Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,933 Words
  • 3,182 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 33. The Meeting

The weekend went by so fast, t’was filled with various activities dad, Leo, and Victor organized to cheer me up. We went to the park, went hiking at a nearby trail, and had a cookout and pool party amongst ourselves in our backyard, good thing the pool was heated as the autumn winds have certainly become chilly.

 
Sunday night my dreams at the tower returned. I was now seated back in the ground floor atrium, I looked around and the library tower still looked the same, funny thing though, ever since I had that necklace, it’s started to get all tingly whenever I was in the dream.
A few moments later I realized that my table was bigger than usual, and instead of books, what was laid out in front of me was a painting, a painting done in a white cloth, probably 4ft x 5ft in size. The paining was of 12 people, 6 men and 6 women of various ages - from what looked to be in their mid twenties to early fifties. They were gathered in a circle and painted around them, wisps of bright flowing energy like waves gathering around them, their hands stretched towards the center of their circle, they seemed to be channeling their energy towards a crystal in the middle. The 12 people in the circle were surrounded by several dozen spectators in the background, men and women dressed in ornate medieval style clothes. The spectators had varied looks on their faces, some were of hope, some of trepidation, while others were of concern.
 
One of the men in the crowd looking towards the circle of men and women casting their magic looked somewhat vaguely familiar, but I’m not entirely sure when and where if I’ve ever seen him.
 
The painting looked a little bit aged, but everything on it, all it’s details were pretty much preserved, colors popped and expressions and details from the faces and gestures of the characters seemed to leap out of the painting and draw you further in.
 
My pendant continued to tingle, my fingers brushing against the painting, until my gaze settled on one of the men in the circle, he looked to be in his early fifties, well built, and his robe more ornate than the rest, he had shoulder length wavy blonde hair, his eyes hauntingly blue, he had a crown of gold and silver, it’s design to be similar to that of the Ancient Greek Laurel wreath bands, the man was beautiful, his posture regal, and his magic powerful, later on as I further studied his face, I realize that somehow if my sight was not betraying me, that somehow, his features resembled that of mine.
I was confused, he certainly wasn’t me but the shape of the face, the eyes, the near platinum blonde hair, clearly resembled that of mine.
 
I was so taken by the painting that it took me several seconds to realize that I wasn’t alone in the tower, I froze in my seat as I heard footsteps! Footsteps and hushed whispers, seemed like there were two individuals coming my way, the footsteps were getting closer and closer, their hushed tones becoming more and more audible, I was able to hear a few words but none were in English.
 
My head and senses started scanning my surrounds but no one was in sight.
But I swear the footsteps were getting closer, the ones coming over to me seemed to be hidden behind several shelves.
 
My head darted from one direction to another and seconds later there they were, two middle aged guys, walking closer to me, both clearly looked familiar, both dressed in elegant robes, the older guy was in a gold and red robe of what seemed to be a shiny fabric, satin perhaps?, while the other guy a step or two behind the more regal guy was in a robe of silver and blue.
 
A froze as they approached me, both seem to not have noticed me yet as while they were walking and talking, their heads were slightly bowed downwards. They seemed to be in serious conversation but the looks on their faces showed bewilderment and borderline confusion, as if they weren’t familiar with the place they were in.
 
The guy in blue and silver robe looked up and saw me, he nudged the older guy and both of them stopped on their tracks. I stood up and tried to speak but I really didn’t know what to say, it’s the first time I’ve encountered someone in this tower.
 
The older guy looked curiously at me, and then spoke but I could not understand him.
 
“I’m sorry, I don’t understand” I meekly said with a highly anxious expression and tone coming from me.
 
The older man looked at his companion, they exchanged a few words in their own language. Both approached me, I froze, the older man stopped inches from me, he held his right hand on the temple of my head, he spoke some words and my head started feeling warm.
 
After the weird sensation in my head has left me, I looked at him curiously. The old man spoke and said “do you understand us now?”
 
I nodded and said “yes, ... how?... what’s this all about?, I don’t know what’s happening, who are you?” I asked, I didn’t know what to feel, I was confused and maybe even frightened.
 
Both guys looked at me and stayed silent for a few seconds. The moment of silence gave me the time to gather my thoughts and then it hit me, the guy in the blue and silver robe was the guy at the state fair! The one that gave me the pendant. The man stood at around 5’11, a nice trimmed build, a little less muscular than my dad but he was clearly working out, he had an olive skin tone, more Italian looking, he had wavy brown hair and blue eyes. His beard closely trimmed. Something about him is different though, his features are now more defined, he is more attractive now than before. And his ears! He had pointed ears! It didn’t look bad but certainly different. I also noticed he had ear piercings each small blue crystals on it.
 
