Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 3,024 Words
  • 3,654 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 91. Visions 1

Dinner was rather fun, everyone seemed to start relaxing around my elf relatives, it seemed like the days we’d spent here in the realm has made the people I’ve brought in from earth learn to be less awkward when it came to interacting with elvish royalty. Of course the hesitation on being less formal or how to balance being familiar and respectful crept in every now and then. I guess only continued interactions and get togethers like this would help in the future.

Everybody continued to rave about my sparring session with King Ethnar.

“We have to work on our Magnus spells” Zenfar said to Sarad

“I totally agree...it’s been years since I’ve seen multiple Magnus spells cast at any given time...usually it ended a fight right then and there... this time however we saw King Ethnar and Prince Christopher create multi layered spells again and again” Sarad chuckled in amazement of what he has witnessed earlier.

“So what are your plans for tomorrow?” Patri asked Reza.

“With it being our last full day tomorrow I think Konrad and I will be doing some last minute rounds in the art district, the specimens available there are just immaculate” Reza replied with a hint of excitement in his voice.

“Hmm...I’m glad to hear you’ve taken a liking to our fine works”

“Oh King ZoHal...Elvish products have always been sought after...remember the time when some wars were avoided or put to a quick end because the elves threatened to withdraw supply of their fine works to the warring sides?”

“Ahhh... yes...yes” Patri lightly laughed.

“You can’t be serious” I chimed in.

“Oh...don’t underestimate how sought after your products are, your highness. I am serious.” Reza said.

“People would stop a war for threat of not getting a painting, sculpture, or some other thing??” I curiously asked.

“Yes. Elvish artistry is unparalleled and works made by master artists have magic within them. Some royals and nobles found inner peace, others a sense of confidence they never had, while some found that their ailments became more tolerable when they were close to such magical works” Reza explained further.

“Is this true until now, Patri?”

“If your vampire friend here has a good eye...and I bet he does, I’m sure he’s bringing some very magical items back to England” Patri chuckled.

“I hope so...” Reza winked back at me.

“Tomorrow we’ll be having another dinner feast to celebrate your last full day here at the realm” Patri announced much to everyone’s delight.

As dinner came to a close, Patri pulled me aside while everyone else started to head back to their rooms.

“Chris... a moment?”

“Yes, Patri?”

“I know you’re still new to this, and I hate to rush things with you, but I have to insist that you pick a chief of staff and a bodyguard for you back on earth.”

“Uhm...okay Patri. I’ll think about it.”

“Chris. What matters more is that you trust the people you’ll be hiring. Okay?”

“Yes, Patri.”

—-

After a relaxing warm bath, I found myself cuddling with my boyfriend in bed.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Victor asked me. “That was quite the spar you had earlier. And multiple ones at that”

“Hmm I’m fine. Though, yeah, that was quite the spar indeed.” I replied

“If King Ethnar had 14 spells on his Magnus Spells. How many did you pack in yours?”

“In the first one, I used only 8 and in the second I used 22.”

“Really?!” Victor sat straight on the bad. Then he took a few seconds to himself. “Wait...how were your 8 spells able to equally match the 14 of King Ethnar?”

“I honestly wasn’t sure that it was gonna be enough, but apparently it was...and also, did you notice the different styles we had in casting the spells?”

“Yeah. The movements were different”

“I think we were both using different techniques. I’ll have to ask around regarding that” I added.

“Yes. You definitely should” Victor paused as he played with my hair with his left hand. “Wait a minute... did you just say you had 22 spells stacked on top of one another in the last Magnus Spell?”

“Yes. Hehe. It prematurely launched itself though, something deep inside me prevented me from completing the spell”

“Something inside?” Victor looked confused and worried.

“The chains? I feel them inside me, it’s as if they’re restraining my powers.”

“The ones from the Ascension?”

“Yes...”

“Chris, should I be worried?”

“No... not yet anyway. Sarad and Zenfar are already scouring the records for the chains. And so are Patri and King Ethnar. Though it seems it’s like some sort of power regulator for me. Basically puts an end to the Kumhaktas I was having before.”

