Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,554 Words
  • 3,600 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 45. Meet the Family 2

Today’s the day, the day I tell Dad and Victor about my Elvish heritage. Shit, it’s just sinking in now, my goood, I hope this goes well.
 
I slowly open my eyes and Victor was still hugging me from behind, his breathing telling me he’s still asleep. I look at the clock near the bedside table and I think we have a few more minutes before breakfast.
 
I laid still, thinking of how my life, our lives will change in the next few hours.
 
“You awake?” Victor hugged me tighter.
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Mornin’”
 
“Mornin’ too” I whispered. Victor hugged me closer into his chest, his scent relaxing me, god, how can I be so lucky, this guy is not only gorgeous but he has a heart of gold.
 
“Breakfast?” He asked.
 
“Just a few more minutes...” I muttered, I wanted to enjoy his scent and his touch just a little bit longer.
 
Fifteen minutes later we find ourselves at the breakfast table, eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausages, and coffee being passed around, Troy and Mark can certainly run their own diner I thought.
 
Lucy was still all over me the entire way through breakfast while Patrick or Henry tried to occasionally reel her in, she always teases me and Victor, is seems like me being now part of their family has certainly brightened Victor’s mood according to her.
 
“So... I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Patrick asked as we were about to drive off back to our house.
 
“Yeah... take it easy on me please” I said.
 
“Nuh uh, haha, I heard you gave Henry here a run for his money,
I wanna see what you’re made off, a human besting our boy Henry is unheard off” Patrick said.
 
Henry then chimed in “Careful what you wish for Patrick, Chris here is a powerhouse, I’ve never seen a human move so fast, something seriously up with him”
 
“Hmm... we’ll see about that” Patrick smirked, “though something’s different with you, that I’m sure of, I’m not sure what it is, but there’s clearly something” he added.
 
I internally cringed at that and just said “hehe, see you all tomorrow”
I’m just happy that the Elves have mainly faded into distant memory, or else things could have been very awkward the moment I’ve started showing my abilities.
 
Victor drove us back home at around 10 and I immediately took a quick shower and changed to a new pair of sweaters.
 
I then went to the kitchen and started preparing lunch. Dad later walked in and saw the amount of food I was preparing... “Uhm, Chris?”
 
“Yes dad?”
 
“Are we expecting anyone else? Aren’t you cooking too much?”
 
I internally winced then I smiled
“I think this just looks fine dad, if we have left overs we can reheat them for dinner”
 
“Okay, it’s your call buddy” he smiled back.
 
As Victor and I were chopping and slicing the vegetables for our salad, I kept looking at my wristwatch and I was restless, to be quite honest I was panicking inside, is this a mistake I thought. And what if everything was indeed just a dream! And maybe I’m just really going crazy.
 
Victor noticed my demeanor and asked “everything okay Chris? You seem to be rather distracted”
 
“Uh... what?, uh nothing nothing” I shrugged him off, Yal and his sister will be here any minute!
 
I was preparing the table now, putting the plates on the table, Victor was confused when he saw that there were 5 plates instead of 3.
 
He was about to ask me a question when the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it!” I shouted as I ran towards our main door.
 
As I opened the door, I was greeted by two beautiful people, Yal was looking rather good, he was wearing a gray sweater but it was adorned with floral designs and from what I see, Elvish scripts in gold, behind him was a lady, of similar features with Yal, Whom I assumed correctly to be his sister Hashana. The lady looked to be in her early twenties, which obviously she wasn’t, she had wavy dark hair, and Italian features just like her brother, her slim frame and height of about 5’3 giving her a facade of innocence.
 
“This is Hashana, my sister” Yal said
 
“Pleased to meet you” I smiled reaching my hand towards her for a handshake which she gladly took.
 
“The honor is mine, your highness” she smiled back at me. She was wearing a brown dress with floral designs underneath her gray coat.
 
“Who’s that?” Dad asked me from the living room.
 
“Visitors” I replied just above a whisper.
 
Yal gripped my shoulder and said “All will be fine”
 
I nodded at him and lead the way towards the living space. I breathed deep and calmed myself down, now is the time, I have to tell them the truth.
 
We walked into the living room, Yal a step or two behind me while Hashana was behind him as well.
Dad and Victor looked up on us, both with confused looks on their faces. Victor scrunched up his nose, as if his sense of smell was being overpowered by something, he then paused, and his eyes widened at the moment of realization, the smell of lavender and roses too strong now with three elves in the room, he realized that the smell he’s been getting from Chris and these people is the scent of the Elves, a scent he’s long forgotten, for more than 200 years has it been since he last smelled such an aroma.
 
