Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 6,283 Words
  • 3,899 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 109. The Young Politician 2

Chapter 108 – The Young Politician 2

Etalos and Kalron were already in the kitchen when I walked in to grab some breakfast. They were laughing and didn’t notice me walk in. Looking at them, I remembered Victor telling me Kalron was into Etalos. Seeing them share this moment made me realize, they actually look good together, they’d make such a lovely couple!

I cleared my throat, then said, “good morning.”

Kalron and Etalos looked at me, my assistance looked away for a second and seemed to be blushing.

“Good morning,” Kalron replied, smiling at me.

“Good morning,” Etalos followed suit.

“So, what’s for breakfast?” I asked.

“We have some toasts, eggs, and sausages,” Etalos replied.

Kalron then chimed in, “we were about to start making some Athan sandwiches too. It won’t take that long.”

“Athan sandwiches?” I asked.

“Sweet and savory sandwich from the realm,” Kalron replied.

“Ohh… I see, fine, I’ll wait.”

While Etalos and Kalron started making the sandwiches, I grabbed some orange juice for myself then asked, “So what do I have on my schedule today?”

“Well, I’ve prepared some notes about the investors that you’re meeting, with Minister Neyana,” Etalos replied.

I furrowed my forehead, then realized what Etalos was talking about. “Oh, the investors that want to expand into Earth right?”

“Yes,” Etalos nodded. “You said to not set your schedule with them on the weekend, so, I moved them to tonight. I hope that’s okay with you.”

“Sure, I don’t see a problem with that. Uhm, can you tell the Minister to arrive maybe 30-45 minutes earlier than the investors? I’d like to talk to her, before meeting the rest.”

“Of course, that won’t be a problem.”

After breakfast, I spent an hour reading through the files prepared by Etalos. It seems that I am meeting with very wealthy elves. The people I’m meeting are the heads of several large corporations in the realm. All have investments and operations that span various industries, from the realm’s signature gem and jewelry design, to transport, energy, and the media. How on earth can Patri possibly think that I am prepared to deal with these types of people.

“You look like, you’re in deep thought,” my father said, as he walked in on me reading.

“You can say that again,” I replied in a huff.

“What’s the matter?”

“Well, I have this major meeting with several wealthy elves tonight, and I don’t know why Patri would trust me with such a thing!”

“I see where you’re coming from,” dad replied, with a comforting tone. He then smiled at me and said, “It seems that you’re underestimating yourself again.”

“What do you mean?”

“Chris, you’re the realm’s third in line to the throne. You can’t expect, not to have a larger role in its affairs.”

“But dad, I’m too young for this!”

Dad laughed at me, then his face turned serious, “if you’re old enough to date a 260 year old vampire, then I guess you’re old enough for anything.” He grinned as he finished his sentence.

Well, my dad did have a point at that. I thought of arguing that I’m old enough for sex but not for politics but I’m not sure that line of thought would fly.

“You’re not going to be alone in this meeting, right?”

“Yeah, I will be joined by the Finance Minister.”

“So, what are you so worried about?”

“Well, maybe I’m overreacting a bit.” I sighed as I shrugged my shoulders.

“Yes, you are.”

Victor and Henry joined us for lunch. I invited them to come eat at the house before our meeting with August, Luigi, Reza, and Konrad.

“I can really get used to elvish food.” Henry noted as he munched on Etalos’ cooking.

“You can say that again,” dad laughed in amusement.

Etalos, Nomir, and Kalron haven’t been in Greensburg long, but it already seems they’ve been a part of this household for the longest time. Now, I can’t even imagine the kitchen not smelling of elvish spices and food.

“Chris, tomorrow, you’ll be having another meeting with your PR team again.” Etalos said.

“Again?”

“Yes. With that stunt you pulled at the café, they’ve decided to move the timeline forward.”

“Café? What café?” Victor curiously asked.

“Well, Victor, your boyfriend here decided to visit a café in the realm, wearing his royal robe without his detractor ring,” Etalos said in an amused tone.

“He what?” Victor nearly choked on his drink.

“Relax Victor, it was nothing,” I replied.

