Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,248 Words
  • 3,236 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 20. Winds of Change 5

Victor’s POV
The drive home from the encounter was a somber one, Chris was now asleep beside me, I can only hope he’s having a good one. William and I didn’t know how to process the encounter. We were both faced with the near loss of the one we loved the most.
 
William broke the ice and said “I’m thankful you were there tonight Victor, I couldn’t imagine if it were just the both of us”
 
“Don’t mention it, We should keep a closer eye next time, we can’t afford to lose him, I love him so much, it’ll break me” I said.
 
“It’ll break me too, I’ve already lost his mother years ago, I won’t lose him, not ever” William remarked with determination and strength.
 
“I’ll make sure those rogues will pay” I said with clear hate as I clenched my fists.
 
“We’ll make sure they’ll pay”
 
Chris was still asleep when we arrived at his home. I carried him to his bed. I changed his bloodied shirt and took some wet cloth to wipe him a bit. His beauty never ceases to amaze me. And I’ll move heaven and earth to keep him by my side. Almost losing him tonight gave me a harsh reality check, that I have fallen so deeply in love with a Chris that the thought of losing him gives my life no further meaning, we’ve certainly grown quick to love each other, but it’s not the length of time that matters, it’s how deep you’ve grown your love for each other that does, and as of now, my love for Chris has never been deeper, he’s the one for me, I feel it, and I can only hope he feels the same for me.
 
As I stepped into Rogers’ living room, Chris’ dad was blankly staring at the wall, tears flowing from his eyes.
I went over to him and gave him a hug. “We won’t lose him, we won’t” I hugged him tighter and and he hugged me back.
 
I looked at him straight on the eyes and held a firm grip on his shoulder, we’ll get stronger for him, we’ll protect him.
 
William just nodded.
 
“I’ll be back in the morning. I have to drink some more blood” I said.
 
As I arrived him, Troy welcomed me, he immediately saw the concern and exhaustion on my face. “What happened sir?” He asked.
 
“There was an incident” I said.
 
“What incident sir...”
 
“Can you find me Henry?”
 
“I’ll call him down here sir.”
 
In less than 2 minutes Henry was already in the living room with, Troy by his side and him with concern in his eyes as well.
 
“What happened?, I know it couldn’t have been good” Henry said as he sat across me as he rubbed his knuckles.
 
“5 vampires attacked Chris, his dad, and I” anger nearly boiling over in my voice as I remembered the pain Chris went through.
 
“Shit... are they okay?” Troy said with clear surprise and worry.
 
“Chris got bitten” I muttered.
 
“Fuck. How’s he doing?” Henry asked with concern. Troy wasn’t far behind him as his face showed near panic as well.
 
“He’ll be fine, His dad and I were able to fight the others in time and I gave him some of my blood to recover” I said. “He’s in pain though, I’ll be spending the day with him tomorrow, I have to be with him”
 
“Yeah... that should be the best” Henry replied. “How bout you? You look like you need some help too” Henry observed. I clearly was showing signs of exhaustion, fighting a vampire one on one that’s younger than me is easy... but 4, that’s more than a challenge for someone even as old as I am. When I fought them. I read their thoughts as they fought me, it gave me enough leverage to respond to most of their attacks on time, but monitoring 4 thought streams at the same time complicates it for me.
 
Troy then stood and went over to me. “Sir... drink my blood please” he said.
 
“What?”
 
“I know you need it, and I know you’ll only take what’s enough, please sir, let me do this for you” he insisted.
 
“You know it’s what’s best for you Victor” Henry supporting Troy’s offer.
 
“No... I can’t let you do that. I’ll just have some NuBlood.” I replied. I really didn’t want to impose on Troy, aside from being the household butler, he’s a friend and I don’t want him to feel indebted to me that he feels that he has to offer me his blood.
 
“Nonsense... sir... you know with your level of exhaustion NuBlood will be barely enough and the nearest feeding center is in Richmond, you need to start recovering now” Troy was very insistent. And I truly appreciated his over.
 
“I can’t ...”
 
“I insist sir! You’ve done so much for me, for this household, we all need you to be strong.” Troy looked at me, he smiled at me, reassuring me that he wanted this and he knew I won’t take advantage of him.
 
Troy reached out for me with his right arm. I then took hold of his arm ... my fangs descended and I slowly sank into his warm flesh. His blood was sweet and warm, as I sucked him I slowly felt my body recover from the exhaustion. I paced my drinking to make sure not give Troy any pain, I release muscle relaxants and pain killers from my saliva to ensure he felt nothing but a slight tingle. I only drank what I needed, more or less 150mL. I then resealed the bite with my saliva to stop the blood flow.
 
I thanked Troy for giving me his blood. I told him him to take more vitamins and take a day off tomorrow. I didn’t take that much blood as even the average blood donor gives 300 - 500mL, but he’ll still feel a little bit light headed for a few hours. Troy then excused himself and I was left in the room with Henry.
 
I comfortably sat back on the couch as I felt myself recover bit by bit. I then looked at Henry and said “An attack by 5 young vampires is highly uncommon, can you look into this Henry?, I have the contacts of the state agents that took them, figure out if there’s anything else more about this”
 
“Sure sir, I find it highly disconcerting that 5 newborns could be so brazen to attack civilians”
 
“Also, Henry, after you’ve gathered enough information, I demand true death from the perpetrators, no one that hurts Chris, will ever escape with their life.” I said.
 
“Of course sir, I’ll have it taken care of. Chris is important to you and that makes him important to everyone else in this household, we will do our best to bring justice to this.” Henry replied. I didn’t need to read his mind to know or feel that he felt nothing but loyalty and determination at that point. I was certainly proud of him.
 
“Okay Henry, it’s been a long night, I’ll be off to rest now, I have to be at Chris’ home before he wakes up”
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 21
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I love this story and felt the love and loyalty of Victor's staff said much about what a great person Victor is.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..