Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 3,654 Words
  • 3,417 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 82. Preparations 2

Luca, Victor, and August spent the following hours hunkered down in Luca’s study. It seemed like they were in deep discussion as to how to move forward and address the issue regarding the Anami sighting.

Dad, Leo, and I were eating lunch with Hashim when the three ended their meeting. Victor immediately took the seat beside me and gave me a kiss on the cheek, the worry and anxiety that I had been feeling must have been written all over my face for Victor to hug me so tight and whisper “don’t worry, everything will be alright, we’re just figuring this out, that’s all”

Reza took the empty seat across from me and just observed Victor and I. August, not far from us, was keeping Leo up to speed as well, and was reassuring his boyfriend that all was fine.

We continued eating lunch and Luca and Reza seemed comfortable with each other. They both discussed non-confidential vampire council affairs, some of which were actually funny.

Reza thanked Luca for lunch, and he left the estate just before 1pm.

However, before he left, he pulled me close for a hug and said “Don’t worry, and also...when you’ve sorted out my request with your grandfather, please, let me know...Luca will know how to get in touch with me”

I nodded in recognition of what he had said. And just like that, Reza climbed into his SUV and was off.

That afternoon, Victor decided that we should go to London, and shake the anxiety and tension out of our system. We were all in the living room when he asked if we were interested in going around London for a bit. Everyone jumped at the opportunity, except for Luca who said he had a video conference meeting with the High Council, and the old vampire was easily able to assuage Victor’s and my concerns when he said “It’s not about the Anami...this is a different matter” Victor gave his sire a quizzical look, to which Luca only added “You’ll know soon enough, it’ll be in the Vampire News Portal soon”

“Huh? What do you mean sire?”

“Patience, my boy”

“Fine...come on guys, let’s get ready” Victor huffed as we all took our showers and got dressed for the day.

It felt weird as we were driving out of the estate, having a line of three bentley sedans drive from the estate to London seemed unreal. In the first sedan were several agents, the second was taken by Victor, Dad, and I while on the third had August and Leo.

As we were pulling over near the British Museum, I looked at Victor and said “I hate to break it to you, but it’s a holiday, and this museum is closed” which only earned me a knowing smile from my boyfriend. It took me a few seconds to realize, then I nearly said in disbelief “oh...no...no you didn’t”

“What’s this all about?” Dad asked?

“Uhm... I think, Victor arranged a private tour for us of the museum”

“You can do that?” Dad asked in equal disbelief.

“It wasn’t me, Luca made it happen, hehe, thank him later” Victor chuckled.

As we all got off the car, I noticed August and Leo looking equally confused as they both also expected the museum to be closed as well.

August and Victor locked us, and August just chuckled and shook his head as he muttered “vampires”

We were escorted into the museum by a nice brown haired man, who seemed to be in his early thirties. He introduced himself as Frank, and he said he was going to be our guide for the afternoon.

We spent the next few hours going around the museum, and Frank was more than happy to answer any questions from our group, he was actually quite an enthusiastic person. Initially, It weirded me out that we had the entire place to ourselves but half an hour into our tour, I started settling in, and Leo seemed to be not far behind as well.

The rich amount of artifacts and cultural wealth that was in the museum was completely mind boggling, artifacts and works of art from thousands for years ago now lay in front of me.

I specifically enjoyed the Egyptian section of our tour, seeing the Rosetta Stone up close without having to fight off other tourists or onlookers was a welcome experience.

Seeing up close granite statues of egyptian pharaohs certainly took my breath away. However when we got to the Greek and Roman rooms, I was completely taken in total awe. I marveled at The Parthenon Marbles or Elgin Marbles, and other works from olden times.

As we walked around the room, and while Frank was answering one of dad’s questions, I drifted a few feet away from our group, I ended up observing a glass box that had various amulets, bracelets, and pendants, I was completely drawn in by the artifacts, all equally beautiful in their own right. And just like that, the Eyaha ring, that I’ve continued to wear from the time in the night market, started to grow warm, and my tattoos started to tingle.

At one point the tingling in my tattoos got uncomfortable and it was taking all of my concentration to hide my discomfort. I had to take deep breathes and just like that, the ring on my finger melted into me, and several of the artifacts I’ve been observing, disappeared as well.

I was taken out of my trance when Victor approached me and asked “Chris...are you okay?”

“Uhm...yeah, I’m fine” I replied as I tried to recompose myself.

“Are you sure?”

“I just felt tingly...and my tattoos...”

“Should we leave?”

“No... I’m fine, it’s getting better, I swear”

“Okay...” Victor gave me a concerned look and then a soft kiss on the cheek then we went on joining Frank and the rest of the group.