“Say that to the pictures and videos of you spreading like wildfire in the realm. Here look at this,” Etalos said, as he handed his phone to Victor.

“Holy shit! This picture has been shared more than 20 million times!”

“What?! Let me look at that!” I said, grabbing Etalos’ phone from Victor. Looking at the screen, I see a picture of myself carrying Nalron. I clicked on the comments section and the people were raving about various stuff, but the key themes were how handsome and sexy I was, and how nice and approachable I seemed to be.

“If you like, there’s more where that came from,” Etalos chimed in amused with my shocked expression.

“No thanks,” I tersely replied as I handed back his phone. I was lost in disbelief with the amount of attention a single picture of me has received.

Victor noticed my discomfort and trying to soothe my concerns, he said, “Chris, don’t think too much about it. If I remember correctly, you yourself have a crush on Prince Harry, so just think of yourself as, I dunno, the elvish version of Harry? Though you’re blonde, and way hotter!” he laughed. It was not lost on me that everyone else joined in Victor’s laugh, even dad! I am so going to get them for sniggering at me like this.

We were in my study for the conference call with the representatives of VHC and WCC. The main reason for this meeting, is to discuss the VHC’s plan to take on the vampire syndicates. On screen were Reza, Konrad, August, and Luigi.

“Good afternoon,” Reza said as the meeting began.

“It’s good to see everyone.” Luigi tersely replied.

“I hear that we’re to discuss vampire syndicates?” August asked.

“Yes, we are,” Konrad said.

“So, what’s this all about?” Luigi asked.

“I think it’s best if we let Kalron explain the situation,” Reza replied. It was obvious in August and Luigi’s expressions that they were confused why an elf was going to explain matters regarding vampire syndicates, both kept silent nonetheless. Then for the next 15 minutes, Kalron explained how our agents tracked the operations and demon abduction of the three concerned syndicates.

“Goodness, so we have to deal with them as well?” August sighed after Kalron’s explanation of the situation.

“Actually, err...” Konrad started then paused, then continued, “We were thinking to take the lead in responding to this matter, since it’s mainly a vampire issue, but since demon’s are involved, we wanted to know what you thought of it.”

“If you’re asking for our help, then of course we’re ready to help.” Luigi confidently replied. He then took a few seconds to himself, then spoke further, “We don’t mind having the vampires taking the lead on this one, the alliance between our races was designed for this, we don’t mind assisting you in whatever capacity.”

Reza and Konrad exchanged guilty looks, as they thought back to how I told them the werewolves shouldn’t be excluded from this matter.

“I agree with Luigi. So, what’s the plan?” August said.

“Well, we were thinking of taking the syndicates one at a time. Based on the information we have, it appears that they’re not coordinating with each other. Something that works in our favor,” Konrad replied.

“We have located their bases of operation, the Red Pyramid is hiding the demons in a warehouse, on the outskirts of Phoenix. The Orion Group is operating out of Fort Worth, while the Alcatraz Syndicate is storing their demons in Tallahassee. Given how things are, we are inclined to deal with the Red Pyramid first since they are the weakest of the three,” Reza added.

“Hmm, that seems rational,” Luigi noted.

“That matter with Citadel Corp makes things a bit more complicated when it comes to dealing with Orion Group later on,” August said.

“You’re right, we’re not exactly sure to what extent they are supporting each other,” Victor noted.

“What’s the latest development?” August asked.

“There haven’t been any indications that the syndicates are aware that we are monitoring them. They also appear to be taking their time, no large movements have been observed from their end,” Kalron replied.

“Most likely they don’t know what to do with the demons they’ve captured,” I thought out loud.

“Have the humans taken notice?” Luigi inquired.

“FRUSI is still rebuilding, they haven’t noticed a thing. It should take weeks if not months for them to recover from the attacks of Yonthar’s troops,” Kalron replied.

“I see, then we should organize a mission as soon as possible,” Luigi said.

