Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,842 Words
  • 3,434 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 48. Show of Strength 2

Henry, Raymond, Lucy, Erica, and Patrick stood expectantly, waiting for an explanation from either Victor or myself.
 
I looked at Victor looking for help, and also with a look saying both ‘oops and I’m sorry’.
 
Victor just gave me a small smile and looked back to his progeny.
He then said “Well... for the past few weeks we’ve all noticed Chris’ marked improvement in combat”
 
“You can say that again” Henry cut in, with a little bit more of sourness in his voice as he’s been on the receiving end of most of my progress, hehe.
 
Victor then continued “well.. Chris here is rather special, you see, uhm, ... yesterday, Yal here and he’s sister, Hashana has come from a very distant place to give light to Chris’ condition”
 
There was a long pause in the room, it was either Victor wasn’t sure how to continue the conversation or he was trying to let his words sink in with his people.
 
“Okay...?” Patrick replied then he paused and continued “So..., what’s this all about? I sure am interested with what this is all about, water rings and spears and balls?!, hell, what sort of sorcery was that all about!”
 
Yal then snorted a laugh which caused his sister to giggle as well.
 
Patrick just gave them a sort of confused look and then he looked at me. “Chris?”
 
Oh, was it my turn to talk? I thought.
“Well... uhm, shit, sorry, uh...”
 
“It’s okay son, go on” dad said as I was now seriously fidgeted and avoided eye contact from the five very curious vampires in front of me.
 
I then continued “well... that wasn’t exactly sorcery Patrick... well maybe to some extent it was, but, that was Water Magic, ... uh... Elemental Magic to be exact” I said.
 
“Bullshit... what the heck is that? That’s the first time I’ve heard of that type of...” then his eyes widened as he suddenly realized that he’s actually heard of it and actually read about it before, then he continued “No... way... are you serious? You are... what I think you are?”
 
“What are you talking about” Lucy chimed in.
 
“Yeah... what’s going on?”Erica added.
 
“Shit... is this true, sire?” Patrick ignored the rest and instead asked Victor.
 
“Actually, it’s only partly true” Victor then looked at me, as if telling me to continue.
 
I then added “Well... I’m more of a Hybrid actually”
 
“Am sorry what?” Henry was now confused.
 
Patrick took his time to digest the new information and then said “how’s that possible?”
 
Dad then added “well... I just discovered yesterday, that I happened to have married one of them, hehe, what a roller coaster the past 24 hours has been” Dad giggled a bit after saying that, I’m sure he himself is still adjusting to all of this.
 
“Guys... guys... I’m not following” Raymond chimed in, it seems only Patrick has caught on.
 
Yal and Hashana then walked from their spot several feet away from me and stood beside me, one on each side.
 
Hashana the spoke “to put it bluntly... Chris is one of us...” them She and Yal spoke in Elvish and then their glamour disappeared and out came their pointy ears.
 
“What the fuck?!” Henry jerked back at bit while Erica and Raymond were at a lost for words.
 
Yal and Hashana then uttered some words again and then their glamour reappeared.
 
Henry then looked at me and said “you’re an elf?”
 
Well... “I’m half elf”
 
Yal then added with a smile
”the first one ever”
 
Henry just had to laugh a bit “now, at least I can stop thinking that I’ve been such a wuss for getting my ass kicked by you”
 
Patrick then was able to collect himself and joined the conversation again “So... wait... Elves are not extinct?”
 
Victor then answered for us and said “Apparently they aren’t and never was”
 
“We’ve just been in hiding for the past two hundreds years, and we’d certainly appreciate it if you keep this new information only between everyone that’s in this room” Yal said.
 
“Sure...” Lucy said.
 
“But we have more questions” Erica said.
 
“Of course you do” Hashana answered with a smile.
 
For the next thirty minutes or so Yal and Hashana answered the basics of Elf related stuff the others wanted to ask about.
 
“Wait... Chris is a prince!?” Came from Henry as the five vampires were in a circle still talking about me or whatever while dad, Victor and I were several feet away from them just talking amongst ourselves, I really didn’t want to be part of the Q&A session, I think Yal and Hashana had that covered.
 
All of us then went to the main dining room for Lunch. Mark and Troy prepared a feast for all of us, we had roast chicken, pasta, mashed potatoes, home made sausages, two types of salad together with mushroom soup.
 
Mark and Troy were then updated about what happened in the training floor, Yal and Hashana trusted both guys to keep everything a secret as well, we’d already discussed that members of Victor’s household plus Leo, whom I haven’t even told yet will be the only ones to trust with this information.
 
—-
 
After lunch we all took a breather before another afternoon sparring session, this was going to be between Yal and Victor.
 
Leo was able to join all of us in the afternoon, I introduced him to Yal and Hashana as friends of my mom, Leo was a little bit confused at that but he let it slide for the time being, while Victor introduced him to the rest of his family. They all seemed to like Leo well.
 