We spent a total of 5 hours in the museum, and we profusely thanked Frank for accommodating us.

The time we spent in the museum wasn’t enough though as we still had several areas that we wanted to check out, thus we all decided to come again some other time.

After the British Museum, we all then decided to drop by the London Eye, and I’ll never know why I’m still surprised that Victor was able to manage to get the five of us our very own capsule. The sun had already set, and seeing London at night from the vantage point above the city was certainly refreshing and gave me a different perspective from what I’d seen on the ground.

We all enjoyed the view and took several pictures of ourselves as well.

We ended the day at one of the city’s upscale restaurants where Victor was somehow, again, able to make reservations for us. The food was great...and expensive as expected, but Victor paid for us anyway, ‘oh my... is Victor becoming a sugar daddy?’ I had to laugh at that thought.

On our way back to the estate, Victor was more pensive and a little bit more withdrawn.

“Are you alright Victor?” I asked.

“Uhm...yeah...why?”

“You seem distracted”

“Oh...uhm. It’s nothing, I just checked the Vampire News Portal...and there’s just been some development, that’s all”

“Anything we should be worried about?” Dad chimed in from the front seat.

“Oh no, this is nothing, just some High Council stuff”

“Okay then” I said as I laid my head on the crook of his neck as we

drove back to the estate.

—-

I was totally wiped out when we got to our room, I took a quick nap while Victor was checking his work emails.

When I woke from my nap, it was already midnight, but instead of continuing my sleep, I was already refreshed, and decided to give Patri a visit as I also needed to relay Reza’s request for an audience.

I kissed Victor goodbye as he was checking his laptop, and told him I was visiting Patri, and just like that I was back in the realm.

I found myself in one of the corridors of the administrative section of the palace, I expanded my energy and felt Patri’s energy signature in a room not far from where I was.

I immediately changed my clothing to the more elvish kind and then walked towards the room. I scanned my hand on the glass panel near the door, it went green and I could hear the faint sound of the door unlocking.

Patri was with two other elves, two guys that seemed to be in their mid thirties, both having Turkish features and thus most likely, from the Heradeya Tribe like Etalos.

Patri looked in my direction, and he was mildly surprised with my appearance, while the two guys exchanged confused looks with each other.

“Ah Chris... good to have you here”

“Uhm... sorry, should I just come back?”

“Nonsense...these are two guys that have been asking me nonstop to meet you” Patri replied with a slight chuckle.

“Huh?”

“Uhm...these are Masters Estano and Etgaros” Patri introduced the now standing men who who looked stood to be around 6’2 and were wearing green and yellow robes.

“Hi...I’m Chris” I said, holding my hand out which was warmly received first by the slightly more bulky of the two.

“I’m Estano, it is a pleasure your highness” the guy bowed which was followed by Etgaros who shook my hand and bowed as well.

Patri then explained further, “They’re both the co-headmasters of the Earth Magic Kashi or High Academy, and will be your mentors once we begin your earth magic training”

“Oh...I see, It is a pleasure to meet you both, and I look forward to learning from you” I said.

“We look forward to teaching you the ways of the Earth, young Prince”. Etgaros said.

“Thank you for having us your majesty” Estano said to Patri as both guys bowed and left the room.

“I hope I didn’t catch you in the middle of something important”

“Not at all, we were just finishing, and it was mainly about your training, which, I might add, they’re both excited to start with” Patri said as he stood from his chair and gave me a hug

“So...how are the holidays?” Patri asked.

“Oh...uhm. Right, Luca is such a generous host, and we had fun around London today”

“That’s good, I’m glad you’re enjoying”

And then I had to bring up Reza’s request.

“Uhm...Patri...uhm...”

“Yes?”

I was now anxious, and fidgeting, what if Patri will be angry if I tell him that the oldest vampire of the High Council now knows of my... no... our existence!

“Uhm... I kind of bumped into someone”

“and who might this be?” Patri gave me the sort of look that you would give when you expect someone to continue what he or she was saying.

“Uhm...you might not know or remember him but ...well... his name is Reza Hatami”

Patri had that look on his face that told me he knew who I was talking about. He clearly remembered Reza.

“The Vampire Councilor?”

“Yes”

“Interesting” Patri mused.

“And...I assume, he’s noticed your scent, it’s hard to miss for someone his age”

“Yes Patri... I’m so sorry” I said as I tried to cover my face in embarrassment and disappointment to myself.

