Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

300 Letters - Prologue. Prologue

 
 

 
 
 
 

300 Letters 27 Months 0 Stamps

 

This is a collection of 300 letters which I have written to someone I'm going to call C.

They were written in a tiny prison cell, where I had to spend the longest 27 months of my life.

These letters have never made it to the post office, they are here with me today - in my little, green folder.

 

When eventually I wrote the very last one, I realised how brutally honest I had been all the way through.

These letters tell the story of the destruction of my heart and my spirit.

They talk about the battles I had to face with the most unforgiving ghosts of my lost love.

They are my journey through hell.

And when I used to think, that I hit another rock bottom - the ground opened up and I fell deeper.

Time and time again.

 

When I look at my letters today, I realise, how hard I tried to survive each and every day.

How much I actually wanted to live.

How somehow I managed to walk away from the puddle of my own fear, pain and loneliness.

How art saved my ass.

How it allowed me to discover the colours, and how eventually I found the light.

 

C doesn't know anything about these letters. I don't think, that he would care.

In time, his hatred towards me took his heart over.

We never had an opportunity to talk about anything that had happened between us.

We never had a chance to say goodbye to each other.

 

Now I live my life hoping, that I started a new chapter. Maybe a happier one. Or maybe worse.

I don't know. Time will tell.

 

And finally, maybe one day my story could help you find your own light within yourself - if darkness should ever knock on your door.

If so - sharing my letters makes sense.

 

Thank you

Sebastian Bauer

Copyright © 2018 Sebastian Bauer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Sebastian, I'm looking forward to you sharing your story in letters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drpaladin said:

Sebastian, I'm looking forward to you sharing your story in letters.

 DrP - thank you so very much! And I am now looking forward to sharing my letters with you guys :-)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..