Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 5,638 Words
  • 3,616 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 72. Spilt Blood

Just a few minutes after 8pm, Victor said “Terrence is here”, as with our sensitive hearing we heard a car pull over and park in the parking lot outside the mansion. Victor, August, Leo, and myself went outside to greet the vampire governor.

“Welcome! it’s been a long time hasn’t it?” August greeted and hugged the tall black vampire. Terrence looked to be in his mid thirties, had short hair, light chocolate brown skin, and had a smile that would sweep you off your feet; he had a smooth face and a very athletic build, he stood at approximately 6’4 and was accompanied by two other guys.

“Hello, August, I’m starting to get jealous of Victor here, as your vampire counterpart you should be seeing more of me and not him” Terrence said as he hugged August back.

“Can’t help it, I’ve always had a strong liking towards the man” August winked back at Terrence.

“Thought so, and I hear you’re off the market now” Terrence teased August.

“Oh, definitely off the market, this is Leo, the love of my life” August introduced blushing Leo to Terrence.

“My... my... I see why” Terrence said giving Leo a once over. “Oh, where are my manners, these are my progenies, I think you’ve met them a few years back already, but here’s Olson and Nick” Terrence said pointing to the two guys just a few steps behind him, both guys looked to be in their mid twenties, more or less either 6’1 or 6’2 and had slightly tanned complexions; Olson had a nicely trimmed beard with green eyes while Nick was cleanly shaven and had brown eyes, as with most vampires, both were fit.

“Oh, Victor, there you are” The chocolate dream of a man said as he noticed Victor and me behind August and Leo.

“Hello, Terrence, it’s been awhile” Victor greeted the vampire while nodding towards Olson and Nick.

“And who might this young guy be?” Terrence looking towards my direction.

“Terrence... I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Chris Rogers” Victor said, clearly beaming and happy as he uttered those words.

“So the rumors are true?!, the strongest vampire in the East Coast is off the market?!” Terrence nearly shouted, clearly happy for Victor and me. “Nice to meet you Chris, give me a hug” Terrence said.

And before I was able to reply, he was already hugging me and with his strength, lifted me a few inches off the ground. “Mmm... you smell good” Terrence said.

“Hands off Terrence” Victor jokingly said.

“I see why you’re so smitten” the vampire commented.

“Come on, let’s get inside” August said after the introductions were made.

We walked past several agents and werewolves towards the main dining area, but it seems the vampires and the werewolves were all already settling down, and have become comfortable with each other.

Several agents even helped Arthur and Arnold with dinner. The rest of the crew found their own spots to eat in, while August, Leo, Victor and I, Cage, Fred, the twins, and Terrence’s crew ate in the main dining room. Sergei and Gerard, the two other members of August’s pack, just like last time, were off in the mountains fixing some inter pack squabbles.

We all had some light hearted talk and some catching up for several minutes before the serious things were discussed. Terrence and Victor despite just seeing each other just a few times a year seem to really hit it off, August spent time getting to know more about Olson and Nick as he had only met them once before, while the rest of us exchanged a few comments here and there.

“So tomorrow’s the day huh?” Terrence said, bringing things into a more serious tone.

“Yes” Victor flatly replied.

“Are you sure we can contain this?” August asked, concern written all over his face then he added “if things go awry, our species will be revealed”

“I have made arrangements with the media, they’ll keep away, any news about what happens will be dealt with by the High Council’s PR team” Terrence explained.

“And the bloodshed?” August asked. I went numb and nearly frozen when he mentioned that.

“We’ll try to keep it to a minimum” Victor answered.

“Thousands will be there, how few is a minimum?” Cage asked.

“Hopefully just a few dozen” Olson answered for Terrence.

“A few dozen?” Cage answered in surprise.

“How can we cover that up?” Arnold asked.

“We don’t expect it to be fully covered up, but the High Council is working on deflecting as much attention as possible from the event if any news spills over, and manipulator vampires will be at the ready to tinker on the memories of the witnesses” Victor replied.