“Chris...?” His eyebrows lifted and his voiced trailed off, not knowing what to say.
 
Dad on the other hand was more clueless rather than confused.
 
“Dad... Victor, these are my friends Yalekin and Hashana, I’d like for us to have lunch together if you wouldn’t mind, we have some stuff to discuss with you” I said, trying to calm my nerves.
 
“Chris... can you please explain... you know what they are don’t you?” Victor said as he stood up approaching the two newcomers in the room.
 
Yalekin met Victor halfway and reached out for a handshake “Yalekin, Master Scholar of the Kingdom of Elves, and this is my sister, Hashana, Bronze Scholar of the Kingdom” Victor absentmindedly shook Yal’s hand and nodded towards me and Hashana.
 
Dad stood, now confused by Victor’s statement and asked “what’s this all about?”
 
“Everyone calm down, I’m already nervous as it is, I’ve invited them over to discuss some things with the both of you” I said I was trying to make eye contact with both Dad and Victor, I’m not sure if I succeeded though.
 
Dad and Victor sat on one couch, while Yal and Hashana sat on another, I sat on a small single cushioned seat across them.
 
There was a moment of absolute silence that plagued the room, you can hear a pin drop, calling it awkward would have been an understatement, I mean how do you tell your dad and boyfriend you’re part elf? And an Elvish prince at that.
 
“Uhm...” I said just above a whisper to break the ice. Then all eyes were on me.
 
“Chris?” Victor expectantly looked at me.
 
“Well... there’s been a discovery that I’ve just recently made, it kind of explains why I’m really good with the sparring sessions recently”
 
“Wait... what?” Victor had a confused look on his face then the moment of realization hits him hard, his eyes widen and his mouth agape, “you mean...wait... you’re one of them?” He asked, it seemed that he wasn’t even sure if it could even be possible.
 
“Wait... what are you all talking about?” Dad said, “this is all so confusing” he was rubbing his forehead now, seems like he was getting a headache.
 
“Uhm... dad ... Victor... there’s no easy way to say this but... I had to tell you someday ...and it had to be sooner rather than later”
 
“What Chris?” Dad was getting anxious.
 
“Uhm... I’m part Elf”
there I’ve said it.
 
“What?” Dad replied. “Excuse me..?”
 
“How... this is ...” Victor chimed in
 
“Impossible?” I finished Victor’s statement.
 
“Yeah... they’ve all vanished more than 200 years ago” he said. “Not a single trace” he added, Victor’s gaze was faraway as if trying to think of other possible explanations.
 
“We just went into hiding, our kind were prophesied to be wiped out by a great calamity of darkness and death if we stayed in this world” Yal said.
 
“How?... wait... I’m human... Rachel is..” dad said.
 
“Ah... yes, Princess ARasil...” Yal said with remembered fondness of the memory of my mother.
 
“Princess?” Dad asked.
 
“Yes, Princess ARasil, or in her human name, Rachel, is the daughter of King ZoHal” Yal answered.
 
“King ZoHal?!” Victor almost shouted.
 
“Yes... King ZoHal, you’ve heard of him yes?” Yal said expectantly.
 
“No Vampire of my age would be ignorant enough to never have heard of the Elven King, all vampires during my youth knew of him, one of the most powerful elves to ever live”
 
Yal smiled “Well... that’s why we’re here, The Prince has asked for our assistance in explaining to all of you the truth behind his heritage”
 
“Wait... this can’t be” Dad muttered.
 
I went to dad, held my hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes, “dad, it is, mom was an Elf, imagine my shock when I first learned of that” I smiled “hehe, mom an Elf? Seriously right?, I thought it was all a dream!, one big prank even!”
 
“How’d you find out?” Dad asked.
“I never had a clue” he looked away as if trying to remember any signs that he could have missed.
 
Hashana then answered
“The Prince has crossed over into our realm in his dreams, he found my brother Yal, and King ZoHal, we’ve been tracking him for years but it seems like he did our job for us”
 
“You’ve met the King?” Victor asked.
 
“Yes... Patri is a nice man”
 
“Patri?... You’ve grown familiar... so soon” Victor said at the realization of the world that Chris used to refer to the King and his grandfather.
 
“Shall we talk about this further over lunch?” I suggested.
 
“Yeah... this has gotten me hungry and has given me a headache as well” dad replied.
 
