Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 5,199 Words
  • 5,090 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 98. The First General 1

In the early evening, Victor and I went out to dinner with Reza, Konrad, Luca, August, Stefano, and Hashim. We found ourselves in an upscale Italian restaurant.
I wasn’t surprised to learn the restaurant is vampire-owned.

“Did you see the look an Olaf’s face, when King Ethnar and Chris released their auras?” Konrad chuckled.

“His mistake, for doubting my boyfriend’s power,” Victor proudly retorted from my side.

“Olaf, will not make that mistake again,” August added with a small laugh of his own.

“It’s really good to see you guys again. I know it’s just been a few days but, I really miss having you around,” I said.

“Don’t worry about it Chris, I’m sure we’ll see more of each other,” Reza replied.

“Reza is right Chris. With this crisis we’re facing, I’m sure we’ll be having more meetings,” Konrad piped in just as he finished taking a bite on his pasta.

“I hope we’re able to resolve this issue soon,” I replied.

“Stratos and Akros will commence their joint training tomorrow,” Konrad said.

“Several WCC councilors, clan, and pack alphas will join by Monday” August added.

“We have to be on the lookout for more attacks similar to the one in Detroit,” Luca said with a worried tone.

“The American and Canadian Governors are already on high-alert,” Victor added.

He took a deep breath and continued, “What about FRUSI? They’ve been seriously compromised.”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if the Federal Government establishes a new agency in lieu of FRUSI, or maybe have the military directly handle this instead,” Reza bluntly said. “I would prefer it not to come to that. I think the military will be more of a nuisance, than be of aid,” Reza sighed.

“I’ll have to agree with you on that but I think the military will be involved in one way or another. Remember, the demons did shoot down 3 choppers,” I replied.

“We’ll have to check with our contacts in the federal government,” Victor remarked.

“I think that would be wise,” Reza agreed.

After a few more minutes of the work-related discussion, we decided to liven things up by discussing other matters, like August and Leo’s love life. We spent almost 10 minutes teasing August, which left us with a wildly blushing alpha.

I thought Victor and I had escaped from the spotlight. After August gave us the evil eye, he masterfully shifted everyone’s attention from him to us. *groan.

—- 

When we got back to the hotel, I checked with Kalron for any developments.

“Any suspicious activities?” I asked.

“None for today sir”

“How about Detroit?”

“We’ve stationed more agents there. They haven’t reported any rise in magical activity,” Kalron replied.

“And what of today’s summit? Did you spot any suspicious behavior from the other races?”

“Aside from an elevated level of anxiety from the werewolf and vampire contingent. None sir”

“Higher level of anxiety?” I curiously asked, as I raised an eyebrow at Kalron.

“They did just learn of the return of the elves, I would be just as anxious or nervous if I were in their position sir,” Kalron softly replied.

“Ohhh...”

“Do you need more resources for the increased activity, for your operations here on earth?” I asked.

“Master Yalekin and Prince Rehanmir have already made the necessary changes sir”

“Any further leads or updates we’re working on?”

“We’re sifting through various satellite images and surveillance recordings, they’re all still a work in progress sir, no definite leads”.

“If you need anything else, let me know Kalron.”

“I will your highness,” Kalron replied.

After talking to Kalron, I decided to visit my dad in his room.

“How was your day dad?”

“Etalos is quite the skillful teacher,” dad replied with a smile.

“So, what can you do now pops?” I replied with a smile of my own.

“Nothing fancy, I can now create small air balls and conjure air shields.”

“Neat! Would you mind showing me?”

“Are you sure? It’s not that good.”

“Come on dad,” I said with an encouraging tone.

With a small groan, he stood up anyway, to show me his air ball casting skills. Dad was able to successfully conjure golf ball sized, air balls on each hand.

“Wow. That’s awesome dad!”

“You think so?”

“Yeah, try throwing them”

“Huh?”

“Come on, try throwing them at me”

“I don’t think I can do that Chris.”