After almost an hour of discussion, it was decided that Konrad will lead the mission against Red Pyramid on Wednesday evening. He will be joined by 14 vampires, 4 elves, and 4 werewolves. An emergency response team of 5 vampires, 2 elves, and 2 were werewolves will be on standby as well. After which, we will reconvene to discuss which syndicate to attack next.

“That went better than expected,” Victor mused as we cuddled in my bed.

“Let’s just hope that all will be well. I can’t help but be nervous.”

“Chris, we’re talking about Konrad, he is the head of Stratos for a reason.”

“Well, can’t help it that I’m a worrier.”

“They did just fine in the previous operation, his team wiped out Yonthar’s group in Indianapolis if you recall.”

“Chris, Konrad is very strong, and smart, he has been doing this for a long time so just trust him on this. You may be several times stronger than him but if we take you out of the picture, Konrad is one of the strongest out there.”

“Fine,” I sighed.

After dinner, Etalos and I went to the realm for my meeting with the elvish investors.

“So where are we headed?” I asked Etalos, as we walked the corridors of the administrative section of the palace.

“I set the meeting in one of the better conference rooms.”

“Why couldn’t we do it in my office?”

“Just thought we could intimidate them more if we used the fancier offices here.”

“What’s wrong with my office?” I asked.

Etalos paused, then smirked at me, looked at me from head to toe then said, “Your tastes are a little bit too down to earth, especially for an elf, let alone a royal. What better way to show them that you’re in control, than showing them that you are way wealthier than they are.”

“I am not.”

“Chris, you’re a Haldruin remember?”

“Yeah…” I replied softly.

“Who do you think is the richest family in the realm?”

I stopped walking then paused to take a good look at Etalos.

My cute assistant giggled, then said, “You don’t even know do you?”

“What?”

“The royal family is the wealthiest here.”

“Huh?”

“Chris, did you read that memo I sent you on your family’s business holdings?”

“Yeah I did…” I muttered.

“Then that’s your answer. Anyway, let’s go, let’s not make the minister wait for us.”

Opening the large double doors of the conference room, we were greeted by an exquisitely decorated interior. High ceilings, large windows that provided a view of the palace’s garden, furnished with the best wood furniture.

“Your highness,” Minister Neyana greeted me. She was wearing a blue and white robe which stood in contrast to my red and gold.

“Minister, a pleasure to see you again,” I smiled at her as I shook her hand.

“The pleasure is mine. I am happy that you were able to accommodate this request in your busy schedule,” she smiled at me. I tried my best not to laugh, what busy schedule is she talking about?

“Please have a seat,” I said.

The three of us were seated at a large rectangular table in the middle of the room. We occupied the same side, we left the other for the investors.

“So, any ideas what these investors want?” I asked Neyana.

“Most likely they want to expand their businesses into earth. I have talked to some of them, and they are eager to invest outside the realm.”

“Why though? Isn’t the realm enough?”

“It is more than enough,” she chuckled. “However, with you being appointed as ambassador to earth, the king has implied that the earth is open for business.” I stifled an internal groan at that, gosh, what has Patri gotten me into?

“Are you sure I am the right person to talk to about this?” I warily asked.

“Yes, I have brought the matter up with his majesty and he said to talk to you. That’s why I reached out to your chief of staff.”

“I guess, we should hear them out. I expect you to help me navigate the discussions, I am unfamiliar with matters like this, and I know you are more familiar with the people we are meeting.”

“It would be my pleasure to serve.”

The investors arrive several minutes later. They all walked in at the same time, 2 men and 2 women, all appeared to be in their late thirties to mid-forties. All dressed in expensive looking tight robes of various pastel hues. Thanks to the briefing notes prepared by Etalos, looking at their faces I immediately knew which one was whom.

“Your highness,” they lightly bowed at the sight of me.

The three of us stood to greet them. I gave them my best smile and said, “Welcome, please have a seat.” The two male elves sat on the left side in front of me, the women took the right. They sat in the following order, Holrad, Sefard, Lishara, and Tesana. The four of them are the most well-known corporate figures in the realm.

“Thank you, your highness for meeting with us,” Lishara said.

“To what do I owe this pleasure?” I asked with a smile.

