Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,652 Words
  • 3,388 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 32. Healing 3

Chapter 32 - Healing

 
Leo and Henry arrived at around 4:30, Dad dropped them off for our afternoon training session.
 
For our training session, it was a sparring match, me against Henry and Leo against August. I had to hold a laugh when Victor decided to pair Leo with August. August was a big and muscular guy and we all knew he was one of the most powerful werewolves there is! Leo tried to complain and groan against the match up but Victor never yielded, August on the other hand had this shit eating grin, actually it kinda felt to me that August was more than happy to be paired with Leo.
 
First match was me against Henry, we were both in the large mat in the middle of the training room.
Without warning, I launched myself against Henry, I knew I had to act first, no room for doubting myself, I tried to connect a punch with my right fist but Henry easily dodged it and he countered with a kick to my torso with his right foot. I was able to see it but wasn’t able to react fast enough. It hurt quite a bit and I knew Henry was holding back big time given his Vampire strength. I then flipped backwards landing on my two feet (something I’ve learned in the past few weeks), Henry ran towards me with fists ready to hit, I managed to block his left punch, deflected his next left kick but my muscles were starting to ache, I try to counter by spinning backwards and then flipping over and over and then running in a zig zag pattern and tried to land several kicks, all of which easily blocked by Henry, 5 minutes later, I was panting like hell and exhausted. Henry dodged almost all of my attacks while I barely dodged any of his!
 
The session between August and Leo was even worse! Leo was no match for August, a punch and kick from Leo were child’s play for August, even when Leo hit August with his strongest kicks, August barely even flinched. Leo at one point used his newly learned tricks of backflipping and spinning around the mat but that didn’t even cause August to lose his composure, all spinning kicks were blocked and one punch after another hit Leo.
“Not bad...” August said as they ended their sparring match.
 
“Yeah right” Leo grunted in response.
 
The shower after the training session was more than welcome. My muscles ached and were sore!
 
“What the hell was that for?!” Leo said as we were toweling off, clearly frustrated by being easily beaten by August.
 
“I don’t know dude! We were no match.” I sighed as I sat on one of the benches.
 
“We have to get better, I hate getting my ass kicked so easily, I didn’t even make August step back or even flinch”
 
“I get you Leo, Henry was extra hard this afternoon as well. But I’m happy we’re improving, well I think we are, do you remember a few weeks ago, we could barely hold our own for more than 3 minutes against Henry”
 
“Yeah, but we need more, and soon, I hate losing again and again”
 
“I get you” I sighed.
 
 
Leo and I had dinner at Victor’s place, we were joined by Henry, August, Troy and Mark. The table was more filled than usual and the conversations were very light, jokes were exchanged here and there, sometimes it’s so easy to forget that I’m surrounded by vampires and werewolves, it never occurred to me that they can be so normal. But then again, what did I expect?
 
August decided to stay the night at Victor’s place. We were dropped off by Victor in our neighborhood just a few minutes after 9pm.
 
“Dad, I’m home!” I called out.
 
“I’m in my office” Dad replied.
 
I peeked my head in dad’s office door and said my good night. He was swamped with work, something that’s become more and more frequent lately.
 
The following day was pretty much the same except I had to attend my second session with Dr. Rodriguez in the afternoon. I for one was excited for this session. The doctor had a certain way of calming me down and allowing our conversation to flow naturally, somehow I feel that I can be very honest with him, no judgments, just a person who’s there to listen to me and guide me cope with my distress and feelings.
 
Timothy made us comfortable in the waiting area while dad and I waited for my turn.
 
A few minutes later, Dr. Rodriguez’ office door opened and he called me in.
 
“How are you today Chris?” He asked, his warm smile telling me everything will be alright.
 
“I’m doing better... I think” I sighed.
 
“That’s good”
 
“Yeah, I think so”
 
“Any difficulties in eating? Sleeping?” Dr. Rodriguez asked.
 
“Nah... not really, quite honestly I was expecting nightmares but none as of the moment” I replied.
 