“Yes, you can. Come on try it”

“Fine.”

Dad threw the air balls at me, one after another and they slowly fizzled out into thin air. They barely made it a foot away from dad’s hands.

“See...” dad said with a disappointed look.

“You’ll get better with it soon. Try again.”

Dad tried again, and they fizzled out again.

“You just need more energy dad. They’ve taught you basic magic theory, right?”

“Yes...”

“Hmm... Since you’re able to conjure the balls, it’s not a matter of you lacking in concentration, you’re not putting enough energy into the spell,” I remarked.

“What do you suggest?”

“Here...” I said as I put my right palm on dad’s chest. I then channeled some of my energy into dad I was careful to not give him too much that would surely not end in a good way.

“What are you doing? My body’s tingling,” dad curiously asked.

“There, try again,” as I cocked my head with a smile.

“If you say so.”

Dad surprised himself; the air balls he conjured were not only slightly bigger, when he threw them at me, both balls covered 3 feet in distance before fizzling out.

Dad looked at his hands in disbelief, like a child, who just discovered a new favorite food or something.

“Wow...” dad muttered to himself.

“See, it’s just a matter of energy. I suggest you train on building up your energy pools, together, with your spell casting lessons”

“How do I do that?”

I touched dad’s head with my right hand, and shared some of my knowledge on meditation, and magic theory.

Dad gave me a puzzled look, as the knowledge flowed into his mind.

I gave him a sly grin before saying. “Good night dad”

My father wasn’t able to reply, as I left him contemplating what just happened.

—- 

When I returned to our room, I found my boyfriend typing on his laptop.

“Work?” I asked.

“Yeah, just dealing with some last minute things, before I go to sleep. Also, I’d like to introduce you to the Governor of District 2.”

“That’s for both New York, and New Jersey, right? I’m curious, how he handles the vampires from two states, that don’t seem to get along so well,” I remarked.

“Yes, you’re right, hehe, vampires don’t have the same state rivalries as humans do”

“Oh, hehe, okay, sure I’d love to meet him. Actually, Patri told me, it would be wise if I knew the governors, for the areas where the portals are located.”

“Well, you’ve already met Robin,” Victor sourly replied.

“Yeah, I need to meet the ones for Rome and Guangzhou as well”

“I can have that arranged. With Luca being Italian and all, I’m sure he can introduce you to Roberto; he’s the governor for Central Italy. I’ll have to check with Councilor Liu Sen on who the current governor for Guangdong province is”

“I’d appreciate that,” I replied, although, I knew I could easily ask Kalron. I wouldn’t be surprised, if just like all the councilors, we have folders on each governor, and alpha as well.

“So, how do you feel, about what’s happening?” I asked Victor.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Victor asked, as he looked away from his laptop, and straight into my eyes.

“I mean, about this demon shit and all”

“I’d be lying, if I said I’m not worried, afraid even”

“Same, but we’ll get through this together, that I’m sure of,” I replied as I gave my boyfriend a gentle kiss.

“I look forward to that day,” Victor said with a smile.

“We’ll have to train harder.”

“I do have the world’s best fighter as a boyfriend, so I think I can have him be my sparring partner,” Victor said with a cheeky grin.

“Ohh, you say the sweetest things”

“I’d love for you to meet him,” Victor said with a straight face.

“Huh?”

“Come here...” Then as I scooted closer my boyfriend, he pulled out his phone and took a selfie of us. “There... this guy right beside me is the love of my life, he’s also the best fighter in the world”

I bumped shoulders with my boyfriend as I gave him my best touched boyfriend, face, “You’re such a sweet talker”

“Perks of being more than 260 years old, I guess”

“Hmm... my sweet old man,” I said as I wrapped my arms around Victor.

—- 

The following day was busy; I had breakfast with Victor, Yal, and District 2 Governor, Joseph Pitcher.