“I gather the minister has informed you of our intention?” Holrad asked.

“Yes, she has, but I am not sure what the specifics are.”

“We want to venture into earth. The four of us have decided to form an investment consortium, specifically for the purpose of investing on earth.” Sefard said as he looked straight into my eyes. For a moment I was captivated by how ruggedly handsome the Italian looking hunk was in front of me. Etalos discreetly nudged me under the table when he noticed how distracted I was.

“A consortium huh?” I mused.

“Please tell us more about this,” Neyana asked

“We plan to invest 200 billion crowns. That’s 50 for each of us.” Lishara replied.

“We intend to acquire and invest in startup companies and existing businesses in various sectors, though I am mainly keen in renewable and sustainable technologies.” Tesana added, she smiled at me then continued, “My company is in a good position to compete in such a landscape, with the information we have on earth, there is definitely a dearth in investments in the renewable sector, and the technology we have here is at least a decade more advanced than the human’s.”

“Same goes for me and my company when it comes to the transportation industry, we make the best cars, trucks, and trains.” Sefard offered.

Lishara then added, “My company on the other hand is well positioned to compete in the healthcare industry.”

“My company is several years ahead in AI and robotics,” Holrad contributed.

“I know the background of your companies, and I am very much impressed with what you have to offer, but I can’t help but ask, why earth?” I asked.

Holrad grinned at me, “Why not? It’s a market of 7 billion people.”

“So, 200 billion crowns huh?” mused.

“Yes,” Lishara nodded.

“And you four have thought this through?” I asked.

“Yes. Actually, our companies started talking about this consortium as soon as the announcement of your ambassadorship was made.” Tesana replied, “We already have several business plans on hand, and a list of the companies we want to acquire as well.”

“Do you have the list of these companies now?” Etalos asked.

“Of course, yes,” Sefard eagerly replied. “Here,” he said as he handed the three of us a copy of the list. I read their list and they had at least two dozen companies across the world that they had their eyes on.

“This is quite the list,” I remarked as I glanced at several familiar names.

“Yes, it is. Rest assured, we have conducted the studies to show how profitable those companies can be under our watch.” Lishara added.

“I don’t doubt your business acumen. However…” my voice trailed off.

“However, what your highness?” Lishara asked with a slight hint of concern in her voice.

“With this list covering companies across several industries and spanning multiple countries, I believe this will put the secrecy of the realm at risk. You can’t possibly expect the government to assume the cost and responsibility of hiding your tracks.” I noted.

“Of course not, we are prepared to pay taxes.” Sefard replied.

“As does every other business in the realm. That’s not enough,” I seriously replied. I took a deep breath, then continued, “I assume that you are also aware of the situation back on earth? It’s not exactly the safest place to be for an elf.”

“Yes, we are aware of the demon threat.” Holrad replied.

“And despite that, you want to venture there?”

“We are prepared to take on the risk.” Holrad replied.

I chuckled a bit, “I believe what you mean is that you are willing to risk the lives of the employees you’ll be sending there. I will not allow this if they are not given the sufficient level of protection, and I am sure you are aware, there is a shortage of protective pendants as of now.”

The four of them paused, obviously taken aback with how forceful my response has been. It is clear they assumed, I would give them a free pass on this one.

“What do you have in mind sir?” Tesana asked.

“I will allow this with several conditions in mind.”

“And what conditions will those be?” Tesana asked.

“First, this consortium will not invest 200 billion crowns, this consortium will invest 400 billion crowns.” They gasped and sat in awe at that remark, “I am not yet done, your four companies will remain to provide 50 billion each, but the realm will match your investments, the realm will take a 50% stake in this venture, the government will invest another 200 billion into this.”

Nelyana looked at me, equally surprised with my actions.

“Does the realm have the funds for this?” I asked. Though weird of me to ask after the fact, but with the notes Etalos gave me and previous meetings I have had, I am already aware that the realm is in a good financial position.

“Yes, your highness, we can tap the realm’s cash reserves for this.”

“Okay, second, you may proceed with your studies but, and this is a big but, we will not move forward with the venture until the situation with the demons has been resolved. I will not stand having our people put at such a large amount of risk.”