“There would be thousands of witnesses at worst, Victor” Cage remarked.

“I agree with Cage, Victor, with the limited time we’ve had to organize, we’re only expecting at most, 10 or 11 manipulators by tomorrow evening, and that’s the best case scenario, you know how few they are” Terrence remarked and then added “Please tell me the High Council has another plan for this” Terrence, together with Olson and Nick looked worried, they knew the plan was 50-50 at best, and that was only regarding the cover up portion if we even succeed and not at the part where we defeat Gustav, which they believed to be an even greater task.

“Mass psychic manipulation” Victor flatly remarked, his voice serious yet neutral as well, not giving off any hint as to what he meant.

“Mass psychic manipulation?” Terrence asked.

“Yes”

“You’re crazy, I know you’re a strong psychic vampire Victor, but even you can’t pull that off” Terrence laughed a bit in disbelief.

“Who said anything about me?” Victor answered with a grin.

“What do you mean?” Nick asked for his sire.

“Chris...”

“What about Chris?” Terrence gave me a questioning look.

Then Victor asked Terrence just as he was about to take a bite off his chicken. “Nick and Olson have good mental shields?”

“I sure hope so, I trained them myself, they’re just as about old as your boy Henry is, their shields should be strong” Terrence proudly remarked.

“A demonstration perhaps?” Victor asked.

“What are you guys talking about?” Olson said, clearly worried for himself with the direction of this conversation. As this exchanged was happening, August and Leo clearly had amused looks on their faces, as they knew what we were talking about, as we’d given them, a demonstration earlier with Cage, Fred, and the twins as our victims.

“Chris?” Victor asked.

“Anytime” I replied with a smile.

“What are you going to do?” Terrence asked looking slightly concerned but more curious.

“Shields up guys” Victor said to Olson and Nick.

“Better make it strong” Fred commented as Cage snickered beside him.

“Fine...whatever...” Olson huffed a bit. I felt his and Nick’s mental shields go up, and yeah, those were strong shields, almost as strong as Henry’s.

“So...?” Terrence gave me a questioning look. “I hate to break it to you Victor, but...” his remark was cut off when Olson and Nick started to have a blank look on the faces and the two pushed off the table, stood up, removed their shirts and started making out...passionately if I might add.

“What the hell?! Olson! Nick! Stop that!” Terrence remarked, he stood surprised for a few seconds then it hit him, he looked at Victor who just winked back at him.

Victor said while pointing at me “don’t look at me, it’s all him”

Terrence was clearly surprised. “Shit... you’re making them do this?”

“Yes, I can make them forget it too, tamper with their memories”

“Fuck me”

“Maybe later” I teased back.

“Chriiis...” Victor jokingly warned me.

“What? He’s hot” I teased.

“Make them stop” Terrence said, now he was clearly amused, he even took a 5 second video of the entire make out session.

“Okay”

“What the hell just happened?” Olson said as he came out of the trance.

“Where are our shirts?” Nick asked.

“That was a hot show” Arthur snickered from the side.

“What show?” Olson asked in confusion.

“You guys don’t remember? You both seemed to really like it” Terrence said with a smile.

“Pre-existing feelings, makes it easier” I offhandedly said. Which earned me a raised eyebrow from Terrence.

“What are you guys talking about?” Olson demanding an explanation.

“You guys made out in front of us, felt each other up for several minutes”

“No way” Olson looked at the half naked Nick in front of him who started to blush.

“Here, look” Terrence threw his phone to both guys. “Don’t delete that video” The vampire governor teased, “and even if you do, I have it on the cloud now”

As both guys saw the video, both turned beet red.

“How?” Olson asked in disbelief.

“I don’t know, but seems Chris made you guys do it and forget about it, Hmm, breaking through the mental shields of century old vampires would be good enough to manipulate a few dozen humans”

“Want a demonstration on yourself?” I asked.