Patri pulled me close to him and soothed my back. “It can’t be helped, you’re too powerful to remain hidden, we can’t cloak your presence it’s actually a miracle that you went unnoticed in the human world for so long since your powers have awakened”

“So...you’re not angry?” I asked as I sniffles and trying my best to hold back my tears.

“No...of course not, this was unavoidable, it was bound to happen, though of course, we’d have liked it to happen under our terms, but it can’t be helped” Patri said as he continued to comfort me.

“I’m really sorry”

“Don’t be... it’s okay, so what happened?, I assume it wasn’t that bad? Cause if it were bad I hope you would have told me immediately, Vampires can be unpredictable, but I’ve met Reza before...hundreds of years ago, he seemed decent then”

“Well... I met him during a vampire gathering, and I didn’t know who he was and his standing in the vampire community, it wasn’t until when we got home that when I mentioned it, that Luca and Victor explained to me the gravity of the situation”

“And?”

“Well... Reza showed up in Luca’s estate the following day”

“What did he do?” Patri asked me curiously, and maybe he was slightly concerned about what could have transpired as well.

“Reza. He...wants an audience with you”

“And for what purpose?”

“I’m not sure, but it seems it has something to do with the Anami”

“Hmm...I’ll have to bring this matter with the Advisory Council and with the Elven High Circle as well”

“Okay...”

“But it can’t be helped, it seems we’ll have to re-engage with the other races, albeit to a limited extent, for us to resolve this matter, these are trying times” Patri paused then continued “Chris... let me discuss this with the my Advisors and the other members of the High Circle okay?”

“Of course Patri”

“Well...Yalekin, Rehanmir, Selvenus , and myself have already laid out a plan of action for this scenario, I’ll just have to get the input of other senior elves”

“You have?”

“Of course we’ve planned for this scenario... it’s just that things are now progressing much faster than anticipated”

“Okay... thank you Patri”

“Chris... would you need to have Elven agents for your protection in the human world?” Patri asked.

“Huh? Why?”

“Just in case something happens, I can’t accept in my conscience to have you out there without an Elven escort”

“I’m fine Patri... you know I can handle myself” I smiled at him.

“I know that”

“Don’t worry Patri... I already have vampire agents following me around anyway”

“If you insist” Patri relented, he knew I was more than powerful enough to defend myself should the occasion deem in necessary.

Then Patri and I left the room and made our way from the Celestial Palace or the administrative hub of the palace to the residential palace where Etalos was waiting for me.

I spent the next few hours in the library, and even asked Etalos to be my assistant in several magic experiments.

I had to hold back with my energy levels in our practice as Etalos was just still a Bronze level elf, I can’t have him seriously hurt himself assisting me.

I tried to ask Etalos more details about the Ascension, as I was really curious of the entire event, but my lovely assistant refused to divulge any details.

I ended the day in the Elven realm with Patri and Matra over some Taka Bread. Matra was excited to see me again, as it’d been several days since she last saw me, her engagements with the officers in towns in the Elven countryside had taken up most of her time the past few days.

—-

Victor’s POV

It was on our way back from London when I checked my phone and logged in to the Vampire portal. I was curious as to why a High Council decision would be made public, such things were a rarity. And it didn’t help that Luca seemed to be hiding something from me or was at least avoiding the topic when I tried to discuss it with him again before we left the estate.

I logged in the portal and the news was indeed surprising.

The main article was:

“Gina Barfield retires”

Gina Barfield, one of the High Council members is resigning.

She’s a good friend of Luca and is actually the Councilor that was appointed before Luca, as far as

I know, she’s based in Seattle and is 397 years old and has been on the High Council since 1902.

Attached in the headline was a statement from the Vampire High Council.

Councilor Gina Barfield had informed the VHC of her intent to resign from her post last December 2, 2019.

Today, December 26, 2019, the High Council has accepted her resignation.

In line with this, the nominating process for a new Councilor has been opened.

The Ten nominees with the most number of nominating/sponsoring votes by 11:59 of January 6, 2020 will be invited by the VHC for the initial panel discussion of merits.

Location, date, and time of the Panel discussion will be announced shortly.

All Governors and High Council Members are hereby encouraged to log their nominating/sponsoring votes via their respective portals.

Only the nomination of qualified individuals will be accepted.

We thank Gina for her dedication and service to the Vampire Community, we wish her the best.

Victoria Leonova

VHC Councilor and Spokesperson

Oh I’ll be damned. It’s been more than twenty years since there was a VHC vacancy, and that was when Agatha Thorne and her cohorts were expelled.This should be interesting.

When Chris left for the Elven realm, I immediately made my way to Luca’s study. I didn’t bother to knock. My sire was on his laptop as I entered.

“You’ve seen the news?” He asked.