“But that could take months, years even…” Tesana complained.

“Take it or leave it.” I warned.

The four of them exchanged glances and then nodded in agreement.

“Third, with the realm taking a major role in this venture, we want a veto power in whatever venture this consortium is going into. I mean, especially with us footing 50% of the bill, I guess that’s only fair. Also, I expect to have a copy of all the studies and proposals you have on hand. We have to thoroughly vet your ideas. As it stands, I am only giving this a provisional approval.”

“Uhm, uhm, of course, your highness.” Holrad stammered.

“Good,” I smiled at the four elves in front of me, “Please, coordinate this with the minister and my chief of staff.”

“Yes,” Tesana replied for the four of them.

After discussing the details for another 15 minutes, the four elf tycoons left the conference room slightly confused, yet happy that at least I didn’t say no to them.

“Phew” I said, as I rubbed my head taking my seat again after the four elves left.

“Your highness, that was superb. Not only will the realm take in taxes from their profits but investing 200 billion crowns on our own will provide a boon to the state coffers as well,” Nelyana remarked, amused and proud of how things turned out.

I smiled at her, “Sorry if I put your ministry on the spot but I already knew we had the money for it anyway.”

“No problem at all, actually this is good since the ministry has been looking for more areas to park the government’s spare cash. The realm has been running a budget surplus for more than half a century now.”

“I know,” I grinned back at her. I paused then said, “One thing though, with now there being a 400 billion crown pot, that’s 40 billion dollars we need to source, and I can only assume that the realm’s source of dollars is our cash reserves.”

“Yes, you are right. The realm holds 100 billion dollars in cash reserves from the trade surplus we’ve been running with the humans.”

“I see. No matter the amount of crowns we want to invest, it is pointless if we don’t have the equivalent amount of human currency on hand. I hope I have not put our reserves at risk.”

“40 billion dollars is indeed a significant chunk of our reserves but we don’t expect to run a trade deficit any time soon. We can also start trading with the werewolves and vampires as a possible source of additional hard currency,” Neyana replied.

“You’re right. I am sure we can create demand for crowns in exchange for dollars once we open up our economy to outsiders.”

“Another thing I wanted to talk to you about your highness,” Neyana said.

“What is it?”

“I know you are already fully aware of how we trade using shell companies back on earth right?”

“Yes.”

“Well, the ministry has been thinking of something to smoothen the process of how we transfer money across the globe.”

“What is it?”

“My team is proposing that we acquire small or mid-sized banks that we can use to transfer money across the world. Having our own banks, we can have an easier time wiring funds, but we would still need the shell companies we already have for other purposes.”

“I assume your team already has a list of banks?” I shot her an amused and expectant smile.

“Actually we do,” she smiled at me.

“Give me the list and Etalos and I together with my own team will look into it,” I smiled at her.

“Wow, Chris, that was masterful.” Etalos noted as we both plopped onto the couch in my room back in the residential palace.

“You think so?” I asked.

“I know so! If you saw the looks on their faces, I am sure they did not see that coming.”

I giggled, “I can’t let them have all the fun, now can I?”

Etalos smirked at me, then said, “speaking of fun, you’re meeting your PR team in two hours.”

“What? I don’t want to!” I groaned.

“You’re whining again. Rest or do whatever you want for the next two hours but don’t you dare be late,” Etalos smiled at me. Looking at my cute elf, I can’t help but be proud of how good of a friend and a chief of staff he has become.

“What are you looking at?”

“Nothing…” I snickered.

“Oh, I know you’re thinking of something.”

I thought of the perfect response to distract my cute friend, “So what’s this I hear about you and Kalron?”

“What? What did you hear?” Etalos blushed and started to stammer. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Anyway, I need to go to your office, I have to deal with some stuff…”

“Uh huh,” I raised an eyebrow at Etalos, clearly showing that I was not buying his excuse.

Kalsina, Sendor, and Rovith had large smiles when they entered my office.

“That was truly amazing your highness. You have certainly made our job easier,” Kalsina said to me.