“No thanks” Terrence raised both his hands in surrender. “How though? You’re clearly not vampire, and, sorry if I’m offending anyone but...I feel that you’re not human” Terrence said.

Both Olson and Nick who had both their shirts back on now had quizzical looks on their faces, both guys looked at the rest of the guys on the table for answer. “What do you mean, sire?” Nick asked.

“If I may be so candid, something’s off with Chris, I felt it the moment I hugged him earlier” Terrence paused a bit looked around the table to see if anyone was offended, especially me and Victor.

“We’re not offended” I answered.

“So...what are you?” Terrence asked.

I raised my right index finger, and a ball of flame appeared. Olson and Nick jerked back from their chairs and stood while Terrence was frozen in surprise in his seat.

“Am I really seeing this?” Nick commented.

“What...are you?” Terrence asked. Now more serious, I felt concern, curiosity, and surprise in his voice.

“I’m half elf” I said.

“Wait... what?” Olson commented. “Did we just really hear that?”

“Excuse me?” Terrence asked back.

At this point I’d already stopped my fire show but it seems the three guys were still quite surprised.

“Yes... you heard me, half elf”

“But...”

“It’s a long story” I replied

“Victor?” Terrence looked at my boyfriend for an explanation.

Victor smiled back at Terrence and just said “yes, he’s half elf and a very powerful one”

“But that’s unheard of!” Terrence exclaimed as the gravity of what he’s heard and seen hit him.

“Yes...and he’s our secret weapon” Victor replied, the proud smile he had not leaving his face, clearly Victor himself was amazed of what I’m capable of and what I’ve become.

Over dinner, we went over the plans again. The 4 Stratos agents and their 6 associates will be arriving in the morning, we will all regroup in Terrence’s compound in Baltimore at lunch time.

Terrence, Olson, and Nick stayed the night over at August’s mansion.

At around 11pm, I was already in bed cuddling with Victor.

“I have a bad feeling about this” I whispered to Victor while I nuzzled on his bare chest.

“It’s gonna be okay baby, we’ve got each other”

“But, one misstep tomorrow, and all will be revealed to the humans”

“We’ve made arrangements for that” he replied.

“But what if...”

“Chris...you need to rest, sleep.” Victor said, and as he continued to play with my hair, I fell asleep in his arms.

I was in deep sleep, no dreams, just calmness when I felt something was off, and my eyes immediately burst open. Victor was only half a second behind me and he woke up as well.

“Victor...something’s wrong” I say.

“Yes, I sense it too”

A few seconds later we heard shouting in the corridors outside our room, and a soft humming alarm started sounding off across the mansion.

I expanded my senses and, and there it is, intruders, dozens...vampires and rogue werewolves, from all directions. I sense fighting has already begun at the entrance to the narrow road towards August’s compound, the soft hum and whiz of gunfire at the distance.

Victor and I immediately made our way out of our room, vampire agents and werewolves were running around, checking the mission wristwatches provided last night for communication. The alarm’s volume increased by a few decibels, it wasn’t irritating just yet but it grew from background noise to just a tad softer than your morning alarm clock. Then the lights shut off, and a fraction of a second later, the lights were replaced by the bright blue and purple lights of UV that August had installed throughout the mansion. Some of our agents visibly wince when the UV lights went on, and some even hissed in discomfort, but all of them were at least a decade into their vampire hood so this would only be mildly uncomfortable to them, this was targeted towards the newborn vampires that most likely have been recruited or manipulated by the Blood Army.

We checked our watches and it read code red, which means we are indeed under attack and it was a major one.

My senses tell me that the rogues were closing in on the mansion, and the fight at the gates was still not over, I breath a small sigh of relief when I realize that at the gates our agents and August’s werewolves had the upper hand against the rogues. They were too far for me to make out any more details of what was happening but at least they weren’t in any greater danger yet.

We found ourselves on the first floor, just near the main door, August running towards us with Cage and Fred not far behind.

