Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 2,241 Words
  • 3,522 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 53. Gaining Strength 2

We were now all back in the room from the training floor. I was seated on a couch with Henry to my left and Victor who had his left arm around me sat on my right.
Leo and August were on the couch across us and August had his arms draped around my best friend as well.
 
“So ... care to explain now how you managed to do all that shit?” August said with a smirk. I had a feeling he was more curious than surprised.
 
Then for the next 20 minutes or so I explained everything to August and of course swore him to secrecy as well. Victor and Leo also helped out in explaining.
 
“So... wait... you’re half elf?” August said as we talked about my heritage.
 
“Apparently I am” I replied with a shy smile. Victor just squeezed me tighter and gave me a light peck on my head.
 
“Hmm... this doesn’t change anything though, he’s still my little prince, aren’t you?” He said as he gave me another peck.
 
“That’s because he’s a real prince Victor” Leo muttered as his head was now leaning against August’s chest.
 
“Uhm wait... what did you just say?” August said to Leo.
 
“He’s a prince! Like a mother fucking Elven prince!” Leo states with glee and amazement, seems like the idea of me being a prince hasn’t sunk in with my best friend fully just yet.
 
“Uhm sorry, I don’t understand”
 
I then took over from Leo and replied “Elven royalty... my grandfather is the king” I smiled.
 
“Excuse me what?!, you gotta be kidding me” August said as he tried to look at all of us for any sign of deception. This bit of information was clearly not what he expected from the beginning of our conversation. When he found no sign of deception he just said “well... I’ll be damned”
 
“Remember, this is all a secret for now though” Victor remarked.
 
“Of course, of course, this is big news though” August said as he rubbed his forehead. “Like... this is groundbreaking...”
 
“Yes it is, but the Elven royalty is very adamant about keeping it all a secret for now, this is something they feel strongly about, if it weren’t for Chris over here, we would have never known they aren’t extinct”
 
“No shit...” was the only thing August could muster.
 
The dinner that was prepared by Troy and Mark was sumptuous as usual. Both guys joined us for dinner as well.
 
While eating, August said “why don’t you guys come over to my place outside Baltimore this weekend?, it’s always been me who has been visiting recently” August looked at all of us expecting a yes, more so when he looked at his boyfriend.
 
“Well... of course, why not?” Victor replied.
 
“I’d have to clear it with dad but most likely it’s a yes for me as well” I replied.
 
Then Leo spoke and said “well... I’m in the same boat as Chris, but if he’s there most likely my parents will say yes as well”
 
“Sounds great!, you guys can stay the night as well, I think it’s time for me to introduce you to my pack”
 
“Well... I’ve met some of them” Victor replied.
 
“I know I know, but these young ones haven’t, and all are very much interested in meeting this one over here” August said as he looked at Leo.
 
“What? What did I do?” Leo rather cluelessly said.
 
“You stole their alpha’s heart, you idiot” I rather bluntly said. How can my best friend be so clueless at times?
 
“Now now Chris, be nice” Victor said to me.
 
“Just telling the truth” I said teasing back.
 
“Ohh...” Leo muttered. Clearly my best friend wasn’t understanding why August’s pack members are rather curious about him.
 
“Don’t worry about it, they’re just rather excited and curious about you” August proudly remarked, he clearly wanted to show off his boyfriend to his pack.
 
“Well... here’s to meeting the pack” Leo said as he raised his glass to which we all raised ours as well.
 
Victor and August drove us back to the neighborhood, August will be staying the night at Victor’s place as they had some vampire-werewolf business to discuss. How both those guys get to do so much completely befuddles me.
 
—- 
That night, I dreamed of the tower again, this time however, I decided to not call for Patri. I thought
I should read some books again.
I found my way back to the 17th floor, god this place needs an elevator!
 
I then found myself in another part of the level which I haven’t explored last time, this time the shelves were filled with various scrolls with ribbons of different colors.
I decided to grab some scrolls in random and took them to a table.
 
When I opened the first scroll, I was then again surprised to find that I could understand whatever was written. This particular scroll however had writings and a diagram about Elemental Magic, this one specifically for water.
 
The next scroll that I opened discussed elemental magic as well, however this one discussed fire. Then the next scroll discussed magical barriers and shields, Hmm, how timely I thought.
 
I then spent the next few hours reading scrolls, goodness what a revelation I thought, so much knowledge, so much more to learn, and all just in this tower.

By the end of my reading, I surprised myself by being able to teach my self very basic fire manipulation, I’ve actually learned how to create small flicks of fire from my fingers, the flames on my fingers were barely the size of candle light, but you have to start from somewhere anyway, maybe I’ll try working out Fire balls next time.
—-
 
Over breakfast the next day,
I broached the topic of visiting August with dad. “Dad, August dropped by yesterday at Victor’s place and he’s invited us to visit him this weekend, can I go?”
 
Dad paused for a bit and then gave me a smile “sure thing kiddo, I don’t see anything wrong with it, Hmm, is Leo coming with you?”
 
“Yes! Thanks dad, and duh... of course Leo is going, I think that’s mainly the point of August’s invite, hehe”
 
“I’m glad to hear those two are going strong” dad commented.
 
“Yeah... seems like it, Leo’s pretty new to this, but he’s learning fast, hehe”
 
“Oh... I bet he is” dad replied with a sly grin.
 