“What are you talking about?” I asked my PR Consultant.

“The café, and the toddler! It couldn’t have been any better,” she retorted.

“Honestly, it was unscripted,” I defended myself.

“That’s what makes it even better,” Rovith chimed in.

“So, what next?” I asked.

“A TV interview,” Kalsina grinned.

“A what?”

“You know, sit down one on one interview, I am thinking something intimate and cozy, that would definitely make you seem approachable.”

“I am approachable.”

Sendor cackled while Rovith snickered. “Not yet, you are not yet approachable. At least that is how it is with the people,” Rovith clarified.

“Fine… who do you have in mind? Retasa?”

“Oh, God no, not Retasa, she’s too, uhm feisty for our liking,” Kalsina replied.

“We were thinking, Nithor of Channel 8. He’s more, amiable and is very much a royalist,” Sendor added.

“Nithor?” I asked.

“An equally well respected journalist to that of Retasa but someone who is open to have the interview be navigated and framed to the best possible light in favor of you,” Kalsina proudly retorted.

“Ah, I see.”

“Don’t worry Chris, Nithor is very popular and has a huge following,” Etalos said.

“If you say so, then okay,” I shrugged in resignation. “So, when is this interview?”

“How about tomorrow?” Kalsina asked.

“So soon?” I asked in surprise.

“We have to milk the news cycle as much as we can and with the café incident, we can’t waste any time. Don’t worry about the scheduling. Nithor and his team will drop everything for an interview with the Platinum prince,” Kalsina said.

“How about my schedule?” I incredulously asked.

“I am your chief of staff remember? You are free tomorrow,” Etalos smiled at me.

*groan*

After a busy day in the realm, Etalos and I were able to return home at around 5am. Just enough time for a few hours of sleep. Good thing elves don’t need much sleep.

“Tired?” Dad asked me as I walked into the living room just before noon.

“Yeah, a bit.”

“How were your meetings yesterday?”

“Where do I even begin? Let’s just say things were rather eventful,” I sighed as I took a seat beside my father on the couch.

“You’ll get the hang of it son, I know you will.”

“I hope so dad.”

Dad looked at me straight and seriously, “Chris, it was only a few months ago that you were just a homeschooled soccer playing teenager. Now you’re a prince and a very powerful one at that. Let’s not forget being in a relationship with a very influential vampire. I can only imagine what a whirlwind it has been for you. However, one thing that I am sure of, this is something you can handle. Of course, it won’t be a smooth path, your battles have proven that, but seeing you grow up, I know you have the grit and all it takes to face any challenge you will encounter.”

“Uhm…”

“I am not yet done son.” dad said with a mixture of a fatherly tone and warm expression.

“Okay.”

“Remember, you are not alone. You have me, you have Victor, and you have your family and friends to share the burden with you. Don’t ever forget that. You are not alone Chris, you have us.”

I smiled at my father, “thanks dad, I needed that.”

“I thought so. Come give your father a hug.”

Early afternoon, Kalron dropped by my study to give me an update.

“Any developments?”

“If things remain the same, my team is fairly confident that Konrad’s mission will succeed.”

“That’s good to hear. Have they said what they plan to do if the captured demons are still alive?”

“Aside from having our agents contain them, they’ve said nothing. However I am assuming handling the captured demons will be mainly an elvish matter. Especially since we outdo the others when it comes to magic.”

“Do we have any facility to handle or contain demons?”

“With their assumed weakness due to Yonthar’s absence, the retrofits we’ve made in our New York facility should suffice.”

“I see.”

“Any new information about Citadel Corp? To be honest, them venturing into demon experimentation is disturbing.”

“I agree with you Chris, there’s so much we don’t know about demons yet this company just went for it. I am concerned that this will not only backfire on them, but whatever repercussions their experimentation leads to, might have larger and long lasting effects to the rest of the world.”

“Do you think Konrad’s contingent can handle Orion and Citadel together?”

“Not at its current state. I think they already know it, most likely they’ll ask for more reinforcements when it comes to that.”

“Why couldn’t we just do a three pronged attack similar to what we did with Yonthar?” I asked.

