Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 4,227 Words
  • 3,218 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 58. First Surge 2

After a few more hours in the tower training with Patri and Yal, I woke up feeling better. Somehow the diffusion removed some tension from my body. It seemed that being awake in the tower during my sleep don’t take a toll on me. Well at least my body is able to still rest while I’m in the tower, this cross realm travel via a projection has certainly confused me.
 
I went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast for dad and myself.
 
Dad and I had bacon and omelette for breakfast. And then we were both off to my morning study session.
 
Victor joined us for lunch, and he brought with him some cupcakes from Martin’s for desert.
 
Over lunch, Dad and Victor talked about the threat from the Blood Army.
 
“How does it look?” Dad asked Victor.
 
“We’re all being wary, they’re becoming more and more brazen, they organized more than a dozen simultaneous attacks last Saturday, we never expected them to have those numbers.” Victor replied.
 
“At least all attacks were rebuffed and you were all able to apprehend the attackers” dad said.
 
“Yeah... we should have at least taken out a sizeable portion of them” Victor replied then he added “I’m stationing 2 more additional agents to look after you both”
 
“Do we really need that?” I asked.
 
“Chris... we already talked about being more cautious right? We don’t know when and who they’ll attack next, with you being so close to me, it’s highly possible they’ll attack you or your father”
 
“He’s right Chris” dad agreed with Victor.
 
“Yeah.. you’re right” I answered.
 
“Okay... it’s settled then” Victor replied.
 
Victor and I went over to his place early in the afternoon. As we drove, he asked. “So... what did your Patri and Yal say?”
 
“Uh... “ I mumbled.
 
“You find out anything?”
 
“Yeah... I suppose I did”
 
“So... anything we should be alarmed of?”
 
“Nah... nothing alarming ... i think, but something very interesting”
 
“What is it?”
 
“Well... the symbols are the names of the first two elven royal houses, my grandfather’s is the fourth”
 
“Ah, hmm... any clue as to how or why?”
 
“Nope... they’re gonna look into it though, but there’s something else”
 
“Hmm...what?”
 
“I had a kumhakta while I was in the tower last night”
 
“A Kumhakta?” Victor asked confused in his expression.
 
“Yeah, it’s some sort of power surge, Yal and Patri had to diffuse it”
 
“Hmm... are you alright?”
 
“Yeah... I suppose so... Patri and Yal taught me how to avoid future incidents”
 
“Ah... I’m not completely getting it but if you think you’re gonna be fine, I’ll have to trust you on that”
 
“Just ask Patri or Yal about it next time, I don’t completely get it as well, but yeah, they say I’ll be fine as long as I diffuse my powers every now and then.”
 
“How much power do you have to diffuse?”
 
I gave my boyfriend a mischievous smile and said “I’ll show you later and let me know what you think about it”
 
“Ah hah! A secret eh?”
 
“For now” I grinned back at him.
 
As we got to Victor’s house, we both
went to his training floor. Henry was already waiting for us when we arrived.
 
“So are we training again?” Henry asked.
 
“Well... I have to show you guys something first” I said.
 
Henry looked at Victor as if to ask for an explanation. Victor just smiled at him and said “I don’t know what he’s talking about but let’s just humor him”
 
I took my position several feet away from Henry and Victor. “This is what Patri and Yal tought me last night”
 
I then clasped my hands in front of me and started to feel the energy inside me. Dear lord, the energy was nearly full again, I certainly was due for a diffusion, how can I recharge so fast?!
 
I felt the energy inside me and slowly pulled the wisps of flowing energy outwards and slowly released them across my body. I felt the air around me tingle and become warm.
 
“What’s happening? The air... the air... it’s different” Henry commented, his voice starting to fill with concern. “Boss, I’m not liking this” Henry said to Victor.
 
“Chris... Chris what are you doing?” Victor slowly said, his voice had a hint of confusion and ... distress?
 
I then pulled out more energy, I had to diffuse some more. The air felt heavier and warmer. I could feel my skin tingle as the energy flowed out of me.
 
“What the fuck...” Henry muttered.
 
“Chris... are you okay?” Victor asked. He clearly didn’t know what to make of what was happening around him. The energy just continued to flow out of me, the air around grew warmer and heavier, sending tingles towards the now very concerned and lightheaded onlookers.
 