Joseph assured us of his cooperation, he even mentioned that he was already in touch with Reza and Konrad, regarding the bolstering of the district’s security infrastructure.

“New York City is a prime target, I’ll need your help,” Joseph said.

“You can surely count on us,” I assured him.

“There are other major cities in my district, I’m just worried about spreading my agents too thin,” Joseph replied.

“That’s a concern for most districts, we’ll have to accelerate our recruitment, and training process, for vampires that have an interest in joining our security forces,” Victor said.

“We’re already streamlining the intelligence sharing process, I’ll make sure you’re in the loop,” Yal added.

“I’d appreciate that,” Joseph replied.

Lunch, was spent meeting with August, Luigi, and 3 local pack alphas. Our conversation centered on security measures, to be undertaken by the werewolf community, and intelligence sharing as well.

Mid-afternoon, was spent with me observing, the first training session between Stratos and Akros. We went to a warehouse district on the outskirts of New York; the training was in a large VHC managed compound. Looks like the elves aren’t the only ones with a penchant for hiding their facilities in industrial areas.

I saw Pavlos and Kazu again. I remember not having a good start with them after the whole Gustav fiasco, both guys have become good friends since.

There were 9 Stratos and 7 Akros agents. Yal and Konrad jointly led the two hour long training session.

Not far from where the joint Stratos and Akros training was taking place, a joint training between security agents from the three races took place, organized by Luigi, Reza, and my uncle Rehanmir. There were at least 40 werewolves, 25 vampires, and 18 elves in attendance. My uncle told me that they were expecting the numbers to double or triple within a week. When my uncle returns to the realm, several of Jetan’s deputies will take over in representing the elves in training sessions.

I then had dinner with my uncle and Yal.

“So, what do you think of the training sessions so far?” I asked them both.

“Well, I think their all just starting to warm up with each other. It will take some time for them to work together as a cohesive force,” my uncle remarked.

“Yeah, and we’re expecting more to arrive in the coming days, so the first few days will be a period of adjustment for everyone,” Yal added.

“Any updates from Kalron?” I asked.

“Nothing suspicious,” Yal replied.

“I’m getting worried. Thousands disappeared, most likely they’re making more and more demons now,” I grimly remarked.

“So, no news from the vampire and werewolf intelligence networks?” Yal asked

“Same with Kalron, nothing out of the ordinary,” I replied

“Where could they hide that number of people?” My uncle loudly asked himself.

“Not unless they don’t need to keep the bodies for a long time,” I bitterly replied.

“What do you mean?”

“If they can harvest human souls rapidly, there’s no need for them to hide the bodies. I wouldn’t be surprised, if they have the magic to dispose of the bodies,” I replied.

“But isn’t it true only a general can harvest the souls?” Yal asked.

“Yeah, you’re right, so it seems we have a very efficient General in our midst if he’s working through thousands of humans in a flash,” I said.

“But there must be some sign, I mean, they just took away ten thousand people, they couldn’t just disappear,” my uncle said in a low tone. He furrowed his brows and then continued, “Has Kalron looked into infrared satellite images? The heat signature should give us a clue”

“He has, and there were initially 14 leads, 11 of which have already been investigated, and came up negative,” Yal replied.

“And, what of the other three?” I asked.

“Our agents are still working in it,” Yal replied.

“Any updates on the human response?” My uncle asked.

“Victor, told me that FRUSI has already reached out to them, early this afternoon. It seems like the government is giving them more resources and manpower, the military will be involved to an extent as well. I’ve already asked Kalron to have his agents look into the various plans of the military”

My uncle gave out a low whistle, “So, they plan to deploy troops on US soil?”

“Most likely, they’ll be disguised as local law enforcement, or the members of the National Guard,” Yal noted.

“Chris, did you find anything else about the demon creation process from the books?” My uncle asked.

“Nothing new,” I sadly replied.

—- 

Monday morning, we were back in Greensburg, with Kalron in tow. He was more than ecstatic to be part of my household. He tried his best to hide his feelings during the flight but every now and then he’d zone out, with a permanent smile on his face.