“The vampires are very stubborn with taking the matters concerning the syndicates mostly under their terms.”

“Any updates with the other demons that have escaped Yonthar’s compounds?”

“None.”

“I am worried that they have regrouped, or worse, joined the other generals. Speaking of the other generals, any idea or clue as to where they could be? Their silence is deafening and it’s getting me worried. If they are so quiet and have not tripped any wires, they must be taking their time, planning something big and I don’t want it to be too late when we find out.”

“I am already coordinating with my counterparts from the VHC and WCC, our teams are working non-stop trying to find out where they are hiding.”

“They’re lurking in shadows, I’m sure,” I said, gritting my teeth in frustration.

“We’ll get them Chris, we will.”

“I hope so. Could they possibly be outside the United States?” I asked, realizing that the entire world is a possible battlefield, I am very sure demons don’t care about borders.

“We have taken the necessary measures to monitor developments abroad. However, I will have to admit our capacity is limited especially in countries where security is tenuous and governments are weak.”

“I understand Kalron.” I sighed in resignation to the large task at hand.

I then went to the Tower to read. I brought with me the large book that I have continued to fail to decipher, I wasn’t expecting any revelation from it anytime soon, but I couldn’t leave the small chance of it suddenly revealing something. I left the large book on top of a desk and went around the basement level and looked for scrolls and books for me to read. I ended with 5 scrolls and 2 books after letting my senses guide me.

I yawned after reading the books, and then thought out loud, as I caressed the large unreadable book in front of me, “When will you reveal yourself? What do I have to do?”

I felt a tingle on my skin and heard the distant rustling of chains. I looked around and saw nothing.

“Evalta par Shazag” I mumbled as I played with the white leather cover of the book.

“Soon,” I heard a distant whisper.

“What? Anyone out there?”

“Patience, your time will come,” the voice cooed.

“What do you mean?”

“Time to sleep young prince,” I heard as my vision blurred.

I was woken up by a knock on my door, “come in” I groaned.

“Chris, time for dinner, don’t forget we have to go to the realm soon.” Etalos said.

“Yes, give me 5 minutes.”

“Okay.”

Dinner was delicious as usual, after which, Etalos and I went to the realm to talk to Patri.

“How are you Chris?” Patri asked as I entered his office.

“I am well.”

“I have been told of your plans with the investors. I am impressed.” He beamed.

“I hope I did okay.” I shyly replied.

“You did more than okay Chris! You did marvelous.”

“Thanks.” I shrugged.

“Now, sit, we have to talk about your first public appearance in the realm.”

“Oh, didn’t the café count?” I asked.

“We need something bigger. You need to choose one of the four provinces as your first stop.”

“What?”

“Any appearance here in the capital, though greatly appreciated will not provide as big of an impact compared to visiting the provinces.”

“Wouldn’t it show favoritism to a certain tribe if I visited a specific province first?” I asked.

“You’re right and that’s a message we don’t want to send. It’s a dilemma indeed. However, at one point or another you’ll have to visit a province, it’s bound to happen.”

I took a deep breath and collected my thoughts, “How about the City of Katar? It’s of equal status to a province, right?”

Patri was wide-eyed at my suggestion, “Chris, but that city is Havar’s.”

“I know, and your relationship with him is not the best, if I show up on his turf, it might send a message of some sort of reconciliation or it might at least dampen the rumors about the tension between the two of you.”

“Or… they could spin it as you choosing him over me.”

“Patri, you know I’d never do that!” I gasped.

“I know, just telling you of how the media could frame it.”

“Havar has been asking for me to meet him again, I am sure he’d be more than happy to host my first public appearance.”

“Of course he is, you are his only key to the Astra Spell.” Patri said with a worried tone.

“Patri, I assure you, Prince Havar will never be able to convince me to cast that spell. I barely know anything about it.”

“Just be careful around him. His willingness to protect our kind has brought him to the extreme.”

“I know…” I paused, “Patri, think about it, if I visit Katar first, then I won’t be showing any favoritism to a certain tribe. Yes, I know Katar is still Elurdeya dominated but it wasn’t designed to be a tribal bastion like the other provinces, at least we can avoid any controversies from the tribes.” I said.

