Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 3,219 Words
  • 3,859 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 52. Gaining Strength 1

During that afternoon, I had my sparring session with Henry.
 
As we stepped into the ring, Henry said “I’m not really sure I’m very much of a challenge against you, now that you’re becoming stronger by the day”
 
“Come on now Henry, don’t be too hard on yourself”
 
“Whatever” he huffed as we took our positions.
 
Even though Henry believes that he’s now substantially weaker than me, I’d like to think otherwise, of course now more than 80% the time I beat him but I can feel that it’s not only me that’s improving and getting better but Henry as well, he’s gotten stronger and faster too, it seems like I’m not the only one that had anything to gain in our sparring sessions.
 
After 10 minutes into our bout, I’ve bested Henry, now he was standing still, as if he had any choice to begin with, as now I’ve gotten him wet and turned the water around him into solid ice, with his vampire strength he was able to crack the ice but my ice wasn’t any normal ice, it was laced with magic so he had to try so much harder to break the one I’ve made around him.
 
“Ugh, fine, I give up, sigh” Henry snorted in defeat. And with that, the ice around him quickly melted away as I loosened my magic around him.
 
Henry then looked at Victor and then me and said “we have to find him a new sparring partner, he’s way too good for me now”
 
I didn’t know how to reply with that statement. I just then looked to my boyfriend to answer Henry.
 
Victor then paused for a bit and said “well... August texted me earlier that he’ll be in town tomorrow, wanna flight with him instead?” He asked me.
 
“He’s in town again?”
 
“Of course he is, your best friend is your boyfriend, remember?” Henry said.
 
“Oh ... right” I giggled at the thought of how much Leo has really stolen August’s heart. I can’t wait to see them be all goo goo eyes for each other, that would be so cute!. Then going back to what Victor suggested “yeah... a match with August should be fun”, I chuckled a bit that that, “ I gotta try my ice and water magic on him, that should give him a surprise or two”
 
“Now now... don’t get cocky, he’s still a very strong werewolf” Victor added.
 
“I know... it’s just that I wanna give him a surprise or two, I’m not expecting to win, I just thought it would be an awesome way to reveal to him my powers and such...”
 
“Just like how you surprised us last Saturday huh?” Henry said while grinning.
 
“Yeah.. similar to that actually,” I gave him a teasing smile.
 
—-
 
The rest of the night went by quickly, and before I knew it I was back in the tower. I was now in t he 17th floor, and I immediately thought of Patri, I had to ask him about the book. Within seconds the air started to feel heavy, and the light a few feet from me started to bend. Within seconds Patri showed up.
 
“How are you young one?” Patri greeted me as he gave me a hug.
 
“I’m fine I suppose” I replied, hugging my grandfather back.
 
“Is Yal back?”
 
“No... not yet, I think he had to deal with some stuff in New York first, most likely he’ll back back tomorrow” Patri replied. “Is there anything wrong?”
 
“Well... I’m not sure if this should cause alarm or anything... but I may have actually brought a book from the tower back to my world”
 
“Huh... what do you mean Chris?”
 
Then for the next 10 minutes or so I explained to Patri what occurred last night. I also mentioned to him that now I can understand Elvish writings.
 
“You can read the books now?”
 
“Yeah..., it certainly caught me by surprise though” I then paused and asked “is this similar to the spell guys used so I can understand your speech?”
 
“We’ll have to check on it, there are spells like that but you had to know what spell to use to be able to cast it, but based on what you’ve said, touching the book made you understand the writings, am I right?”
 
“Yeah... seems to me that’s how it happened”
 
Patri then rubbed his chin as if to think more about this. “This is rather highly unusual, it’s either the book was enchanted or you yourself cast the spell, either way, both scenarios are very much surprising to say the least, I’ll have to check with the High Mage regarding this” Patri answered.
 
“Of course Patri, I just thought you had to know”
 
“Thanks for letting me know, we know so little about your abilities, you’re the first of your kind, the ancient texts have mentioned of the possibility of a half elf being born, but centuries if not thousands of years came and gone and nothing, we’ve all discounted such ideas as myths long long ago, now we’ll have to dig deeper into this”
 
“Thanks for helping Patri”
 
“I’m glad to, I’m king and your grandfather, of course I’ll help you”
 
“Patri... there’s also something else I’d like to talk to you about”
 
“Yes, what is it?”
 
“Well... about me... me coming to the realm”
 
“Yeah? Anything of concern?”
 
“Well... dad wants to come and Victor as well, they really want to come with me, will that be alright?”
 
Patri gave a warm smile and said
“I didn’t expect any less coming from the both of them, and yes, they’re more than welcome, I’m actually excited to meet your father, ,he must be quite the charmer to have my ARasil fall deeply for him, ”
 
“Just don’t take it out too hard on dad okay? He’s actually very nervous about meeting you”
 
Patri chuckled a bit then said
“Come on, me... intimidating?” Patri gave a rather mischievous smile while saying that.
I think dad needs to prepare for this, hehe. “Don’t worry Chris, We’ll make the necessary arrangements for the both of them”
 
“Okay... thanks Patri” I said hugging my grandfather again.
 
