Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 4,029 Words
  • 3,092 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 93. Titles 1

We left the three High Circle Members in the temple and the waves of energy continued to emanate from them as we closed the doors behind us.

“Can you feel the change in the air?” Patri asked me.
 
“Yes Patri. I can feel the energy flowing from the temple and into the surrounding area.” I paused to look around and saw nothing’s really changed in how the way things appeared to be. “It’s as if magic is being fed into the realm itself...”
 
Patri saw me looking around and commented “only very powerful beings can sense that something is happening... that the barrier is changing”
 
“Ohh... I see” I replied. “I guess I’m strong enough huh?” I quipped.
 
Patri gave me an odd look like that was a given.
 
Then King Ethnar piped in. “Why do you always doubt that you’re strong Christopher?” If only the way he looked at melt me away. He wasn’t having any of this. “Christopher Stewart...” oh shit.
 
I’m rarely called ‘Christopher Stewart’ I’m done for. I’m rarely called by my full name and more often than not what follows is one heavy scolding.
 
I took a deep breathe and looked straight at my great grandfather. “I’m sorry grandfather”
 
“Don’t apologize Chris. What do we have to do for it to sink in that thick head of yours that you are immensely powerful! Goodness ... if I had half your power at that age...
I would have been an arrogant prick... but it seems the opposite has happened to you and you seem to be completely and utterly unaware of your gifts!”
 
“Father is right Chris. Don’t ever doubt your strength!” Patri piped in.
 
I feel that they actually just called for me to give me this sermon. *sigh
Me... openly doubting my strength in front of them was the perfect opening for my grandfathers to broach this topic.
 
The scolding I’ve received from my two grandfathers stood in stark contrast with the surrounding colorful and serene gardens we’ve passed by as we went back to the residential palace.
 
My goodness. If I ever doubted them being father and son, my doubts have been washed away. King Ethnar and Patri went on and on drilling into my head how my gifts were ‘special’ and that I should ‘act like someone of my stature and strength’.
 
I have to make it clear, they did not tell me to be an arrogant and snobby prince. Of course not, but they did tell me again and again that I should not doubt my skills and strength. They want me to act and think like the Haldruin that I am.
Someone who acts decisively and is conscious of his responsibilities to his people.
 
That was the longest ten minute walk I’ve ever had.
 
Before I left for my room for some last minute packing. Patri said to me “Chris... you’re a Haldruin. You have the blood of Kings and Queens. Own it and act and think accordingly. You’re not the boy you once were a few months ago.” that certainly hit me at the core. Patri and King Ethnar are both right, I am not just a homeschooled teenager anymore. I’m a prince and now... ambassador for the realm as well.
 
Patri must have seen the look of realization in my eyes. “That’s it. That’s the look, the look fo someone who now bears the responsibility of his royal title”
 
King Ethnar let out a heavy huff. “Took you long enough!” Then he patted my shoulders with both hands and looked at me with his piercing eyes and further said “I’ve said it before Chris. We don’t expect perfection... goodness boy. I’ve had my fair share of failings and so has your Patri. However, what we do expect from you is that you’d take the first steps to act like the prince that you are. There are tough times ahead young one... We will need your strength.”
 
Then with maybe a slightly stronger resolve. I replied. “I will do my best”
 
“That’s all we could ask for” King Ethnar replied.
 
—-
 
I opened my door to our room and I could see Victor in the middle of packing his stuff. He certainly had his fair share of shopping done.
 
My boyfriend looked away from his luggage and stared at me. “What’s wrong Chris?”
 
“Huh? Nothing why’d you think something’s wrong?”
 
“It looks like you’ve been through a marathon, hehe”
 
My boyfriend wrapped his hands around me and added “tell me..”
 
“King Ethnar and Patri gave me reality check of some sorts”
 
“Huh? What do you mean?”
 
“I kind of openly doubted my strength in front of them...”
 
“Oh.oh” Victor let out a heavy sigh of his own. “And... what did they say?”
 
