Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

300 Letters - 47. Letter 46 (I am 40)

27.12.2015

 

Dear C,

So Here I am - officially 40 from yesterday.

David surprised me yesterday - the moments the guard unlocked my cell, David jumped in singing happy birthday! It was so embarrassing! I was half asleep and not really sure what was going on. He gave me a birthday card and a lot of people signed it wishing me a good day... It was bizarre but nice at the same time.

Then throughout the day, I had people coming to my cell wishing me a happy birthday... Weird. Tony came right after David, it was nice talking to him - as usual. He is an Irish guy, really cool and collective. George (the Spanish guy) made number 40 out of the matchsticks for me. How nice. A lot of people buy matchsticks here and they make things - to kill time.

And in the afternoon David brought me a "homemade" cake - kind of cheesecake with some jelly on top. It was delicious. I have no idea how he made it and if it was legal to make it - but I didn't care. He shared that cake with me, Jose and Martin. And you know what...? Just for a moment, I forgot where I was. It was so wonderful.

But then of course in all this joy I couldn't stop thinking about you. I never got any card from you. Then I hoped that maybe you would just email me. But you never did. And that's ok. I have to accept this.

I got an e-mail from Lisa wishing me a happy Christmas. She promised she would come to see me after New Year’s. I cannot wait. She has been promising to see me for a few months now, but I trust her so much and I know she will not leave me here. Her boyfriend Jay is out of a deportation centre in London. I think he got caught by the home office and he had no valid visa to stay in the UK any longer.

He is from Nigeria. I remember when we still worked together, she supported that guy financially when he was still held in that deportation centre and he visited him many times there. I hope they will work out together. She definitely loves him and I only hope he is not another scammer here who just wants to be with a white British woman he can marry to receive British citizenship. I do have a bad feeling about him, but I hope I am very wrong. Lisa even told me that I would be coming to her wedding there in Nigeria! Imagine that! I don’t even know where that country is in Africa.

I called my mum at 3 pm yesterday - the time I was born (more or less) 40 years ago. She wished me a happy birthday, but It was the saddest happy birthday ever. I so wanted to hug her. I hope soon I will.

How was your festive time? I believe you enjoyed plenty of great food. I still remember your mother's chicken - Chinese style. It was so good. I hope you are resting a lot C. I am sure you need this.

You know, today I gave 2 of my magic trees paintings to George and David D. David is a guy from Ecuador and he is a wing barber. I incorporated the colours of their countries' flags into the trees. It looked really nice. Spanish flag for George and Ecuadorian flag for David D. They loved it. And David D immediately asked me to sign it - he said that my art might be worth a lot one day. Funny that! My art will never interest anyone in the outside world. But that's ok.

You know, Jon who lives next door gave me a set of some used watercolour paints and a few used brushes. So now I can paint a little bit in my cell. I sometimes bring some sheets of watercolour paper back to my cell. I love it. Time starts to speed up when I paint. I lose myself in it.

Ok, babe, let me wrap up here.

I love you,

 

Forever yours,

Sebastian

 

http://www.sebastianbauerart.com

Copyright © 2018 Sebastian Bauer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..