Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,613 Words
  • 3,306 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 23. Darker Nights 2

Lunch was spent with my three boys and Leo’s parents in a local Diner. Several of my teammates and their parents were in other booths as well. Mr. and Mrs. Nicholson couldn’t help but yap and be proud of Leo, Dad and Victor weren’t far behind for their praise on us both.

The following day was a regular Sunday for dad an myself. Our family has never been religious so we don’t attend Sunday services nor does Leo’s parents, I’m glad that in our town we didn’t have any of those bigoted churches yapping about hellfire and whatever.
 
Leo and I did each other’s lawn and by 3pm we were done. After a warm shower we were both refreshed and playing on the Xbox when Victor dropped by.
 
“So how’s it going sexy?”Victor greeted me as he kissed my forehead.
 
“Ewww, you guys are so mushy, argh” Leo playfully joked. He’s already used to Victor and I being mushy and playful every now and then. It’s really great knowing that Leo has no issues with my sexuality and and he’s very much taken a good liking with Victor as well, they’re each other’s best friends now if I dare say that. The past few weeks we three have become nearly inseparable.
 
“So you guys going to the Halloween party right? It’s in the 31st” Leo asked while playing with the console as we were battling each other in an urban warfare sort of game.
 
“Hmm... what do you think?” I asked Victor.
 
“Hehe, if you’re going, I’m going” Victor playfully replied.
 
“Uhm.. okay then, but I ain’t spending a hundred dollars for some stupid costume” I said, as I was trying to find Leo in the map in the game.
 
“Don’t worry bout it dude, just be a mummy or something” Leo replied.
 
“Haha, I’ll go check our tissue roll supply then” I giggled.
 
The next few days went by quickly, training with Henry became more rigorous, I’ve also started to know a bit more about him, he told me that he was born in Bonn, Germany in 1899 and that he was turned by Victor in 1941.
 
After training, Henry spoke further.
“I’m only one of the three Victor has ever turned. You’ve already heard of Patrick and Lucy right?” He asked.
 
“Yeah” I nodded.
 
“Well Victor found me in one of the forests in Northern Belgium one night, I was a nazi soldier then, and I absolutely did not agree with the state ideology, so I defected and ran away from my patrol group...” Victor had a faraway look in his eyes as if trying to remember more.
 
“My platoon mates were able to catch up with me and they basically brutally attacked me, ganged up on me, said that I was too insignificant to waste bullets on, so they just stabbed me more than a dozen times and left me for dead.” Victor hissed with hate in his tone against his attackers.
 
“Shit... I’m sorry dude. You don’t have to tell me anything” I said. Re-opening old wounds is the last in my agenda. I can only imagine how much pain and hurt Henry must have went through, and I know I’ll never be able to truly fathom his pain, the least I can do is be there for him.
 
“I’m just happy you’re here now, with us. With Victor.” I continued. I reached out for his hand trying to console him.
 
“Yeah... Victor’s been the best, he’s a great guy, and a great mentor” Henry smiled. It’s rare to see him smile and I’m glad to be one of the few to see him with happiness in his face.
 
Soccer practice was intense this week. It was our last game for the year before we resume the preliminaries in spring. Ending this year on a high note will be great. Currently our 4-1-0 record puts us second in the league rankings.
 
However, when Saturday came, it was all for naught, Enrique went down with the flu and one of our seasoned defenders sprained his ankle on the 15th minute. Our morale faltered without Enrique as our captain to rile us up. Fred’s injury just sealed it for us. Kyle, Leo, and I tried to work our best together, I was able to score a goal in the 42nd minute but that only tied the game as our opponents already scored against us after Fred’s injury.
 
Our defense broke down and our opponents were highly skilled as well. The team captain of the other team was able to sneak past Leo and myself and basically went circles around our defenders, he scored in the 64th minute and we lost the game, 2-1. With 6 games down and 2 more to go, our record was now 4-1-1.
 
Coach tried his best to lift our spirits after the game. He knew morale was down but somehow he was able to raise our spirits at least a bit after a 20 minute pep talk.
 
