolates.

And the year before I surprised you with the tickets to see your favourite musical “Lion King”. And then I had Sara and your other friends waiting for us inside the Rossopomodoro restaurant to surprise you as we were going back home from the theatre. I pretended that I needed to pop in inside the restaurant to check something and here they were – waiting for you with birthday cake!

You were so surprised and I was so happy that I was able to make you happy.

Good times.

Who would have thought that your 2015 birthday will be so much different. Life can take such violent twists and turns.

Everything can change within a few days.

Everything.

I passed my English exams level 1. Had to make a Power Point presentation which went well, got a standing ovation.

It’s weird. I didn’t do much. I just talked about my experience when I was working on the QE2 cruise ship.

Nevermind.

My English teacher signed me up straight to English level 2 classes. I don’t care much to be honest. At least I am away from my cell. And I even get paid for it. I earn the whole 7 pounds a week here. Funny, isn’t it. Tragic in a way though.

Last night I started to think that maybe I should get my own business if I survive all this… I’d like to do something with art. People like my magic trees – the ones I create using watercolours. I love watercolours. Maybe I should call my business ‘The Magic Trees Art’? I wish I knew your opinion about it.

I guess, I will never find out.

A few days ago someone died here. People say he committed a suicide. I never knew who he was. I felt very sad about it though.

God is a joker (if he exists of course). He loves playing his little twisted games. But it’s not my job to judge.

Yesterday some young black guy started a fight on the exercise yard and hit some older guy with a can of tuna. There was some blood around and we had to immediately clear the yard and go back to our cells. It wasn’t pleasant.

The black guy has been put in a segregation unit – it’s a small building, where you have no TV, no radio – no nothing. Very basic.

There are always people there.

It’s almost midnight now baby, I’m gonna wrap up here. I miss you so fucking much.

Please be safe out there.

I love you.

Forever yours,

Sebastian

Copyright © 2018 Sebastian Bauer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..