For the next hour or so, Patri and I wandered around the 17th floor, glossing over several books while Patri talked about life at the Capital and the elemental schools that I’ll be attending. Apparently the four elemental schools I’ll be going to aren’t in the Capital, each element had various schools for low, mid, and high level learning and training around the realm but I’ll be sent to the best for one for each element,
I’ll be sent to the High Academies of Water, Air, Fire, and Earth.
Each High Academy or Kashi were in different cities, one in the northern region, another in the eastern, then western, and southern region.
The Elven High Circle decided to not put all Kashis in one city as that would make that city rather influential and powerful in realm politics and economics, and putting a single Kashi in the Capital will severely upset the balance of power in the realm, as people from the outer regions would see it as absolute special treatment and favoritism towards the citizens of the Capital.
 
After talking about the
High Academies or Kashis, Patri talked more about my uncles. The Crown prince, which was his eldest son, my uncle, Rehanmir served as the Minister of Civil Security while my other uncle, Selvenus served as a Platinum badge general in the civil security force. And just like my grandfather, both are skilled Fire elves.
 
“So... was mom a fire elf too?” I asked.
 
“No... your mom was an Air Elf”
 
“Ah... I see, so what determines what element you’ll have?”
 
“Well... again only a third of the elves have an elemental ability, and most don’t even reach a level above bronze, anyway, if an elf is born with elemental tendencies, what determines their element is mainly their season of birth, summer for fire, autumn for air, winter for water, and spring for earth, though there are exceptions though, only 90% of elemental births are in line with their season, we’re not entirely sure what the other explanations are but there are some theories but none have been proven by our researchers so far”
 
“How about magic though? You said only a tenth had magical spell casting abilities, how did that come about?”
 
“Well... I wasn’t exactly being accurate when I said that, all elves have some magic, but only a tenth are able to wield magic at least on copper level proficiency, that’s the lowest level amongst the ranks from copper to bronze to silver then gold and then platinum” Patri then paused, “well... going back to your question, well, magical proficiency is something we haven’t quite figured out yet, there are several theories and there have been several experiments about it over the centuries but still no hard evidence to point us to a single direction, it’s just that we know that spells give you a special connection to the magical flow around you, the spells themselves or words aren’t necessary to cast the magic, it’s just that the incantations just help put your mind in tune with the energy around you, if you were proficient enough to tap into the energy flow without the incantations, you can cast a spell without uttering a single word”
 
“Ah... I see... that sounds amazing and complicated at the same time”
I replied.
 
After a few more minutes of discussion, I said goodbye to Patri as I then faded away and woke 10 minutes before my morning alarm.
 
—-
 
The rest of the morning went by rather fast, and before I knew it it was already afternoon and I was already on my way to Victor’s place.
 
August wouldn’t be arriving at around 4pm, so we had time for some Victor and Chris time, we had to control ourselves though, I can’t battle a werewolf in a half drunken, half dazed state, hehe, so it was just one load for each of us, hehe.
 
Victor, Henry and I were hanging around the living room when August walked in.
 
“Hi August!” Victor greeted the hunk of a man that came to visit us.
 
“Hi Victor” then the werewolf looked at me and Henry and greeted us both as well.
 
“So... what’s this we hear about you and Leo Huh?” Victor teasingly asked.
 
And oh my, haha, with those words alone, this tall slab of pure man meat turned several shades pink! August was clearly uncomfortable,
I think it’s most likely because he’s not used to being so emotionally attached and open with someone, oh my Leo what have you done to this guy?!
 
“Spill it...” Victor insisted.
 
August sat down beside me in the couch across Henry and Victor.
“What do you guys want to know? Leo already told me that you all know... so what’s there to discuss?” August tried to say calmly, he was clearly anxious though.
 
“Uhm... there’s much to discuss!” Victor added.
 
“Like what?” August was now rather shy and evasive.
 
“Like how’s the romance, the kisses? Does he sweep you off your feet? Stuff like that you know”
 
“I think we’d rather keep that to ourselves for now...” Leo said as he walked in on us. August immediately stood and walked over to Leo, he hugged my best friend first, August towered over Leo, with August being 6 inches taller than Leo. A few seconds later he lifted Leo while hugging him, August pulled back from their hug and gave Leo a very intimate kiss which lasted for almost a minute or so. August then dropped Leo back on his feet, Leo was now awfully quiet, surprised and clearly swept off his feet while August had a very satisfied smile.
 
August then looked at the three of us and said “you guys don’t know what this guy does to me”
 
“Well... I have a few ideas” I said, pointing to the now tenting pants of August, and my my, he wasn’t fully hard yet, but this guy sure packs quite the package, have fun with that Leo, I thought.
August and Leo only blushed some more after I said that, my god I love teasing these two guys.
 
After a few more minutes of chit chat, we all then went to the training floor.
 