“That I must be blind to my own strength and that they’ll never stop drilling in into this thick head of mine until it sinks in”
 
“Hmm... don’t worry” Victor pulled away from our embrace and cupped my face. “I’ll be with them drilling it into that head of yours too!” Then before I could protest, my boyfriend gave me one hell of a kiss. God I love this man. “Chris. I hope you’ll realize sooner or later that you’re an extraordinary guy. In more ways than one. Don’t ever think you’re weak.”
 
“I promised Patri and King Ethnar that I’ll do better.”
 
“Hmm... you better keep that promise young man. Or else...”
 
“Or else what?”
 
“No more pounding for you... “
 
My eyes were as wide as saucers. “No you wouldn’t!”
 
“If that’s what it takes. I will”
 
“Victor Meyer!”
 
“Christopher Stewart Rogers! Enough of this self doubt okay?” Victor then took a step back. “I mean. Do we have to make a list of your extraordinary achievements and have them plastered all over the place for it to sink in?” My boyfriend playfully rubbed his chin as if to think further and then continued “coz I have several dozen things in mind that I can have printed or do you want me to tattoo every extraordinary attribute you have on my body so you won’t ever forget?”
 
“There won’t be any need for that Victor” I sighed in defeat. “Yes,
I promise to be more self confident”
 
“Good... Coz I was planning on giving you a good pounding tonight”
 
“Oh... now we’re talking” I naughtily smiled back at me boyfriend.
 
—-
 
Lunch with my family and friends was a feast! Borfelian roast, Shanya steaks, Tapendran pastries decorated the entire table. Tons of ‘ohs and ahhs’ were exchanged as people bit into the delicious food.
 
“One thing I’d certainly miss about this realm is the food” Luca commented.
 
“I’ll have to agree with you on that” Konrad said as he enthusiastically munched on the roast.
 
“Don’t worry. We’ve added a bunch of elvish spices on your luggages and a recipe book as well. I mean it won’t be as good but it would give you a taste of what you’ve had here” Uncle Selvenus grinned. Multiple people couldn’t stop thanking him for the spices.
 
Victor then whispered to my ear. “Do you think Etalos or Nomir can cook like this?”
 
“Hmm... I’m not sure.”
 
“Well... at least we still have the spices. The ones Hashana gave us in her last visit are almost out”
 
Mark and Troy exchanged knowing looks. Mark then said “Don’t worry, we’ve actually spent some time in the kitchen, Troy and I might have learned a thing or two”
 
“That’s not fair!” Reza piped in much to the amusement of everyone else.
 
Hugs and bows were exchanged as my entourage thanked my elvish family for hosting us.
 
“It’s been a pleasure to be your host. And again, the offer still stands, you’re all welcome back to the realm” Patri said.
 
“I’ll be in touch” Reza said to Patri then they both looked at me.
 
“Yes yes. Ambassador. I know”
I said to them.
 
“I’ll let you know of the WCC’s decision as well” August added.
 
“Okay. I think this is it gentlemen.
I hope to see you all again soon” Patri said to my friends.
 
I noticed Matra and my uncles spending more time with my dad in their goodbyes. I’m glad to see they’ve all grown close.
 
“We’ll have to figure out a way for you to visit us more often.” Uncle Selvenus said to my dad.
 
“I’m sure Chris will figure a way” Uncle Rehanmir added.
 
“What do you mean?” I asked.
 
“If you can bring stuff with you to and from the realm. What’s another person?” He teased.
 
“Ohhh...”
 
“You better figure it out or else your uncles will be very upset to not see their new brother that often” Matra said to me with a smile.
 
“I will look into it Matra”
 
All our luggage were put in two separate vans. It seems Reza, Konrad, Luca, Lucy and even Victor did their fair share of shopping while I was out.
 
We all then promptly got in our respective cars and we were off to the train station.
 
Nomir was driving for Dad, Victor, and Myself while the others were all split in groups of 2 or 3.
 
