Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 4,125 Words
  • 2,969 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 40. Signs of Trouble 2

Victor’s POV

 
After my call with Dianne,
I immediately explained to Henry the entire conversation. He was understandably more struck than I was, this was the first time that the Blood Army has been so brazen, aside from the small level attacks on several outposts or establishments every now and then, they’ve never attacked infrastructure so vital to the Vampire community.
Something big is up, they knew of the repercussions if Vampires go hungry, they’d be murders in the streets, total bloodshed and chaos, and if the situation further deteriorates, the entire supernatural world might be outed before humanity is even ready, it will be all out chaos if not conflict between the humans and other beings if that occurs.
 
“Prepare the conference room, arrange a conference call with Patrick, Lucy, Raymond, and Erica in 10 minutes”
 
Henry went of to our conference room where a video call between me and my subordinates will be done.
 
Before the video call, I called up Chris’ father “William, good morning, yes... I am fine, however, we have a problem, please inform the State Governor that the Blood Army is on the move... I’ll explain more later, just have all your agents at the ready and double if not triple security in all vital areas.”
 
William was surprised and was borderline frantic, he’s heard of the Blood Army, but this is the first time he’s encountered such a threat first hand, I can only hope that we’re all prepared for what the Blood Army has planned.
 
My call with William was quick and I immediately went to the conference room for the video call.
 
When I entered the modern room with various flatscreens side by side on a wall, I took my seat beside Henry and I can see that several were already tapped into the conference call.
 
Patrick was already online together with Raymond.
 
“We’re still waiting for Lucy and Erica, they should be on in 2 minutes” Henry remarked.
 
“Okay...” I replied.
 
“What’s this about?, you all look worried, Henry here barely explained a thing to us, he just told us it was urgent” said my eldest progeny, Patrick.
 
“Patience... Patrick, we need to be complete for this, but I assure you, this is very urgent” I seriously remarked, the tone in my voice taking command of the entire exchange.
 
“Good morning sire” Lucy greeted me as both her and Erica who was seated beside her came online on the screen.
 
“Good morning everyone” I replied.
Then continued “This is a matter of utmost importance... I received a call from Gov. Walker of District 6 earlier, it seems like the Blood Army has attacked 3 out of the 5 NuBlood warehouses in her District, several feeding centers were also severely damaged in the middle of the night”
 
Erica audibly gasped while Raymond gulped.
 
“This is serious, how sure are we about this?, they’ve never been so brazen” Patrick replied, his eyes showing worry while Lucy was visibly anxious as well, this threat could substantially be greater than anything we’ve faced in the past few years.
 
“Several symbols and marks referring to the Blood Army have been noted at the attack sites, we cannot solely assume its them but who else would do this anyway? Syndicates avoid us, not attack us, if you look at it, if these incidents worsen, only the Blood Army would have something to gain, this would put the Accords in jeopardy.”
 
“Sire is right, the Blood Army has finally made a bold move after years in hiding, Erica replied her voice still on edge. “This is so unexpected of them though” she added.
 
“What do we do now then?” Lucy asked, worry filling her voice, she might be the third oldest behind me and Patrick in this room but she clearly was having a hard time digesting the prospect of a full blown attack from the Blood Army. But to be honest, I think none of us in the room was ready and expected such a move from the Blood Army, they’ve been established by the three dissenting members of the High Council when the Accords were signed, they’ve mainly fled the population centers and went into hiding and have mainly only been carrying out small scale attacks or disruptions, none as disruptive as what they’ve done in District 6.
 
The Blood Army and The High Council may have had not had any major clashes since the expulsion of the three former High Council Members, but having former High Council members as their leaders is a major concern for us, those people are very powerful and smart vampires, everything is a calculated move on their part.
 
“We don’t know what they’re capable of, the information about them is hazy at best” Patrick added. “We’ll have to heighten our monitoring of any suspicious vampire activities, and work together with our agents and human law enforcement for greater monitoring of district borders”
 
“I guess it’s only best if we assume the worst” Henry replied.
 