A few seconds later I stopped. I then looked at them both and they were both sweaty. Hmm... Victor looked damn hot being so sweaty. Shit, how can I be horny right now, I thought.
 
“Are you guys okay?” I asked.
 
“Yeah... yeah.. what was that all about though?” Victor asked.
 
“Well... Patri and Yal taught me how to release my energy, if I don’t do it, I’ll get sick with a power surge again”
 
“Power surge?” Henry asked.
 
“Yeah... Seems like magic is building up inside me and I have to release some to not burst out in flames or something” I explained.
 
“So that was your energy we felt earlier?” Victor asked. His eyes begging me for an explanation.
 
“Yeah... I probably released a percent or so.
 
“A percent?!” Henry exclaimed.
 
“Yeah... why?”
 
“Dude... anything more than earlier and seriously I would have dropped to my knees” Henry said.
 
I laughed a bit and said “come on... it couldn’t have been that bad”
 
Victor didn’t disagree with Henry. “Chris, Henry’s right. That was a lot earlier, vampires may not be familiar with elven magic, but we know when to spot power when we see it, and that earlier... was ... was... scary”
 
“Terrifying if you’d ask me” Henry added.
 
“Oh... come on. Stop trying to boost my ego” I laughed at them. But both Henry and Victor didn’t budge though.
 
Henry and Victor were a little bit off in the afternoon so I spent it practicing some water and fire magic in the training floor.
 
After my training and several more minutes of cuddling and kissing with Victor, we both went to the Diner for a mid afternoon snack. Leo joined us at the diner as well.
 
“Dude... have you heard, they’re releasing the early decision results for Stoker within the week” Leo said.
 
“Really?” I replied.
 
“Yeah... August said so”
 
I looked at Victor and gave him a look as if to say ‘why didn’t you tell me!’
 
My boyfriend just gave an apologetic look and said “sorry...” he giggled a bit after that. Clearly he wanted to surprise me.
 
We three, ate burgers and fries and had some milkshakes as well. We all exchanged a joke or two as we ate, we even people watched for half an hour or so.
 
After the diner, we went to the park for a walk. The sun was setting as we went through the park, the days were shorter as winter approached. It was chilly but not that cold for early December. As we walked through the park, we all just enjoyed the crisp air. The park was empty aside from several guys playing on the field on the other edge of the park. We can barely hear them horsing around from their distance.
 
We strolled along and we see Martin and Matteo sitting on a bench several feet from us.
 
“Hi Guys!” I said as I jogged towards them.
 
Martin and Matteo smiled as they recognized us. “Nice to see you three here” Martin said as Matteo nodded towards us.
 
“Yeah! What a surprise!”
Leo answered.
 
“Hmm... my best and favorite customers” Martin said with a smile.
Hmm, Martin’s looking kinda cute today, ‘yum’ I thought. Damn I’m horny again?!
 
“I think I’ll be seeing more of you guys here” Matteo remarked.
 
“Hmm... why is that? Not that we’re complaining though” Victor said.
 
“Well, I’ve decided to move here” Matteo replied with a grin.
 
“Really?! Wow! That’s so cool!”
I said.
 
“Yeah... finally convinced this brother of mine to join me in my business, he’ll be my partner, I plan to expand the cafe soon” Martin said.
 
“Oh my... this is great news!”
Leo added.
 
“Yeah... if you think I’m a good chef, well... you haven’t tasted my brother’s cooking!” Martin proudly said as he grinned.
 
“Hmm... I’m looking forward to tasting your cooking then” I said.
 
“Count on it, I’ll just handle moving my things and I’ll be settled here by next week” Matteo replied.
 
“Awesome!” Leo said.
 
Martin and Matteo stood and joined us in our leisurely stroll. We talked about the menu additions they’ll be making and how they’ve talked with the store beside their cafe and they’ve struck a deal to expand the cafe, basically doubling its size.
 
“Wow! That’s amazing! I’m excited to eat your new food!” Victor exclaimed.
 
“Yeah... I hope this will be a success” Matteo said.
 
“Sure it will! Count on it! We’ll help spread the word” I said.
 
“Thanks guys... we really just love cooking you know” Martin replied as he gave us his perfect smile.
 
“And it shows! Your food tastes great!” Victor commented.
 