“Chris... the moment you feel something’s off with these chains. Let us know. Okay? Don’t hide it!”

“Okay...” I meekly replied. Victor looked really worried. “Don’t worry. I’ll let you know the moment I feel something’s wrong.”

“Good.”

The spike in sexual appetite that I’ve had since my ascension seemed to have started to mellow down. So for that night I was content with having three loads from my boyfriend, my old vampire boyfriend slept like a baby. I think I wore him down. Oops.

—-

Reza, Konrad, Luca, Lucy, and Erica were already eating breakfast when Victor and I walked in, it seemed like they were all excited to do some last minute shopping and touring before we left for London tomorrow. Leo and dad on the other hand had more lessons with the apprentice mages just before noon so shopping and tours for them would have to be in the afternoon.

The rest started to stream into the dining area a few minutes later.

“Chris. I think I’ve said this before but I’m saying it again, the realm is utterly splendid! It’s beyond words” Luca said. “I’m glad you invited us to come visit”

“I wouldn’t have had it any other way, I’m glad you guys are here. And don’t worry. This won’t be your last time in the realm.” I said with a cheeky grin.

They all looked at each other, and then back at me. “Really? Are you serious?” Luca asked.

“Of course, I am. Who said anything about this being a one time visit to the realm?” I asked.

“Well we just assumed it’s strictly an elf-only area” August added.

“Hmm...I doubt that’s good for elf and non-elf relations. I’ll have to bring that up to the Ambassador, don’t you think?” I asked.

“Smart ass” Leo elbowed me.

“Hmm...don’t know what you’re talking about” I said to my best friend.

“So what are your plans for today?” I asked Stefano and Hashim. They both seemed to be not interested in doing some last minute shopping.

“Etalos has kindly arranged a sparring session for us later in the day.” Hashim replied.

“Sparring? On your last day?” I asked.

“Well... seeing you spar with King Ethnar last night got us really riled up. We want to get much stronger” Hashim said.

“Ohh... I see”

“Guys you really don’t have to” Luca said to his confidants.

“We want to. Don’t worry. And also we’ll be having some last minute shopping as well before dinner” Stefano said.

“What time are we leaving tomorrow?” Konrad asked.

“Just after lunch. We’ll be taking the train back to Ashtelon then you know the drill when it comes to the portal” I answered.

“Hmm. Okay. Sounds about right” Konrad replied. “Still have to get over the fact that elves have high speed trains” he chuckled.

“I’ll have to second that” Luca said.

“Reza... we have to step up our game. Seems like the elves have left us in the dust. And all this time we thought they were extinct” August said with a light laugh.

“Hmm... I think the vampires and werewolves have pretty much done okay for themselves” I added.

“Not as good as this, though” Victor chimed in. “What the elves have here is something that vampires and werewolves have strived for. Peace and prosperity”

“I bet we can achieve that faster if we had you in the Council” Reza said to my boyfriend. There was a hint of mischief in his eyes.

“Oh, goodness. I almost forgot about the VHC vote”

“Well...we haven’t, it’s almost the deadline for nominations. I’m curious to see how many votes you’ve gotten in the time we’ve been away” Luca piped in.

“Oh, sire. What did you do?” Victor asked in slight distress.

“Nothing. Nothing at all my child” Luca had this laugh that told me he actually did something and pulled some strings. I think Victor will be in for a surprise once we get back to London.

During that exchange, Victor’s progenies exchanged looks at it seemed they were all eager to see their sire in the VHC.

“Well...I guess Atlanta’s going to be the capital of District 4 again” Henry said to Patrick.

“Huh?” Patrick was the one now that seemed clueless.

“Patrick you can be as thick as our sire sometimes. If he becomes Councilor, who do you think becomes governor of District 4?” Lucy playfully smacked Patrick’s head.

Then Patrick had a moment of realization and much to our amusement he seemed to be in as much of a panic as Victor over the matter.

“Sire. You wouldn’t!” Patrick said to Victor.

“Seems like we’re in the same boat, Patrick” Victor said to his oldest progeny. It was already expected that Patrick would take over as Governor should Victor join the VHC. Technically the High Council can appoint another governor for the District, but Patrick was already an experienced officer under Victor and was already known by the power players within the area. He was the most rational choice as Victor’s replacement.

