Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,590 Words
  • 4,267 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 66. Retribution 1

Chapter 66 - Retribution

 
The reaction from dad when
I arrived and just appeared out of nowhere was immediate. He coughed some of his coffee out of his mouth when he saw me, taller, more toned, and longer hair.
 
“Chris?!” Dad almost shouted, and coughed on some of his coffee as he stood from his seat and went over to me. He gave me a thorough look and gave my face and body a quite intimate inspection.
 
“Dad...”
 
“Damn son... it is you!, what the hell happened to you?” He asked, still trying to take it what happened to me.
 
“What do you mean dad?, like my makeover?” I asked with a hint of mischief in my voice.
 
“Makeover? This is not a make over Chris... this is a complete transformation, the hell... did you just gain height? And muscle?” He said as he stood against me to check my height, “yes...should be about 2 inches am I right son?” He said.
 
“More or less... yes” I smiled at him.
“Come here dad, give me a hug” I said to him. “It’s been too long, I missed you”
 
“Ohh... Chris... I missed you too” dad replied.
 
“No... dad, I really missed you” I paused then said. “For me, it’s been three months!”
 
“Huh? What are you talking about?” Dad was confused when I said that.
 
“Well... that’s how I got all of these...” I said to dad as I pointed over my body and new hairstyle.
 
“Is this one of the and Elf things that I’d have to get used to?” Dad asked.
 
“Well... maybe... it’s actually quite hard to explain”
 
Then for the next half hour or so, I told dad about what I did in the realm, I talked to him about the Hall of Maktar and dad was, as expected, totally surprised by what elvish magic could do.
 
“I really didn’t know that they could do that as well dad... but I’m happy that the magic could, I’m more ... uhm, I’m more stable now, I think I have a better grip of how things are, I think I’m even willing to face Victor now, maybe to just even have a clean break or good closure perhaps” I said to dad.
 
“That’s good to hear Chris, you’ve certainly become more mature now, and I can see you’ve gained some muscle as well, I’m happy for you son, you and your surprises though, they just keep on coming” dad said then laughed a bit, then he spoke again, with a little bit of sadness in his eyes, “Speaking of Victor, the guy has basically been holding a vigil on the front lawn the entire weekend, I went out several times to say you weren’t home, but he didn’t believe me”
 
“Don’t worry about it dad, I’ll talk to him soon”
 
“His not outside now tho, I think he went back to his place, seems like Henry and Troy picked him up earlier as Victor has apparently not been eating or sleeping at all”
 
When dad said that, I felt bad for Victor, I may still be angry with him, but still, we’ve been through quite a lot together, and I couldn’t discount the things we’ve been through, and the thought of him not taking care of himself or worse, sick, is something that I wouldn’t want to imagine.
 
After having a quick breakfast dad spoke again and said to me “and ... you mister... don’t think I haven’t
noticed... but you’re late this morning... you might be a prince, but you’re still my son, and you’re not missing out with your lessons, so this afternoon, I want you to finish the modules we missed out on this morning” Dad wasn’t really mad, he just wanted to keep me on track, he actually had a mischievous smile when he spoke to me, he knew very well that I was already way ahead of schedule and will finish my program months ahead.
 
“Yes dad, I know, you know how much I love those modules” I sarcastically said to him. To which he rewarded me with a playful smack on the head.
 
Early in the afternoon, I did as I was told, and I finished my assigned course work without supervision from dad.
 
At around 4:30 in the afternoon, Leo entered the house, and the moment he saw me with my new hair and everything that came along with it, his face was totally indescribable, a mixture of shock, disbelief, and amusement.
 
“Dude! What the hell happened to you?!” He went over to me and patted my body all over, and then said “what the fuck Chris, what do they feed you back there?”
 
“Nice to see you too, Leo” I greeted my friend with a hug.
 
The moment Leo realized he hasn’t given me a proper welcome back greeting he immediately returned my hug and said “right, sorry, welcome back”
 
The as he pulled away from the hug, he gave me another once over, and again said “my my... I should have seriously have reconsidered my sexual preference back then when you were single” Leo said in a teasing manner.
 