As we five walked, the parked became considerably emptier, no person was within sight. It still wasn’t that dark but the street lights were already on.
 
As we walked through the park, Victor paused a bit and said “We’re being followed” his facial expression telling us that something serious was up.
 
“Huh?” I asked.
 
“Shhh... wait... let me concentrate” Victor said as he closed his eyes trying to search with his mind for the people following us. “Seven... seven... and they mean us no good” he said.
 
“What’s happening?” Leo asked, his eyes switching between me and Victor, he clearly didn’t like the situation we were in.
 
“Yeah... what’s happening?” Matteo asked as well. Him and his brother both had worried and concerned looks on their faces.
 
“There are people following us, and they’re out for blood”
Victor whispered. “You guys stay on guard” He clearly was preparing himself for a fight.
 
“Why though?” Martin asked. Clearly despite being almost half a century into being a vampire, Martin and Matteo clearly haven’t honed their skills that much.
 
And just as Martin asked, Seven figures appeared, 4 in front of us about 20 feet away and 3 behind us about 20 feet away as well. One of the guys in the four in front is us, stepped forward and said “you thought it was over eh? Governor.”
 
“Hmm... of course not, though to be honest we didn’t expect you guys to come again so soon” Victor replied rather confidently.
 
“Governor?” Martin asked.
 
“Yeah... District 4” I answered for Victor.
 
“Wait... what? You’re that Victor?!” Martin exclaimed in surprise.
 
“You guys are vampires?” Matteo added.
 
“Just me...” Victor answered Matteo but didn’t look away from the vampires in front of us.
 
The leader of the rogues then chimed in “for slightly older vampires you guys aren’t that skilled aren’t you?” He said.
 
“We both have tried to live human lives as much as possible” Matteo replied with pride.
 
“And where will that get you?” The leader smugly teased then he added “it’ll just get you dead... like these three, by the end of the night, all of you will be dead, and after you guys... I’ll make sure to not forget this boy’s father” The guy pointed to me.
 
My father?!, the Hell!, Hearing the vampire make a threatening remark directed towards my dad, I felt tense and angry, the anger didn’t slowly build up, it came out in full force in an instant, no one, and I mean no one should dare threaten my father!, especially not in front of me!
“don’t you dare lay a finger on my father!” I barked against the vampire as I changed my stance, preparing myself for an attack.
 
“Chris... calm down” Victor said.
 
“Calm down?! You want me to fucking calm down as they threaten my father?! No!” I shouted. Victor was clearly taken aback with my reaction, but hell no, no one dares to harm my father. I was beyond angry now. I never felt that I could be so angry, I never got so angry so fast in my life. At the point I realized that I couldn’t imagine a world without my dad.
 
“Well... you have to beat us then if you want to save your father from us later, or we might end up toying with him before we drain him of his blood, I’m sure me and my buddies here will enjoy some fresh human blood” the guy smugly said with an evil smile. He was clearly confident they’d come out winning, he clearly didn’t know who they were talking to.
 
“Shit... what do we do Victor” Martin asked.
 
“We can barely fight...” Matteo added.
 
“You both protect Leo, Chris and I will handle the rest” Victor ordered.
 
“Okay...” Martin agreed but like his brother he was confused as to how
I could fight vampires.
 
“Don’t worry about Chris, you’ll see...” Victor reassured the brothers.
 
“Here use these” Victor said to Leo as he threw him some high intensity UV guns.
 
“That won’t work from that distance” the leader said as he pulled out a gun together with his peers.
 
“Shit...” Victor muttered.
 
“We can’t always rely on raw power now can we?” The rogue leader smugly replied. And of course with seven guns, odds are that at least one bullet would surely hit one of us.
 
“Say good bye to each other now” he said as he pulled the tigger.
Shots were fired and I released a shield around us.
A light golden spherical shield surrounded us and all the bullets fell to the ground.
 
“What the fuck” said the vampire leader. He clearly was confused but he wasn’t backing down just yet. He clearly thought that this was something he could overcome as despite the initial shock, his evil grin slowly returned to his face.
 
“The hell?! What the fuck is that?” One of the vampires added from the back.
 
“Thanks Chris” Victor said.
Matteo and Martin were clearly just as surprised as the rogues.
 
“Long story” Leo said to them.
 
