Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,569 Words
  • 4,440 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 41. Days of Calm 1

Monday morning, I cooked breakfast for dad and myself. Dad woke surprisingly earlier than expected, especially since he’s been having late nights due to work which has led him waking a bit later the usual.
I honestly don’t know how he juggles everything, he’s even still in shape, I don’t know when he manages to insert gym in his busy schedule.
 
My worksheets have been a breeze more than usual, it’s either I’m getting better at this or things have just become routine, I dunno but I’m happy I don’t have to ask for dad’s help every now and then, he could certainly use a break from teaching me as well. It’s just a few more months until my matriculation exams and then college, sigh.
 
Victor had lunch with us, he brought some take out pasta from Martin’s Cafe and we three really loved it.
 
“Damn, this pasta is good!” Dad said as he ate a forkful of Carbonara.
 
“I can only agree with you William, damn Martin is a good cook” Victor agreed. “Hmm... I was thinking, Thanksgiving is next week right?, me and my vampire family usually gather at least once a year and that’s more often than not during thanksgiving, why don’t you both join us?, I’d invite Leo as well but I can already assume he has plans with his parents, anyway, I’m looking forward to introducing my boyfriend and his dad to the rest of my family” Victor suggested with a hopeful smile.
 
I only smiled back and looked at dad, to which he only replied “why not? Thanksgiving with a bunch of vampires? Count me in! Hehe”
 
“It’s settled then, maybe you both can stay the night then as well”
 
“Sure... that would be nice” I replied.
 
“Anyway... Raymond is already in town and he’s excited to meet you later, William you should join us, meeting the District’s Chief of Security would be good”
 
“I can only agree with you there Victor, I believe I’ve met a few of his agents before but never Raymond himself, it’s time we fix that” Dad smiled then looked at me “Seems like you dating the Governor has given me the opportunity of who’s who in the vampire world” I only giggled in reply.
 
“Okay it’s settled then, and haha, William, you should watch out for Chris, if I only knew better, your son here is not human!, man... you’re son here is a beast in the ring” Victor laughed while I internally squirmed, please don’t dig further into this I thought.
 
“Everything alright son?” Dad asked
 
“Yeah... sure... just didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of you, I heard this Raymond guy is way faster than Henry”
 
“Don’t worry Chris. It’s just practice, Henry’s too slow for you now anyway” Victor held my hand and reassured me.
 
“Faster than Henry?” Dad asked in disbelief. His eyes boring into me as if asking for some sort of explanation.
 
“Yeah... imagine... a human faster than a vampire almost into his 80th year as a vampire, this is certainly a one in a million event” Victor replied.
 
“Woah... how?!” Dad was clearly surprised now.
 
“Well... looks like you have a special child here”
 
“Uh Huh” dad gave me a questioning look as if he expected me to admit to using steroids or something.
 
That afternoon, dad drove me again to my session with Dr. Rodriguez.
 
The session was as helpful as ever, the doctor worked through my doubts, and anxiety, and feelings I thought I could never quite articulate he was able to pull out from me, the trauma of what happened to me is still somewhat fresh, but slowly, I’m healing, I’m looking forward to being with Victor and dad and Leo for a very very long time.
 
I’m not entirely sure how long these meetings with Dr. Rodriguez will last but I’m really thankful for this. He has certainly helped, although I may act better in front of my dad and the others, the internal turmoil is still somewhat there, I’m glad I’m able to address it.
 
Dad then drove us to Victor’s place, I’m not entirely sure how to call his place anymore, I’m only sure it was a mansion inside an apartment style building hehe.
 
We were greeted by Mark as we entered the living space, the housekeeper was busy cleaning the area. “Hi Chris, Hi William” he greeted us as he dusted some furniture. The blonde guy was a ball of energy this afternoon. “They are already waiting for you at the training room...” he remarked.
 
“More like training floor” I answered with a slight laugh. I was sure dad was in for a surprise the moment he sees the training area, it’s really word class.
 
“Come on dad, you haven’t seen this part of the house yet, it’s ridiculous!” I took dad to the elevator behind the one of the corridors and dad was clearly surprised with the amenities of this building.
 