“Okay, that’s good, however remember, if you start to feel disturbed or have nightmares, don’t hesitate to let me know okay?”
 
The rest of the session was spent talking about recovery and how I should not let what happened to me define who I am. Dr. Rodriguez was very understanding of my fears and feelings of dejection and helplessness, he was slowly able to allay my fears and doubts about myself. The nagging feeling of me being at fault or me being worthless still lingered and sometimes it’s so easy to give in, However the doctor at every point was able to allay my concerns and shift my perspective for the better.
 
I left the clinic feeling better and looking forward to my next session.
 
“So how was it son?” Dad asked as we drove back to Greensburg.
 
“Dr. Rodriguez is a big help dad, I’m glad I’m seeing him, to be quite honest I was a mess, still am for some bit but I’m getting better”
 
Dad frowned a bit when I said that I felt I was a mess but his expression softened when I told him I was getting better.
 
“That’s good to hear Chris, remember we’re all here for you, and all those fuckers that did this to you will rot in hell we’ll make sure of that” Dad held my hand as he continued to drive. His firm hold on my hand told me how much he wanted to be there for me, and I couldn’t be any happier. I may think I’m damaged but I certainly feel that I’m healing.
 
Victor joined us for dinner at home. Victor brought with him some Chinese food and while we were preparing the table and heating some leftovers from lunch, Leo walked in.
 
“Hi!” Leo greeted as all.
“Hi Leo, join us for dinner?” Dad asked.
“Would love to Mr. Rogers” Leo replied.
 
Over dinner while we were eating, dad spoke. “Leo, your parents called me last night and let me know to look after you, next week, your parents will be out of town?”
 
“Oh really? I thought they were gonna break the news with you tomorrow, hehe, yeah, Dad has a doctor’s convention to attend to in New York next week and mom took some time off work to be with dad” Leo replied.
 
“Hmmm... I told them you can even stay the night here if you want” dad replied with a smile.
 
“Oh, there’s no need for that Mr. Rogers, but maybe I’ll take you on on that offer for a night or two” Leo gave me a wink.
 
“Yeah, sleepover! That would be cool! Victor you should join us!” I said. It’s been too long since I had a sleepover with by best buddy.
 
“Hehe, fine just let me know” Victor replied.
 
“Oh geez, no hanky panky okay?” Leo replied in jest.
 
“Eww, Leo!” I remarked back giving him a light shove.
 
“Just saying” Leo slyly smiled.
 
Victor and Leo stayed on for an hour or so after dinner for a quick Xbox game and then they were off.
 
I slept that night and was once back again in the tower. I’ve lost perspective of what floor I’m in now, I had to look down in the atrium and count the floors, after counting again and again I realized I was on the 15th floor. The books in this floor were different, instead of having no symbols or having a few inscribed symbols, the front of the books actually had titles. The titles were in a script similar to the writings I’ve seen before but of course I couldn’t read or understand whatever was written.
 
I went around the floor and looked around, that was until I was drawn to a book, it was bound in black leather, it’s title had writings of several characters in silver color.
 
I opened the book and I felt warmth. I lost track of time as I flipped from one page to another, I didn’t even realize that I didn't even try to find a spot to sit on, I was flicking through the back in the middle of the aisle.
 
When I finished ‘reading’ the book, somehow I felt the air around me feel warm and tingle. Then the dream slowly faded out as I slowly woke. My pendant now feeling all warm and heavier than usual.
 
I had a feeling I learned a thing or two today with the book, I can’t point it out but somehow I feel I’m growing every time I’m in the dream.
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 22
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It is interesting that August was chosen/choose to pair with Leo.  Is it a one time occurrence or a portent of things to come?  Dinner went well, although like travlbug I got a laugh at a vampire eating take out Chinese food.  The planned sleepover also sounds fun.  I was at first concerned about another black book in the tower, but it seemed benign and helpful to Chris.  I wonder why he didn't look out the windows again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..