“We’re under attack” August huffed.

“We know” Victor replied.

“How many?” I asked.

“Before the sensors were cut off, it counted 15 in the north wall, 12 in the south, 17 in the west, 11 in the East” Fred explained.

“I’m worried for the guys at the gate” Cage remarked.

“Don’t worry, they’re doing fine” I answered. Which earned me a curious look from August.

“I can sense them, they’re holding them off there, it’s the mansion we should be worried about” I said.

“I see” August replied.

“Where’s Leo?” I asked, concerned for my best friend.

“Arthur and Arnold is with him” Fred replied for August who was busy typing stuff into his watch.

Terrence, Olson, and Nick found their way to us.

I then expanded my senses again and they crafted a quick response plan for this attack. And then something worried me, I expected Gustav to be here, but there was another one, someone just as if not stronger.

“What is it?” Victor asked, sensing my discomfort.

“There’s someone else” I whisper.

“What do you mean?” Terrence was confused and exasperated, his calm demeanor slowly cracking under the pressure.

“Gustav is here, but...there’s someone else as well”

I had a bad feeling about this, this person was a vampire as well, but it seemed that they were older and stronger.

The agents and werewolves around us started to disperse out into the property, dividing themselves into 4 groups.

“We’ll take the Eastern perimeter wall, that should be easy for us to get this over with, then we can help the rest” Terrence said.

“No...that’s where Gustav and the other one is as well” i interjected.

“Terrence, the most number of intruders are in the western edge of the property, you’re needed there the most” August said.

“Okay...Olson, Nick follow me” Terrence said, as the three of them ran out the door to take the lead on the agents and werewolves facing off the rogues there. The distant sound of gunfire, screams, and grunts continued permeate the

air, the sound of the alarm now just background noise.

“What now?” August asked me.

“Eastern perimeter” I reply.

The 5 of us made our way to another door, guarded by 2 vampire agents, this door was the closest to the eastern property wall.

“Protect the mansion at all cost” Victor said to his agents. The vampires saluted and nodded in the affirmative as we left the mansion.

“We can catch up with the group of vampires and werewolves that left a moment ago for the eastern wall” I remarked.

“Let’s run!” August commanded. And with that, everything around us went by like a blur, the crescent moon giving us little light in the dark night, but with our eyesight, moving through the trees and shrubs of August’s expansive property was easy.

It didn’t take that long for us to reach a clearing in the property, there were 4 vampire agents and 3 of August’s werewolf agents in a stand off with 11 rogues, it was clear that they had just made contact and we just made it in time, if we were a few seconds behind, I doubt that all our agents would still be alive, based on what I’ve sensed, this is the most dangerous group amongst the rogue intruders and they didn’t even know it.

Two people stood out in the group of rogues, one was Gustav who had a nasty evil smile on his face, dried blood on his mouth, clearly he fed off somebody on his way to the mansion, we’ll have to deal with that later. Another was a slender woman, with dark blonde hair, and blood red eyes, she stood at around 5’6 and her calm and cold demeanor could have fooled anyone but the most experienced of warriors, she looked to be in her mid twenties, but to me, she felt like an old soul.

“My my...you made it just in time” Gustav sneered at us.

Victor looked at the group of rogues in front of us, and he noticed the lady.

“Agatha?”

The lady gave Victor a knowing yet bone shuddering smile. “Victor...my dear”

“Agatha this has to stop”

“I agree my boy” her voice and demeanor telling you that behind her calm facade is an old and menacing dark force. “That’s what we’re here for, it has come to our attention, that aside from the New York District, your team here is the only thing that’s really stopping us from taking over the Americas” the cold and callous laugh she made after her statement sent chills throughout my body.

“The rest of the districts will fall after we take care of this team you and your friend from District 5 has gathered, and also...I must commend you for bringing one of the Crescent Council’s rising stars here as well, hehe, his death will surely cement our support from the rogue werewolves” the lady added.