After breakfast I spent a few minutes watching Dad and Leo with their training. It seemed that both are fast learners, the Mage apprentice were surprised with how much progress the two have shown in the past few days.

Leo was now able to successfully cast simple spells, while dad seemed to be doing better with controlling his energy. Ejano, their main teacher gave them several books and scrolls to bring with them back on Earth. I was tasked with helping them with their magical control and education.

I shot dad a sly grin. “I guess you’ll be the home schooled mage back home?”

My father gave out a loud sigh and only replied “go easy on me, son”

“Hmm... I’ll try” I said with a laugh as I waved them goodbye and made my way to see Victor, Patrick, and Henry in a 3 on 3 sparring session with high level silver elves.

I was joined by Raymond and August in watching our friends struggle against the well coordinated attacks of the air, earth, and water elves.

“They’re so in sync” Raymond commented.

“Yeah. You can tell that those elves have worked hard to reach that level. Years... decades even” August added.

“They work so well together” I said.

“Those are Akros apprentices” Uncle Selvenus said as he joined us.

“Akros apprentices?” I asked.

“Yeah. They’re in training to be members of Akros. By the looks of it they’re a few more years away to becoming full Akros members”

“I’ve got to say. The realm is pretty much a well oiled machine. It’s basically a country” August said to my uncle.

“Hmm... seems like it is.” My uncle agreed. “We do our best. I was born in the realm, and I’ve grown up to such a structure and way of life. But based on what I’ve heard things were less organized before the realm”

“Hmm... I can imagine” August replied. “But then again... based on records you elves seemed to have a knack for organizing yourselves better than vampires and werewolves”

My uncle lightly laughed as we all continued to watch the session. “Well I guess it’s an elvish thing”

Despite Victor being Gold level. Their group had a lot of difficulty in facing their opponents. The three elves just worked so well together and outmaneuvered my boyfriend and friends at almost every move.
Half an hour later the session was declared a draw.

Dad, Victor, and I joined my elvish family for lunch. It was nice to have my family and boyfriend together.

King Ethnar joined as well, it seemed by great grandfather decided to remain in the capital while me and my friends were still in the realm.

“Remember to drop by my place in Ashtelon when you’re in the realm” King Ethnar said to me.

“Of course I will, great grandfather.”

“There’s a lot of things to be done. You have your ambassadorship. You have your education and training, it’s gonna be a lot but you’ll survive” Patri laughed.

*groan*

“It’s gonna be okay” Victor whispered into my ear.

“You have a supportive boyfriend and father beside you. You’re in good hands young one” Patri said. “And we’re always here and we all know the barrier has been nothing to you. I hope you haven’t grown sick of us these past few days?”

“Of course not, Patri. I’ll visit as often as I can”

“Good to hear that!”

—-

Victor and I were having a stroll in the garden early in the afternoon when a rushing Etalos came to us.

“Prince Christopher...” the elf started.

I shot him a look and he corrected himself. “Chris...”

“Okay? What’s the matter?”

“Prince Rehanmir and Master Yalekin have called for you to join them at Facility 1, sir”

“Isn’t that the high security center of the realm?” I asked.

“Yes it is.” Etalos softly replied.

“Did they tell you what the issue was?” I curiously asked.

Etalos looked around and then looked at me and Victor.

“Etalos... I think we can trust Victor”

“The Prince said it had something to do with the Setalus Incident” Etalos said softly.

“Any more details?” I asked. Shit this seemed serious.

“Nothing else was said. But he did ask for you. Nomir is already waiting for you in the car”

I looked at Victor. And my boyfriend only gave me an understanding nod.
I kissed him softly and said “I’ll be back soon”

Etalos stayed back at the palace while Nomir drove me to the outskirts of the capital to Facility 1.

There was a special entrance for high clearance officers and I was promptly allowed in the moment the scanners showed my Level 10 clearance.

I was escorted by two male elves in dark blue uniforms through the modern corridors of Facility 1. It was one of the main operation centers of Yal’s spy network.