The drive to the train station was quick as there isn’t really that much traffic in the realm. We were all escorted to the VIP area via the basement and in minutes we found ourselves in the expansive boarding area of the train station. The high glass ceiling allowing rays of light into the expansive area.
 
The platform didn’t have that many people but our group did receive some attention from our fellow embarking passengers. I bet the media will be having a field day again tonight. *sigh
 
Just like last time the entirety of the first carriage was ours. Our attendants were even the same, Regor and Sethara.
 
We were all given some tea before the train left the capital. The energy in the carriage was certainly a mix of sadness and excitement. I’ll make it a point to have my friends visit the realm more often. I even look forward to having August’s pack in the realm as well. I bet Cage, Fred, and the twins, Arthur and Arnold will love it here too. I hope August bought them some nice souvenirs this time.
 
The scenery that greeted as the train passed the elvish countryside was certainly breathtaking. The rolling hills of the northern province along with the towns and villages that dotted it certainly did not disappoint. The kaleidoscope of colors that various trees and bushes provided would put shame to a novice painter’s color palette.
 
I’m sure most if not all of my friends were taking their time to soak it all in. This has certainly been one great trip for them.
 
I used the train ride as an opportunity for me to reflect to the words of King Ethnar and Patri earlier. Though quite harsh, I see where they’re coming from. Again and again I’ve been praised for my skills, power, and intellect even, but I just somehow don’t see it, every time I look at myself in the mirror, all I see is me, Chris, *sigh. But then again if I try to remove myself from the scenario it does seem that I indeed have a substantial amount of power, people around me have in one way or another recognized it, so why is it that I don’t see it? I mean I know I’m somehow skilled but whenever someone lets me know how powerful I am, it just feels that they’re blowing it out of proportion. Am I really that powerful? *sigh. However I did promise Patri and King Ethnar that i’ll be more cognizant of my abilities. If I can’t accept that I’m that powerful maybe the first step is to at least acknowledge that I’m skilled and above average? Well that I can accept. Okay, baby steps Chris, you can do this.
 
I was still in deep thought when the train stopped at Ashtelon station.
Yal and Hashana were waiting for all of us at the platforms.
 
“Yal? What are you doing here?”
I asked.
 
“I‘m handling your entourage’s departure, and I have some business back on earth anyway”
 
“Business on earth?” I curiously asked.
 
“Well... there’s this new ambassador that I have to introduce to my deputies and other officers operating there so....” Yal winked at me.
 
“Oh...”
 
“Come on let’s get you all at the portal” Yal beckoned to the rest of the group.
 
Hashana was in deep conversation with Leo and August, I overheard August asking her for more tips regarding elvish spices.
 
Sarad and a retinue of elves were waiting for us back at the portal. All had their glamour undone, while I had to have glamour for my pointed ears to get back to human form. We also got back our earthly outfits as well.
 
Sarad also did some routine checks on the health of everyone and it was a relief to hear that we were all clear and healthy.
 
I said my goodbye to Hashana as she was not crossing with us.
“Don’t be a stranger okay?” She teased.
 
“Of course I would never”
 
We were now all gathered at the center of the circles of the portal.
Yal gave me the signal to activate it and almost instantly I felt the tingle and warmth surround my body.
 
And just like that we found ourselves back at the London portal.
Lucy and Erica were immediately onto Mark and Troy who were both clearly feeling a bit dizzy from portal sickness. A pair of elves immediately handed the two guys some drinks to alleviate their discomfort.
 
“Welcome back to London” Yal announced.
 
“Yal I heard you had some business to tend to, where will you be staying?” Luca asked.
 
“Oh... I have a flat here” he replied.
 
“If I may insist, why don’t you stay at my estate”
 
“Really?”
 
“If it wouldn’t serve as a hindrance to your responsibilities, I’d love for you to stay with us” Luca said.
 
“Well... my business this time is all about Chris right here, so staying at your place is actually more than convenient” Yal smiled.
 
