Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

300 Letters - 84. Letter 83 (Another one cut his throat)

Letter 83

30 April 2016

 

 

Dear C,

Another guy committed suicide last night. Apparently it happened around 3 in the morning. He cut his throat - well that's what people have been saying anyway, but I know how everyone likes to exaggerate here. Whatever happened - he is no longer with us. He was in building 7. That's where they keep very old men and very young ones together. I hope he found peace wherever he might be right now.

Life is such a moment. Such a thin rope for some and for some it seems like an unbearable journey they had to embark on. At times I feel like I don't want to be here anymore. I am trying to keep my shit together; I paint, I exercise. I occasionally smile too. I know how to smile, but I don't know happiness anymore.

Just the other day I was dreaming I was standing on one of those busy London streets and I was so hungry. Then I realize I could just go to any shop and buy any food I wanted. What a feeling! So I walked inside this cosy place and I ordered two boxes of sushi, two cokes and two cakes. As I was just about to pay for it, the sales lady reminded me that I am no longer in a relationship and that I don't need to buy anything for two people. First I was shocked at what she was saying, but then I realized that she was telling the truth. And I looked at the food I bought for you as it started to rot right in front of my eyes. Then it started to smell so terribly as some bugs came out of it. I threw it away ahead of me and then I woke up.

I felt so hopeless. I had a little cry in my pillow and tried not to have another meltdown. An hour later when they let us out I put on a fake smile and got on with my day.

I have been painting a lot these days too. Sometimes I look at all of my "artwork" and I'm thinking that it is complete crap. I often feel like throwing all of this away.

And I sometimes get so naively stupid in my head thinking that I could be doing this for a living once I'm out! What an idiot of me. Nobody would ever want to spend a penny on this. Most of the time I don't even know what I'm doing when I paint.

Anyway, I painted this 3 piece painting of 3 flowers in watercolours. I was actually playing with colours here and I wanted to make it quite dreamy. I like the colours of the background though.I am constantly saving money to buy more art materials. It's so expensive. Well it is expensive for me - I earn £7 a week here. For the last 2 weeks, I couldn't buy myself any milk because I am saving for some paintbrushes. And my watercolour paper is going down too and this coasts £14.99 for 10 pieces.

And the worst thing is that I cannot even see or touch the products - they are all in this art catalogue. And I am no art expert so I am not really sure what I'm buying most of the time.

I wonder how it feels like to actually walk into a real art shop and be able to see all these art goods there. It must be amazing. Maybe one day.

I heard on the radio the other day that Beyonce realized her new break up album "Lemonade". I bet you must have been very excited about it. Is it good? Well, what a question to you! Of course, it is... Is she actually getting divorced from Jay Z?

C, I hope you are looking after yourself there. I don't know anymore anything about your recovery progress neither do I know much about your well being. But all I can do is to hope that everything is and will be fine.

I am missing you.

 

Forever yours,

Sebastian

Copyright © 2018 Sebastian Bauer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..