Dad, Victor, and Leo’s parents all congratulated us for a good game and tried to cheer Leo and myself up as well. I felt bad for our loss by I think Leo was more bummed about it, he really wanted to reach state league quarter-finals.
 
Sunday was spent at Victor’s place, Leo was joining me with Henry for training today. When he first saw the gym, he was gobsmacked, and I don’t blame him, his reaction wasn’t far from mine the first time I saw the damn place.
 
“Shit dude! An in-house elevator and a whole floor for weights and personal training?!” Leo gasped. Clearly in awe of the all the equipment available.
 
“Yeah... I know! Shit right?” I grinned. “This place is better than any gym within a hundred miles”
 
“Hehe come on now fuckers, let’s start” Henry snickered a bit, I liked seeing this warmer side of Henry.
 
Victor then joined us after Leo and I trained with Henry. Victor was in his gym wear, it’s the first time I’ve seen him in such clothing, he has basically left my training with Henry as he thought Henry was better equipped with training.
 
“What’s this all about Victor?” I asked in between gulps of energy drink. “Not that I’ll complaining, you look hot by the way” I said with a sexy smile.
 
“Hehe. Stop it” Victor clearly amused with my attempt to flirt.
 
“Henry and I will be sparring, I’m getting rusty, you boys watch us.” Victor remarked.
 
Victor and Henry went into the fighting mat in the middle of the gym. And “to watch” them was nearly impossible, they were so fast! I’ve seen Victor fight before but this is the first time I’ve truly given it all my attention. His and Henry’s movements were nearly a blur, I can see several kicks and punches being exchanged but I’m not sure if any actually made a hit. Victor leapt 7 feet into the air spinning around attempting to deliver a kick on Henry, but Henry was quick! Very quick! He dodged, Victor’s kick and he spun around as well, delivering punches and kicks. Leo and I were quiet with our jaws dropped, neither blinking afraid to miss anything.
 
Their fight ended in less than 7 minutes with Victor on top of Henry, as Henry sighed in defeat.
 
“Well that was great boss, you’re as fast as ever” Henry remarked as Victor helped his “son” up.
 
“So what’s the record now?” Victor asked.
 
“Hmm... it’s 72-28 now, hehe, shit you kick ass, boss” Henry replied clearly accepting that his sire is the stronger one between the two of them. Victor may look like a teenager but he sure can pack a good punch, his form is incredible and his speed is just ... ridiculous.
 
“Wow dude! That was amazing!” Leo enthused. He was clearly amazed with the session we just saw, and I was just as impressed with what I saw, damn, I think I’ll never get used to seeing vampires go all out. Both Henry and Victor were clearly very very fast, and their strength and experience clearly showed as well.
 
“Yeah, we couldn’t even follow, wow! That was so cool! And shit, damn, are all vampires that fast?” I asked.
 
“Hehe, nope, it comes with age and training” Victor replied. “Henry here though, with our trainings the past few decades is more or less faster than a vampire 40-50 years his senior.” Victor proudly replied. “Training can really help a younger vampire keep up with someone a few decades older, but it has its limits though, a fifty year old vampire can never match a 300 year old one, maybe someone that’s a few decades older but to beat someone a few centuries older than you is nothing short of asking for a miracle” Victor explained “but Henry here is sure pushing the limits, hehe” Victor sounded like a proud father, and to an extent we really could consider him as Henry’s father, Victor made Henry a vampire in the first place and their bond is unbreakable, that’s something I can clearly see.
 
“You haven’t seen anything yet, special vampires known as speeders are twice as fast vampires their own age, some even three times as fast, those are the ones to really watch out for, you’ll never know what hit you” Henry explained.
 
“Well... shit...” was all Leo could say.
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 16
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Training with Henry must be exhausting.  The sparring match between Victor and Henry was exciting.  Henry's story about being turned was also well written.  I hope their training will make the next encounter with rogue vamps less dangerous.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..