“Of course I have, why didn’t you tell me?”

“It wasn’t official until we voted to accept her resignation” Luca then stood to meet me, he squeezed my shoulders and met me in the eye. “You know what this means”

“I don’t”

Luca chuckled a bit and went back to his chair. “You’ll see... you can be so thick sometimes” he laughed again. “You know... you’re going to be nominated”

“Just like in 1998?” I asked remembering the year long voting process as the 2/3 threshold was very difficult for the nominees to reach.

“If you just held on and didn’t withdraw your name, you could have been sitting with me in the High Council”

“I doubt that”

“You underestimate yourself, son” Luca said.

I grunted and ended up walking back to our room. Luca’s certainly going to try and push me for the nominating process. And somehow when the 1998 elections were over, he was somehow able to convince me to take on Governorship of District 4.

I went to sleep, my sleep was rather peaceful. Not having Chris beside me bothered me a bit, but I knew he had things to do in the realm.

I woke up before sunrise.

I immediately went to the toilet to relieve myself and then decided to have some coffee.

I was with Stefano and Patrick in the kitchen, drinking coffee when I decided to check the Vampire Portal.

I checked the leading nominees and I had to cough and do my best to not spill my drink when I saw the list of nominees and their corresponding number of nominating/sponsoring votes.

  1. Gov. Victor Meyer, District 4 - 12 votes
  2. Gov. Robin Latham, England - 5 votes
  3. Gov. Joseph Pitcher, District 2 - 5 votes
  4. Gov. Domna Tsiaras, Greece - 4 votes
  5. Gerd Spahn, CEO EEVIG - 4 votes
  6. Bruno Borne, CEO RIG - 4 votes

... and the list went on. As of 7:08am there were more than 20 nominees, all either Governors or prominent business executives in the vampire community.

I checked my tab and had to see who were my 12 sponsors.

The first two were expected as they were good friends of mine.

  1. Gov. Terrence Foxx - D5
  2. Gov. Dianne Walker - D6
  3. Gov. Joseph Pitcher - D2
  4. Gov. Robin Latham - England
  5. Gov. Allan O’Hara - Scotland
  6. Gov. Hywell Edwards - Wales
  7. Gov. Nicole Parly - Southern France
  8. Gov. Luciana Costa - Northern Italy
  9. Gov. Roberto Boccia - Central Italy
  10. Gov. Vicenzo Pisano - Southern Italy
  11. Gov. Kohei Edano - Tokyo
  12. Councilor Robert Wallace

Okay, I had to breathe, this was so unexpected. I’m leading the nomination process, and by a lot! And why the hell did Robin nominate me?!

I went to see Luca in his study, he was reading the news paper, and when he saw me, he had a shit eating grin on his face.

“You did this” I grumbled.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about... Good morning by the way” Ugh and he was smiling ear to ear!

“You had the whole of Italy nominate me!”

“Oh...I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Luca... you know that...”

And he cut me off.

“Patrick is more than ready to be Governor of District 4, and now... it’s your time to be in the High Council where you belong! You’ve put this off for more than twenty years already”

“You even had Councilor Wallace nominate me...everyone knows that he’s your best friend in the Council!”

“I don’t think people know us that well, and again... I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Luca...”

And again my sire cut me off as he looked at his phone... “Ah... would you look at that... it seems you just had your 13th sponsor”

I immediately checked my phone and Luca was right

13. Gov. Edmund Söder, Bavaria

And it hasn’t been 24 hours yet since the nominating process began.

I groaned. “It doesn’t matter, it’s the Council vote that matters in the end” I huffed.

“Yes my dear boy... 10 out of 14”

“Robin will catch up” I remarked and then I added “and you’ll have to abstain from voting for me so that’s 10 out 13 now”

“Let’s see about that” Luca replied, oh and did I mention he had that shit eating grin again? I wanted to punch him,good thing he’s so god damn good looking. My sire can be quite pushy sometimes, I mean I’m already Governor, and I’m fine with being Governor. Argh.

Thanks @Etotsira
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 23
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 4/18/2020 at 8:11 AM, Paqman said:

Next day, confused curators were frantically viewing CCTV recordings trying to work out what happened to the exhibits.

This!!! Chris is committing thievery...even if he doesn't mean to. As this continues to happen, I'm just laughing so hard! I just want there to be a big moment where Chris realizes this next time he "steals" a precious artifact and just says, "Whoopsies!" 

Other than that, great chapter. Part of me wants Victor to take the VHC spot, but also not to, as that may lead to less time with his beloved. 

And...I'm still waiting on that August/Leo POV chapter ;)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..