“Yes, let’s assume that they’re stronger than what we’ve heard of, and that they’re better equipped as well, we can’t afford to underestimate this group, let’s remember three former members on the Vampire High Council are the leaders of this group” I agreed with Henry.
 
“If the news of them being behind several kidnapping across the country is correct, they could have indeed amassed a new generation of young vampires as their foot soldiers” Erica said.
 
“Yes, but how foolish of them, newborns are hard to control, trying to make an army out of several dozen if not hundreds is simply stupid” Patrick added.
 
“True, but maybe they don’t plan total control, they want chaos” I said then I added. “My investigation with the five vampires that attacked us in the park already confirms this, we’ve matched their identities to people reported missing in the Midwest a year ago, when I extracted their memories, I saw that they were turned into vampires by individuals that seemed to be directly or indirectly linked to the Blood Army, a compulsion and memory barrier were also put on them by a very skilled vampire, I believe they were sent here to Virgina to attack us and test us, while I have my suspicion that the second attack on Chris was also designed as an emotional distraction for me, a distraught Governor will certainly weaken any District, we haven’t confirmed that the Blood Army is linked with the second attack but at this point it’s highly likely”
 
“So... what now sire?” Henry asked.
 
“Patrick... Lucy, double security in all NuBlood and Feeding centers within your territories. Alert the State Governors and your respective Liason officers as well let’s not assume that only vampire facilities will be attacked” I said as I almost gritted my teeth in frustration and maybe anxiety that the Blood Army could really be possibly on the move, then I added, “Raymond ... Erica, deploy more security agents from our reserves and have your best intelligence officers gather more information about the Blood Army, any movements or points of concern you alert everyone that’s in this conversation okay?”
 
“Yes sire!” Raymond and Erica replied in unison.
 
“Okay, let’s work on this, and let’s prepare for the worst and hope for the best” I said as I ended the video call.
 
I stood and told Henry “Make the necessary preparations, essential vampire locations are top priority, alert all our contacts in the vampire business and security community, you already know what to do”
 
“Yes, sire”
 
I then excused myself to my study, I called the Virginia State Governor and updated Mr. Powers of what our plan of action was, he’s told me that they’ve made preparations as well and that William has given him a heads up of the situation.
 
I had a quick lunch and then called Dianne again for any updates from her end, so far nothing more substantial, however I did update her that now with the roads being clear of snow, 5 trucks of NuBlood with their own security detail are on their way to District 6. She sighed in relief with the news of NuBlood delivery being on its way.
 
“Has the High Council said anything about this?” I asked her.
 
“They’ve already scheduled an emergency meeting of all council members within the day, they certainly will put a closer look into the events here” she replied the added “they did tell me they’ll send 60 more agents from Europe within the next two days”
 
“Hopefully they can send us some more resources, I wouldn’t even mind if they mobilize the Stratos on this” I absentmindedly said.
 
“Yeah, one or two members of the Stratos will indeed make the Blood Army think twice about doing this again” she said, fully knowing that dispatching the Stratos at this point is highly unlikely as the High Council has always used the Stratos as a last resort, in the last 50 years I can only remember three times where the High Council has authorized the action of more than two members of the Stratos for a certain mission.
 
I’ve never fought with anyone from the Stratos but from what I know, it’s members rival the strength of members of the High Council, I’d certainly think twice about going against that.
 
The Stratos were an elite group of Vampire security officers, last time I heard,it only had 23 members, it’s a highly secretive branch of the Vampire Government under the direct control of the High Council, very few vampires have seen a member of the Stratos, even my sire, who is a member of the High Council, avoids talking about the Stratos.
 
Chris’ POV
 
Early morning just after breakfast, dad received a call from Victor and he had this worried look on his face, something was clearly up.
 
“What’s the matter dad?” I asked.
 
“Trouble... seems like a big one, we don’t know the exact details yet but your boyfriend and I will be busy in the coming days” dad replied as he hurriedly finished his food and went to his office to do some work and make some calls and send out emails. Dad only checked on me twice while I did my worksheets, not that it really mattered though, I was breezing through my lessons anyway.
 