While in the elevator, August noted “Your perfume’s stronger now Chris, I have to know what brand that is”
 
“Uh... about that...” I replied.
 
“What?”
 
“I’ll tell you about it later” I smiled back at the werewolf. I thought I’d give him a show first before telling him my secret.
 
“Uh.. okay” August replied, he was a little bit confused with my reply, he looked at Leo for an answer which only met him with a smile.
 
As we all settled down in the sparring area, August asked “so... who’s fighting who?”
 
Victor then replied with his teasing smile and said “August... why don’t you spar with my boyfriend over here, I think he’s learned a new trick or two?”
 
August raised his eyebrows and said “really now...well... I’m up for a challenge”
 
“Careful what you wish for...” Leo muttered.
 
“What...? you think your best friend over here can beat me?” August said in mock insult.
 
“Hehe, of course not, but he might just give you a surprise”
Leo tried to stifle a giggle.
 
“A surprise eh? Now I’m interested”
 
A few minutes later after changing, August and I were already in the mat ready to spar. And my god did he look fine, he was now wearing a tight white tank top and short navy blue shorts. His tank top barely left anything to the imagination, his pecs were barely being held by the fabric, and god his arms and legs, this guy was built like tank, and there was a dusting of chest hair peeking through, ‘Damn, Chris, get a hold of yourself together, you’re here to spar not flirt’ I thought to myself, I had to exert effort to not lick my lips, that would have ended with a very jealous boyfriend hehe.
 
We took our positions and we were off, I took attacked first, throwing punches and kicks against the werewolf who towered over me. He was able to block most of my attacks but some got through.
 
“Whoa... there there tiger, you’ve indeed gotten better” August remarked as he blocked my attacks.
 
“You haven’t seen anything yet”
I replied as I huffed through my attacks.
 
August was then able to grab hold of my arm and he threw me away with ease, as if I was a piece of paper or something. While in the air, I was able to spin around and land safely on my feet.
 
“Phew, nice save” August whistled.
 
I wiped some sweat off my face, and with a smirk, I replied “ready to finish this warm up?”
 
“Warm up eh?, you’ve gotten cocky” August replied.
 
I then started running around August, leaving after images of myself. The werewolf certainly got confused at that point, he was now having a hard time on keeping track of me.
 
“Shit... you weren’t kidding with warm up” August replied.
 
While running around August, I started gathering water balls on each of my fingers, just candy sized water balls that I’ve turned to ice.
As I ran around August, I started throwing the ice balls towards him.
First he was hit in the shoulder then the torso, after that he caught on and started dodging the ice balls.
 
“What the fuck?!” He exclaimed as he dodged the ice balls.
 
August then launched himself towards me, he was now on the offensive, he wasn’t gonna give me a chance to make those ice balls again.
 
As he threw a punch against me, I then gathered some magic around me, and what happened next even caught me by surprise, I was able to block August’s punch with some sort of energy shields it only partly covered my arms and hands but the shield, which was now glowing in gold clearly absorbed August’s attack.
 
August visibly flinched as his hand met the energy shield, and he then jumped away from me.
 
“What the fuck is happening here?” He said looking at me then to rest of the gang that were watching.
 
“I told you he learned a thing or two” Victor replied with a proud smile... “though, that shield thing though, that’s new, it’s the first time I’ve seen that”
 
“Shit... this is all confusing” August remarked. However being the brave and strong wolf that he was, he calmed himself down and said to me “I’ve rarely used this power, but seems like you’ve earned to be at the receiving end of it”
 
“What... power..?” I replied but before I could even finish my sentence, I could see August change in front of me, his muscles were growing and he was getting taller as well, his tank top tore itself as it wasn’t able to hold in the now bulging muscles, August must have gained an extra 30% in muscle mass and he must have grown by another 2 or three inches, his eyes now glowing bright yellow, he let out several growls as he transformed. His growl sending chills down my spine.
 
August then launched himself against me and I was either able to dodge or block his attacks. However every time I blocked him, I could feel the strength behind the attack, at some points I was able to use the shield again which thankfully held up.
 
However after 5 more minutes of near relentless attacks from August, I was already getting weak. At one point my shield broke and his punch sent my flying several feet away.
 
I landed with my feet but I could already feel the bruises forming in my body. I knew I was at my limit, I was now out of breath and sweating like crazy, I couldn’t last for another minute, I then held up my hands and said “Okay... you win”
 
August then went over to me and shook my hand. “Good match, it’s been too long since I got to use that skill of mine, hehe”
 
“Seems like I’m not the only one with surprises eh? I remarked
 
“Can’t have them all kiddo” he replied with a grin. “You have some explaining to do though”
 
“I know...” I gave him a weak smile. “I’ll tell you about it later” I said as I waived walking towards the showers.
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 18
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Chris pushed August to use his ultimate power.  I don't even think Chris has reached the pinnacle of his own power yet.  I haven't seen him use any of the elemental powers besides water.  August will be very surprised when Chris answers August question.  I am impatiently waiting for that sneak preview of August and Leo stuff.

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..