Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,339 Words
  • 3,034 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 9. Days in the Sun 2

I woke up from my dream, I can’t even recall if I’d had any dream other than that of the library tower for the past few months. It’s starting to weird me out, but it’s not really a nightmare as well, so I thought I’d just see these dreams through and see how they go.
 
I prepared breakfast for me and dad and we had eggs and toasts, and as I was eating my toast, dad asked “So how was dinner last night?”
 
“Uhm, it went well dad... uhm... we actually told Leo about Victor...” I said as I tried to take a bite off my toast again.
 
“Really now?... uhm so how’d he take it?” Dad asked curiously with a raised eyebrow.
 
“uhm he didn’t believe it a first, obviously, hehe, he actually thought we were in some prank show or something, but that all changed when Victor showed him his fangs!, hehe”
 
“fangs eh?!, dad said in amusement. “But son, I’m glad there are no secrets between you three, what you have is a good friendship, you now” dad said wistfully.
 
“I know dad, I treasure it a lot” I said as I finished my meal.
 
Dad and I did our usual lessons for the morning, dad gave me some mock tests in preparation for my matriculation exams, which are actually months away!, but dad didn’t want to hear any of my complaints, he always wanted what’s best for me and he’s always known my potential, god, I love that old oaf.
 
Dad ordered us some Mediterranean delivery for lunch as we were both too lazy to cook, then dad excused himself to his study as he had to prepare for his lectures at the college.
 
Victor arrived to pick up me just before 2pm, he entered the house, no more knocking this time, kissed me on the lips, he said his greetings to my dad, and we were off to the cafe Patrick recommended to us.
 
We arrived at this small cafe just a few blocks from the park, it was cozy, quaint, and had a homey vibe to it, it smelled of pastries and coffee, it’s indoor aesthetic was modern yet rustic at the same time, I kind of liked this place, I found ourselves a table as Victor ordered us some cake and coffee. The coffee tasted amazing, Victor agreed, but the cake, oh wow, it was out of this world, the carrot cake we had was amazing! Victor enthusiastically agreed on that as well.
 
As we were talking about my upcoming game on Saturday, A guy who looked to be on his mid thirties greeted us. He was about 5’10, had thick rimmed glasses, curly brown hair, dark brown eyes, slightly tanned complexion, and a gorgeous face with Hispanic features, he was wearing a folded up look sleeved shirt behind his apron and said “Hi, I’m Martin, it’s my first time seeing you both here, I hope you’ve enjoyed your cake and coffee” he smiled.
 
“It’s delicious! We’ve thoroughly enjoyed it! I bet this will be our new favorite place.” I enthusiastically said.
 
Then Victor added “We’ll surely let our friends know about this place, you serve good... no... actually... great food and coffee here” he said as he smiled from ear to ear.
 
“Well, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it, I’d love to see you guys here more often, and I appreciate the gesture to spread the word, business is doing okay, but we’d love to have more patrons” Martin said with a smile.
 
“You can count on that” I said with a smile as I took another bite from my cake.
Martin left us back with our meal with a smile and both Victor and I went back to sipping our delicious coffee. Then Victor quietly said... “Don’t looked so surprised okay, and don’t look back at him, but I’m 99% sure that Martin is a Vampire.”
 
I stared at him, forcing myself to not look around and look for Martin.
 
“Are you serious?” I asked. “Yeah, we older ones can sense it, it’s a skill that can be learned, we can even tell a vampire’s age if we hone it right, and I say, Martin over there is well into 50 years of being a vampire, so that guy is more or less really 80 by now” he said as he sipped his coffee.
 
“Wow, so do you think he knows about you?” I asked.
 
“No, I don’t think so, it’s an acquired skill, and I didn’t see or feel him try to figure me or us out, he’s really just looking into the welfare and satisfaction of his customers” Victor replied as he brushed some of his hair and looked at the window.
 
“Wow, I never imagined there’s more of your kind, like I know there’s more but it’s easier to believe when you see it in person” I whispered as I ate my cake again.
 
“Hehe, yeah, there’s quite a number of us actually, more than you realize, there won’t be a need for a Vampire Government if we were that few, don’t you think?, hehe” he grinned, then continued “But for such a small town, I didn’t expect to run into another one so soon, maybe that’s why Patrick sent me this way, you know just to feel out the local vampire community perhaps, hehe, I’m gonna have a talk to with that fucker for not giving me a heads up that Martin’s a vampire hehe”
 
We spent the next hour talking again, and sharing loving and lustful looks at each other, we joked and giggled around and by 4pm we were on our way to the park for my soccer practice.
 
Soccer practice was tiring as usual, Leo and I were spent, the three of us decided to eat some hotdogs at the park before we went home, we also told Leo of Martin’s Cafe and promised him we’ll bring him there soon.
 
Victor drove us home, and we said our goodbyes, he said he couldn’t hang out tomorrow as he had to be at Richmond to meet with the major local vampire businessmen and executives, although he promised to be at our game on Saturday. I didn’t really mind him not being available tomorrow, as we had a tougher practice set tomorrow anyway, and I wouldn’t have been able to give him much attention as well. I kissed him and said my goodbyes as he dropped me off.
 
I shouted for dad when I opened the door, and he greeted me back from his study. I peaked a bit into his study and his desk was swamped with books and paperwork? “What’s all this dad?” I asked. He rarely was this swamped with work.
 
“Oh, just a mix of school work and actual supernatural work son, a major werewolf delegation will be in the state within the next few weeks and I’m just corresponding with my local contacts to make sure everything’s on the up and up, this is like major werewolf business, hehe, I never expected to be in the middle of such major supernatural affairs, hehe” he giggled a bit at his dilemma, but it seemed he was fairly enjoying whatever he was arranging.
 
“Okay dad, don’t work too hard, dinner will be ready in a few, I’ll just shower okay?”
 
“Okay, son.” He nodded my way then typed back into his laptop.
 
Dinner was the usual affair of me and dad updating ourselves with our day, I told him about the great coffee and pastry at Martin’s Cafe and that we should try it out some time. I was off to bed sooner than expected as I was really tired from soccer, I texted Victor my good nights and he replied within seconds as well. In moments, I was off to sleep.
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 18
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmmmm that was a interesting chapter! I wonder what the werewolves and vampires coming together in the same town will have the same effect on Chris's dad work or will it pile up more?

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Chris' eyes are opened even more to the real world of vampires as he has lunch with Victor.  I wonder what will happen when Chris' father meets with the wolves.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..