Victor gave me an odd look as if to ask more questions as we walked towards the kitchen. I went closer to him, and hugged him “this doesn’t change anything I’m still yours and you’re still mine” I said. He smiled a bit with that, I gave him a small kiss which he gladly returned.
 
All will be well I hope.
 
Over lunch we continued, “So you’re a prince?”, Victor asked.
 
I smiled and replied “third in line to the throne, beats your sorry Governor ass now doesn’t it?”
I snickered. Victor only laughed a bit at that and so did the rest. At least the rest were now calming down.
 
“So what now?” Dad asked. “There’s so many questions I have yet to ask”
 
“Well... we know the Prince has his life here, and we completely understand that, but the King would like to bring him to realm, his skills needs further honing, skills that can’t be put to waste”
Yal answered.
 
“Skills?” Dad asked
 
“He’s a special kind of Elf”
 
“He can use elemental magic?” Victor chimed in.
 
“Yes... but...” Yal answered then continued “but he can do all four”
 
“What?!” Victor jerked back in his seat.
 
I gripped Victor’s left hand as he was seated on my right and gave him a reassuring smile.
 
“That’s unheard of...”
 
“Yes... and so is a human-elf hybrid” Yal answered.
 
“No shit” Victor muttered.
 
“He’s really special... and what we know of him and his skills are very limited, and we believe his skills can only be honed further in our realm, Visiting our world will give him a chance to finally connect with Elven Energy, that can only increase his abilities, it’s the only way” Yal explained.
 
“Sorry I don’t follow” dad said.
 
Victor then answered and said “Some Elves are able to wield one of the four elements, however, Yal here is telling us that Chris can do all four!”
 
“Wait... is that for real?” Dad asked Yal, to which the Master Elf only nodded in agreement.
 
“And he’s the first one ever?” Dad asked.
 
“First to be able to wield all four elements and the first half human-half elf ever as well” Hashana answered.
 
“Wow...” Dad sighed then he paused for a bit and collected his thoughts,
Dad then steeled himself on his seat and said ... “tsk, fine... he can go”
 
“Huh dad?” I was confused.
 
“I said you can go, but not alone, I’m coming with you” he was firm.
 
“And so am I” Victor smiled back.
 
“When is this going to happen?” Dad asked Yal. Dad seemed to be hell bent on traveling with me to the Elven Realm.
 
“The preparations for his arrival and training are still underway, he’ll have a Royal ascension first and then his training may commence, organizing a training schedule with all four elemental schools in the Kingdom in such short notice is no easy task” Yal answered then added... “The royal ascension can be scheduled after... you say?... The holidays here in your world? Then we’ve discussed with the Prince that maybe his training can be done over the summer before he starts school”
Yal said.
 
“You’ve thought this through?” Dad said to me noticing that our plans were more thorough than expected.
 
“Well... we’ve certainly discussed it for several hours” I answered.
 
Dad sighed... and said “okay, what must be done must be done” dad looked at me and said
“I’m happy for you Chris, and I’m very proud of you, I know you’ll do great things, this is all sort of confusing and I don’t know... unexpected?, but we make do with what’s given to us, and you’ve been given quite a hefty plate in life, we’ll help you through this” he smiled.
I went over to dad and hugged him, kissed him on the cheek and said “thanks dad, I love you”
 
“Dad, are you sure you want to go with me?”
 
“Yes son, I’ll have to meet the
in-laws even if Rachel isn’t with us anymore” dad wistfully said.
 
“But mom is always with us, she’s in our thoughts dad” I smiled back at dad and gave him a hug.
 
“Yeah ... she always will be”
 
“I’m sure Patri would love to meet you” I said to him.
 
“I hope so” dad replied with a smile.
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 36
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

William and Victor have now found out that Chris is a elf human hybrid and he has the ability to use all four elements. Poor William is so confused about the fact that his son is not only a half elf he’s also elven royalty and third in line for the throne. He’s agreed to allow Chris to go to the realm but he is going with him and so is Victor. They also found out that Chris would be going through an ascension before he begins his training with the top school’s in the realm. Excellent chapter lots of interesting things happening in it.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I thought that Chris wanted Leo at the meeting.  That's why it was scheduled for the day after Thanksgiving.  Oh well, at least the surprising meeting went well.  Both Victor and William immediately solved one problem.  They are going if Chris goes.  No questions asked.  I am sure Leo will want to also go when he finds out.  Who will be left to fill in for William and Victor while they are in the elven realm?  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..