Jump to content
    gabz2000
  • Author
  • 1,577 Words
  • 3,672 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Into the fields of Summer - 46. Meet the Family 3

After lunch, Yal and Hashana helped me in the kitchen, washing the dishes and cleaning up the table.
 
“A prince shouldn’t be doing this, Hashana muttered”
 
“Oh... Hashana, don’t mention it, I don’t mind doing the dishes, and dad and I take turns anyway, hehe”
 
“Still... you’re a prince, you’re in line to the Elven throne, you’re not suppose to do stuff like this”
 
“Oh come on, it’s not that bad, you don’t seem to mind helping me out” I grinned back at her.
 
“It’s because I can’t let the prince do it by himself!” she huffed at that statement.
 
“Sister, let the prince be” Yal said as he was clearing out the mess I’ve left behind earlier on the kitchen table.
 
“See... your brother doesn’t mind”
 
Hashana then looked at her brother and said “seriously? You’ll make the prince do such things?” Her facial reaction said it all, as if challenging her brother to say something she didn’t approve of.
 
Yal fidgeted a bit “well... I didn’t say he should do stuff like these, but this is his human side, we should
at least respect that” he said to his sister, but then he looked at me and said “but you won’t be doing this for sure in the Palace”
 
“Stop me” I grinned back at him.
 
Dad and Victor were in the living room, obviously talking about the revelation made earlier. They both noticed us walk into the room and Victor said “what do we do now?”
 
“I think we’ve done enough explaining for today, but we’d like to train the young master with his elemental powers” Yal said.
 
“Oh...” Victor grinned “I have to see this”
 
Dad then stood and said “what do you guys need?”
 
Yal replied and said “just some open space would be fine”
 
“The backyard then” dad leading the way.
 
It was a little bit chilly outside, but it was still bearable with our sweaters.
 
As we all got out in the backyard, Yal then said “nice space, this should do... ahh... and a pool, marvelous!”
 
Dad gave a confused look and gave me a signal to explain.
 
“He’s a water elf” I said.
 
“Ohhh” dad lifted his eyebrows and continued “ah... I see”
 
“What do we do now Yal?, this is the first time I’m trying this out while not being in the tower”
 
“Which is actually better, you’re not training as a projection now but you’re now training with your real body” he paused then we walked several feet from the rest and then he put his hands on my shoulders and looked me straight in the eyes and said “this time, it will be different”
 
“Huh? What?”
 
“You’re more connected now with your magic, you’re grounded to reality now, it should be slightly different in feeling to how we did it in the tower, I’m not entirely sure to what extent as you’re the first to ever train as a projection but let’s just take it slow okay?”
 
“Okay... I’ll try”
 
For the next 10 minutes we both meditated, I thought how boring we must have looked to the rest but it seemed Dad, Victor, and Hashana were having their own conversation from several feet away.
 
Then we started with some basic water magic, Yal instructed me to pull some water from the pool.
 
I reached out my open hand towards the pool, at first nothing really happened, but a few more seconds later, I felt a connection with the water in the pull, my mind gave it a small tug, and slowly a small glob of water rose from the pool, it wasn’t big, maybe golf ball sized or so, it floated in the air, maybe 3 or 4 feet above the rest of the pool.
 
There was an audible gasp from dad and Victor was clearly entranced by the spectacle.
 
I then started to will the water to come closer to me, it was slow at first then almost a minute later it was already floating inches from my hand.
 
“Good job” Yal said then he continued “why don’t we add some more water?”
 
“How?”
 
“Reach out to the pool, yes... yes... that’s it” now small glob of water rose from the pool, later changing form now shaped like a rope or snake, the water tendril slowly made its way to the water ball I’m working with, as the ball and the water tendril made contact, the ball slowly grew until it became the size of a basketball.
 
The magic was certainly working but I also then noticed that my hands were now straining. “It feels weird, it feels heavy” i said.
 
“I’m surprised you just started to feel exhausted now” Yal said
“I expected the smaller ball earlier to actually burst in seconds, you are clearly learning fast”
 
I was still now putting a great deal of concentration to hold the water ball in place.
 