The other man, the one in the red and golden robe was the person in the painting, the one with the crown, he stood at around 6’3, he looked to be in his mid fifties, he had broad shoulders, a stocky muscular build, broad shoulders and a well built frame, his eyes were very light blue, his hair almost silver but was platinum blonde which had a short length on it, he had a tightly trimmed dark blonde beard. And he had pointed ears too!
 
I looked at the guy in the blue robe and said. “You... you gave me the pendant right?”
 
“Yes, indeed, and it seems like I was right giving it to you”
 
“Who are you?” I asked.
 
The guy in blue said “I’m Yalekin, you can call me Yal, and this is his highness, King ZoHal of House Haldruin”
 
Am sorry what?!
A king?! A king?! Of what?! Of whom? That escalated quickly I thought... I can’t take this, I was panicking inside but I tried to keep myself steady, I thought this was not the best time or place to panic. The guy certainly exuded the energy and vibe of royalty. He was self assured and measured and well mannered.
 
“Uhm uhm...” I looked down a fidgeted and then I looked back at them, I forced a small smile and said “uhm... I’m Chris, nice to meet you both” Not entirely sure why those were the words I said but I couldn’t think of anything else.
 
King ZoHal smiled approached me and gave me a hug. That certainly surprised me. He smelled of lavender and roses.
 
“Uhm... what was that for? Hehe” I asked, taken aback by the hug.
 
“We’ve been waiting for you, we’ve been looking for you” The King explained. His warm smile telling me that I have nothing to be afraid of or worry about.
 
“What? What for?” I asked trying to return his smile.
 
“Why am I here? It’s the first time I’ve met someone while being here, after all the times I’ve been here” I shrugged.
 
“All the times?, so this isn’t your first time here then?” ZoHal asked as Yalekin looked on from
behind him.
 
“Yeah, I’ve been dreaming about this place for several months now” I said, fidgeting a bit as I wasn’t really making sense of what was happening, this dream felt so real. “Is this real?”
 
“Dreaming? Huh, a dream traveler then huh?” ZoHal looked on at Yalekin.
 
“It seems like he is indeed a dream traveler, it seems like he’s crossed the veil multiple times in his dream King ZoHal” Yalekin explained to the King.
 
“Impressive! What power must he hold” ZoHal proudly stated.
 
“Huh, what are you talking about? Isn’t this a dream?” I asked.
 
“It certainly isn’t” King ZoHal explained.
“You’ve crossed into our world in your sleep as you’ve found yourself in the Tower of Knowledge, but I assure you, all of this, and the both of us are as real as you”
 
“What? How... how is this possible”
 
“It’s a long story young one, and I have a feeling we’ll be seeing each other again soon, it’s something that we would like to explain to you but it seems it’s better to be discussed at another time” ZoHal said.
 
“What?... what do you mean?”
 
“It seems that your time here is almost up, you’re fading away... but I assume your power to call upon us has already awakened, as you’ve brought us in this tower in the first place” he said as he pointed at the painting on the table.
 
“Called... upon?” I asked.
 
I then looked at my hands and feet and I was indeed fading out.
 
“You’ve called into your presence, with your magic and with the use of this painting, I was at the palace minutes ago while Yal here was in his station, then we found ourselves in here, that’s all your doing” King ZoHal explained, pointing at the painting.
 
“Huh?”
 
I could see myself blue and fade, I was desperate to get more answers and ask more questions, what if this is the only time I’ll see them.
 
“Wait... wait... I have so much more to as...” I wasn’t able to finish my sentence and I ended up finding myself waking up. The last thing I remember from my dream was ZoHal’s smile and Yalekin’s excited expression.
 
I woke up in a state of confusion. Asking myself whether the dream was indeed real in a sense of it being actually not a dream but me being somewhere else. I tried to wrap my head around it but failed to fully grasp it.
 
I got of the bed and stretched, trying to wiggle away the drowsiness in my body. I felt a little bit different, I felt warm, tingly, and somehow very much assured of myself. I hope somehow my dreams would make more sense soon, these dreams couldn’t be normal. I sighed and resigned myself to letting the dreams pan out on its own.
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 20
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

raven1

Posted (edited)

This seems to confirm that Chris is a supernatural with powers.  He probably is an elf and, since he is a prince, is the son of King ZoHal.  After all Chris and the King both smell of lavender and roses.  Chris is not dreaming or having visions of the Tower of Knowledge.  He has traveled thru the veil to the place elves came to after they left our reality.  Great chapter!

Edited by raven1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..