I was accompanied into a large room, my uncle and Yal were already there in deep conversation with Sarad and Zenfar.

They all noticed me when I walked in.

“What’s this all about?” I asked. They all looked to be on high alert yet in deep thought as well based on their body language.

Yal was the first to speak. “My network was informed of some irregularities in the behavior of two individuals last night...”

“And?” I asked.

“It seems both elves are having the same visions that befell the former Chief of Setalus” Zenfar answered.

“We’ve scanned them and they both seemed to just be in the early stages of the visions” Yal added.

“Have you read their minds? Or seen the visions yourself?” I asked.

“Yes...but their shields are too strong” Sarad stood then explained further. “We’ve seen glimpses of their visions but we only get bits and pieces but we can’t fully see the visions”

“So...you need me to break their mental shields?” I asked already knowing the answer.

“Yes” Uncle Rehanmir answered.
“We’ve asked our best mind readers to open their minds only to be repeatedly rebuffed...and from what we know and have seen it seems these visions are similar to the one that plague the village chief of Setalus”

“Have you scanned the realm for any incursions or rips in the barrier?” I asked. I was worried that maybe demons were behind this and are already in the realm.

“Yes we have. Initial readings say no incursion has been made, but my team is already double checking as we speak” Uncle Rehanmir said.

“Okay...okay. I’m not sure I’ll be of any help but okay. I’ll try to read their minds. Bring me to them”
I answered.

‘What the hell is happening here?’ I thought.

I was then accompanied into another room. It was well lit and behind a magically reinforced glass wall were two male elves that looked to be in their early thirties.

“The one on the right is Tehak, he’s a teacher, his brother said he’s been having the visions for almost a week now. One on the left is Hapnar, he’s a craftsman, his business partner called for assistance as he noticed the man had not returned his calls and hadn’t shown up for work. They were both referred to different health clinics in the realm, stayed overnight, but the healers thought something was odd and contacted us last night” Yal explained.

Both elves in front of me were Elurdeya, had light brown hair and slim builds, and both seemed to be sitting quietly on their own. Both were calm behind the glass enclosure.

“They were made aware of their situation and are cooperating with us” Yal added.

“Any connections between the two of them?”

“Nothing. Both are from different villages” Sarad answered.

“How can they be so calm?” I asked.

“Well...” Yal and my uncle exchanged looks.

“Yal?” I pointedly asked.

“I kind of let it slip that the Platinum Prince was going to help them. It was that or we sedate them. But it seemed the first option easily calmed them down”

*sigh* “no promises Yal. But I’ll see what I can do” I said in a huff, and with that I was escorted by Sarad and my uncle to see if I can break the shields of the two elves.

Thanks a bunch @Etotsira
🥺😘

Stay tuned for Ch92! 😘
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 32
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm concerned, is everything ok on your end?  You've given us 2 half chapters and several days between posting.  

Are you okay?

 

True concern, Robert

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Timejun said:

I'm concerned, is everything ok on your end?  You've given us 2 half chapters and several days between posting.  

Are you okay?

 

True concern, Robert

Yep all is fine. Work has just been a bit more hectic. The next chapter is already for editing and I’m already working on 93. 
 

Though for 92 I suggest you talk to Etalos... uhm I mean @Etotsira 😂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, gabz2000 said:

Yep all is fine. Work has just been a bit more hectic. The next chapter is already for editing and I’m already working on 93. 
 

Though for 92 I suggest you talk to Etalos... uhm I mean @Etotsira 😂

I’m trying :(

@Timejun Work has been so hectic! I will get it to him on Sunday morning, I promise!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 5/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, Etotsira said:

Work has been so hectic! I will get it to him on Sunday morning, I promise!

@Timejun Did'ya mean next Sunday?

Dude Spying GIF by Originals

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Billy Martin said:

@Timejun Did'ya mean next Sunday?

Dude Spying GIF by Originals

So sorry for the delay! 
 

New chapter has now been posted. I hope you like it. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

I don't think it is a coincidence that as Chris as grown in power, the issues with the visions started in the Elvish realm, can't see the connection yet, but sure it is there.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..