“Good... now try to split the water ball into two”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Just try to feel the water ball and the energy that surrounds it, okay?, then try to split that energy flow into two spheres”
 
Slowly but surely the water ball stretched and then they fully split into two smaller water balls.
 
“Cool...” Victor commented.
 
“Okay you can let go now” Yal said.
 
I let out a huge sigh and the balls bursts, all the water draining into the backyard grass.
 
“That was amazing son” dad said. “This magic thing, hmm...” dad paused then continued “is certainly weird and will take a lot of getting used to, but it certainly is something fascinating, goodness from Vampires to Werewolves, now... Elves?!” Dad chuckled at that then said “what’s next?!haha!” He bellowed in laughter.
 
“Wow, Prince... that was great! Is it really your first time?” Hashana asked.
 
“Yeah... first time to do it like this, though your brother has taught me some stuff back in the tower”
 
Yal then chuckled “you’re certainly special young prince, it took me almost a month to do what you just did” he patted my shoulder and said “okay, ... let’s rest for a bit and let’s continue” Yal then looked at Victor, he grinned and said while facing Victor, “I also wanna spar with a vampire later, it’s been ages”
 
Victor have him a wide smile and replied “sure thing!”
 
“You don’t know what you’re getting into” I grinned at Yal.
 
After a few more rounds of practicing low level water manipulation, I felt tired, like my muscles started aching all over and my energy levels were just drained. I found a spot in the grass and SAR beside where dad and Hashana were sitting on.
 
“Why don’t we spar tomorrow instead?” Victor said to Yal. “You look a little bit drained, I want to fight with an elf at full strength” he grinned.
 
“I see you’re point, I want to fight with you at full strength as well”
 
“How about my place tomorrow?, I’ll introduce you and your sister to my family” Victor suggested.
 
Yal looked at me, as if trying to see if it’s safe to tell Victor’s group. Although the revelation with Dad and Victor went smoother than expected, we can’t always expect things to be as smooth all the time, there’s also that bit of Yal that wants to hold on to the idea of the existence of Elves as a secret. Well it still is a secret, just not with our family.
 
I then smiled at Yal and said
“don’t worry Yal, I trust those people with my life” Yal then just nodded and smiled.
 
For dinner, we brought Yal and Hashana to the Diner, hehe. I think Hashana took quite a liking with our Double Cheeseburger and fries and of course, our Oreo milkshake.
 
Sally even made good friends with Yal and Hashana. A few jokes here and there and they become really close, hehe, Yal may not look like the type, but he’s certainly a bit funny.
 
Dad insisted that Yal and Hashana sleep in our guest room for the meantime, there was no need for them to stay at one of the local inns in town.
 
Dad also wanted to have more time to get to know Yal and Hashana, and I think dad actually wanted to talk to Yal about mom’s elven life.
 
After dinner, Hashana and I were in our small study talking about how she got her Bronze badge as a scholar, apparently they start as a Copper badge then after several years they can apply for a qualification exam for Bronze, then for Silver, then later on Gold, then Platinum, and a very select few like Yal are even promoted to Master level.
 
While in our living room, Dad spent time with Yal talking about my mom. Yal talked to dad about the stuff she knew about my mom’s life as a princess in their realm. Passing by dad and Yal on my way to my room,
I see dad a little bit misty eyed, him learning more about his beloved wife must have rekindled memories of his own.
Copyright © 2019 gabz2000; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 24
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I enjoyed the relaxed feeling of this chapter as everyone got to know each other.  Hashana is experiencing a bit of cultural shock, but she'll get use to and love that Chris is the way he is.  He's not spoiled and is concerned more with being himself rather than what others expect him to be.  It is a beautiful experience for William as he learns more about his wonderful wife and how dearly she loved him.  She gave up a wonderful life just to be with him and Chris.  That's has to be a very warming thought as he remembers his love for her.  Chris is again learning quickly how to control at least one of his elemental powers.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..