The rest of the agents, vampire and werewolf alike, stood still and firm as the exchange occurred. All were focused on the rogues in front of them.

It happened so fast that I barely noticed it.

“Cage... No!” Victor screamed as the werewolf ran and jumped to attack Agatha, and with a swipe of her left hand, Cage was thrown more than 10 feet in the air and landed halfway across the clearing from us, the muscular werewolf unconscious.

August tried to run towards Cage but Victor stopped him.

“He’s fine, just unconscious” I whisper to August, and that seemed to calm the clan alpha a bit.

“She’s stronger than she seems” Victor explained. “She’s one of the Blood Army’s leaders, former councilor Agatha Thorne”

That’s why she had such an unsettling presence. She is one of the leaders behind this, and a former councilor at that.

I felt a nudge in my mind, it was Victor. “Careful, she’s fast, she’s a speeder and she’s a hundred years older than me, don’t underestimate her” I gave Victor a mental sign that I got his message, I also sent a quick and discreet message to all of our agents to be careful about Agatha as well, the agents tried their best to hide their shock of the mental invasion of my message but it seemed the rogues didn’t notice anything.

“I bet you guys have caught wind of our plan for the big reveal in the concert later in the evening?” Gustav teased. “Agatha here decided there was no need to be too dramatic, an even greater reveal will be made once we’ve wiped all of you from this world” he spat.

And just as he finished his sentence, his rogue minions, ran and attacked us, several pulling out long knives, some had pistols. Shots were fired but none were targeted against me, I didn’t sense anybody from our team being injured just yet. Their rogues were younger than ours so they would be easy for our agents to handle.

The vampire and werewolf agents were fighting around us, only August, Victor, and myself were left in the middle with Gustav and Agatha.

“Hmm... this human is different” Agatha noted. “You’re brave to be in the middle of all of this” she smirked. “I’ll make sure to drink every last drop of your blood in your honor”

However what caught Gustav and Agatha by surprise was that August and Victor decided to take Agatha for themselves while I was left with Gustav. It was like watching them fight in fast forward, Victor and August working in sync blow by blow against the old vampire.

Gustav gave me a sneering smile

“I feel insulted” he remarked “I’ve heard you’re special but...they’ve kept it well hidden as to why, but I’m sure I’ll make a quick job out of you”

Gustav ran towards me, and we exchanged blows in a flurry, a punch and a kick there, he pulled out a knife which complicated things until I zapped his right hand, letting him go of the knife.

We exchanged several more blows.

“Damn, you’re good” he said, wiping some blood from his lips. The he pulled out a pistol, and aimed at me, he shot 4x and with almost by instinct, I pulled my energy and my shield stopped the bullets right on their tracks, amidst the noise of the fighting around us, I heard the metal sound of bullets dropping to the ground.

“Hmm...what’s this?” Gustav remarked, he seemed surprised but still unafraid. “Is this what the hang up around you is all about?” He sneered. “I reckon this is the same force you hit me with when you saw your boyfriend fuck me, remember that, oh my, he does fuck good doesn’t he?” Gustav was baiting me.

“I won’t fall for it Gustav”

“Fall for what? I’m just saying it as it is, Victor’s a good fuck” he smiled.

Then I felt a mental attack against myself, Gustav was trying to break my barriers. I winced in pain as my head throbbed, I raise my hands to my head to help with the aching, and that was the opening Gustav only needed to pull out another knife and stab me, good thing I was able to somehow see it coming, and it only hit me on my left shoulder.

Blood started to bleed out of me, my shirt soaking itself red. I screamed in pain which got August and Victor’s attention, distracting them from Agatha, leading them to getting hit several times by kicks and punches from the ridiculously fast lady.

I remembered some of the healing spells, I’ve been taught by Patri, and I stopped the bleeding. I collected myself and stood firm again surprising Gustav.