“I see your point Chris.”

“So? Is that a yes Patri?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Okay, just let me know what your decision is.”

It didn’t take long for me to fall asleep that night. I opened my eyes finding myself in a grassy field. Looking around I marveled at the eerie beauty of the landscape around me. Colorful trees in the distance with snowcapped mountains even farther on the horizon.

“Where am I?” I asked myself.

As I lost myself at the beauty of my surroundings, I was taken out of my reverie when I noticed, I am not alone. I jerked backwards seeing four versions of myself in front of me.

“Who are you?” I carefully asked.

No response.

“Hello?” I asked as I warily eyed my clones.

No response.

“Yonthar?” I asked.

“Do not compare us to that filth,” they simultaneously replied. Their voices echoed in the air, it was that of multiple people, and I couldn’t decipher which voice came from whom. I felt a powerful presence surround me as I eyed the four in front of me. My chains tingled, and started to loosen as their flat expressions turned to a small grin.

“What are you doing to me?” I asked in near panic as I felt the chains continue to loosen, the power within starting to surface. I started to shake and pant as waves of energy pulsed from my skin. My body was vibrating as it released brilliant silver and gold light. Streaks of gold and silver spread across my frame as the four reflections watched in silence as I lost control of my power.

“What are you doing to me?” I gasped as I fell to my knees.

“The moment of the anointed is at hand, soon you will know,” they replied.

“What moment?” I asked in confusion as my body continued to tremble. It was like another Kumhakta but much more powerful though less painful.

“Worry not, child. This is all a taste of what you truly are.” And with that I felt the chains snap back into place, containing my energy. I allowed myself to fall on the ground, moments later, looking up, I find myself alone again.

“What the hell?” I thought.

I took several deep breathes to calm myself, minutes later I regain the strength to stand. Looking around, I confirm that the presence has left. I am left alarmed and confused to what just occurred.

“Hey wake up, you have your big tv appearance today.” I hear Etalos say as he nudges me awake.

I yawned as I sat on my bed and rubbed my eyes.

“Had a good night’s sleep?” Etalos asked.

“Hmm… I had a dream,” I retorted.

“What dream?”

“I was in a field…”

“A field, what kind of field?”

“A beautiful field.”

“What else happened?” Etalos asked smiling at me.

“I don’t remember.”

 

Thanks to @tigg615 for helping with the edits. Thanks a lot bud!

109 and 110 are both in the works. I hope you’re all as excited as I am!

Comments are very much appreciated and hopefully we get more action soon 😉😘
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 25
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 hours ago, Buz said:

Well. So Chris's visit with the entrepreneurs was very politique. Well done for thinking about the safety of the employees and for ensuring other citizens of the realm would benefit.

I think they could have thought of a better scenario in regards to the location of the first interview.

Anything to do with Havar is fraught with danger as far as I'm converned. Individually, Chris could handle him without even really thinking about it. But Havar does not come across as the 'playing by the rules', or 'playing nice' kind of individual. He is driven, has had years to plot and seems way too confidant. No, Havar makes me nervous.

They could have chosen the tribe/province of the baby at the cafe. That would have been a nice spin/story for them. They could have had a 24hr competition where kids sent in a poem or short story about why it would have been good for the Platinum Prince to visit their Tribe/Province. Then the winning child could have been Chris' escort/guide, etc.

Havar, bad. Anywhere else, good.

@Buz I wish I could have thought of the short story competition. You totally need to be part of Chris’ PR team! 
 

And you’re right along with the others that have voiced their concerns. Havar is sneaky but how sneaky? 🙄🧐

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I just love how Chris is not complacent with the setup and prejudice with Havar and Co. He does what it is best. And will makes him a great royal.

I am so intrigued about this anointing thing and hope is not some sacrificial situation. 

PS: I do belive that Chris will cast the Astra Spell, much to everyone's astonishment, including Patri's and even Havar's, but it will be nothing like they would expect. 

 

  • Wow 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..