I heard Patrick whisper to Raymond at one point “I can see why August is so taken with him, the guy is a total 10” to which Raymond readily smiled and agreed.
 
Early afternoon we all spent it in the large living room to watch a movie,
 
“I don’t believe we have this film yet in our place” Hashana said to her brother.
 
“Ahh... I believe we don’t have it yet indeed, we shall have the people at the Procurement Bureau arrange for it, this one is good, the people will like it, it should fit right in for Channel 7’s content don’t you think?” Yal answered.
 
“And where are you guys from?” Leo asked them.
 
Shit, I thought.
 
Victor came in to save the day as Yal and Hashana forgot that Leo wasn’t in the know yet. Victor said, “Oh... they moved to Greece a few years back, they don’t have this film in Netflix there yet due to distribution rights issues I think”
 
“Ahh... I see” Leo replied.
 
Yal and Hashana both sighed in relief.
 
——
 
After the movie, we all went to the training floor for the match between Yal and Victor.
 
Dad, Leo, myself, and Yal took our place from one side of the match area while Hashana and the rest except Mark who had to run some errands were on the other side. Patrick this time will serve as the referee.
 
“Are you sure it’s okay for this guy to fight with Victor?” Leo whispered to me.
 
I smiled back at him “Hehe, just wait for it, you’re in for a surprise, Leo, hehe, we have a lot to discuss after this match”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Just wait and see... I swear Yal can hold himself against Victor, trust me on this” I said back to him.
 
“Whatever... but you guys are seriously being weird to day” he replied.
 
“I’ll explain later, come on, let’s watch, it’s about to start”
 
Patrick gave the signal for Yal and Victor to begin but instead of an explosive start like to my match earlier with Patrick, both stayed on their spot and seem to be taking their time, reading each other’s movements.
 
Victor gave out a small smile and he then launched himself towards Yal, Victor was fast, he was almost leaving afterimages of himself.
 
“Shit...” Leo muttered
 
However as Victor started to serve several blows against Yal, the Elf was able to block every single one of them. Yal hadn’t even moved a single inch from his spot, and wait... he was blocking every single attack with just one hand.
 
“What the fuck?!” Raymond said from their side of the ring.
 
“Is this guy for real?” Erica said.
 
“That’s my brother” Hashana proudly said.
 
Leo then looked at me and asked “and this guy is not a vampire?”
 
“No he isn’t...” I smiled at him.
 
“Dude... he’s way faster than you... and even Victor”
 
“That seems to be the case”
 
Victor then stopped his attacks and jumped away from Yal, putting distance between him and the Elf.
 
“Shit... you’re good” Victor said to Yal.
 
“You ain’t half bad yourself” Yal smirked at my boyfriend. “Ready to go all out?” Yal asked.
 
“Sure thing” Victor replied.
 
“Wait... they weren’t giving it there all that time?” Troy asked.
 
“Of course not, they haven’t even broken a sweat yet” Henry answered.
 
Then without warning both guys almost disappeared into afterimages of themselves, we could hear blows being exchanged but damn, my eyes could barely follow, smacking and thumping sounds were being heard but my eyes couldn’t see the details.
 
“I never knew sire could be this fast” Lucy commented.
 
“Well... seems like he never met someone who could challenge him at this level” Raymond said.
 
Then after just almost a minute which actually felt like forever, both guys disengaged from their attacks and both jumped away from each other. Now there was almost 12 or so feet separating the both of them.
 
“You’re cheating” Yal said to Victor.
 
“What does he mean?” Dad asked to no one in particular.
 
“It means boss is reading Yal’s mind” Henry answered.
 
“Since you’re using your ability, mind if I use mine?” Yal asked Victor.
 
“Be my guest” Victor replied with a smile. I think my boyfriend was very much confident of his own abilities at that point, though I wouldn’t get cocky if I were him, hehe.
 
Yal then reached out in the air with both his hands, similar to what I did earlier, and then water balls started forming in his hands.
 
“What the hell...” Leo muttered.
 
The water balls now grew into basketball size, then both split into 2 then 4 then 8... now there were 16 balls of water floating around Yal.
 
Yal then smiled, looked at me and said “watch and learn... young one”
 
The balls of water then almost in an instant turned into ice balls, the balls them started to spin around Yal in almost random fashion, serving as some sort of shield around Yal.
 
“Fuck... that’s cool” Raymond commented from his spot.
 
Victor then kept himself calm “Nice trick...” Victor then launched himself against Yal and two ice balls were thrown against Victor, the first ball missed and broke into pieces as it hit the ground while the second one was blocked by Victor with his bare hands “shit that hurt” he commented as the ice ball broke as it hit his hands.
 
Yal then jumped away from the now attacking Victor and Yal threw three more ice balls towards Victor. Two balls hit Victor directly which caused Victor to grunt in pain while another one missed Victor.
 
Victor then stopped from his offensive and backed away, he looked at Patrick and said “let me a borrow a trick or two from you”
Patrick was confused at first until Victor ripped into the floor matting and started breaking into the concrete, he was able to now get pieces of broken concrete and started throwing the concrete rocks towards Yal.
 