“Your blood smells good, I might have to ask Agatha to share you with me”

That’s it, with the fighting around us still happening, I had to do something, our agents were getting tired, we didn’t have time for this. I pulled a substantial amount of energy from within and let it go, specifically knocking out all the rogues in the area, with Agatha and Gustav remaining, their age and strength, saving them from being knocked out.

Agatha looked around in surprise

“What the hell just happened?” She screamed. Realizing it was my doing, she ran towards me, fangs blared. With another wave from my hand, she was swung several feet away from me and landed on her back.

“My my...you’re a talented one aren’t you?” Gustav commented, it seemed Agatha was more shaken with the revelation of my abilities than Gustav.

August and Victor have taken the few seconds of distraction I’ve provided as a chance to recover and check on their agents.

“So...my suspicions are confirmed, the elves are still alive after all” his smile now wider and grimmer than before. “This changes everything Agatha, I’m sorry” Gustav said.

Gustav walked towards the now confused Agatha, “what do you mean Gustav?”

Gustav wrapped his hands around Agatha from behind, with the looks of it, his hold was tight. “I have to bring back my masters Agatha, I need old vampire blood, and you coming out of your lair specifically out for this mission is just what I needed” Gustav said menacingly towards the female vampire who despite her age and agility couldn’t do anything to get away from the tight grip of Gustav.

“What’s the meaning of this Gustav?!” Agatha screamed as Gustav’s fangs sank on the squirming vampire, the rest of us stood in shock with this development. In front of us, Gustav drank with vigor the blood of his former ally, what’s happening? This confused me, aren’t they suppose to be on the same team? Agatha was clearly dying in front of us.

Agatha’s body stopped moving and a few seconds later, Gustav threw her lifeless body to the ground, he retracted his fangs, and with a satisfied sigh, just like from finishing a cold refreshing drink Gustav coldly looked at us and said “just what I needed, old vampire blood, the High Council members were too hard to track, and I’m already done infiltrating the Vampire government, the Blood Army was an easier target waiting for me,” He laughed maniacally, causing me to shudder “I’ve already gathered enough information from the Vampire Government and Blood Army anyways, good thing one old vampire was on hand tonight, I just needed to to drink old vampire blood for me to use my strength just like what my masters designed me for, and Agatha showing up for this mission was just what I needed, hehe, I doubt Victor’s blood would have been enough, maybe in a few more decades or so” Gustav laughed.

“What the hell?!” August said loudly in disgust.

“Oh no, you’re wrong August, Hell? No... not yet, but I’ll make sure my masters bring the wrath of hell to earth as the world should be, I will bring them back!”

“Masters?” Victor asked.

“I’m sorry you’ll all be long dead and gone from this world to see their glorious return”

The words of Gustav confused me, what the hell is he talking about. What masters? What’s this talk about returning to the world?

I notice August take an offensive stance from his spot, I felt his energy level increase, he was bulking up again like the last time we fought, his muscle mass doubled, he grew several inches taller, as he transformed I heard a low growl coming from him. August’s shirt was now ripped and the strong werewolf launched himself against Gustav.

They exchanged a few blows but Gustav clearly had the upper hand.

Victor noticed August’s distress and joined in, but Gustav seemed to just be toying with them.

“Is this the best the east coast can muster?” He laughed as he exchanged blows with both werewolf and vampire. Gustav has clearly gotten stronger after drinking Agatha’s blood.

Gustav jumped away from the two guys and I felt it, strings of energy from him towards our agents, he was going to manipulate them against us!

I immediately intervened and with a bright burst of light from me, the manipulative strings of Gustav evaporated.

“You’re no fun, elf!” He said with so much vitriol in his voice.

Then Gustav collected himself, jumped a few feet away from us, and I noticed his muscles increasing in size as well, just like what August went through, but this was more noticeable, and instead of inches, he grew by more than a foot. Gustav’s fair skin turned purple, his eyes now completely black, and his fangs now fully exposed. He was less human looking and more akin to a monster now, he hunched his back, and with a loud and ear shattering growl, reptilian like wings grew from his back, his hands and feet turning into claw like appendages, his nails sharp and long, and with another growl, he grew what I think was a three foot long tail!

