Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

300 Letters - 30. Letter 29 (Eternal Silence of the Sea)

19.11.2015

 

Dear C,

I was running towards the beach.

It was sunny, but I remember seeing dark clouds covering the sky. It was hot, but the wind blew an icy cold air every now and then. The sea was very calm yet I could see some big waves on the horizon. There were a few people around me standing and watching me. I don’t know who they were.

Then I suddenly fell and started to float just above the ground. And then I recognized the entrance to the beach – it was the one I used to go on summer holidays with my cousins and my grandmother. We used to spend there up to 3 months every year as kids. The place is called Jantar and it’s at the Baltic sea.

Then I woke up. I felt terrified when I realised where I was. Being there, on that beach I felt safe, almost like the pain did not exist at all. And now I had to face another faceless day in prison. People I don’t have anything to do with, people who seem to feel proud of the crimes the committed. I have to face another day trying to convince myself that I will be ok, that it will pass and I will be free again one day. Convince myself that I will not lose my mind here.

I observed one thing recently – there is plenty of people here who get a great support from their wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends… I sometimes can hear them say: I love you, I miss you. And they exchange kisses with the ones they speak to. It’s so nice. I even once smiled hearing this. Then I broke into tears when I got back to my cell.

Today on TV I saw a video of someone called Alan Walker. The song is called “Faded” and it’s really good. Sad, but so beautiful. I was instantly mesmerized by the lyrics and by the sound. On top of this, the video is also beautifully made, it tells some story. Quite unheard of these days, where the videos show women shaking their tits and asses and guys throw their money around some sport cars. Boring.

I will have to check this Alan Walker one day when I’m out.

I also saw a video of Diana Wickers “One”. And I smiled. I think it was the first time I smiled here as I was thinking of you and of us.

Do you remember how we used to laugh at her saying that she was the queen of pop? First time in 4 months the memory of us together brought a smile upon my tired face. Does it mean that I have started to move on? But then again, if someone offered me to see you right now - but I would have to walk barefoot on a broken glass from here to London – I wouldn’t even think twice. I wouldn’t care about my feet. As long as I could see you and say hello…

This morning we were locked up for 3 hours as the ambulance came to collect another body. Someone must have died in the morning. I heard someone say it was another suicide from building 3. Whoever that was I hope he is in a better place than this.

It’s very cold here, I will wrap up now as my fingers are numb from cold. My window is opened and I can’t close it as I mentioned to you before. The handle that spins the mechanism is broken. These windows are different to what people have in their houses. I sleep with my winter jacket on tugged in my sweat pants. I look hilarious, but I don’t care.

Never felt so cold in my life.

 

Forever Yours,

Sebastian

Copyright © 2018 Sebastian Bauer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..