Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,166 Words
  • 3,507 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 36. Discoveries 3

I was confused. “Lost Prince?... what are you talking about? Uhm... uhm.. I’m just Chris ‘kay?” I said my voice filled with anxiety. What is this guy talking about I thought to myself.
 
ZoHal and Yal noticed my withdrawal and my apprehension. Yal was looking at me with a hopeful and reassuring expression while ZoHal stood close to me, gave me a half hug with his right arm around me, we walked in silence for awhile and he led us to an area where there was a couch.
 
We three sat quietly, ZoHal was on my left while Yal was on another smaller chair on the front left side of ZoHal.
 
“What’s this all about?” I muttered avoiding eye contact. “You’re not making any sense”
 
“You’re a prince, to put it bluntly” ZoHal said.
 
“How?, My dad... my mom...” I trailed. “I’m from the middle of nowhere in Virginia, hehe, surely this is a mistake” I gave him a forced chuckle after that.
 
ZoHal has a wistful smile on his face... “yes... your mom...”
 
I looked up to ZoHal with my face slightly scrunched and said ... “what about my mom...? She died 8 years ago.. I don’t remember much but I’m pretty sure she’s human, oh my did she cheat on dad?!”
 
ZoHal has a serious but calm and reassuring look on his face, he held my hands, and gripped them a little hard for comfort, and said, “on the contrary she wasn’t human... She’s an elf, and no, as far as I know, you’re your dad’s son”
 
“What? No... no... that can’t be, hehe” I nervously laughed, “mom? An elf? Haha, seriously?” I can’t believe this, this can’t be happening.
 
“Yes she is, because I know her too well, she’s my daughter Chris, your my grandson” ZoHal said as he gripped my shoulder to give me some support.
 
“Am sorry? What?” My voice barely audible now. My mind racing so fast.
My body almost numb.
 
“Every few years we send out elves to experience the human world, an immersion if you can call it that, your mom met your dad in one such event, let’s just say she fell madly in love with your dad, and the rest is history, she only returned once to present you to us, to me and your grandmother, we loved her dearly and would have loved for you and your dad to actually lie with us, but we understood that love can’t be stopped, and she wanted your dad to live in his world, she loved your father way too much, she stayed in your world, we only saw you once as baby, before you turned a year old, you were such a beauty then, and now you’ve blossomed into a fine man” ZoHal said.
 
“I don’t understand” that was the only reply I can say.
 
“The death of your mother was a surprise to us, that car accident was a horrible one, we only learned of it after she missed her annual meeting with an Elf we send out to check on her in New York, she had to do it every year as part of our agreement to keep in touch with her and also so that our elven mages can recharge her pendant, the one that protects her just like yours, we never knew where she lived, she demanded to be able to live like a human for several years, she wasn’t ready to tell you or your dad, she only said America and we were fine with the distance she kept, she promised to tell you the truth by the time you turned 18, I guess we’re a few months late now I presume” ZoHal had a sad look on his face, then he continued on, still holding my hands. “After sending out a ton of our scholars, and investing a lot of resources, we were able to track you and your father to Virginia, but we decided to keep our distance, to our knowledge your dad wasn’t aware of your mom’s heritage, she planned to tell him but didn’t find the courage to do so, ARasil was such a kind and beautiful woman, your mother really loved your dad, when we saw her the last time, the way she spoke of your dad spoke volumes of her love for the both of you”
 
“ARasil?” I asked.
 
“Yes... that’s your mom’s name, Princess ARasil”
 
“Oh... We knew her as Rachel” I forced a small smile.
 
“We planned on speaking to you soon, but it seemed like you found your way to us sooner, when we heard of the sighting of someone being on the tower, we had a feeling it was you”
 
“Oh... “ remembering that time when I looked out the window of the 12th floor of the tower, that time several locals saw me as I observed the town.
 
“No one has been in this tower for over two hundred years, the tower invites individuals to share its knowledge with, I’m happy you’ve brought us here, it’s more magnificent than what we could have imagined, the knowledge stored in here must be immense and special, this tower is a repository of all Elvenhasil Knowledge”
 
“But why me..., I don’t get it” I looked at Yal then ZoHal, trying to get more information from them.
 
“It’s because you’re special... your conception is nothing short of a miracle, you’re the first to be born between an Elf and a Human, your elemental test earlier also proved that, the ancient texts say that only a half born will be able to break the circle of elements, you my grandson... don’t have a single element, you have all of them.”
 
“Oh wow..., but what do I do? Why? I’m sorry, I’m trying to figure this all out, I’m all confused” I said.
 
“Nothing to be sorry or worry about, sooner or later will have to start training you, but you can’t do it in this form, your in your dream right now, you’re but a projection of your thought right now, we’ll have to get you physically into our realm for actual training” ZoHal explained.
 
Yal then added. “You’re in the Elven Realm now, it’s a place that’s separate yet part of the earth at the same time, you can only get here via a portal, and a portal can only be opened and closed by two strong Elves, we’ll have to make arrangements for this and I believe you’ll have to make arrangements with your family and friends as well, don’t worry though, we have weeks if not months to fully plan this out, this is not only a training session for you but a coming home of a Royal” Yal said with a smile.
 