Etalos, helped Kalron settle his things and set up his office in one of our spare rooms, thanks a lot to Patri for renovating the house. Phew.

I spent the afternoon training, with Nomir and Victor. I noticed both of them were faster and stronger than before. Victor’s punches and kicks had more heft in them, while Nomir’s earth magic was incredible. He surprised me when he was able to almost instantly turn a large boulder into a pile of sand, and maneuvered it into a sand snake attack.

I asked Victor to practice his mental probing skills as well. He first tried breaking into Nomir’s shielding, and after a couple of tries, he was able to start reading Nomir’s thoughts. It got to a point where Victor’s mental probing became almost unnoticeable to Nomir, and that’s saying something; my bodyguard is a gold level earth elf.

We invited half a dozen of Victor’s agents to join the afternoon training session, as Victor, admitted to having difficulty keeping track of multiple thoughts at once. We decided to train his capacity to monitor and read multiple thought streams at once. By early evening, my drained boyfriend, was able to improve his skills, to reading more than 5 opponents at the same time.

—-

After dinner, Yal, Etalos, and I went to the realm. I dropped by Patri’s office to discuss updates on the other races, then I went to the training room, where I was met by 12 gold level royal guards. Zenfar, and Sarad, were both present to observe.

“Chris, I’d like you to try fighting 6 at once, then we’ll work our way up,” Zenfar suggested.

“You’re kidding me, right?” I replied.

“Chris, you defeated 4 platinums before, at the same time, what’s 6 gold level for you?” Sarad remarked.

“Actually, I’m more worried for them, than for you,” Zenfar chuckled.

Zenfar, and Sarad, were both right, 6 gold elves was an easy task. It didn’t take me 10 minutes, to have all of my opponents on the ground.

After a few minutes of rest, I faced all 12 agents at once. I’ll admit, it was a bit more difficult for me, it took me 15 minutes, to have all of them breathing heavily on their knees.

“Marvelous!” Sarad was grinning from ear to ear, as he read the monitor in front of him. “Your energy readings are off the charts!”

Zenfar peeked at the monitor and exchanged a knowing glance with Sarad.

“Chris, this is way too easy for you,” Zenfar noted. “Wait a minute, I’ll ask for backup”

“Backup?” I curiously asked.

“Good thing Prince Rehanmir, has gathered several platinums in the capital right now. I’m sure we can invite some to join us,” Zenfar replied with excitement in his voice. As old as he may be, I can feel how much he’s looking forward to seeing me fight several platinums at the same time.

“How is this any different, from the time I fought those four platinums?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” the High Mage replied with a sly grin.

After more than thirty minutes of waiting, four elves in pastel blue military uniforms walked into the training area. I was set to fight against 2 male earth elves and 2 female air elves. Before joining me on the stage, I noticed all of them put on goggles.

“Are you all ready?” Zenfar asked.

And with a nod from all of us, the shields around the stage were turned on. 2 of my opponents, took their positions in front of me, while another two, behind me.

I was about to launch a water attack when the lights went out. I couldn’t see a thing.

“What the hell?” I shouted.

“You’ll have to learn how to fight in the dark,” Sarad said as his voice boomed through the speakers.

I conjured multiple fire balls to cover the 30 meter length of the square stage.

At first I was able to see my opponents launch themselves against me, but it seems that they knew where the blind spots were, I started receiving blows from multiple air balls, and rocks in the shadows. Good thing I was able to conjure a strong shield around myself, the attacks hurled against me were no joke.

I pumped in more energy to my fire balls, soon enough the stage was brightly lit, I could see them all.

My opponents started working together, the air elves conjured powerful airflows, and while the earth elves pumped magically enhanced sand and stone into them.

A two pronged sand-air combination attack was fast making its way towards me from both sides. I conjured a large ice wall to deflect the attacks, however, I couldn’t remain on the defensive for long, I had to fight back.