“Geez... what was the all about?” Leo asked as we were left to finish our food.
 
“I don’t know... but it doesn’t sound good, maybe we can talk to Victor later.” I replied.
 
I only received a text or two from Victor that day, he explained that something serious was happening and that he’ll explain everything maybe by tomorrow. I could only wish him well. I knew he was a busy guy but this seemed more serious than usual.
 
Dad ate his dinner in his office while Leo and I ate by ourselves.
 
“Geez dude... what could possibly be wrong? Your dad has basically locked himself inside his office and your boyfriend is nearly unreachable“ Leo remarked as we ate some pork chops.
 
“I know... but we have to understand... we’ll know soon enough, it must be too important if they’re all like this” I replied. “This is indeed quite odd, let’s just hope all will be well soon, I hate it when they’re so stressed”
 
Leo went home that evening as the snow storm already stopped, he had to check his house for any damage and give his parents an update if any repairs were needed.
 
No dream for me that evening.
I wasn’t able to rest well as the thought of what possibly could keep dad and Victor so busy kept creeping into my thoughts.
 
In the morning, Victor joined us for breakfast. I was cooking some bacon when he entered the kitchen area.
 
“Good morning love” he said.
 
“Good morning, everything okay?” I asked as Victor hugged me from behind.
 
“Soon... just some trouble, something we hope isn’t as bad as we think it is.”
 
“Sounds serious”
 
“It is”
 
Over breakfast with me and dad, Victor explained the attacks made by the Blood Army in District 6.
 
“Shit... why would they do that?” I asked.
 
“They want to starve us out, hungry vampires aren’t good vampires” Victor seriously replied then added “If too many vampires go hungry, the hunger will eventually get to them, humans will be at risk”
 
“Shit...”
 
“Yes... then the Accord will be in danger”
 
“Oh my god Victor, that can’t happen, that’s gonna lead to a lot of deaths!”
 
“That’s why we’re doing our best to get ahead of this, maybe if we show enough force, the Blood Army will back down for now, it’ll buy us time to find where their leaders are”
 
“So any more attacks aside from the ones in District 6?” I asked.
 
“Yes, different district this time,
2 NuBlood Warehouses were attacked last night in Ohio, several truck shipments of NuBlood from Detroit to Northern Indiana were attacked as well. Three more feeding centers, 1 in Michigan, 2 in Ohio were attacked, several vampire security officers and human security were injured, good thing no one was killed but we do expect the human officers to be in the hospital for more than a week, while the vampires will recover in 2-3 days”
 
“Damn...” was all dad could say.
 
“They’ll think twice about attacking the Coastal Districts since we’re better organized, better resourced and staffed here, but we can never be too sure” Victor said.
 
“You guys be careful” that was the only thing I could add at that point, this thing was serious and it was escalating quickly.
 
“All of us will be careful, we have to add additional precautions for not only my team but to you and your dad as well” Victor said.
 
“Huh?” I asked.
 
“Chris, the attack on the park against us was not a coincidence and I have a feeling that the abduction wasn’t either” Victor said, almost with regret and sadness in his voice. Then he continued, I know how much you and your dad value your privacy, but we’ll have to take additional precautions, and it has to be done now, we’ve prolonged this long enough”
 
“Okay... I get it” I may not like the direction of this conversation but I do understand the necessity of being more careful. “What are you suggesting?” I asked.
 
Victor then looked at dad then back at me and said “well... I’d like to station 2 vampire officers to watch over you, you won’t even know they’re in the area, they’ll never intrude with whatever you’re doing unless either of you is in danger”
 
Dad then just looked at me and then at Victor “I guess we don’t have a choice” Dad then gripped my hand and continued “Chris, this is for the best, we must assume that the Blood Army is more than willing to attack not only the vampires but the people around them as well”
 
“I’m so sorry for pulling you into this Chris” Victor said.
 