Dad whistled “This sure is more than just your regular house eh?”
 
“Yeah, and I think I haven’t seen half of it, it’s like the district’s White House, I’m surprised we don’t see much people around here but the way it’s been fitted out and prepared seems to make it look like it has a lot of room for various stuff”
I answered.
 
“We can’t expect any less from them, hehe” dad chuckled.
 
The elevator brought us to the basement training floor, and dad again was awestruck by the facilities and equipment.
 
“I think you should quit your gym membership and just work out here, huh?” I said to my dad as I patted his shoulder.
 
“I might just do that” he mused as he took everything in.
 
We both were then greeted by Victor, Henry, and another man whom I assumed to be Raymond.
 
“You’re here!” Victor greeted me with a chaste peck on the lips.
 
“Chris, William, this is Raymond, District 4’s Chief of Security, Raymond, this is Chris my boyfriend, as you’ve already heard, and this is his father, William Rogers, our State Liason Officer for Virginia”
 
We all shook hands. Raymond stood at around 5’9 just an inch or so taller than me, he looked to be in his later twenties, he had light dark chocolate complexion, he had black curly hair that were cut very short, his eyes were hazel brown, his face was beautifully masculine, a prominent set of cheekbones, and a well defined jawline, his muscle tone was not far behind, he was nicely trimmed and cut, all lean muscle.
 
“Nice to finally meet you both” he greeted with a smile.
 
“you too as well” dad replied.
 
“William... why don’t you make yourself comfortable as we get these two warmed up” Victor suggested. To which dad found himself a spot near the sparring mat.
 
Raymond and I walked towards the mat area and warmed up for almost 10 minutes.
 
“I hear you beat Henry easily” Raymond said while we were stretching.
 
“Uh... I don’t know what they’ve said but I’m not really that good, maybe I’m faster than normal but I don’t know shit, I’m sure you’ll beat me easily, they say you’re a speeder and quite honestly I think they’ve overstated my abilities to you, I hope I don’t disappoint you”
 
“Oh... a humble guy... I’m starting to see why the governor has been smitten with you, aside from the good looks you have” he grinned the looked towards Victor and added “you can certainly pick out the best looking ones, boss”
 
To which I can only shyly blush.
 
Henry served as our referee while Victor sat with dad in the sidelines.
“You gotta see this” Victor said to my dad as we were about to start.
 
“I hope you know what you’re doing, Chris might be better than most but letting him fight with a speeder, that might be overkill isn’t it?” Dad replied.
 
“You haven’t seen what we’ve seen, just watch...”
 
Raymond and I took our positions, Raymond had a different stance compared to Victor and Henry, this should be interesting. The moment Henry gave us the signal to begin, Raymond disappeared in front of me, he was almost leaving after images from his wake, I was warned beforehand that he’s faster than Henry but I did not expect this!
Within half a second he was already throwing punches and kicks right at me, and I could barely keep up, I blocked most of his attacks but a kick from his right foot sent me almost flying away, I was able to recover almost immediately to my surprise, standing upright almost immediately after that kick.
 
“You’re fast” he said, with a slight smug look on his face as if i was a rare treat for him to play with. Then he continued “but I’m way faster”
 
Then the follow of strikes came at me, blocking and dodging was all I can do, at some point I was flipping and spinning in the air just to give myself some more distance from Raymond and some more time to think!
 
I was panting by the 10th minute and Raymond has barely broken a sweat.
 
“Hmm... I did not expect you to last this long...” he mused as he observed me from afar.
 
I had no reply for that, I had to think of something, this is training right? I had to improve! Raymond was observing me, he was now taking his time, I gladly took it as an opportunity to search in my mind for any tricks or whatever that I might have learned from Patri or Yal or Henry... then it hit me... the books! the scrolls! I then let the thoughts flow into my body, I did not honestly know what was happening but I had to try, I don’t know what I was trying to prove in this match, it’s not as if Victor or the rest were expecting me to win this, maybe I wanted to prove something to myself or maybe I’m just a show off, or maybe I was a masochist even.
 