“Great. Then we can discuss more about how you beat Victor before”
 
“Sire! That was one time!” Victor piped in.
 
“Want to have a second time?” Yal raised an eyebrow and teased my boyfriend much to the amusement of my friends.
 
We all waited at the lounge for Luca’s cars to fetch us. Reza and Konrad will be fetched by their own driver.
 
Reza and Konrad’s ride arrived first and seeing them haul their goodies from the realm, they both indeed did a lot shopping.
 
“We’ll see you all again tomorrow okay?” Reza said.
 
Reza then approached me before he went to his car. “Chris... it’s been a pleasure and I look forward to working with you”
 
—-
 
Due to the time difference, it was just mid morning of January 6th when we got back in London.
“Are we gonna have lunch again?” Dad asked Victor and I in the car.
 
“I guess so” I replied.
 
Victor was furiously typing and scrolling at his phone when we were in the car.
 
“Checking the nominations?”
I teased.
 
Victor gave me one of his looks that told me I was right.
 
“Chris... 57 votes! Can you believe it?!” Victor said.
 
“Yes... actually I can” I smiled back at him.
 
“Who’s number two Victor?” Dad asked from the front seat.
 
“Robin Latham... he has 19 votes”
 
“Seems like you’re the favorite” dad added looking at Victor through the rear view mirror.
 
“Well... it’s all up to the VHC, they’ll be screening the top 10 nominees” Victor huffed.
 
“Have they said where the screening will be?” I asked.
 
“It will here in London on the 10th, so most likely you guys would have to fly back ahead to Virginia without me” Victor ruefully said. I can sense he really wanted to be with us.
 
“How long will it be?” Dad curiously asked.
 
“The screening should only last a day or two, it’s the voting that might take longer as 2/3 of the VHC members must agree on a nominee. But I don’t have to stay for the voting process just the screening, so I’ll be back in Virginia either on the 11th or 12th.” Victor explained.
 
“Oh. I see” dad replied.
 
“You guys will fly as scheduled on the 8th, I mean you have to prepare for your matriculation right? And I bet Leo’s parents are excited to have him again”
 
“Right. I’ll miss you though” I said to Victor.
 
“I’ll miss you too, but it’s just for a few days”
 
Looking out the car windows and seeing how busy London was, it just hit me that we were back on Earth. I’ve gotten so easily used to the life in the realm it actually scared me.
 
 
We spent several hours settling back in Luca’s estate and all had some sort of late lunch or dinner of some sort. Inter-realm timezones do that to you.
 
“So how’s your mom and dad?”
I asked Leo.
 
“They’re doing great. They just got back from their trip to Florida. That guy Oscar is great!”
 
“One of Luca’s agents?” I asked as I remembered August and Leo making arrangements with this Oscar guy before we left for the realm.
 
“Yeah. He can copy almost any voice so he’s been calling my parents on my behalf every day, they didn’t notice it wasn’t me at all!”
 
“Wow... that’s kinda scary isn’t it?”
 
“Yeah... good thing he works for Luca” Leo chortled.
 
“Where’s August?” I asked my best friend.
 
“He’s in a conference call with two senior members of the WCC right now”
 
“Oh seems like he’s already at work eh?” I asked.
 
“Seems to be the case... “
 
As I looked around the dining room, I noticed that there were actually new paintings and vases. It seems Luca didn’t waste his time putting into good use his newly acquired elvish items.
 
“You like them?” Luca asked me as he noticed my wandering eyes.
 
“Yeah. They look great”
 
“These works of art might have cost me several tens of thousands of crowns but here on earth, any vampire or werewolf... hell even a human with a good eye will pay millions of pounds for such items”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yes”
 
“You’re not going to turn into some sort of inter-realm trader are you?”
 
 
“No... haha, of course not. But... if I decide to become one, will the ambassador give me a permit?” Luca teased.
 
I then looked at Yal and asked “Do I have the authority to do that?”
 