“You dare try to threaten my father?!” I angrily said to them. My voice booming throughout the park as I turned my head around to look at all the vampires threatening us.
 
“Don’t get cocky boy!” He said as he together with the other rogues fired against my shield as well.
They all shot several more times and not a single bullet scratched my shield.
 
“What the hell is fucking happening!?” The leader said. “How is this fucking possible?” He didn’t seem so smug now.
 
“Is that all you got?” I smugly replied. The energy was welling deep inside me, I knew I could handle them.
 
“Fuck this shit” a vampire from behind said and he launched himself against my shield. The moment he made contact with my shield, he screamed in pain. From the crackling we’ve heard and the charred skin he had, he must have burned himself pretty badly.
 
“What’s happening boss?” Another vampire said as he asked their leader for an explanation, the other vampires started to have looks of concern if not fear for what was happening.
 
“We weren’t informed about any of this!” He angrily said, hmm, it’s good to know that the Blood Army is still clueless of my strength.
 
“Is it my turn now?” I asked.
 
“Chris... what are you planning?” Victor asked.
 
“Let me handle this baby” I warmly and calmly said to my boyfriend. Then looking at the vampires, my demeanor changed to something more menacing, my voice now louder and deeper, “they threaten my father, I make them pay. No one! And I mean no one! Should dare threaten any of my loved ones!”
I rather gritted my teeth with so much hate at that point. Leo and Victor exchanged looks as they see me become angrier and angrier by the second, clearly this is the first time they’ve seen me so pent up.
 
I formed a ring of pure energy around my shield. It was spinning as it surrounded my shield, the ring was bright silver and its energy heating the air around us, vibrations of energy pulses throughout the park. Within a split second the ring burst forth and hit all six remaining vampires. It took a second or two before the eyes of my companions were able to adjust after the bright flash of light.
 
Screams and groans of pain were heard. All rogue vampires were now in pain and were all clearly badly burnt.
I pulled out some more energy and coils of bright white light wrapped themselves around the vampires.
 
“Victor... can you please read all their minds? We need information”
I said to my boyfriend.
 
“Ah... of course ... Chris” Victor was clearly out of himself with my display of power. Leo, Martin, and Matteo weren’t far behind, all had looks of disbelief written all over their faces.
 
“Done...” Victor said a few moments later.
 
“You got everything that we need?”
I asked.
 
“Yes... everything” Victor replied.
 
“Okay... thanks. So no more need for them?” I asked. Despite defeating all seven vampires, I clearly was still so angry. The words threatening my father still echoed in my head. The threat of draining my father, clearly unforgivable.
 
“Yes... we don’t need them anymore” my boyfriend replied.
 
“Okay” I said as I snapped my fingers, and I don’t know how I did it but the coils of energy grew brighter and within a second or two, all seven vampires turned to ash, nothing but dust remained, the gently breeze slowly blowing the dust into the air.
 
“Fuck...” Leo muttered.
 
“You did that?” Victor asked in complete surprise, He clearly did not expect me to turn the rogues into ashes so easily, and I think he never thought I had it in me to end someone’s life, and I might have agreed with him, but the anger, the anger I had against those who threatened my family seemed to have changed that.
 
“Yeah... you said we didn’t need them anymore right?” I said bluntly.
 
“Yeah... yeah... you’re right” he replied.
 
“Everyone alright?” I asked everybody else, now my concern was if my friends were all fine. I gave them a warm smile to reassure them that I’m not in an angry mood anymore.
 
“Yes... we’re fine” Matteo whispered. Clearly he still was trying to take everything that happened all in.
 
“Yeah, just a bit shaken, that’s all” Leo answered, he was giving me a quizzical look though, as if telling me that he wasn’t fully recognizing me based on my actions.
 
“Leo... I know what you’re thinking, don’t worry about me” I said to my best friend as I went over to him and gave him a hug and a pat on the back.
 
“Goodness Chris, you scared the shit out of me” he answered.
 
“More than those big bad vampires?” I snickered a bit and pulled away from our hug and just gave my friend a smile.
 
“Yeah... certainly, you’re way scarier than them”
 
“Oh come on! I couldn’t have been that bad” I said to him.
 
“Dude... you turned them all to ash!”
 
“So? They were out to get us... something had to give” I bluntly said.
 