“The Kingdom will surely celebrate your return to us, and I’m absolutely sure your grandmother will be thrilled, if only she could be here in the tower with us today, but no worries, you’ll meet her at the palace soon enough”
 
“Uhm... okay...uhm”
 
“Don’t worry Chris, we have more time to talk this through, we won’t just whisk you away or something, I believe we have more days like this to talk things out, but now since you’ve done your test, I believe your powers and abilities will start to show more” my grandfather said.
 
“What do I tell my father and friends? And Victor?” I nervously asked. I was barely grasping what was being said to me, how could I explain and say this all to Victor, Leo, and Dad.
 
“We’ll figure it out, but promise us you won’t tell anybody else about our existence for the time being, the secrecy of the existence of Elvenkind is of utmost importance, you will be able to tell them soon enough, but please keep it a secret for the time being, I know you trust the people around you, but they are not the only ones that are concerned about us” Grandfather explained.
 
“Uhm... of course, I’ll try King...”
 
ZoHal cut me off and said.
 
“No... not King... Patri... Grandfather, please, call me Patri” ZoHal insisted.
 
I was able to give him a weak smile and I gave him a soft hug... “of course Patri, This is all new to me, but I’m glad I have more family now”
 
The King returned my hug and I could feel that he was holding back tears of joy.
 
“Oh how long I wished to hold you like this my grandson”
 
“Well I’m here now.”
 
“Yes you are... yes you are”
 
We removed ourselves from the hug and I sat back looking at the King and Yal and asked “So what now? I really don’t have any control on when I enter this tower and be able to call/meet you”
 
“Well ... we’ve explained to the guards and our close circle to expect us to be gone during this time of the day, more or less we should expect you to be here almost every day, I believe you’ve somehow realized how to call us into the tower?” ZoHal explained.
 
“Okay, uhm, I hope I’m not keeping you both from your obligations” I said, thinking that the King and Yal must be very busy men.
 
“Oh... well not much, we consider this a welcome break from our usual affairs” ZoHal chuckled a bit.
 
“Oh hehe, okay then... what now? I’m not fading out yet” I said.
 
“Maybe we can let Yal here show you how to channel energy around your body, he’s a Water Elf, maybe he can show you a trick or two”
 
We spent the next half our or so meditating and Yal teaching me how to feel nature and life energy around me, he told me that Elves are naturally more tuned into nature, thus giving us power over the elements and magic. Elves were physically weaker than werewolves but just as strong as vampires of the same age, Elves were slower to heal than Vampires who seemed to be the fastest to heal amongst the supernatural beings, but what the Elves had was speed, A well trained elf was just as fast as a 50 year old Vampire with super speed special ability (remember that some vampires had special abilities like Victor being able to mind read?) on top of that 1/3 of the Elven population had an Element they can wield while 1/10 were able to cast magical spells and incantations, special elves were elves that were able to use an Element and Magic at the same time, just like my grandfather and Yal.
 
The time I spent in the tower was longer than usual, I was starting to think that maybe I’ve overslept in the my world, but Yal reassured me that we’ve started earlier than usual meaning I had extra hours, it seemed that my maturing powers has allowed me to project myself earlier and for a longer amount of time in the tower.
 
The Three of us then found a stairway to a basement in the tower, it’s the first time I’ve gone down instead of up. We were welcomed into an empty space, ZoHal thought it would be a nice place for me to practice my elements and improve my physical abilities. I couldn’t help but laugh a bit, it seemed that I wouldn’t only be training with Henry and Victor after all.
 
For another half hour or so, Yal taught me how to tap into my physical strength and speed, they thought, that me being a half born, the first ever, must mean that my powers have been sealed and are only slowly to show, I had to consciously tap into my abilities for them to show. By the end of the training, I had a better grip and control with my speed, I ran faster, and was able to see things thrown at me by Yal at a slower speed and easily dodge them and even catch them. I barely learned anything about water wielding but I was able to form a small ball of water, which delighted Yal very much.
 
Before I completely faded out, I gave Yal a hug and then my Patri as well.
 
“I’ll see you again Yal and Patri” I said with a smile.
 
I woke up not feeling tired but weirdly enough, I felt calm and actually refreshed, it was as if a new part of me has been awakened and now I felt more sure of myself. I’ll just have to see this through, I thought to myself, I just had to chuckle with how my life has been turned upside down in so many ways these past few months.
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 25
  • Wow 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

. Chris has learned of his heritage as a prince of the elves and his mom was a princess. He’s been asked to keep the existence of the elves a secret for now as he will have the opportunity to take his dad, Leo and Victor to the realm with him when he is ready to begin his training.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
raven1

Posted (edited)

I can picture the next match with Henry now.  Chris will match Henry's speed, then throw a water ball at his face to distract Henry.  It's going to be fun to watch.  We may have to wait a while, since use of an elemental nature might give away the existence of elves.  King ZoHal may not be his father, but makes a good grandfather.  Think of the shock on William's face when he learns that he married an elven princess!  

Edited by raven1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..