“Everyone help everyone else, leave us alone here!” August commanded to the agents. It took the agents a few seconds as they took in the scene in front of them to register the command and follow suit. “Fred, get Cage away from here, we’ll handle this” August asking Fred to take Cage’s unconscious body away from the area

“What the fuck is happening?” Victor muttered.

The energy emanating now from Gustav or whatever this thing in front of us is was stronger and darker, I knew I had to do something about this. I formed two fire balls in my hands and threw them at the creature, earning a loud scream that would wake even the creatures in the deepest of slumbers as the creature’s skin burned, its putrid smell wafting through the air.

The creature flew towards us, it’s wings now fending off the other fire balls I’ve been throwing at it.

I didn’t know how or where it came from but I managed to produce a magic reinforced chain of fire that held the beast off.

It screamed as it tried to claw its way towards us but the chain held it in place. However I didn’t know how much longer I could continue to hold it still.

August and Victor picked up pistols that were dropped on the ground and started firing at the beast, but the bullets merely scraped its now thick skin.

I tried to mentally invade the creature but it’s shields were too strong, and it fought back hard. Trying to hold it off with a bad headache was bad enough so I pulled back.

I produced 4 pillars of fire that lit up the area, it encircled the creature and slowly burned off its flesh. It’s loud groans of pain and resistance echoing throughout the dark night.

This wasn’t Gustav anymore, and we were totally clueless as to what we’re facing. And just as I thought that the pillars of fire would start to scorch the creature, it broke free from my chain and was able to launch itself towards me, I however was fast enough to avoid its claws save for it scratching me on my right shoulder.

I didn’t know where I got the energy from, but I felt warm and hot, the symbol for the house of Maktar tingling in my wrist, the script even showed itself on the back of my right hand, now shining brilliant white gold, and with a wave of my right hand, lightning struck the beast! The loud echo of thunder consuming the night, all other noise faded away.

The reptilian creature fell to the ground and started transforming itself back to Gustav, wings and tails receding, scales giving way to skin, monstrous features giving way to an unconscious vampire.

“What the hell just happened?” August remarked.

And with a brief expansion of my senses, I then knew that the fighting around the compound was coming to an end and that we were going to emerge victorious this time around.

Not taking any chances, I conjured magically reinforced chains to restrain Gustav and the rest of the rogues. With a flick of my fingers I incinerated the rogues that had already died.

“They fed before attacking the compound, make sure we’re able to cover any tracks they’ve left” I said to Victor.

My boyfriend nodded at me and gave instructions on his phone for his agents to clean it up and to make arrangements should there be any media attention, I just hoped that this wasn’t too big for us to cover up, ‘not now’ I thought.

I wanted to see what they’ve left behind in their bloodthirsty tracks. I pulled one unconscious vampire aside, invaded his mind, and saw the bloody images of their attack on a gas station a few miles away, they drank from the cashier and from a family of 4, with two children; the family just decided to buy snacks and gas up that night on the way to town. I pulled another vampire aside and saw them attacking an unknowing motorist they’d past by on the way to the compound, and with an expanded mind invasion to the rest of the rogues, I get the entire picture, 43 innocent lives taken by the rogues that night, including 8 children. With tears flowing from my eyes as I shared the memories and images with August and Victor, I incinerated even the unconscious rogue vampires and werewolves, including Gustav.

After turning all the rogues to ash,

I wince in pain, as the scratch left by Gustav on my right shoulder started to cause pain, the scratch throbbed and I winced. Victor noticed my discomfort and the last thing I remember before losing consciousness was my boyfriend running towards me, his face filled with worry as everything else started to fade away.

Thanks again to @Etotsira for helping me out with this. 😉
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 22
  • Wow 6
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..