“You’re Ambassador Chris, anything that has something to do with elvish affairs back on earth is under your purview. If you deem such a trade to be in line with the realm’s interest, you may approve it”. Yal explained.
 
Luca gave me a playful wink then stood and said. “Anyway. I’ll have to excuse myself, Reza and I will be having a meeting with the VHC in a few hours”
 
“That soon?”
 
“Hmm... yes Chris. There’s much to discuss, and don’t be surprised if one or two VHC members who are in town or near London will drop by before you leave for America”
 
“Woah”
 
“Don’t worry. I’m more than confident that you can handle yourself in the presence of one or two old vampires right?” Luca said with mischief on his smile. God he’s hot even when he’s teasing me.
 
“Yeah... I guess so”
 
“Good!” Luca smiled back at me.
 
 
I took the opportunity to enjoy the last rays of sunshine in Luca’s garden. The sun was now setting and it was cold outside, though it seems the near zero temperature barely registered as a minor inconvenience to me despite my lack of thick clothing.
 
Victor joined me in my stroll and asked “deep in thought again?”
 
“Yeah”
 
“Talk to me”
 
“Ever since we got back to London,
I sense that there’s something in the air”
 
“Huh? What do you mean?”
 
“I can’t wrap my head around it but I have this nagging feeling that we have to be extra cautious”
 
“Chris... does this have something to do with the demons?”
 
“Most likely. Victor... can you find out if your intelligence network has noticed anything out of the ordinary while we were absent?”
 
“Okay Chris.” Victor replied as he immediately whisked his phone out and started typing. Most likely to contact his people.
 
Victor and I then spent a few more minutes before going back to the mansion.
 
Early evening, the mansion was already quiet it seems the traveling and portal crossover has taken its toll on my friends. I found myself alone with Yal in the kitchen as I was looking for something to drink.
 
“So what’s this business we need to tend to?” I asked Yal.
 
“I’m introducing you to one of my Deputy Ministers tomorrow and the Treasury Minister’s officers for the export and import operations”Yal replied.
 
“Okay... and Yal, can I talk to you about something else?”
 
“Yes? Of course anything at all”
 
“Can you use your research skills and find out if something’s off”
 
Yal shot me a wide grin. “What are we looking for?”
 
“Anything out of the ordinary. Check Vampire, Werewolf, and Human records for things that don’t add up or are not meant to be happening at this time of the year, anything that seems to be out of place... if you’ll have to check police records or hack into classified government information, do it.”
 
“Demons?”
 
“Just a hunch but I feel they’re on the move. We don’t can’t be caught off guard”
 
“I agree. I’ll work on it”
 
“Thanks Yal” I collected my thoughts for a few seconds and further said “If you think your Ministry will need further resources ... let me know, I’m sure I can talk to Patri for a budget increase or something”
 
Yal shot me again another smile.
 
“Why are you smiling at me?”
I asked.
 
“I like seeing this side of you”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Nothing. Rest well my prince. Tomorrow’s another day”
 
—-
 
I spent the evening cuddling and kissing with my boyfriend. Victor is just so irresistible. I even made him drink from me again. With the way victor sucked one me, I think he really likes my blood. Having him feed from me actually gives me quite a rush so it’s a win-win.
 
Just right after midnight, I notice Victor staring into his phone again.
 
“Nominations just closed right?”
I asked.
 
“Yeah...” he said in a rather soft manner, his raspy voice trailing off.
 
“And?” I asked.
 
“I got 61 votes. First place”
 
I wrapped my hands around Victor said. “You’ll do great Victor. I got you and you got me... we’re a team right?”
 
Victor looked back at me full of love. “Yes. We’re a team... forever”
 
“I love you Victor”
 
“I love you too Chris”
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 31
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmmm, well getting back to real life is never easy; but we all have to at some point.  I do wonder when Victor is on the council, how will he and Chris deal with the increased demand on each of their time now.  Demons are on the move, we knew it was coming.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..