Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,340 Words
  • 3,077 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 26. Broken Soul 1

Victor’s POV
 
We three were immediately accompanied to the hospital after the police informed us that they’ve rescued Chris.
 
Henry’s lead was right as they found the car pass by a security cam on the west side of town. They were able to track it to a run down neighborhood via other security cams in the area, good thing a judge friend of mine was able to grant a warrant for all security cams in the area, the neighborhood they found Chris in was in a town 20 miles west, as originally thought, it was the same town where the abduction from months before happened, the victim was too traumatized to give any details therefore the perpetrators were never arrested.
 
When we arrived at the hospital, we immediately rushed to the room. A young female nurse was just finishing with Chris as we entered the room.
 
“Please be as quiet as possible, he needs to rest. The doctor will be in shortly” she said as we entered.
 
We all nodded, not really knowing what to expect.
 
In the bed laid my beautiful angel, with an IV drip. His breathing and heartbeat were normal based on what I’ve gathered from my senses.
 
I noticed several bruises on his neck and face and rope marks on his wrists and feet. God what did they do to him?! I can feel my tears already welling in my eyes, William was already crying by then.
 
We three were all shellshocked to see our beloved so broken.
 
William could barely hold back a scream of pain and anger. Leo was crying and so was I. Whoever did this to him will pay.
 
After 15 minutes a middle aged doctor came into the room.
 
“Mr. Rogers?” He asked looking at the three of us.
 
“I’m William Rogers, Chris’ father, can you please tell me what happened to my boy, will he be alright?, Is he in any pain?, will he recover?” William said almost without pausing, as he sniffled. The only thing I can do at that point was give a reassuring grip on his shoulders.
 
“I’m Dr. Page and your son will make a full physical recovery. However... the details and circumstance of how this came about are quite delicate...”The doctor remarked, hinting that what may have happened to Chris must be held in confidentiality or must not be shared with strangers.
 
William just said “everyone in here is family doc. In one way or another, we love this boy, please just tell us.”
 
Dr. Page hesitated for a moment then he sighed. “Well... your son has been brutally abused as you can see on the bruises on his neck and the marks on his wrists and feet, and uhm...there’s no easy way to say this, and I’m sad to be the one to tell you this but Chris has been brutally and repeatedly raped based on our examination, several lacerations have been found in his anal cavity, he was tied rather tightly leading to the marks on his feet and wrists, the bruises on the neck might indicate possible if not repeated attempts on choking or strangling your son. We’ve already done several tests and let’s only hope he hasn’t gotten anything from his rapists, we’ve also given him a dose of Prep to avoid an HIV infection, we’ll closely monitor for any STDs” he explained.
 
William could barely hold his anger, Leo was shocked, and I was beyond livid, surely those bastards will face my wrath but now is not the time for revenge, I have to be with Chris first, he needs me, vengeance can wait.
 
The doctor left us to our thoughts for the next couple of hours. We sat in silence thinking over what happened and trying to accept that what’s been done is done, we have to think of how Chris will recover.
 
We three have barely said anything and barely even moved at all. The thought of my beloved being abused and used for the pleasure of those vile men made me seethe in anger, if the ones that attacked us before faced true death, I’ll make sure that these guys even face something worse than death itself, death would be a tad too kind for the likes of them.
 
At around 7pm I felt a faint change in heartbeat form Chris and I saw him awake. I ran to him and looked into his eyes... what I saw is something I’ll never forget. The eyes that looked back at me were of a broken soul.
 
Chris’ POV
 
I’ve lost track of time. I don’t know where I am I still can’t open my eyes but I think I’m still alive. The musky and dirty smell of the room as been replaced by the smell that can only be too familiar... the hospital.
 
I slowly opened my eyes and I was right. I was in the hospital. Beside me was my dad asleep, seated, holding my hand. Across were both Leo and Victor staring blankly into space, both with puffy eyes.
 
Victor first noticed that I was awake and rushed to my side. Dad woke up as well gripping my hand tighter.
 
“Chris... Chris.. I’m so sorry” dad said as he cried. “Chris... oh my... please... forgive...” My dad was sobbing at this point.
 
“Chris are you okay? How are you feeling baby?” Victor asked, holding back tears as he pushed my hair away from my face.
 
Leo was still seated but was starting to cry. He was clearly trying to put on a brave face but was miserably failing, I can see the worry, and relief on their faces as they see me now awake, I tried to empathize with them, but something was amiss, my emotions were dry, empty to be exact, it’s as if I’ve forgotten how to feel, such an odd sensation.
 
“Let’s go call the nurse” Victor said as he pushed the call button beside me.
 
The nurse immediately arrived and checked my vitals.
 
“The doctor will be with you shortly” she warmly smiled.
 
The doctor arrived within 10 minutes or so. “Hello Chris, I’m Dr. Page, I’ll be taking care of you” he said as he smiled at me and looked over my charts. The doctor looked to be in his mid forties, not fat nor thin, dad bod. He had a nicely trimmed beard and a clean shaven head. I found him to be a very nice guy, he seemed genuine enough.
 
I haven’t spoken since I woke. I didn’t want to or maybe I’ve lost the ability to speak? I don’t know.
 
“You’ll have to eat a lot of food and drink lots of healthy liquids young man.” Dr. Page said. “I’ve also prescribed you some low intensity pain killers and some sleeping pills if you’ll ever need them” he continued. “Do you feel any pain?” He asked.
 
I stayed silent.
 
He had this confused and worried look for half a second and gathered his composure again. He wrote some stuff on his charts and then went back to looking over me.
 
“Okay... you rest a lot okay, no abrupt movements of any sort, we’ll be monitoring you for the next 2 days or so, then we’ll see how it goes” he warmly said. His smile was disarming. It was warm and kind. He seemed genuinely concerned. There’s no doubt that he’s a good doctor. But somehow there’s a disconnect, I feel detached.
 
Dad, Leo, and Victor were all crying and happy to see me awake. Caressing my face every now and then. All three saying how happy they are to see me. However, I felt, nothing, I felt numb, I felt ... dead inside. If this feeling was something that would last forever, I think I’d rather ... die.
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 6
  • Sad 24
  • Angry 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

As soon as I saw the title of this Chapter I thought, "Uh Oh!" This is really not gonna be good. I know I said that in my last comment but I meant that one more in regards to the Loved Ones reactions.

The fact that this whole set of Chapters is called Broken Soul means it could possibly get worse before it gets better and that it will, as you'd expect, be a journey.

The thing that surprised me was that it was the Police that found Chris. I know the Vamps gave them the direction, but with the resources Chris must have available to him? Plus the Police, having had someone abducted before, did not think of the possibility of a connection between that and Chris going missing, etc?

So, who is gonna bring him back? I know the obvious choice is Victor, but...

How long has it been since Victor spoke with his Sire about Chris's pendant. Will Victor's Sire pay them a visit?

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It will probably take Chris awhile to get over his ordeal but with his dad's, Leo's and especially Victor's help, I feel he will get better! He has to since he is the Elvish Prince!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

After murder, rape is one of the most heinous crime.  What Chris suffered will take a lot of healing.  It will take a lot of time, patience and love from his family to get him healed to the point he can function somewhat normally.  Victor can risk going into Chris' mind at this point, but maybe later he will be able to help him using his powers.  As vulnerable as he is now, he might be thinking of turning as a way of defending himself.  Again, this would not be good.  Since there are elves about, they might also be able to assist in his healing.  I'm sure if they know about the attack they will also be out for revenge/justice.  Personally, I would suggest a sex change without pain killers for the rapists.  When they are healed, banish them to where ever the demons went for further punishment as long as they survive.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..