Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,463 Words
  • 3,584 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 22. Darker Nights 1

I could still remember the dream I had. I was back again in the tower but somehow now I’ve found myself in the 13th floor. It was similar to the levels before the 12th, stacks of books in shelves. Books I couldn’t pull them out of their placement.
 
However one thing did catch my attention. It was a painting on the wall of a platinum blonde haired teen in a field of flowers surrounded by animals. What stunned me the most was the boy looked very much like me, just like the drawing I found in one of the scrolls.
 
I played with my pendant as I tried to remember more about my dream. I then felt Victor move his arms around me as he woke. His arms playfully playing and touching my bare torso until his hands reached my pendant.
 
“What’s this?” He asked.
 
“Oh it’s a pendant someone gave me in the State Fair” I whispered.
 
We then sat back into the headboard as Victor examined my pendant.
 
“It’s the first time I’ve seen you wear this” he remarked.
 
“I’ve been wearing it every now and then dude!” I said. I even laughed a bit as it’s almost too funny to not have noticed the pendant as I’ve been wearing it on and off for the past few weeks.
 
“Are you sure?” He asked. “I’m pretty sure that I’m an observant person and this is the first time I’ve seen you wear this.”
 
Victor then played along the edges of the pendant where the inscriptions were... he then brought the pendant closer to his eyes for examination.
 
After a few seconds of silence, at some point his eyes widened a bit, as if he had some sort of realization or discover. Victor looked at me with a very serious look on this face. “Someone gave this to you?” His tone more anxious rather than curios.
 
“Yeah, I just answered a question and the guy just gave it to me. What’s this all about? What’s with that look?” I asked, now he’s certainly gotten my attention, his reaction to this pendant is a little bit off.
 
“What question? What did you answer?” Victor was now more nervous than serious. Seemed like his mind was running at a thousand miles per hour.
 
“Uhm let me remember... it was weird ... in foreign tongue... uhm let me see.. he said something like Ahar isem something uhm ... jan Sahari... then uhhh... I think somehow I said...
Ahar San isem ... uhm.. Mesular? Yeah that’s it... weird but whatever got this beautiful pendant in the end hehe” I really don’t know what the fuss is all about.
 
“Fuck... shit... Chris? How?... How were you able to...” Victor was now seriously looking at me with eyes wide, his voice filled with anxiety, I can sense it even if his voice was just above a whisper.
 
“How what?, what’s this all about?” I giggled. “You’re creeping me out dude!”
 
“Chris... you spoke Elvish!” Victor was now completely awake, our morning snuggling completely forgotten.
 
“I’m sorry what?!” I jerked back a bit. “No kidding?” I asked as I got myself together again. “That’s impossible Victor... I don’t even have a clue ... how... , it just happened you know”
 
“Yeah fucking Elvish Chris, and I’m pretty sure the pendant you’re wearing is of Elvish in nature, the design is just too elaborate to be a fake, and the... , the symbols, the inscription, that’s Elvish. I can’t read it but I’ve seen before when I was younger, way... younger...,when there were still Elves... the markings are too distinct... and a rose inside the sun is a symbol of high born Elves... I’m sure of that, that was something explained to us earlier then, pendants like these are very rare, rare amongst the Elves even” Victor said.
 
“What?!, are you serious?” I was surprised but not entirely sure what to feel about this but now Victor has certainly gotten all of my attention. “I don’t know Victor, I was just drawn to it, and the guy seemed to have given it to me more than willingly”
 
“We have to keep this quiet for now okay? I’ll try to figure this out” Victor said. “This is just too unexpected”
 
“Are we in trouble?” I asked with concern.
 
“No we’re not, but this is highly out of the ordinary... you already now that the Elves have all but disappeared more than 200 years ago right?”
 
I just nodded at that.
 
“But to see an Elvish pendant and to hear you speak Elvish and based on what you’ve said you spoke it with someone else ... it seems that there’s more behind the vanishing than what we actually know of.” Victor replied, still holding me tight as we sat beside each other on the bed.
 
“Is this connected with the books?” I asked.
 
“I’m not sure Chris, this is just so... I don’t know, rather a highly unexpected development, something’s behind this or rather someone, and we don’t know what their intentions are, it’s just too convenient to all be a coincidence” Victor replied with a reassuring tone but his face showed some anxiety if not confusion.
 
“Ahh I see... okay... a secret for now then... not that I’ll be telling anyone about it anyway” I said just above a whisper. I started to think that this might be related to the dreams I’ve been having but I thought it was highly unlikely, like, dreams are from our imagination or subconscious right? It can’t possibly be tied to real life, I thought. The moment I wanted to spill the dreams to Victor, something at the back of my head was stopping me, it wasn’t a hard tug but more of a reassurance that somehow it wasn’t time for me to tell him yet about the dreams, that tug inside me was calm yet very strong, I decided to trust it.
 
“Okay... I’ll coordinate more information gathering via Henry and I’ll contact my sire as well, he’s more well connected than me so, he’ll have more success in piecing things together” Victor said as he hugged me closer, with my head on his shoulders. “We’ll figure this out Chris.” Victor gripped my shoulder as if trying to assure not only me but himself as well that we’ll somehow really be able to figure this out.
 
Thursday and Friday training with Henry went really well, slowly but surely I’m getting better. We’ve started to lighten around each other as well, exchanging a few jokes every now and then, but it seems like he’s still more guarded about his personal history, but that’s fine, I know he’ll open up when he’s ready.
 
Soccer practice however was grueling, if not totally arduous, practice became more intense as coach pushed us to our limits, all of us in the team agreed that a more rigorous training system is warranted if we don’t want a repeat of last Saturday’s performance.
 
Oct 19th, saturday, we were off to a neighboring town for our game. We were up against one of last year’s state semi-finalists.
 
Dad, Victor, and Leo’s parents were cheering for us in the packed audience stands. The first half of the game was basically a stalemate, our offense and defense were basically of equal strength. Kyle and I worked together with Leo and Enrique to get through the opposing team’s defense to no avail. I passed the ball to Kyle by the 43rd minute as we saw a small opening and as Kyle kicked the ball, making it swerve to its right, the goal keeper was able to read the ball properly and caught it. Shit.
 
However by the 85th minute, somehow we found another opening. Enrique was able to hold off the guys trying to steal the ball from him, the ball was passed to me and I saw an opening for Leo, I ran a few meters for a better position, avoiding several defenders and passed the ball to Leo, by the 87th minute, Leo took possession of the ball and was able to kick it right through an opening between 2 defenders that realized only too late of their mistake, the goal keeper wasn’t able to catch the ball, and we won the game 1-0! The crowd erupted in cheers while our entire team shouted in sheer happiness. We all hugged each other, not minding the sweat and grime we were all covered in, we won! The team is back on track.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 20
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am thinking the same thing that it came from Chris's mom! And he really is the Elvish Prince! But why does Chris's dad work with the supernaturals if he isn't something special himself? I have a feeling it is both his parents and their mind was wiped until Chris takes the throne! I also feel like Chris's dad knows more than he lets on.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

I have a feeling the dreams are much more than dreams.

Quote

The moment I wanted to spill the dreams to Victor, something at the back of my head was stopping me, it wasn’t a hard tug but more of a reassurance that somehow it wasn’t time for me to tell him yet about the dreams, that tug inside me was calm yet very strong, I decided to trust it.

Dreams don't usually leave a tug and reassurance in the back of your mind.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..