I smiled back at Victor “Don’t worry about it, you know how much I love you, and two stalker ... body guards won’t stop me from loving you”
 
“I love you” my boyfriend said.
—-
The weekend came and gone, Dad and Victor were busy, very busy actually, it was either they were on their phone or laptops or actually out and about visiting various vampire facilities to double check security and ensure preparedness amongst the agents for a possible attack.
 
At some point I told Victor that I felt like I was being constantly watched. My boyfriend was clearly surprised at that comment of mine but he then pointed out a car in the distance from our window, and just said “I can’t believe you can sense your bodyguards from this far”
 
I was still able to have my training with Henry and Leo though. More than half the time now, I’m already able to best Henry, always to his surprise if not frustration. Though I honestly believe he’s very proud of all the progress I’ve done.
 
“Damn, kid, how you ever do this is beyond my understanding? Are you sure you’re human?!” Henry asked in jest, to which I was only give him a nervous laugh.
 
After we toweled off, I asked Henry “So what’s happening now? Is the Blood Army still on the move?”
 
“It’s been quiet since Saturday, it seems they were just testing the response of each District they’ve attacked, however we’re not leaving anything up to chance. District 4 is home to one of the few NuBlood production sites in North America, that area is of utmost importance in terms of protection” Henry replied.
 
Leo then asked “How bout the werewolves? Are they involved?”
 
“Well... they’re keeping themselves out of the picture for the most part, but August has already beefed up security in his areas and put all his pack leaders on alert, the deterioration of the Human-Vampire Accord will also put the Human-Werewolf Treaty at risk, they can’t afford that.” Henry said.
 
“Well... I hope this issue is resolved soon.” I added.
 
“We can only hope” Henry replied, his voice not showing much confidence. “Anyway, tomorrow, Raymond will be here to do an inspection of several sites, we might be able to schedule you both with a training session with him” Henry said now slightly grinning.
 
“That’s Patrick’s vampire child right?” I said. “Why do I have a feeling that you’re setting me up for failure?”
 
“Progeny... the term is progeny” Henry reiterated.
 
“I know I know... the word just doesn’t roll off the tongue easily though, hehe”
 
“Hmph, I hope Raymond beats your sorry ass”
 
“I hope not, hehe” I replied. Though, with Henry’s smile I obviously thought that there’s more to Raymond than meets the eye. I was also excited about this too, it’s the first time I get to meet one of Victor’s descendants aside from Henry. Do they all look the same I thought, ahah that would be so creepy yet cool at the same time.
 
During that night, finally, I was back in the tower again. I immediately called upon Patri and Yal.
 
“Hi, Patri” I said as I hugged the older man. “Hi, Yal, it’s been long” I said as I nodded towards him.
 
“Oh come on, it was just a few days, hehe” Yal replied.
 
“I hope I did not catch you both in a bad time” I added.
 
“Don’t worry, we’ve basically lightened out our schedule during this time of the day for you anyway” Patri replied with a smile.
 
“Still... I’ve really gotten used to seeing you guys every now and then”
 
“Good to hear you’ve grown accustomed to us grandson” Patri replied.
 
“So... uhm we might have a problem back home” I said, I really wasn’t expecting much input from them, however I felt like I needed to let them know somehow. If anything it’s additional information for their intelligence gathering right?
 
“What is it?” My grandfather asked with a hint of worry in his face, “is it about us?”
 
“Well... it’s not related to Elves, but, there’s sort of trouble” I said. Then I explained to both men the movements of the Blood Army.
 
“Ahh.. I see, that’s indeed a cause for concern, your boyfriend is the Governor right?” Patri asked.
 
“Yes... District 4 to be exact, that’s Georgia, Virginia and both Carolinas”
 
Yal whistled at that. “Someone’s rather found himself in very powerful circles eh?” He added.
 