I slapped his shoulder a bit and said “Well... you got August now you doof” and winked at my friend.
 
“Hmm... August might be okay with being a throuple with you” he said while exaggerating the lip licking and smacking movements he’s been doing.
 
“My my... where did you learn those words and when did you become so forward? Has August been corrupting you?” I asked.
 
Leo immediately blushed and looked away for a bit and then answered “my lips are sealed buddy” then he winked at me. Oh my, the mental image, I can’t even, I have to admit, the visuals, gave me a boner.
 
“Hmph, I’ll let you spill soon enough” I said, winking at him, fully knowing the sexual innuendos we’ve been using.
 
Leo and I had a good talk for the next few minutes. We both were in the living room while dad was at his study finishing some work from the university.
 
“So how are you really doing?” Leo asked me.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked.
 
“Oh come on, Chris, you know what I mean, Victor... what do you plan on doing?” Leo said, and at that point I really couldn’t read his face whether or not his expecting me to reconcile with Victor or totally dump again the guy.
 
“I think I’m gonna talk to him”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah... at least some closure would do us some good”
 
“Hmm... maybe, maybe that’s good, and I’m not sure if it’s my place to say this, but Chris, August has been in touch with Victor and goodness, the guy is a mess”
 
“I know”
 
“No you don’t, he hasn’t been eating, he’s been ignoring work, Henry has pretty much taken over for now” Leo said.
 
“Hmm... well... what was I suppose to do?, forgive his sorry ass? I basically saw him fuck someone in a video, what else was I supposed to say? Or do? Forgive him? Give him a free pass? We’re not in an open relationship Leo, I expected him to be faithful and he expected me to be as well, I thought... we were both enough for each other”
 
“I’m not a fan of his at the moment as well, but I do agree that you both should talk about this” Leo remarked.
 
“Yeah, that will happen soon,
I think” I said that as I noticed a shift in the energy around the house, Victor was close. “Leo, he’s here... Hmm, I guess it’s time for my talk with him then”
 
“Okay buddy, no matter what happens, I hope everything will work out for the better” Leo said as he gave me a goodbye hug and went out the door, he ignored Victor as he walked pass him, but at least now he wasn’t shouting expletives on the vampire.
 
Victor stood by the doorway, he didn’t take a step inside. His eyes were puffy, and red. His face looked pale, like ridiculously pale. He looked at me and said “Chris? Is that you? Can we please talk, please... we can fix this! Please let’s try to fix this” his voice cracking, he was on the verge of crying again.
 
“Come in Victor, let’s talk” I calmly said to him, my voice unemotional.
I felt for him, but I felt for myself too.
But I didn’t want to start this conversation wherein I was the emotional one, I’ve been too emotional for too long.
 
“Come on sit down” I ask him to sit in the couch right across me.
 
“Thanks” he muttered, his eyes looking straight at me, pleading.
 
“So... what do you want to talk about?” I asked.
 
“Us...”
 
“What about us?”
 
“Chris... please, hear me out”
 
“I’m listening”
 
“It was Gustav... it’s all him”
 
“What about him? Did he seduce you? Did he drug you?”
 
“No...”
 
“So... you seduced him?”
 
“No...”
 
“So what is it?”
 
“I don’t know” he replies, he sounded confused, but his answer got me confused as well.
 
“What do you mean... you don’t know?” I was getting impatient at this point, a slight edge in my voice appeared as I said that.
 
“It’s all blank... but my gut tells me it was Gustav”
 
“Your gut? So I’m suppose to trust your gut?” I was in disbelief at this point, it made me angry but I wanted to laugh as well. “You want me to forgive you based on your gut?” I laughed a bit.
 
“No... I’m not asking for you to trust my gut... but yours ...”
 
“Victor... you’re losing me here... what do you mean?”
 
“I mean... I can’t remember what happened, it’s one big blur, actually no, it’s one big hole in my memory, I couldn’t remember a thing”
 
“So maybe you were drunk? I don’t know... Victor... but you certainly fucked him, we’re both sure of that”
 
“I know...” he looked on the floor as the guilt ate into him again.
 