While my ice shields protected me, I conjured two large ice serpents. I cast an energy-signature sensing spell into them so they could home in on my attackers.

My opponents struggled to defend themselves from my attacks, their combined earth, and air shields gave way almost immediately.

I decided to be more playful, and pumped more energy into the fireballs lighting up the stage. It became blindingly bright, let’s see how their night vision goggles help them with that.

I realized, I didn’t need to see to know where my opponents were, I simply enveloped the entire stage with my aura I could feel every muscle move, and every breath of air taken within the area. They couldn’t escape me now.

My four opponents froze as the bright light overwhelmed their goggles, it was too bright for them to see. I took that as an opportunity to encase them in ice cages.

The moment I dimmed the lights, they found themselves immobile, with multiple ice spears a few inches from their faces. I won.

“Amazing Chris, it took you just 9 minutes to take them all down,” Zenfar remarked.

“Just 9 minutes?” I asked. “It felt longer,”

“That’s because, all of you moved in lightning speed,” Sarad piped in.

I thanked my four opponents for lending us their time. As they exited the training area, I heard one of them mutter, “There’s no way he’s just a Platinum”

—- 

After my training session, I joined Yal, to meet Patri.

“I heard you had quite the spar,” Patri remarked.

“Hmm... word travels fast,”

I replied with a sigh.

“I’m not surprised you did so well Chris,” My grandfather added.

“Finding you a more challenging opponent, will be very difficult,” Yal noted.

“I agree,” Yal said my grandfather.

“King Ethnar again?” Yal mused.

“I’m sure, father will be more than happy to fight with Chris again,” Patri said, as he shot me a knowing look.

“Oh, come on Patri, fighting King Ethnar is a nightmare!” I exclaimed, as I started fiddling with my hair.

“Chris, I know you liked your fight with my father,” Patri retorted.

“No comment,” I said while holding in a smile. As much as I would hate to admit it, I loved fighting King Ethnar.

Yal, Etalos, and I were able return to earth at around 4am.

Morning came too soon for my liking, I had some studying to do. I’ve been busy the past few days, but it appears I’m still making good progress with my review for my matriculation tests.

Just after lunch, Kalron called for a meeting. We met with Yal in my study and I asked Kalron what the matter was.

“Your Highness, I have an update.”

“What do you mean Kalron? And also, Chris would do just fine,” I said.

“We have some leads on the Detroit incident,” Kalron said with a slightly worried expression.

“What did you discover?” Yal asked.

“All our three remaining leads, came up with something suspicious,” Kalron replied. After a second or two, he then added, “Our scouts detected disturbing surges in magic in Cleveland, Grand Rapids, and Indianapolis”

“Magic surges?” I asked.

“When one of our agents mentioned, he felt some sort of magical disturbance during the attack on Detroit, we equipped all our agents with magic scanners,” Kalron explained.

“But don’t all creatures have some sort of aura?” I asked.

“You’re right Chris,” Yal piped in. “But supernaturals have a higher than average level, elves and demons being adept with spell casting would easily register in our scanners”

“So, are you saying, the surge in magic in those cities are demon induced?” I asked.

“Sir, we’ve taken into consideration the human, vampire, and werewolf populations in those cities. Even a swell in vampire and werewolf population, wouldn’t explain the surge in magic. Also we’ve studied the energy signatures, and they don’t match elvish aura.” Kalron added.

“What else did you find Kalron?” I asked.

“We’ve accessed the CCTV database, and available private security footage of all entry and exit points of those cities, it appears that some of the trucks, that were used to transport the evacuees in Detroit, have entered those cities.”

“Fuck...” I muttered.

“Do we know, where exactly, in the city they are?” Yal asked.

“No sir, the magic scanners will only give general readings for a large area. We also, tried to track the trucks via the security cameras, but the surveillance footage was cut off as the trucks made their way into the city,” Kalron replied with disappointment in his voice.