“Chris, should we be concerned?” Leo asked me rather seriously while Victor talked a bit with Matteo and Martin a few feet from us.
 
“No, of course not” I said to Leo.
 
“Okay... I’m trusting you on this”
 
“Yeah, don’t worry” I smiled back at him, “So... can we all go now?” I said as I pulled back my shield and pulled my still distracted friends back to our walk.
 
We five continued to walk through the park and as we walked, Victor was on the phone with the Vampire Government to give them an update.
 
“How were you able to do that?” Matteo asked.
 
“I’m half elf apparently” I said.
 
“Elf? What?” Martin asked.
 
“You guys haven’t heard of elves?”
I asked.
 
“Nope... never... we know about werewolves though” Martin replied.
 
“For vampires almost fifty years into their vampirehood you guys certainly are quite unfamiliar”
 
“Wait... you guys knew?” Martin asked.
 
“The moment we first saw you, Victor immediately figured it out, Patrick as well when you met him first a few years ago” I said.
 
“Wow... there’s a way to differentiate vampires from humans?” Matteo asked.
 
“Yes there is.” I replied.
 
“Whoa... wow. That’s amazing” Martin said.
 
“Well... I’m sure Victor can teach you or one of his guys” I said.
 
“Wow... yes please!” Both Martin and Matteo were both excited at that point.
 
“How can you guys know so little about vampires anyway?” Leo asked.
 
“Well...” Martin had a sad look on his face. “Well... it was 49 years ago, my brother and I got really sick and were in intensive care, the doctors almost all gave up on us, but one of the doctors who happened to be a vampire took pity on us and turned us into vampires. He was our sire, we both lived with him for three years as we went through the transition. His philosophy was to live as normal of a life as possible, we had limited contact with other vampires, but we knew the gist of the vampire and werewolf governments, but as long as we stayed out of trouble, we were fine, however three years later, our sire got into a nasty fight with one of the syndicates and was killed. We both were so lost then and had to live in the dark for another ten years before we gained the ability to walk in the light.”
 
“Oh... I’m so sorry to hear that”
I said, realizing how difficult it must have been for them. They must have been so lost during those years.
 
“Thanks... it was hard but we’re now better”
 
“Yeah... I can see that, I’m glad to have met you both” I replied.
 
Victor ended his call at that point as we made it to the car park. He was half listening to our conversation earlier and he said to Martin and Matteo “well... you guys need to learn more and there’s always space at my place, why don’t you guys drop by every now and then and I’ll have Henry teach you some skills, with your age you both should be able to do so much more”
 
“Thanks ... Governor” Martin said.
 
“Governor? ... none of that shit, I’m just Victor to you guys, okay?”
 
“Okay... “ Martin smiled as he and his brother made their way to their car.
 
As we drove, Leo said “they just won’t stop will they?”
 
“Seems like it” Victor replied.
Then he added “We’ll have to put you under protection as well, having you so close to me and August will put you and your family at risk as well”
 
“Shit...” Leo muttered.
 
“He’s right Leo, you and your family need protection” I said.
 
“Yeah I know”
 
“Don’t worry about it Leo. I’ll have it arranged. I’ll make sure you won’t even notice them, Chris and William have agents shadowing them as well”
 
“You do?” Leo asked.
 
“Yeah... we have four now” I replied.
“And yeah, they don’t bother, they keep their distance”
 
“Were they there earlier?”
 
“Yeah... but they keep their distance, they only intervene when Chris and I are clearly in a disadvantage, with Chris’ outburst earlier, those vampires stood no chance” Victor explained.
 
“That was some show” Leo said.
 
“Yeah... that was amazing Chris!” Victor said.
 
“Well... now you both know to not get me angry” I giggled.
 
“We’ll surely remember that” Victor said laughing as well.
 
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 17
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I wonder how much Chris' temper tantrum drained his supply?  I wager it was not much.  At least by turning the vamps to ash, he doesn't need to worry the Blood Army will find out about him yet.  I'm like Leo and would be scared.  At least Martin and Matteo will now get some training.  I do wish someone would suggest moving in with Victor might be a better idea to protect William and Chris rather than 4 guards.  Nice to know they were there and could have helped, but it was obvious that Chris doesn't need it now.  What will Patri and Val say when they hear the story?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..