Yal just smirked and directed his ice balls to each rock being thrown at him. 4 rocks down and 4 broken ice balls later, Yal was now reduced to having 7 ice balls while Victor was visibly breathing more heavily than usual.
 
Yal was still composed and still has yet to break a sweat, “ready to give up?”
 
“No ... not yet... but shit... you’re no ordinary elf are you?” Victor said.
 
“Who said I was ordinary” Yal teased back.
 
Leo caught on and looked at me “Elf?... dude I thought...”
 
“Yeah yeah... we all thought, we’ll explain later, just watch for now”
 
Yal then paused and put one hand on his head as if he was having a headache... “trying to give me a headache now?” He asked Victor.
 
“You’re mind barrier’s strong”
 
“Of course it is, Elves have inherently strong mind shields, but I have to commend you for giving me a small headache, haven’t had anyone give me one before” Yal smiled.
 
Yal then stood straight and Victor flinched and visible jerked back a bit.
 
“What happened?” Henry asked.
 
“He locked me out of his mind” Victor answered.
 
Patrick and Raymond just whistled in amazement at that comment.
 
“Haven’t had someone lock you out of his mind before boss? Eh?” Raymond said.
 
Victor then looked back at Raymond then at me and said “well... there was this one other time too”
 
I gave Victor a confused look and he just replied “Sorry, long story, I’ll explain later”
 
Victor’s attention was now back at Yal who was now controlling the ice balls with his left hand while his free right hand was drawing more water from the air.
 
“Ugh... what now?” Victor commented as he observed Yal draw more water.
 
“Just wait and see young one”
Yal teased.
 
“Young one?” Victor asked.
 
“Yeah... I’m older than you... by 77 years based on what Chris has told me, I’m 337 years old” he smiled.
 
“Seriously?” Victor muttered.
 
The water that was being drawn in Yal’s right hand was now being stretched into something that resembled a rope of some sort.
 
Yal then threw 4 more ice balls to Victor, all of which were safely dodged by Victor, we thought Victor was becoming better but it was all part of Yal’s plan, as just as Victor was able to catch his breath from dodging the ice balls, the water tendril from Yal caught Victor’s feet and started wrapping itself around Victor’s body like a snake about to eat its pray.
 
Victor tried with all his strength to break free from the rope of water that’s wrapped itself around him.
Try as he might, he couldn’t break free and Victor sighed and told Patrick his surrender.
 
Yal broke the water rope around Victor and it made a splashing sound as it burst on the floor.
 
Victor and Yal met halfway and shook hands. “That was a good match” Yal said.
 
“Indeed, that was good, phew, never thought I’d be bested so easily”
 
“Don’t worry, not all elves are as good as me” he winked at Victor.
 
“I hope so, or else I’ll seriously have self esteem issues, hehe”
 
Yal and Victor then went off to the shower rooms to freshen up while Leo nudged me with his elbow and with questioning eyebrows said “care to explain now?”
 
I tried to avoid eye contact but Leo knew better and with his left hand, he held my head and made me face him again.
 
“Uh... okay okay... Here goes nothing”
 
Then for the next 15 minutes or so... I caught Leo up to speed and let’s just say there were a ton of “no shit” and “seriously” uttered from his mouth.
 
“So... wait you’re a half-elf and a prince?” He asked.
 
“That seems to be the case...”
I answered.
 
“And you kept this a secret from your best friend?!”
 
“I’m so sorry Leo, I had to discuss this first with Yal and Patri... and ... and...”
 
“Dude... I’m not angry, actually, I’m happy, my best friend is a fucking prince!” Leo jumped with his fists in the air.
 
“Uh... so it’s okay with you?, like you’re fine with it?” I asked.
 
“Of course I am” He then gave me a sincere hug. Then backing away he says... “my best friend is an Elven prince and I have a werewolf boyfriend... how cool is that?” He grinned.
 
“Am sorry what did you just say?” Now it was my turn to be surprised.
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 21
  • Haha 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

' Chris bested Patrick then Yal bested Victor in sparing matches. The rest of Victor’s family are brought up to speed with what Chris is and when Victor found out. After the match between Yal and Victor Chris had to tell Leo about how he’s half elf and a prince at that. Leo tells Chris he’s happy for him and he then says that his best friend is an elven prince and his boyfriend is a werewolf, which causes Chris to ask him to repeat himself. I think Leo shocked Chris with his last statement. Now arrangements need to be made for the trip to the realm after Christmas is over.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

A Norse god like Patrick thinks Leo is a perfect 10?  Good enough for me. It is funny to see everyone delicately avoid the elephant in the room around Leo.  Chris, the elephant, is Leo's best friend and confidant.

The matches were exciting and now that Leo is onboard with the news everyone seems in good spirits.  I did laugh at how Leo was able to surprise Chris with the news that August is now Leo's boyfriend.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..