Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,515 Words
  • 3,320 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 13. Days in the Sun 6

Chapter 13 - Days in the Sun

 
I woke up with the sun shining through the curtains of our window. I felt Victor’s warm arms wrapped around me. We were facing each other as we slept shirtless and I could feel the warmth of his body on me. I stared at him and took all of his beautiful face in as I marveled at his beauty. He truly was a beautiful man. He then opened his eyes moments later, his piercing green emerald eyes looking straight through my soul, “Good morning, honey” He said as he gave me a gentle kiss on the forehead.
 
I gave him a peck and said “Good morning too, love” I hugged him tighter into me as we spent the next few minutes just looking into each other’s eyes and enjoying each other’s warmth. But nature finally had its way and we made our way to the toilet for our morning piss.
 
We left the room and made our way to the suite’s living room and we decided to order in breakfast for everyone. Leo then walked in on us in the living room as Victor and I were just watching tv waiting for room service. Dad then groggily walked out of his room with a cup of coffee on his hand, looks like he could have used a few more minutes of sleep hehe.
 
Minutes later room service arrived and we all enjoyed some sausages, eggs, and toasts. We then all had our shower and dressed appropriately for the day. We’ve decided last night to check out the local museums in the morning, we dropped by a history museum and an art museum and we four really appreciated what we saw, saw some exhibits of up and coming local artists in the art museum. After the trip to the museums I felt more “cultured” hehe.
 
We then drove to the restaurant August said we’d be meeting at, he texted Victor the details last night, it was a few miles out of the city and the scenery was different, the cityscape gave way to more nature, then the trees gave way to a large vineyard, to which we saw a rather large building near it end.
 
We made our way to the building and we then found out that it was the restaurant August recommended, upon closer inspection, the building actually seemed to be an old large cottage converted into a restaurant. Wood paneling and beams decorating the entire structure. It was clearly upscale, private, and but quite homey as well. The building was colonial in style and it had an air of sophistication in it, we surely felt underdressed for this. “Wow... did not expect this to be a fancy place” Dad said.
 
“No worries, it may look fancy and actually may be fancy but there’s no dress code, so don’t worry about it” Victor said.
 
We were then welcomed by the front service staff and we were escorted to our table where August had been waiting for us.
 
“Glad you guys made it” he said with a smile. The waiter gave us our menus and the dishes were of Mediterranean in nature, we let August and Victor order for us to which we three were not disappointed of. Various plates of pasta and beef, lamb, and chicken made its way to our table. The smells were amazing, species of all sorts giving our dishes mouthwatering aroma that no one could refuse, inviting our tongues to give them a taste.
 
We then started eating and we basically talked mainly about how me and Victor met. “So it was love at first sight then? Hehe” August said with a laugh as he looked at Victor and myself.
 
Both of us turned a shade darker as we blushed and I said “well... you can put it that way hehe” trying to downplay how smitten I was when I first saw Victor.
 
We then talked about soccer and my dad’s job as a university instructor and his position in the state as well.
 
“This is so unfair Victor, you’re basically dating the son of your Liason officer, hehe, you’ll get the scoop then way faster than me, hehe”
 
“why don’t you date your Liason Officer’s son or daughter then?” Victor replied. Something I noticed since being with Victor is that the supernatural beings barely bat an eyelid on same sex relationships. No prejudice at all, seems like their long lives have given them some sort of perspective in how love can be a universal thing that does not impose certain moral standards on the sexual behavior of people. August seemed to be more interested in Victor having an actual love interest rather than Victor dating a guy.
 
“Haha, my Liason Officer is basically missing in action, that bloke’s too lazy to even lift a finger, *sigh, I course through all my correspondence with the state directly to the State Governor or via the alphas under me.” August said in between bites of his chicken.
 
“So what brings you in town then?” Victor asked.
 
“Oh... well I had to intervene with pack affairs, 3 packs almost went to war with each other over a silly sports bet, goodness, those runts can be so stubborn, I can’t believe I had to step in, I have council affairs to tend to you know, and here I am fixing pack squabble” he grunted.
 
“Why didn’t I hear of this? I’m sure the state could have helped” dad said.
 
“Well... these packs were actually in West Virginia that’s why you weren’t in the loop, I just dropped by the city for some time off hehe” August said.
 
“Oh, I see, but if you have any trouble at all here in Virginia, let me know okay, I’ll give you my number, I’ve met some of the local alphas in the state and they’ve been mainly easy to talk to” dad said.
 
“Well... now... that’s the type of Liason Officer I’m talking about, goodness if my counterparts in Maryland and West Virginia can be at least half as attentive and helpful as you are William”
 
“So what are your plans after this?” Victor asked August.
 
“Well... I’m planning to drop by Richmond tomorrow, I have a meeting with the State Governor then I’ll be back to Baltimore” he said.
 
“Oh good, Governor Powers is a great man, he’s pretty easy to talk to, send him my regards okay?” Victor said.
 
“Of course, hehe, I’m really glad to bump into you, I didn’t even know that you moved to Virginia, I’m glad you’re closer to me now, finally, an influential vampire near me, hehe” August said.
 
“Hey, now, isn’t Baltimore in District 5?, how are you with Terrence?” Victor asked.
 
“Oh, Terrence is great, we’ve met a few times but he’s always moving around between the states under his jurisdiction, unlike you he doesn’t have that much older vampires he can trust to run the states for him, and let’s be honest, you’re more influential with the Vampire High Council than Terrence is, hehe” August said with a wink.
 
We all enjoyed lunch with August, for a very influential and powerful werewolf, he’s very down to earth and actually funny and relatable. We all exchanged numbers with him and we all agreed that we should hang out again.
 
We then made our way back to the hotel, checked out at around 2:30 and we were soon on our way back home.
 
Victor spent dinner with me and dad, and we three basically shared stories about my childhood and dad shared funny stories he had with his students at the college, we then soon found ourselves watching a movie on Netflix and by 9pm Victor left for the night. I gave him a hug and a quick kiss and dad and I were off to bed soon.
 
My dream was more vivid this time, I swear it felt even more real than before, I can smell the books, the table, the building in its entirety, a new book was in front of me, it was bound in green leather, it was inscribed with a paw and crescent moon on it, I read it and it’s pages were adored with various diagrams. As soon as I finished the book I continued exploring the 10th floor of the tower, I was actually able to finish going around it and I was then able to climb up to the 11th floor, gosh I wish the next time I find the elevator, as I was already worrying how I’ll explore the higher floors if I’ll be spending most of my time on the stairs. The 11th floor was less ornate than the 10th, instead of books, various scrolls of paper were stacked on its shelves. I walked around to take it all in, and just like that, everything started to fade again.
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was wondering the same thing of what will Chris turn out to be as a prince and how did he actually come into this (I know about the dreams and the pendant) but why is he a prince? I am curious as to who gave it to him and why!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

The day in museums and lunch with August went very well.  I like August.  He seems very up front and honest.  I look forward to seeing him more in the story. The book with the green cover, moon and paw seems to hint that it is about werewolves.  I suspect the progression is based on what has happened in Chris' life and/or what's to come.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..