“Chris, is there anyway that I can prove to you that I did not want for this to happen, Chris, I love you so much, I could have never done such a thing to you, you are my life Chris, I’d gladly throw away everything I have just to be with you”
 
“Nonsense Victor, you’re a governor, you have people to lead”
 
“Patrick, Lucy, and Henry can deal with that”
 
“Well... vampire affairs don’t really interest me anymore, that’s your call anyway” I say to him.
 
“Chris... is it really that easy for you to forget everything that we’ve been through, all the time we’ve spent together”
 
“No... Victor, it wasn’t easy, but I’ve tried to move on, for you it’s been a weekend, but I spent some time in the realm, and with some magic,
I ended up spending three months in near total solitude, I’ve had the time to heal and start moving on” I said to him, still calm but with a bitter tone towards the end.
 
When Victor heard about my 3 month stay at the Hall of Maktar, he was obviously surprised then he collected himself and smiled a bit, “so that explains the new look huh?”
 
“You can say that” I smile a bit back at him as well. Then I grew serious again and said “Victor, you may think that Gustav was behind this, but we don’t have proof to say otherwise, what we do have though , is the video of you fucking him”
I made it a point to stress the word fucking when I talked to him.
 
“Sorry”
 
“Don’t apologize, it’s done”
I said to him while I looked away.
 
“If only I could convince you... show you what’s on my mind, it’s complete a blank” Victor said.
 
Then when he said those words, it hit me,”Hmm... maybe that could work?”
 
“Maybe what?” He was confused.
 
“Show me what’s on your mind”
 
“I usually can share memories but this one, is blank, nothing, I can’t, something is holding me back” he sadly replied.
 
“Let me, I can dig through”
 
“You can do that?”
 
“Sure I can, you’re not the only mind reader in town anymore”
 
“Oh... “ that information took him by surprise as well then he continued. “If you can, then yes, do whatever you have to do, I’ll open my mind to you”
 
“Okay, let’s do this, for closure’s sake Victor, and nothing else”
 
I sat closer to Victor, and concentrated on my mental energy, slowly expanding it and allowing it to brush against Victor’s mental shields. The moment our energies made contact, Victor slowly pulled back his shields, and his mind completely opened itself to me, at that point, memories of the both of us, drinking milkshakes together, eating burgers together, having fun at the park, roadtrips, and even the time when he first saw me and also our first kiss, flowed to my head, the rush of memories that had emotions of fondness, genuine happiness, and outpouring, overwhelming love, reached me, I had to steel myself a bit to stop myself from crying.
 
Then slowly a chronological recollection of the events of the past days, hit me, there was him banging against the shields, him driving out Gustav from his place, him crying his heart out in front of Henry, him shouting how he can’t believe his one and only chance on true love was now lost. Then there was this blank portion on his memory, nothing... just complete black, dark, no emotional weight or whatsoever, I pieced the timing of the blank patch of memory and I figured out that was just before I arrived at his bedroom when I came back from the realm, that was the time he was having sex with Gustav.
 
I tried to sift through, but he was right, there was nothing, no visuals, no sound, no emotions even.
 
Then I sifted around some more and I felt like there was a heavy lid on that part of his memory, it was being actively suppressed and protected by something or someone. I touched around the dark mental barrier, and I could feel it squirm away from my probing.
 
I then poured more energy on the mental probing, and it started to fight back stronger this time around.
Victor felt the mental tug of war in his head, he visibly flinched several times as well, I could sense he was now having a bad headache, but one more push from me and the mental barrier put on him came crashing down. And what
I discovered from behind the barrier, completely caught me off guard. Something that changes how we will fight the enemy that’s come between us.
 
This discovery, will change how we fight back, and as of the moment,
I didn’t have a clue to as to how we will win against this.
 
 
Hiatus warning again.
sorry everyone, please don’t send Stratos after me just yet.
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 20
  • Wow 9
  • Angry 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..