“Can we use multiple magic scanners, to triangulate their location?” I asked.

“We’re working on that sir, but it will only narrow our search down to 4 square kilometer sections. When we finish the triangulation, we’ll have to send a scouting team to serve as reconnaissance.”

“Okay, I’ll coordinate with Victor and August regarding this matter. We’ll have scouting teams prepared by tomorrow morning,” I replied.

After my meeting with Kalron, I initiated a video conference with August and Victor. We immediately decided to mobilized the agents in training in the New York facility. Each scouting team will be composed of 2 werewolves, 2 vampires, and 1 elf.

Early that evening, Kalron was able to provide us with a more specific area for surveillance and scouting. Our reconnaissance teams were to scout the suspect neighborhoods but were instructed, to avoid engaging the enemies.

What concerned me the most, was the possibility of us facing three generals, that’s three separate, demon armies for us to deal with.

I wasn’t able to visit the realm that night, I was busy coordinating with August, Yal, Victor, and Kalron on the reconnaissance mission. All 5 members of each team were at least high silver level, the elves in those teams were Akros, and at least Gold level.

I hoped, that would be enough power for them, should they encounter any trouble.

We also, stationed extraction teams composed of 2 vampires and 2 werewolves, in case our scouting teams face any trouble.

When everything was in place, and finalized, just before sunrise on Wednesday morning, I decided I was long overdue for a visit to the tower. I had some reading to do.

I popped into a different level of the tower, and realized I was in one of the basement levels again. The underground levels had this eerie vibe to them, I just knew I was underground despite most floors being windowless.

“I need your help again. Please,” I spoke out loud.

“Anything, that would help me and my people,” I pleaded.

I allowed my energy to engulf the entire level, and I felt several scrolls tug at me.

It took me several minutes to find the scrolls. When I unrolled them, I found myself staring at more information regarding the Tashik method of magic.

*sigh

This soul based magic tiring, every Tashik based spell took at least twice the energy, and effort compared to what I’m familiar with.

Several of the scrolls discussed Tashik based aura manipulation. It took me at least an hour, to be at least half decent, with soul based aural energy. Trying to use my soul and emotions, to speak to the “flow” was daunting to say the least.

*groan

After almost 6 hours in the tower, I had enough for the day. I made sure I remembered everything I read during my visit, so I could practice back at home.

That afternoon, I received an update from Kalron, the scouting mission will commence, right after sundown.

I decided, to distract myself by practicing several Magnus spells, I first tried 8-layered spells then moved on to 9 and 10.

Nomir and Yal observed my training session, the looks on their faces told me they were both in awe of my skills. Well, I might indulge myself a little, by admitting that maybe I’m a bit good at this Magnus Spell thing. Hehe.

After my training, I decided to visit Victor’s place for dinner. It’s been quite a while, since I visited his place.

I greeted Henry, who seemed to be occupied, with his new role as the OIC of Virginia for District 4. I’m sure, this crisis with the demons has made his job more difficult.

Mark and Troy were happy to see me again, and their cooking was fantastic as usual.

Visiting Victor’s place, I noticed there were more agents stationed outside and I asked my boyfriend about it.

“I see you have more agents on duty.”

“Yeah, it’s a precaution the VHC has taken with all councilors,” Victor replied. “Are you sure, about having just Nomir and Kalron as your main security officers?”

“Yeah, I’ve conjured an energy shield around our place, it should decently against an attacking force”

“Good, I’ve stationed some of my agents in your neighborhood as well, and I believe August stationed some of his own, for Leo” Victor added.

“I try, to scan our neighborhood, for malevolent energy every now and then,” I added.

“You can do that?” Victor asked.

“Of course, I can, I just learned it recently, now I can scan up to almost a kilometer away from me”

“What?!” Victor exclaimed.

“I’m sure, I can extend it by a few more kilometers, in a few weeks”

“That’s impressive Chris. I doubt even King Ethnar could do that,” Victor remarked.