“Well... and to add on that, I think my best friend is on the verge of dating a member of the Werewolf Crescent Council”
 
“Hahaha!” Patri bellowed in laughter. “Indeed quite the circumstance you’ve found yourself in, but no worries, I hope you already understand being surrounded by such influential individuals that you’re always in some sort of danger no matter how small the threat could be? Am I right?”
 
“Yes... I do”
 
“Well... then... we have training to do, your training with us is only fairly rudimentary at best as you’re not fully physically here, but you’re already learning fast, we can make do with that, after your meditation, have some lessons with Yal for Water manipulation”
 
The lessons with water manipulation both combined water magic theory and actual water manipulation, with the latter being more difficult, who knew trying to balance a blob of water floating just an inch above the palm of your hand could be so mentally and physically draining?! I can’t imagine how it would feel like to do the more complicated water manipulation tricks. However Yal just reassured me that I was rather learning quite fast actually, he said whatever I learned in a single session with him took him a few days if not a week to learn.
 
After my lessons, Patri and Yal accompanied me in going around the tower, we even reached the 12th floor, both men were amazed by the spectacular view. The sweeping views of the town where the tower was located clearly taking the breath away.
 
“I knew Verhesa was a beautiful town but this is just amazing, this view, it just indeed breathtaking” Yal said.
 
“Indeed, it is truly a magnificent sight, I’ve never seen the town from this angle” Patri added.
 
“Verhesa?” I asked.
 
“Yes, Verhesa, this town, is named Verhesa, it’s on the Northeast of the Capital, we’re more than 100 kilometers or uhm... 62 miles from the royal city, this is the town of knowledge, it is dotted by various schools and academies and small libraries, and of course it is where the Tower of Knowledge located” Patri said.
 
“And it’s a surprise, it really is, that you can call upon us from such a distance, I can’t wait to see your abilities fully awakened” Yal added with excitement.
 
“Ahhh... I see, the Capital is still quite far eh?”
 
“Yeah, still quite the distance, but you’ll be starting from farther out when you physically arrive here, there are only four entry points to the realm, all of which are at least 200 kilometers from the Royal City.” Patri explained.
 
“Ahhh... okay... well as long as I wouldn’t be walking all the way”
 
“A prince, walking that much?!, not under my watch” Yal mockingly said with his chest slightly puffed up in mock pride.
 
“Haha, whatever”
 
As we further explored the tower, Patri talked to me about my mom’s childhood in the kingdom, how she’s always been the rowdy one and the very independent thinking one, she actually insisted on visiting the human world years ahead of schedule, to which I can only be grateful for as that was when she met my dad.
 
Patri also told me I have 2 uncles, both older brothers of my mom. Both were unmarried and had no children and therefore I was apparently third in line for the throne! I nearly fainted at that.
 
“Are you serious!?” I said rather almost loudly to my grandfather. I’m in line for the motherfucking throne?!
 
“Yes, and we’re proud and excited to have you in line, of course we wouldn’t want anything to happen now don’t we?, but being part of the Royal line of succession only recognizes your lineage and of our trust in you, your growth in the past few days has shown us you’re more than capable of being a royal, and as far as we know, your’e quick witted and more than above average in intelligence for kids your age, your uncles and grandmother are very excited to meet you” Patri smiled.
 
“I don’t know about this”
 
“It’s already done, it’s been announced that a new prince will be ascending into the Royal household and be appointed as third in line to the throne, the public already knows of the return of the lost prince and that’s it” he grinned.
 
I put my palms on my face and could only groan “oh... dear god”
 
 
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 20
  • Haha 8
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Chris has just heard his Patri about how his mom was a wild child and asked to go to earth early and that’s when she met and fell in love with his dad. He also learned that he is third in line for the throne. I hope that the blood army stops their attacks so that his dad and Victor can start to relax again.

  • Like 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Chris is getting more training and his powers are growing rapidly.  His grandfather is preparing to enter elven lands soon.  I have an idea that will be very difficult if something isn't done to stop the Blood Army.  I wonder if Chris will be able to learn enough to help Victor fight the Blood Army and stop their disruptive actions.  I was happy that August is doing his best to help.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..