“Oh... haha dad, let’s not go there”
 
“What... I didn’t say anything”
 
“Yeah right...” I replied.
 
After breakfast I then texted Leo that dad is okay with me going to Baltimore.
 
“Okay, now my turn to run it with my parents” Leo replied.
 
After a few minutes, Leo replied “well... they were curious as to who this August is but I just said he’s a friend of Victor and since you’re coming, my parents obviously said it’s okay as well”
 
“That’s awesome!, Baltimore here we come!” I replied.

That night, I found myself in tower again, this time I called for both Patri and Yal.
 
“Yal! It’s so good to see you again!” I said as I hugged the elf.
 
“Hmm... glad you missed me” he said.
 
“Sure did!”
 
“So what’s this the King has told me about you now knowing how to read Elvish, and you actually bringing a book back to your world”
 
“Yeah... it just sorta happened” I replied, then said “hey... look at this too” I said as I showed them my magic shield.
 
“Wow! That’s amazing!” Yal said in surprise, his eyes examining every wisp of the magical barrier that was now like a circular shield made of nearly transparent golden and silver wisps of energized air or something like that.
 
“Chris... how’d you learn how to do this?” Patri asked in curiosity and surprise as well.
 
“It just happened, well... I think I’ve learned a thing or two from the books and scrolls I’ve read, I think being able to read them has helped me”
 
“Fascinating, isn’t it?” Patri saying to Yal.
 
“Most fascinating indeed, this is at least Silver level magic” Yal said.
 
“Huh? What are you talking about?”
 
“Your shield, it’s thick and has magical density, an ordinary sword or an arrow won’t stand a chance against this. It would take substantial power to break this” Patri explained.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yes... and to think you’ve conjured this so early into your training is extremely amazing, I’ll have to bring this up with the High Mage as well, this is unheard of, it took me at least several years to reach this level” Patri said.
 
“I can only agree Chris, this is serious, fascinating but highly out of the ordinary, you have no idea how much work and training it actually takes to conjure a shield of such quality, this must mean you have a lot of magical energy potential” Yal said then after pausing for a bit he added “You’re developing so much faster than what we could have hoped for”
 
“Oh... Ugh... I don’t know what to say” I muttered as I made the shield disappear.
 
“Don’t worry Chris, this isn’t a bad thing, it’s just ... well... uncommon” Patri said trying to comfort me.
 
“Should I stop reading the books and scrolls?” I asked. I wouldn’t have wanted to stop but if they thought otherwise I would have followed Patri and Yal.
 
“No... no... keep on reading as much as you like, you’re just developing rather fast, but if you’re not feeling drained or tired, you may continue, just don’t over exert yourself, too much use of magic, either in magical energy form or in elemental magic can be draining” Patri said.
 
“Okay... I’ll be careful”
 
“Yes... be careful, and if anything else comes up, let us know, don’t worry though, everything’s alright...
I think” Patri said.
 
“I hope so Patri” then after thinking about it for a moment I then said, “well... there’s one other thing though...”
 
”what is it?” Patri replied while Yal from a few feet behind him just raised an eyebrow as if to say ‘what is it this time?’
 
”Uhm... look at this...” I said as stretched out my right index finger in the air and within half a second, I’ve conjured a small flick of fire.
 
”Whoa... are you kidding me?!” Yal remarked.
 
”Chris... how’d you learn this? We haven’t taught you any fire magic yet...” Patri said.
 
”well... I just read some scrolls about it and tried it out”
 
”We knew that you’d be able to use more than one element but seeing it first hand is just... well... amazing” Patri said as he rubbed his forehead.
 
”what do I do about this Patri?” I asked.
 
”I think we should start your fire training soon, however let’s keep it to lower tier fire magic for now... we don’t want to burn this tower now would we?” Patri replied to me.
 
”oh yeah... we wouldn’t want that... but who’d be my instructor for fire magic?”
 
”I will be...” Patri said with a grin.
 
”what? The king is gonna be my fire instructor? Isn’t that a bit much?”
I asked. I really didn’t want to ask for more of Patri’s time.
 
”none sense... I’m your grandfather first before your king... I’s be happy to teach you the ways of fire” Patri seemed rather excited to teach me fire magic.
 
”okay... if you insist”
 
“Oh... I absolutely insist!
Come now... let’s talk about your ascension first, let’s deal with the magic talk later, we’ve got some planning to do!”
 
“Sigh... do we really have to?”
I asked, I think discussing magic rather than my royal ascension would have been more welcome, Ugh I hate social events.
 
Apparently my intimate Royal Ascension wouldn’t be so intimate at all, there will be more than 300 guests to witness my ascension at the royal hall at the palace.
Since I didn’t want anymore attention, Patri agreed to not have the elven media camera crews into the hall but there will be reporters amongst the guests so they could at least write an article about it, that was the compromise Patri and I reached, no cameras just old school writing should be enough. Patri was rather slightly upset with that but he gave in anyway, he really wanted to show me off with the rest of the realm though.
 
I really just didn’t want all of the attention, I didn’t want to be recognized by the people in the realm just yet, I wanted to know and see how the ordinary folk live without the special treatment a prince would get. Surely they’ll filter their actions should they know I’m a prince, I wanted the real thing! And also... I’m very camera shy! Imagine being seen by what...? Millions?
I don’t know how many elves there are even.
—-
 
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 25
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..