“Well, I haven’t asked him about it, but it’s a pretty neat trick don’t you think?”

“It certainly is!”

“Hmm, actually, I believe we can tweak your skills towards something more similar,” I replied.

“What do you mean Chris?”

“You can read minds right?”

“Yeah...” Victor said with slightly raised eyebrows, I’m sure he was wondering where I going with this.

“How close does someone need to be, for you, to read their thoughts?”

“Hmm... more or less,15 meters max, why?”

“And, that’s like reading exact thoughts, right? I mean, you’re reading into their memories, and plans, and such, with that range”

“Yes...”

“Does it take less effort, if you just skim the surface, of one’s mind?”

“Yes, that’s way easier.”

“And, by skimming the surface, you can already gauge one’s intent, or emotional state, right?”

“Yes.”

“Then, there you go, instead of trying to read every thought in your immediate vicinity, you can expand your range, by looking for hints of ill-intent. Then, when you’re able to narrow it down, that’s when you probe deeper into their minds,” I suggested with a proud smile.

“Chris, you’re a genius!” Victor beamed. “I can’t believe I haven’t thought of that.”

“You’ve been, too pre occupied reading a verified opponent’s actions, and future movements, by reading surface thoughts, you’re able to find potential opponents instead. Come on, try it.”

“Hmmm... okay,” Victor closed his eyes for a few seconds. I spent those moments, taking in the peaceful look my boyfriend wore, god, he’s so handsome!

Victor’s eyes lit, and with a grin, he said. “I could more or less, sense the lack of threat in the neighborhood.”

I smiled back at my boyfriend, and said, “I’m sure, you’ll be able to expand your range soon.”

“With practice, I’m sure I can,” Victor beamed.

—- 

Victor joined Yal, Kalron, and me at home, we monitored the progress of the three scouting missions.

At 1:09am, we received information from the Indianapolis team, their mission was a success. They were able to locate the demon base, and able to safely return to their temporary base of operations.

At 1:38, we received an update from the Grand Rapids team, they were able to immobilize 7 human agents. It appears, the humans were acting in a similar manner to the, ones that attacked FRUSI.

At 1:43, the Cleveland team reported, they also, faced opposition from 5 human agents but were able to neutralize them.

At 2:04, the Grand Rapids team, reported an increase in demon influenced humans.

At 2:07, the Cleveland team, reported a similar observation.

At 2:09, we ask the Grand Rapids team, to withdraw, the number of enhanced humans tripled, in the past few minutes. Thermal imaging from our drones, showed the same.

At 2:12, we asked the Cleveland team, to withdraw

At 2:19, the Grand Rapid team, was able to safely leave the area of concern.

At 2:22, we lost contact with the Cleveland team.

At 2:26, we mobilized the Cleveland extraction unit, to assist the scouting team.

At 2:32, we lost contact with the Cleveland extraction team.

At 2:35, all attempts, to contact the Cleveland scout and extraction teams failed.

At 2:41, some unknown force shot down all of our surveillance drones in Cleveland.

Thanks to @tigg615 for helping me with this.
Apologies for the delay, I hope you're all still out there. :) 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 18
  • Wow 14
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

PLEASE DONT MAKE US WAIT A WEEK FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. This is the price you must pay for creating such a phenomenal world

  • Love 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, gabz2000 said:

I don’t know why/how it would reflect as a new chapter on your end. All I did was make a few edits. Hehe 😅

But hopefully a new chapter will be out soon! Please wait for it. 😅

Your right normally it shows that you've (or any author) made amendments or posted a comment etc but this came up in the listings with new stories & new chapter's etc!?!? Technical hitch !! If in doubt blame the technology!!! but then again  I'm a ludite by choice so i would lol

Thanks!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Tashik magic is again emphasized. Hint, hint.

The enemy has been engaged! (Poor Cleveland! [Why are so many horror films set in Ohio? 🤔])

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..