I then changed my stance, my feet now more widely spaced and now my posture being more lower, my hands now only using my index finger and my middle finger in a pointed position, the rest of my fingers now curled up.
 
Raymond noticed the change in my demeanor and he gave me a slight nod. I went for the an all out offensive, I felt the difference, I was faster, and even more agile.
 
I then launched myself towards Raymond, but now instead of my usual flow of attacks, it was as if I was dancing in the air, my movement more fluid yet more forceful than before.
 
Raymond blocked my attacks but it was obvious it was taking active effort from his part to do so. He was now exerting more effort in anticipating every move I make, similar to how my entire mind and body were working in overdrive to keep up with every movement coming from Raymond.
 
His movements now seemed to be slower to me, he was still fast but now I can at least track his movements and not just leave it all to guesswork or instinct for my responses.
 
After a few more minutes, Raymond and I were pretty much evenly matched. I then put my right hand on the floor, the rest of my body now in the air, and with a kick from my left foot I sent Raymond flying several feet away. That kick certainly caught him by surprise.
 
I then again launched myself towards him, I was starting to tire but he was tiring out as well. We each landed a blow or two against each other, his attacks were strong, but I barely felt any lasting pain, I certainly was getting better at this.
 
It seemed that we were both evenly matched, speed and strength wise, for every punch or attack I give he is able to block, and the same for every time he does the same to me.
 
By the 20th minute of our match, Henry stopped it and declared it a draw, I’d accept that, and it seemed that Raymond did as well. We were both tired by this point.
 
Raymond and I shook hands and he said “good match, if I knew better you aren’t human” he smiled.
 
There’s that remark again, how long would it take for them to realize that I am half not human, maybe the idea is just too out of this world for them, even for Victor that they won’t or haven’t even seriously considered it.
 
After showering and changing my dad went to me and said “wow... Chris... all that in a few weeks?, wow, that was amazing son, if you’re gonna bring that into soccer, you’ll be unbeatable!” He proudly said.
 
“Hmm soccer... I haven’t thought about that, Hehe” I chuckled.
 
“Wow... that was even better than last time” Victor said as he congratulated me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Hmm... you guys are good teachers” I replied with a smile.
 
“Come on let’s eat” Henry called from the doorway leading to the elevator.
 
Leo wasn’t able to join us for training this afternoon as he had a school project to deal with, however he was updated by Victor about my new level of improvement, much to Leo’s delight yet also frustration that I was getting way better than him.
 
Dad and I spent dinner at Victor’s household. Over dessert, Raymond and Dad talked about state affairs.
 
Sleep came in easy that night, and within moments I was already again at the library. Now I’ve finally found my way to the 16th floor, ever since I’ve met with Patri and Yal, I really haven’t had the time to scan the books again, I found myself drawn to several books, all of which I gathered and put down on a table.
 
As much as I wanted to see Patri and Yal again, I thought I might give them a break and allow them to go on with their duties for now,
I thought I had some reading to do anyway, if anything I felt that I actually had to do some reading, it’s been too long.
 
I decided to pick several books from the shelves, I was actually surprised that now the books were ‘stuck’ in their place and I was now able to freely choose whichever book I wanted to read.
 
I decided on skimming over 3 random books, I’m not entirely sure if my picks were completely random but to an extent I was indeed drawn towards the said books.
 
Calmness and warmth surrounded me as I closed the last book for the night. I felt somewhat satisfied and at peace, whatever these books contained certainly helped in one way or another, I’ll maybe find out later in what way.
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Chris' powers are growing each time he uses them.  During the fight he access knowledge from the books and immediately put them to use.  Since Raymond is seeing Chris for the first time, I think he realizes that Chris is not human.  I too believe that Chris will need to tell them.  Soccer season?  Either Chris will have to learn how to slow down, or quit the team.  Since Chris is a nice person, I think he'll come up with a reason to quit.  Shouldn't the letter from Stoker U be here soon?  I'm betting both Leo and Chris will be accepted.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..